Liverpool Thread

Its a non executive role, he wont be deciding anything of real importance, or directly with the team. Its more of an pr appointment imo. Liverpool fans love him and he will promote the club and its history.

Again you come and want to teach me about history Pipa. I know the history and it is not relevant wether you are a legend or not to run a club. Well, Rodgers right now is the boss because the board of directors chose him as well as they chose the committee and they made every integral decision regarding the future of the club. They are the one that run the club, not Rodgers.
You really think we are in a good position regardin playing wise ? I dont think we ve been playing good this season and I dont like this new tactic. Last week we didnt play well, today we had some moments but I dont think it was a good match from us. We won because Suarez and Sturridge understand each other incredibly well, but there isnt that kind of understanding between the rest of the team.

Its a non executive role, he wont be deciding anything of real importance, or directly with the team. Its more of an pr appointment imo. Liverpool fans love him and he will promote the club and its history.
Well in that case is different. I thought he was going to be a director of the board.

Again you come and want to teach me about history Pipa. I know the history and it is not relevant wether you are a legend or not to run a club. Well, Rodgers right now is the boss because the board of directors chose him as well as they chose the committee and they made every integral decision regarding the future of the club. They are the one that run the club, not Rodgers.
You really think we are in a good position regardin playing wise ? I dont think we ve been playing good this season and I dont like this new tactic. Last week we didnt play well, today we had some moments but I dont think it was a good match from us. We won because Suarez and Sturridge understand each other incredibly well, but there isnt that kind of understanding between the rest of the team.

I don´t want to teach you..why you think so.. i don´t know if you are older, but i supose you should know that fans love Dalglish despite the transfers, he means more to this team than any other player..and i think he suffered the most for the transfers not to work out.

He won´t run the club as i said already..

The owners run the club but they buy players for Rodgers now...his type of players and i think its no doubt he has a big say about that..that´s what i ment he is the boss.

about the critics of our play, i couldn´t give a damn if we play with 5 defenders if we win in the end. This is most important time in clubs recent history, we need as much points as possible to get us back to CL and it´s no time for class game just now.. Sometimes i feel some fans are never satisfied, if we lose or if we win they moan.. I think it´s fantastic we are where we are and i´m fully aware it can chainge, but why criticise it? other teams that spended much much more than us are failing as well..or teams that were certain to be ahead of us before season started. I enjoy our run and i hope we manage to continue game after game.. without Europe we should only aim to finish as higher as possible, no excuses now, no time for talking what´s fair or not..i had enough of bullshite happening to us in past.. this club needs Champions League and then if we manage to be back in that competition, we can talk about the gameplay beauty. that´s what i think personally.

I dont think we are going to keep winning matches playing this way, that is why I talk about how we are playing instead of just applauding and celebrating the wins. Anyway, I hope Im wrong and we can qualify to the CL playing mediocre football, but I just dont see it.

but the question is if we realy play medicore.. we can´t be lucky winning the way we are atm. Give some credit to the team..Rodgers won´t turn us to Barcelona style of play in start of his second season imo..it needs time, but the style is there already.. we are scoring in first half, not conceeding to much, we are good in possesion and currently miss our two very creative players in Allen and Coutinho, not to mention Johnson who is important for the style of play Rodgers want´s to implement.. Cissokho might give Enrique some good competition, Suarez with Sturridge are joy to watch...so im optimistic.

top stuff from Daniel:
fnxom.jpg

I'm glad that Rodgers came out and criticized that performance.
1st half we were good...2nd half terrible...

As long as the manager is doing that, I'm confident we will see some improvement.
He will need to keep players on their toes, and drop any bad perfomers....keep the competition high....that's the only way.

But still to have 5 wins out of 7, and not yet playing that great is fantastic. I'm sure we will improve in the 2nd half of the season, and hopefully we will be able to fight for top-4 because this is still one of the most open seasons in many years.

I hope to see more clubs like Everton and Southampton, Swansea, WBA to give more shocks to the "top 4" teams....to make this season more likely for us to get to CL.

Last edited:
A FEW KOLO TOURE FACTS

1. Kolo Toure drove his mum home from the hospital after she gave birth to him.

2. Rory Delap can throw a ball 50 yards. Kolo Toure can throw Rory Delap 50 yards.

3. A police officer once pulled over Kolo Toure. The police officer was lucky to leave with just a warning.

4. If you spell Kolo Toure wrong on Google it doesn't say, "Did you mean Kolo Toure?" It simply replies, "Run while you still have the chance."

5. Bulletproof vests are made from Kolo Toure's skin.

Those were originally all about Lukaku. This twitter hype is been going on since his debut for Everton.

Tell me you're joking gerd. They've been going around for years as Chuck Norris facts and have been rehashed for every footballer considered a little mad or every hardman footballer. They were Skrtel facts about 3 years ago. The Lukaku ones are just the most recent example.

Tell me you're joking gerd. They've been going around for years as Chuck Norris facts and have been rehashed for every footballer considered a little mad or every hardman footballer. They were Skrtel facts about 3 years ago. The Lukaku ones are just the most recent example.

Didn't know that honestly...i'm sorry. Was the first time i ever read those things.

