Liverpool Thread

Today we are saying he had a great match, but lets not forget that against teams that park the bus he is the weakest player in our team.

Basically what you are saying is that he is a big match player...well now that Liverpool are among the top teams and certainly will play CL football, he will be even more important in the future...

with players like that we should aim not just for CL but also to possibly go for the league win, in all years why not now? Im confident against City now. Suarez is better than any other PL player and with heart and pressing like today, we can get a result.

Yeeesssss get your hopes up

palpatine.jpg

why not?

just to remind you, he is the most used LFC player this season just behind Mignolet.

What is that other than prove the manager thinks he is the core player for us. Besides we have a great season so far... He always has good matches, only becouse he scored today it is his best? is this your logic? In fact i can´t remember a bad match he had this season. He is more dangerous today than Paulinho as Gerrard just said in the studio, he praised him just now for being the most improved player this season thanks to the coach..

The fact he playes for LFC is prove he is good enough don´t you think?

I'm sure there will be one video "Henderson vs Spurs" and we will watch it very carefully and talk about why he was great today

until minute 80 (where he did some pass to defenders) he only pass behind around 2-3 times

he created a lot of chances , had assist and scored , run a lot forward with ball and was very dangerous in so many situations , also had 2-3 great passes that could lead to assist if others scored , he won ball (like in 1st goal) and didn't panic when he had the ball , actually this was 1st match maybe I ever saw Henderson trying to make things himself without pass to Sakho/Skrtle (example yellow card Dawson,or 2-3 more situations) thats what I call good match what he did in last 3-4 match's I don't really call a good match

you'll be one posting that video of Henderson than we gonna search video of Henderson in any other match (yeah I guess he had one good match too cant remember which against one team but not as good as this one) so in 15 match's find 2 videos you want of Henderson and you see what im talking about

we just call GREAT 2 different things

what are you talking about? i don´t need his highlights, i watch the matches... he is boss and i would knew it even without his assist and goal today.. i post videos only those i stumble upon not to prove why i think Henderson is criticised wrongly here...

btw, Luis Suarez has now scored more goals than exactly half the sides in the league.

okay take this than if you dont post video (and you're the one who post if a while ago Henderson vs "cant remember who was)

so if you see MATCH as you said did you see this ?

until minute 80 (where he did some pass to defenders) he only pass behind around 2-3 times

he created a lot of chances , had assist and scored , run a lot forward with ball and was very dangerous in so many situations , also had 2-3 great passes that could lead to assist if others scored , he won ball (like in 1st goal) and didn't panic when he had the ball , actually this was 1st match maybe I ever saw Henderson trying to make things himself without pass to Sakho/Skrtle (example yellow card Dawson,or 2-3 more situations) thats what I call good match what he did in last 3-4 match's I don't really call a good match

and in which other match did you saw same thing from Henderson Hull? Norwich ? West Ham ?

look i´m not going to answer that. sorry. im to happy to criticise my team after a historic away win and man of match player who is the core of the team this season.

surprised that Naughton guy didn't get a yellow card in 2nd half

It probably had something to do with him being subbed at HT! :P

Great performance, Spurs were overrun in the 1st half. 1 or 2 points from the city/ chelsea matches would be good enough for me. Assuming they beat cardiff and hull.

Why do you always have to oversize everything Pipa ? For you players are always magnificent, amazing, brilliant. It wasnt too long ago that you said that Cissokho was amazing and it would be very difficult for Jose Enrique to get to the team, now he cant even get a game.
Key players of the team are Suarez, Coutinho, Sakho, Johnson, Mignolet, not Henderson.

Why do you always have to oversize everything Pipa ? For you players are always magnificent, amazing, brilliant. It wasnt too long ago that you said that Cissokho was amazing and it would be very difficult for Jose Enrique to get to the team, now he cant even get a game.
Key players of the team are Suarez, Coutinho, Sakho, Johnson, Mignolet, not Henderson.

well they are, look at the table now and compare it with last season. look on how much we spended and compare to City for example or Chelsea and look where we are. Yes we don´t play in Europe, but our lineup isn´t on same level than Arsenals, Chelseas, Tottenhams or City´s on paper, and we managed to play above everyones expectations, just lost against teams we shouldnt and we would be first rigth now. Look at our goal difference... look at our possesion game this season, at our fighting spirit, clinical finishing and those amount of big chances not turned to goals...everyithing is better than before... i could turn the question on you, why are you seeing it so bad? why do you criticise a player who doesn´t deserve it at all? you seem to find always something negative.. The aim for the club this year was to get the top 4 spot. Right now we are in possition to aim for the damn league or at least we can believe or dare to believe, with player like Suarez to lead us, why not? We need to get each game and prepeare like for today.. Not getting to top 4 in current position would mean a massive fail this season. It is ours to lose.

Key players are those who are first in each lineup, who are not just performing for the team, but also are consistent. My key players are Mignolet, Henderson, Suarez, Skrtel and Sturridge.

well they are, look at the table now and compare it with last season. look on how much we spended and compare to City for example or Chelsea and look where we are. Yes we don´t play in Europe, but our lineup isn´t on same level than Arsenals, Chelseas, Tottenhams or City´s on paper, and we managed to play above everyones expectations, just lost against teams we shouldnt and we would be first rigth now. Look at our goal difference... look at our possesion game this season, at our fighting spirit, clinical finishing and those amount of big chances not turned to goals...everyithing is better than before... i could turn the question on you, why are you seeing it so bad? why do you criticise a player who doesn´t deserve it at all? you seem to find always something negative.. The aim for the club this year was to get the top 4 spot. Right now we are in possition to aim for the damn league or at least we can believe or dare to believe, with player like Suarez to lead us, why not? We need to get each game and prepeare like for today.. Not getting to top 4 in current position would mean a massive fail this season. It is ours to lose.

Key players are those who are first in each lineup, who are not just performing for the team, but also are consistent. My key players are Mignolet, Henderson, Suarez, Skrtel and Sturridge.
Im not always negative but I try to be as objective as possible and not get carried away. I said that Henderson had a great game and that he is vital in this type of matches, but that doesnt prevent me from thinking that we should he is far from thinking that we need better attacking players against medium/small teams.
Also I think today's match prove right to those of us who were saying that a midfield without Gerrard needed to start happening in some games. Yes, Gerrard has played very good the last two matches, but Allen, Lucas and Henderson offer more pressing, defense and speed that are key against big teams.

i can agree on midfield without Gerrard, i didn´t placed him in my list of key players becouse he isn´t key player for us anymore. He does great things, but isn´t the leader he was before. I think he still is capable of being the best midfielder, but a midfield of Henderson, Allen and Lucas with possible new DM/CM for cover would be the future. Gerrard can move even more up front to score goals again...as he did with Torres, if he still is up for it. Imo playing Gerrard to deep is waste of his talent.

hope we sign a top midfield player to cover Lucas and Gerrard if needed...

Agree. If there is a market where the owners should back BR with funds is this one. A left back, a strong defensive midfielder and a creative player in the final third should be priorities. I have the feeling that we are going to take advantage of 2014 being a WC year and going to bring on loan Shaquiri (ideally) or Pastore.

I would love us to sign Yarmolenko or Konoplianka.... both young and quality, able to play on wings and AM position... not sure if Bayern would let Shaquiri go...

edit: Suarez first goal.

11392424753_7893b73ba7_o.gif

only top players can do that... he is definetly in my first 3 in world right now.

Last edited:
If anyone can't see what Henderson brings to the team after todays performance, then you need to go look at some other midfielders in the world today.

He's only going to get better, exciting stuff.

Hendo does a back-heel nutmeg because why the hell not. Flanagan unfortunately hits the bar but somehow forces the ball into the net by willpower alone. Or mostly.

If anyone can't see what Henderson brings to the team after todays performance, then you need to go look at some other midfielders in the world today.

Henderson was GREAT today , he was one of the best in field , but only today thats what I'm saying , I hope he does that every singe match from now on I would be happy to write here after every match HENDERSON WAS GREAT

The lad had a great game. I said to my old man that the position would probably suit him more as he's no wide type player.
Going back to your comment above though, I think you need to calm down a bit as that's the best game he has had from what I've seen. He's decent, neat and tidy and worked hard in previous games but not much of an end product from him. Hasn't really created anything, not scored many and just a bit of an up and down athlete. Anybody who thinks he's a top midfield player needs to go and look at some other midfielders in the world today ;)
Hope he performs like yesterday on a consistent basis and is kept away from wider positions as it's not his natural position IMO. Going overboard after yesterday is a bit silly though.

The lad had a great game. I said to my old man that the position would probably suit him more as he's no wide type player.
Going back to your comment above though, I think you need to calm down a bit as that's the best game he has had from what I've seen. He's decent, neat and tidy and worked hard in previous games but not much of an end product from him. Hasn't really created anything, not scored many and just a bit of an up and down athlete. Anybody who thinks he's a top midfield player needs to go and look at some other midfielders in the world today ;)
Hope he performs like yesterday on a consistent basis and is kept away from wider positions as it's not his natural position IMO. Going overboard after yesterday is a bit silly though.

He's young, had a tonne of pressure on him and was never guaranteed a place since this year.

He's getting better with every match. He actually played some fantastic passes yesterday, he just needs to up his consistency and we'll be fine.

I struggle to see the hype with Coutinho. He goes missing a lot. I like him a lot, but he's not as good as people are making out. Again though, he's young and is very exciting to watch, I just wish he could do it all the time.

Why can't everyone be like Suarez :LOL:

Coutinho also hits the bar a lot...just unlucky, he will be better with time also in goals scored. I see him more as an assist maker...wich is fine with me.

P.S Spurs were one of the worst defensive teams I've seen in a long time. Let's not read too much in to it, but you can only beat what's put in front of you.

Is anyone else really glad we managed to keep a clean sheet? Seems a rarity these days....

Back
Top Bottom