Liverpool Thread

We were never after him because of the mentality aspect of his game. I haven seen him much, but the committee understands that he hasnt got a winning type mentality so was never a target. At least that is what was reported.
Sakho is an outstanding player, young, solid, aerially very strong, strong mentality.
Journalists are all saying different prices. Chris Bascombe says its 25m spending in all - 15 for Sakho, 8 for Illori and 2m loan fee for Moses.

you forgot it´s not just about the fee... its about his sallary + the team he chooses...even if we were after him, against free spending Spurs who have signed some great talents.. we are powerless.

I think the case is that really we werent after him and it is no wonder why because we have Coutinho/Luis Alberto/Henderson/Allen/Gerrard for that role. We need a LW, not another AM.

Agreed, I don't think we really needed Eriksen who is yet another midfielder.

Where we need to strengthen is at the back given our injury worries and the fact that Agger can be injury prone.
Ideally if we could've got a good central commanding midfielder, but maybe we can get that next window.

Hope we win on Sunday,....really excited about the game.

According to French broadcaster beIN Sport, Paris St Germain have agreed to sell unsettled defender Mamadou Sakho to Liverpool for €23million (£19.6m). The broadcaster's chairman is Nasser al Khelafi, who is also the chairman of PSG, while Sakho has been left out of the squad for Saturday's game against Guingamp.

I think no journalist has a clue about the correct price. Some say 12m, some say 15, some say 19. It probably must be something in the middle.

BS_3ITYIYAAPImo.jpg

Sky Sports sources understand Tiago Ilori and Mamadou Sakho are having medicals and discussing personal terms with Liverpool. Fees have been agreed with Sporting Lisbon and Paris St Germain respectively, and both deals are expected to be completed before the transfer window closes.

tumblr_ly8ok23qub1qimvgto1_400.gif

Can't say the Pool scouting team has been sitting on their hands this transfer period. With Pool, Spurs, Chelsea & City have strengthened their squads considerably this could end up being a highly contested season. From an independent perspective I love it, it makes for better watching and a stronger, more attractive competition. From a Utd perspective however..stop buying! :P

Victor Moses is signed for 1 year loan deal for 1m.

Pretty impressive transfer window if we also get Sakho and Llori too !!

Mignolet, Toure, Aspas, Alberto, Cissokho, Sakho, Llori, Moses(loan)

That's very good business ! Makes our squad deep enough and competitive.
Roll on 2013-14 !!

yes, we did great buisiness this summer.. in and out + loans and promotion of youngsters.. hopefully tomorow we can get the win.. but it will be difficult.

The Reds XI in full: Mignolet, Enrique, Agger, Skrtel, Johnson, Lucas, Henderson, Gerrard, Coutinho, Aspas, Sturridge.

Subs: Jones, Sterling, Wisdom, Kelly, Ibe, Flanagan, Alberto.

our bench its very very poor , I dont see anyone who could com in and change game if we are losing.... hope we keep a clean sheet and score once , we need to win this so bad

c'mon Liverpool

Liverpool has played well first half, can't really complain about the scoreline. Pressed us really well and forced us into alot of errors.

Shockingly bad second half - we need to learn how to counter attack and hold up the ball.

Glad we won - Utd were awful.

Can't rely on 1-0 wins all season though...

i hope we continue against our next oponents with same results.. we should aim for it at least..

Swansea, A
Southampton, H
Sunderland, A
Crystal Palace, H
Newcastle, A
West Brom, H

Back
Top Bottom