Rodgers key to Anfield return says Dalglish
Liverpool FC legend says Reds boss was most important factor in his return

Kenny Dalglish has revealed how Brendan Rodgers was key to his appointment to Liverpool FC’s board of directors.

The Kop legend, who was at Anfield to watch Saturday’s 3-1 win over Crystal Palace, has returned to the club as a non-executive director 17 months after his second spell as manager was ended and Rodgers replaced him.

“The most important person in me coming back was Brendan,” Dalglish said.

“The manager is more important than I am and his position was more important to me than my position.

“You could fully understand if the manager wasn’t in agreement with it. If he wasn’t, he would never have known I’d been asked.

“That was the most important thing for me, the fact that people within the club knew I was coming back and wanted me to come back and I wasn’t standing on anybody’s toes.

“If you’re coming back to help the football club in any way you certainly don’t want to come back to hinder. We’ll be in close proximity but Brendan is in charge of the team 100%.

“It’s nothing to do with me. I’m here to be of help to anybody; if he wants to have a conversation, I’m here to do as I’m told or asked to do, and that suits me fine.”

Dalglish admits the positive response from Reds fans to his return to the club means a great deal.

“Obviously it’s thanks very much for the support I’ve seen and I appreciate everything they’ve done for me, but the most important people for them to show their support to is Brendan and the team,” he added.

“They’ve got to support Brendan and the team because that’s who we all come to watch. The greater the support we can give them, the more successful we’ll be.”

http://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/spor...ws/brendan-rodgers-key-anfield-return-6148370

We've not been at our brilliant best this season with the swagger football, but you cant deny the team are working hard and getting the results you need for the first half of the season.

I seem to remember a certain Robin Van Persie keeping United in the title hunt first half of last year up until christmas. United were dire but RVP's goals won them games mostly by a single margin.

As long as we are in the top five at christmas, we can make a push second half of the season. Hopefully we will reinforce in january, but for now i couldnt care less if we didnt string together 5 passes along as we pick up points.

What do you guys think about the situation with Luis Alberto ? I cant understand how Rodgers would prefer Moses to play in the hole instead of Luis Alberto. If he cant play now against these low class teams and with Coutinho and Allen injured, what is going to happen in the rest of the season ? He is 21 years old, he should be more involved in these type of situations if he is going to fullfil his potential.

The league doesn't give time for young players to adapt . This might be the only open season ever! So, coaches might have to go against their original plan. All what matters is results ...leave the fanstastic football to The Arsenal :)

So why buy a player with wonderful potention if you are not going to give him chances and develope him ? Im not talking about playing him against Chelsea in Stamford Bridge as a starter. Im saying fucking Crystal Palace at home mate.

No one it's easy to beat in EPL even if we play at anfield , remember Southampton ?

We don't have luks to try players , we need to win points and maybe Luis Alberto need some more time , I'm
Not agree he's better than Moses at all , maybe he'll be but right now it's better if we go on with Moses

We need a "Xabi Alonso" player so bad , our defense it's good so it's our attack , but we lack in midfield , hope we finish top 4 by January than buy few QUALITY players and I believe we can reach top 4 this season

So why buy a player with wonderful potention if you are not going to give him chances and develope him ? Im not talking about playing him against Chelsea in Stamford Bridge as a starter. Im saying fucking Crystal Palace at home mate.

maybe Rodgers played Moses becouse he has good form + more experience.. those youngsters will get the games during season..but clearly we aim only for top 4 this season...later there will be many cup games or even europa league..but i hope it will be CL next season..

Luis Alberto was good this few minutes so i guess he only will get more minutes next time..

he is training with the first team for sure, i saw some pics..but probably not ready yet for the first team..

edit: pic from 27. september

181988012-samed-yesil-and-raheem-sterling-of-liverpool-gettyimages.jpg

No one it's easy to beat in EPL even if we play at anfield , remember Southampton ?

We don't have luks to try players , we need to win points and maybe Luis Alberto need some more time , I'm
Not agree he's better than Moses at all , maybe he'll be but right now it's better if we go on with Moses

We need a "Xabi Alonso" player so bad , our defense it's good so it's our attack , but we lack in midfield , hope we finish top 4 by January than buy few QUALITY players and I believe we can reach top 4 this season
You are comparing Southampton to Crystal Palace and that is comparing an awful team to a very good one actually. Southampton has some very good players, that partnership Wanyama Schneiderlin is better than Lucas Gerrard for example.
In the hole, Luis Alberto is twice the player Moses is. Moses is for the wings, not for the holes, he doesnt see the passes players with vision like Luis Alberto see and he doesnt make the right decisions.

Last edited:
Yes, agree. I wouldnt play Sahin on the hole but at least he has some valuable qualities for that position. Really I cant understand how a manager like Rodgers that is talking all the time about possession and thinking would want to play Moses there.

Tbh Alberto hasnt looked ready to me, he has some great touches and passes but physically and his agression dont look up to the level of the EPL yet, give him a season of training and getting minutes here and there and he should be fine.

the U21 playing some nice football against Tottenham, at half time we are 3:0 up..

5:0 now.. :)

Yesil played today, hit the bar... to be honest, the U21 could get 10 goals tonight against Tottenham... 5 goals scored by different players..

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom