Liverpool Thread

Re: Liverpool Thread

What a shame man. Liverpool could of held on if it werent for gerrard thinking he is above the club. Notice 11 men on the pitch. Those were some lucky goals from chelsea. At least liverpool can say they tired their players out.

And what was Mourinho thinking taunting scouser supporters, what a cocky arrogant punk and at that time chelsea wasnt even leading.

i have developped a habit of spitting everytime somebody, or i, mention porto or mourinho *spit*

-fb

Is it just me, or did Mourinho say when asked after the game about his first cup win in England: "It's just one more trophy, I had a few before this."

This guy's attitude just irritates the h*ll out of me. Compare Mourinho's response to what Benitez would probably have said/what he did say and you'll see who of the two freshman foreign managers has more class.

Credit to Chelsea they out played Liverpool but their victory is a hollow, soulless stain on the league.

On a side note, can't wait to see Youri Djorkaeff playing this summer for my home team NY Metrostars. He may be getting older but he's still quality.

We scored after 45 seconds and then defended for the other 89 minutes and 15 seconds with only the occasional break. What can you do when the team doesnt really play as well as it should, it has been the story of our season and it frustrates the fuck out of me.

Maybe next year will be a different prospect

CW I hear you're point. As a fan of Liverpool myself, this season's been tough. I think Benitez will come into his own more next season. This summer's transfer window should be interseting. Regarding today's game it's really the nature of the sport isn't it, sit back and defend thereby inviting the opposition to attack, or take the game to them and risk getting hit on the counter attack.

What's your feeling on Baros not getting the start. Should Kewell maybe have started on the bench, opting for 4-4-2?

jared1975 said:
CW I hear you're point. As a fan of Liverpool myself, this season's been tough. I think Benitez will come into his own more next season. This summer's transfer window should be interseting. Regarding today's game it's really the nature of the sport isn't it, sit back and defend thereby inviting the opposition to attack, or take the game to them and risk getting hit on the counter attack.

What's your feeling on Baros not getting the start. Should Kewell maybe have started on the bench, opting for 4-4-2?

I have voiced my opinion on the hatred of the 451 formation on many occasions in this thread as I dont feel it gives us any options up front. For my money the 442 formation makes it look like you actually have the intention of attacking a team rather than flooding the midfield and playing on the break.

Baros and Moro up front in a 442 would be my preference any day

Liverpool looked so good in the first half against Chelsea in the league on New Year's day. The reason being; they took the game to Chelsea.

Still got 4th place to chase though. Alot hinges on how the team finishes the season out.

in all honesty, the only way we could beat them was playing a counter-attacking
game.....if we went for their throat, then Duff and Cole would punish us
with their own counter-attacks. it's hard to say after the game is over....

sadly this is how most teams in europe play...the 4-5-1...i don't like it...
but this is a system that was successful last season with both Porto and Valencia
we came very close to winning it...who knows if gerrard's o.g. did not happen..
maybe we would have scraped the win....
we were a bit unlucky, but they deserved to win.

what i'm worried about is the 4th spot...if we miss out, then we're not going
to be too attractive for any good players...
without the cash, then we may have to sell gerrard..who in all
honesty is not the great player that is hyped up to be.
He's good, but not great....we can get atleast 2 world class players
with the 35m

Last edited:

Arse. We're just going to have to make do with winning the Champions League this season then.

danwin said:
Arse. We're just going to have to make do with winning the Champions League this season then.

highly unlikely...but if porto and monaco could make the final...who knows...especially with all the good teams knocking each other out.
would'nt that be insane...we win the champions league and finish 5th...lol

Can you believe I couldn't get it on tv over here? It was pretty exciting on BBC Five Live though. ;)

Only 17 minutes to hold on and Gerrard goes and scores his first Chelsea goal.....

I'm starting to get this theory that Biscan is scared of Gerrard. When SG ain't around he plays out of his skin and midfield looks solid, two holders perhaps and Garcia/Alonso being creative? Should we just flog SG to the highest bidder now?

That should provoke some pro-SG comments..... :mrgreen:

Last edited:

I doubt it as well, but anything can happen in a cup competition. I still think we'll finish 4th, Everton have still got Arsenal and Man Utd to play, as well as us. Last day of the season's looking exciting. I'm really looking forward to the summer, with the return of Alonso and Djib... and a couple of decent signings.

danwin said:
I doubt it as well, but anything can happen in a cup competition. I still think we'll finish 4th, Everton have still got Arsenal and Man Utd to play, as well as us. Last day of the season's looking exciting. I'm really looking forward to the summer, with the return of Alonso and Djib... and a couple of decent signings.
Should have 30 million or so to spend then, eh? :lol:

I'm dissapointed with us, it was still silverware. We sought of lacked the real punch that we had last tuesday. Ohwell if only Gerrard left it for Carra it could of been a different result and even tho he had a good game Dudek needs to learn how to hold onto the ball.

anyone notice the red bands the players where wearing ?

any idea what they were and where to get them from ?

england22 said:
anyone notice the red bands the players where wearing ?

any idea what they were and where to get them from ?

They are the Hillsborough Memorial Bands as far as I know though I have no idea where to get them from

sorry if the sounds stupid, but since i live outside the UK, what is the HJC?

-fb

my apologies, i had no idea that was the name. (my limited footballing knowledge only knew of the tragedy and not the name) sorry if it sounded at all insulting.

my thoughts go out to those who still mourn to this day.

-fb

There's been circulating rumours that Baros was unhappy with being left on the bench on sunday(poor kid never a good day for him at carling cup finals) and that he could looking for a move in the summer...It's pretty much like Gerrard it's the inevitable that he's going to leave in the summer....

I heard that too, on Talksport today. If he feels like that let him go. 100% or nothing. Silly sod still needs to learn when to pass and when to shoot.

Baros has indeed spat the dummy after being left on the bench on Sunday. When you are playing one up front its always going to be a tough choice as to who gets left out. Play 2 strikers FFS

Agree. I like 4-3-3 or 4-3-1-2 personally. Even when we had Owen, 1 up front didn't work.

The only thing thats consistent this season is our inconsistency. After todays result I have given up on 4th place, if Everton beat Blackburn tomorrow they are 11 points clear of us and I cant see us catching them with 9 games to go.

For me it all starts again in August, this season is now a write off

Back
Top Bottom