Liverpool Thread

Thanks for the info Pipa...

I was hoping he would get some first team action soon but as long as he's active, he'll get his chance because he's so talented.

Cissokho was also playing, had an assist... our boys look great in this match.. i expect Cissokho to be back soon..

What do you guys think about the situation with Luis Alberto ? I cant understand how Rodgers would prefer Moses to play in the hole instead of Luis Alberto. If he cant play now against these low class teams and with Coutinho and Allen injured, what is going to happen in the rest of the season ? He is 21 years old, he should be more involved in these type of situations if he is going to fullfil his potential.

My take on the situation is simple...

We're 7 games into a 38 game season ffs.

Not sure if cissokho will be in first team , Jose Enrique it's doing well so I can't see cissokho starting over Enrique .

Actually i would say he needs the competition...so the sooner Cissokho is fit the better... with this new formation Enrique has to run a lot.. Cissokho will be chainging with Enrique definetly..

Not sure if cissokho will be in first team , Jose Enrique it's doing well so I can't see cissokho starting over Enrique .
Honestly I cant wait until Rodgers try Cissokho in his position. Jose Enrique is a very strange player. He will suddenly make an incredible pass/cross that will lead to a goal but then in the majority of the situations make poor decisions. Against Crystal Palace they could have scored two goals only because of his mistakes.

Honestly I cant wait until Rodgers try Cissokho in his position. Jose Enrique is a very strange player. He will suddenly make an incredible pass/cross that will lead to a goal but then in the majority of the situations make poor decisions. Against Crystal Palace they could have scored two goals only because of his mistakes.

well I think the same sometimes , to be honest sometimes I even think Enrique its one of most stupid players in EPL , some of his decisions are terrible bad , like when we are losing and its 90+' and he goes for a shot from area where its impossible to score where he can cross and create something , but then he play some passes that makes you think he's really really good!

Enrique needs rest and competition as i said...lately he´s been running through whole length of the left side alone... becouse of Moses or Coutinho playing in hole and Sturridge with Suarez up front... Enrique isn´t bad, but sometimes frustrating..he makes decent run or wins a ball and then the pass is horrible... or unproductive.. wonder how Cissokho takes his chance..

Young Reds star Harry nets his grandad £125,000
harry-6196877.jpg

http://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/young-liverpool-fc-star-harry-6196896

matchday

exited about todays match , hope we get 3 points at Newcastle I bet it wont be as easy as last visit there but I believe we can win !

Suarez 100 match for Liverpool today.

anyone have any update for Glen , Coutinho and Allen injury ? when they will be back ?

glad to see Glen its back , not sure about Cissokho starting I would start with Enrique this match, anyway our bench still dosnt look good , if we are losing/drawing and we need a change we dont have a player on bench who can make difference , also good to see Allen back

Subs: Jones, Agger, Kelly, Flanagan, Alberto, Sterling, Allen.

1379296_10152068105412573_291437306_n.jpg

international football...

the important thing is we were always goal down and managed to level..

hope we can get 3 points from this game.. but a draw would be more fair.

Is it only me who thinks Moses looks like he cannot be assed.

I would of took him off early, in fact I would not of played him in that position

Fair result, Liverpool didnt do enough with a man more.

Moses is better on the wing, his first instinct is to attack and beat his player, then he finally gets his head up to see who he can pass to.

IMO, and as a neutral this was a very good match. Fantastic equalizer by Liverpool (the second one).
In the end a draw is a fair result, but i saw a rather biased referee: when there was the slightest doubt his decisions went Liverpool's way. Technically you can't argue with the sending off and the penalty, but once again Suarez made the most of it. I wonder waht this ref would have done if this had happened in Liverpool's 16 (against Newcastle of course). Same for Debuchy's foul right at the end of the match...this was a foul, but i'm pretty sure Newcastle would never have got this foul.

All this said and to be fair and objective: good match by Liverpool. Don't understand therather complaining posts of the Liverpool fans, what do you expect ? Liverpool is not Barcelona, Bayern orDortmund...

I think the referee was impecable. Wasnt afraid of showing cards and that is something not common in the PL.
Again, we were a completely mediocre team when playing 5-3-2. Once we changed to 4-3-3 the team was much much better and we had all of our chances. Cant stand seeing 5-3-2 anymore, it may well be the worst tactic in football history.

IMO, and as a neutral this was a very good match. Fantastic equalizer by Liverpool (the second one).
In the end a draw is a fair result, but i saw a rather biased referee: when there was the slightest doubt his decisions went Liverpool's way. Technically you can't argue with the sending off and the penalty, but once again Suarez made the most of it. I wonder waht this ref would have done if this had happened in Liverpool's 16 (against Newcastle of course). Same for Debuchy's foul right at the end of the match...this was a foul, but i'm pretty sure Newcastle would never have got this foul.

All this said and to be fair and objective: good match by Liverpool. Don't understand therather complaining posts of the Liverpool fans, what do you expect ? Liverpool is not Barcelona, Bayern orDortmund...

we expect to beat Newcastle with 10 players for whole 2nd half , yeah we are not any of that teams but we are LIVERPOOL and we should win that , it was 1-1 after half time and when you have WHOLE 2nd half with 1 player more you SHOULD win match

I DISLIKE this ugly formation too hope I dont EVER see it again.

Same for Debuchy's foul right at the end of the match...this was a foul, but i'm pretty sure Newcastle would never have got this foul.

It was probably because 30sec earlier he was skyved down from behind near the corner flag and got a goalkick for his troubles. Cant say I saw much wrong with the majority of decisions today and nothing that turned the game. He even managed to play the full injurytime with the 2min of timewasting.

Brendan Rodgers: “Sometimes away from home we will be a threat on the counter, it is our third game playing this system, 2 wins and a draw.”

7 from 9 points that is.

Not enough creativity in the middle. Liverpool didnt take advantage of 10 men. Liverpool should abandon all those defensive players and compact the middle of the park!

Brendan Rodgers: “Sometimes away from home we will be a threat on the counter, it is our third game playing this system, 2 wins and a draw.”

7 from 9 points that is.
Are you ever going to comment something not related with results ? Dont take this the wrong way but what is the point in commenting on a forum if you only talk about results.
It was 6 points against mediocre teams. Today, it was 0 points. The draw came when Liverpool was playing 4-3-3. I really hope Rodgers goes back to 4-2-3-1 / 4-3-3. He is going to have to do it anyway. Liverpool set it structure playing that tactic through all the categories, like Barcelona or Arsenal does. By the way, we are going to get abstolutely destroyed by Arsenal if we keep with this 5-3-2 nonsense.

Last edited:
Maybe not, its well suited for a quick counter attacking tactic. But Im not convinced when playing more conservative teams, it becomes too narrow if the fullbacks arent pushed up enough.

Never said the refs decisions influenced the result.
Not sure though if the red card and/or the penalty would have been given in Liverpool's 16, for that same foul...

Back
Top Bottom