Liverpool Thread

I have to agree with you Liverbird, Mirrallas was lucky to still play after the fauls he did...the horryble foul on Suarez, yeah Dazzla it was very bad and fatal almost for his WC chances and our season... we are half the team without him tbh. And i seen Keane breaking legs with simillar fouls. Then the standing on Suarez after his sliding tackle that was intencional + the faul on Henderson that made him bleed as well.... very big mistakes by Dowd.

But to be honest even without the ref wich i knew will make it hard for us.. i think this match was ours.. to bad Allen contributed very bad to the team..in fact i was sad for Luis Alberto not playing..hell at some parts i think even Morgan would be better there than Allen... Flanagan started shaky but his confidence grow before the end.. still he didn´t progres strong enough as others, heck he is at the club for long time to be considered a young player that has the right to make mistakes, he did few today that could cost us.

we played with half the team we can be with Sakho, Sturridge and Toure on one pitch...

That Allen chance was clear 3-1 and the game would be ours.. still can´t understand what the hell he was thinking :/

also interesting fact, Yan Mvilla was watching the match from the stands today...
BZxD5ygIUAAXWkl.jpg:large
BZxBngMIUAAh8K2.jpg:large

I dont agree with Allen, I think he was playing pretty well before missing that vital chance. I agree that had he converted it, we would have probably win. I wouldnt have played Luis Alberto instead of him in a match like this and of course I would have never played Morgan.
None mention yet anything about Flangan. I think he was sensational, he had an amazing match.
Also I can understand why Agger wasnt playing now. I would like to see Sakho-Toure one match, I think that may be our best CBs

Haha, the issue with Suarez is that he has exactly the same reaction to the Mirallas foul (which obviously should be a red) to the Distin foul at the halfway line where he was barely brushed.

Same scream. Same fall and roll. Same grabbing of body part desperately pleading to the gods with his hand raised to the heavens.

So how is the ref supposed to tell the difference?

The Mirallas foul is definitely a red, but it's in an identical spot in the same fixture as when Suarez got an Evertonian sent off 2 seasons ago with a dive. So you get some some your way, you get some against you.

It's good Suarez survived though, given it was a fatal challenge. Only 5 minutes of death for the little man too!

In a way this is indeed justice for the Everton player that was sent off a couple of years ago when Suarez dived...
You people also forgot that Mignolet had at least 3 superb saves.

That Allen chance was clear 3-1 and the game would be ours.. still can´t understand what the hell he was thinking :/

I might be wrong here but I'm guessing he was thinking that he wanted to score. He was thinking about putting the ball in the net. He should have scored of course but shit happens sometimes. Better players than him have missed from there. It was his first start this season. He was injured a lot last year. He's a decent footballer. You get people slagging players off far too quick though and that does my head in.

As mentioned earlier, Ramsey was getting stick last year and look how he's playing now. He's getting bumlicked way too much though. Everyone and everything gets blown up too much in my opinion. A player is slagged off too much or praised too highly. Too many people talk absolute bollocks.

im not writting him off, i say he will have nightmares, becouse Suarez was there wanting the ball... it could be realy good for us if he passed..

he is still a young player who might do a Ramsey :P but.. in such games as today there should be 100% concentration..

Brendan Rodgers: Everton's Kevin Mirallas deserved red card
http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/25067205

@ Ryan, Gerd,

Eh? I thought justice was served last season when Suarez had a good goal ruled out in the last minute? ;)

Tbh I'm not that bothered about the tackle against Suarez because he instigates it himself so you cant get too angree when he gets enough going his way aswell, although I do think that these days with his reputation he gets less then he should. But he has created that problem himself.....what did really piss me off was Down taking his time to make, well atleast you would hope, the correct decision and completely f;£king it up. I thought the 4th official had a monitor on the touchline...in this day and age an iPad isn't too much to ask, surely.

Oh well, ridiculously fun match to watch, rather this than a dire 0-0.

Thought it was a yellow in real time.

Looking at the replay it was probably a red. Somewhat borderline tho imo, at least not as obvious as Larsson on Garcia a couple of weeks ago!

Either way, it's hard to have any sympathy considering Suarez acts like that all the time. It's his own fault if refs think he's exaggerating again

Last edited:
Thought it was a yellow in real time.

Looking at the replay it was probably a red. Somewhat borderline tho imo, at least not as obvious as Larsson on Garcia a couple of weeks ago!

Either way, it's hard to have any sympathy considering Suarez acts like that all the time. It's his own fault if refs think he's exaggerating again

I don't see how anyone can say that it was borderline, it was above the knee. Besides even if Suarez is a dirty little fuckrat who dives, all the referee had to do was look at his leg to see he wasn't faking.

One thing i don't get is how Barry wasn't punished for attempting to pull the physio away from him, prick.

Weird game today, we could have won and we could have lost. Mignolet made some great saves and Flanagan was superb at left back, both Allen and Suarez missed easy chances and Moses missed a header at an open goal, there could have been a few more goals today. Definitely should have been a red card, but also Gerrard could have been sent off for leading with his elbow, Andy van der Meyde was sent off for pretty much the same thing a few years ago on Xabi Alonso.

All in all a fantastic derby match which had everything. Happy with the draw in the end, especially as with 1 minute left on the clock we were 3-2 down.

I don't see how anyone can say that it was borderline, it was above the knee. Besides even if Suarez is a dirty little fuckrat who dives, all the referee had to do was look at his leg to see he wasn't faking.

One thing i don't get is how Barry wasn't punished for attempting to pull the physio away from him, prick.

Weird game today, we could have won and we could have lost. Mignolet made some great saves and Flanagan was superb at left back, both Allen and Suarez missed easy chances and Moses missed a header at an open goal, there could have been a few more goals today. Definitely should have been a red card, but also Gerrard could have been sent off for leading with his elbow, Andy van der Meyde was sent off for pretty much the same thing a few years ago on Xabi Alonso.

All in all a fantastic derby match which had everything. Happy with the draw in the end, especially as with 1 minute left on the clock we were 3-2 down.

As often, the most objective assessment. Almost entirely agree.
Don't agree about Barry and the physio. To me it looked like the physio tried to influenceer the ref to give a red card. That is not his job. I think Barry wanted the physio away from the ref, not necessarily from Suarez (although in the end his action had that effect). The commentator on Belgian television had the same impression.

Looks like Mvila was there to see his friend Sakho..
BZx-9U5CIAAIpHL.jpg:large

+ some quality gifs from yesterday´s game:

Mirallas attack on Suarez, unpunished ...
11015387456_73392d08a3_o.gif

Allen´s missed chance:
11015984393_a34b8411d4_o.gif

Mirralas foul on Henderson:
11015937544_8b93a47829_o.gif

Mignolet saves against Deulofeu and Lukaku:
11015282685_25baac7ed6_o.gif

11015980413_7c027ee518_o.gif

Sturridge 3-3
11016715174_b301355661_o.gif

Liverpools last chance for a winning goal:
11017052403_e7efe01cdc_o.gif

Can't base decisions on cuts. I'd say it was more a red than a yellow but I wouldn't class it a disgusting challenge, he left the leg in more than he went for him aggressively.

The physio was the prick, if anyone was, not Barry. He was trying to influence the ref, no doubt manipulating him by referring to off pitch replays.

Last edited:
Changed my mind on the red for what it's worth. I watched too many slow motion replays. Watching it on MOTD again at full speed it was clearly very reckless. I watched the game live on a crappy stream.

Changed my mind on the red for what it's worth. I watched too many slow motion replays. Watching it on MOTD again at full speed it was clearly very reckless. I watched the game live on a crappy stream.

I'm sure your change in stance has nothing to do w/ Man City and Mutd result. :P

Mirallas himself said he deserved a red card.
He said it was an absolutely reckless tackle, that he never had the intention to injure Suarez, but that this doesn't change much in the end. He apologized immediately and he says he's glad Suarez wasn't seriously injured...

Rodger remark about what would have happened if Suarez had done this, is out of order. Mirallas has far from the record Suarez has...
I
will reply in the same style: if Mirallas' tackle would have been on any other player except Suarez, he most certainly would have got a red card. The fact that the ref doubted that much is because of Suarez' reputation for diving, simulating and making the most of everything. You win some and you loose some...

Mirallas himself said he deserved a red card.
He said it was an absolutely reckless tackle, that he never had the intention to injure Suarez, but that this doesn't change much in the end. He apologized immediately and he says he's glad Suarez wasn't seriously injured...

Rodger remark about what would have happened if Suarez had done this, is out of order. Mirallas has far from the record Suarez has...
I
will reply in the same style: if Mirallas' tackle would have been on any other player except Suarez, he most certainly would have got a red card. The fact that the ref doubted that much is because of Suarez' reputation for diving, simulating and making the most of everything. You win some and you loose some...

Tbf I think Rodgers is right though, because it's a very dangerous game for referees to act like this. It means Suarez could end up getting very hurt because opposition players will expect to get away with it more than with other players.

Of course Suarez has brought it on himself, but this is where consistency must be more important. A tackle like that is a red card all day long, no matter who the injured party happens to be.

This is another of those incidents where a replay could have helped massively in less than 10 seconds, and it would have had a huge impact on the game as Mirallas went on to be involved in the other goals Everton scored.

Rodgers is right, but it is not intelligent to say things like that. Perhaps the press should wait a day before interviewing managers about matches like this one...but of course that is wishfull thinking.

Tbf I think Rodgers is right though, because it's a very dangerous game for referees to act like this. It means Suarez could end up getting very hurt because opposition players will expect to get away with it more than with other players.

Of course Suarez has brought it on himself, but this is where consistency must be more important. A tackle like that is a red card all day long, no matter who the injured party happens to be.

This is another of those incidents where a replay could have helped massively in less than 10 seconds, and it would have had a huge impact on the game as Mirallas went on to be involved in the other goals Everton scored.

I agree, same approach should have seen Suarez off for injuring Mirallas and Distin last year. I'm all for video replays.

All players should be treated equally. But they're not. Players with higher media profiles are often treated differently by the FA. Tis the way of the world.

I agree, same approach should have seen Suarez off for injuring Mirallas and Distin last year. I'm all for video replays.

All players should be treated equally. But they're not. Players with higher media profiles are often treated differently by the FA. Tis the way of the world.

Yeh exactly (hope you weren't expecting me to take the east route here and argue that he shouldn't have been punished ;) )

This is one reason why video replays should be brought in for this kind of issue, to even the playing field. This way a players reputation is less important and the facts actually matter.

Rodgers is right, but it is not intelligent to say things like that. Perhaps the press should wait a day before interviewing managers about matches like this one...but of course that is wishfull thinking.

I get what you're saying, but it's just one of those things really. All football managers are kind-of hardwired to have this kind of reaction. The best and most famous managers in the world do it and always have done it. Shankly did it, Dalglish, Clough, Ferguson, Wenger, Mourinho etc. all did/do it. In a way of course it'd be better if they all sat back and used logic instead, but in another way this kind of thing endears them to the fans, because the fans feel that they're "one of us". So it'll always happen imo.

Back
Top Bottom