Liverpool Thread

Re: Liverpool Thread

Yes, he might at least bring a bit of intelligence to midfield. I seriously can't see us getting a result against Leverkusen. I would be tempted to put the kids in midfield simply for effort and enthusiasm.

I'd put Traore there, where he can do no damage....hang on, no, let's put Benitez in the middle.

I think we're being a bit unfair to Benitez, its not his fault that he's been left with Houllier's (crap) signings. Who else can he play? Everyone else is injured... and please don't say fucking Warnock, last time he played all he did was run over the ball for free-kicks, and pass the ball to anyone except for a player in a red shirt.

If Benitez gets some money to splash out in the summer, then we'll see less of fucking Traore and Biscan, and some quality instead. Give him a chance guys.

Stasman said:
I think we're being a bit unfair to Benitez, its not his fault that he's been left with Houllier's (crap) signings. Who else can he play? Everyone else is injured... and please don't say fucking Warnock, last time he played all he did was run over the ball for free-kicks, and pass the ball to anyone except for a player in a red shirt.

If Benitez gets some money to splash out in the summer, then we'll see less of fucking Traore and Biscan, and some quality instead. Give him a chance guys.

It must be the stress of work getting to me. ;) I have to admit, even Mourinho would have had a hell of a job with that lot. :mrgreen: One thing is for sure, there are interesting times ahead of us. :D

Big night for us tonight, Leverkusen at our place. If we can keep a clean sheet we have a hope of getting through to the next stage though Moro is cup-tied

Very good so far. back 4 been great.except for a couple of things.but very pleased.

Baros is pissing me off again,passing when he shouldnt and running when he should pass.

Only pass hes ever done is to meller against newcastle lol.and he made a big deal out of that.

THEY BETTER NOT SIT BACK ON THIS LEAD.ID RATHER THEM KEEP PUSING FOREWARD.NOT STUPIDLY THOUGH.

Dudek, GO HOME. Just, just go home.

Trust Dudek to run a glorious european result for liverpool...

Besides that, niether team really strikes one as european elite and Liverpool certainly didn't control the game as much as bundle their way though. We benfitted from referee decisions. Riise, fantastic. Kewel, good but hope he gets better. Baros, good except he forgot he's a striker. Hammaan & Biscan, good for a make-shift partnership. Finnan,Carragher,Hyypia proved a decent defensive line. Traore...

Last edited:

Fuckin dudek.y aint we playing scott c?

Yeah dudek made some good saves,but made 2 big errors also.

What a shame.

Great performance though from the lads.garcia was great i thought.midfield excellent all around.

We won for Christ's sake. Well done Igor and Didi, really didn't think they had it in them. Niice to see Harry playing well as well, Carson's chance must be coming soon.

that's nice...good that we won. Bad that Dudek goofed....again. There is hope for a Gerrard-less midfield yet....

Great result, the likes of Biscan and Traore stepped up their game and it was nice to see the likes of Kewell, Le Tallec and Smicer back with our deformed squad. it's far from over but two important players for them will be missing in the second leg and Gerrard will be back for us.

I would like to see Carson in goal on Sunday, I think Mr Flappable has had his fair share of games...

great result for you's last nite, i thought you'd struggle.

funnily enough it backs up the stat that you play better/score more without stevie G....

anyway , congrats!

another great european night at anfield last night despite dudeks blunder at the end, not sure if it's enough for us to go through to the qf's though as we've not shown any consistency all season, if we play as well as what we do at anfield then we should be ok but another performance like southampton or birmingham and we're in trouble

personally it's been a good week for me following the lows of birmingham, went to a great game last night and got sorted with a ticket for the final in cardiff \\:o/ then today i managed to sort a ticket for the derby, hopefully we'll top it off on sunday against the chavs

good result, bayern only looked dangerous once donavan came on... :) he will get the full 90 in germany cause ponte is suspended... cant wait

danwin said:
One goal away and were through, we can do it! Come on you reds.

you make it sound so easy :)

of course we can do it but at the moment we are equally capable of throwing our advantage away, hopefully the arse kicking rafa gave the players after the birmingham game will have had some effect, it seems that way after last nights performance, i just hope they can maintain that level until the end of the season

Vannizzlefashizzal said:
great result for you's last nite, i thought you'd struggle.

funnily enough it backs up the stat that you play better/score more without stevie G....

anyway , congrats!
Stevie G is overhyped in my opinion. He is a very good player - but not GREAT yet. He makes too many mistakes at critical times i.e attacking when he should be defending. Whether we would be a better team if he went to Chelsea etc, is something to ponder. Personally, I think he would be better at LFC - if he concentrated on being captain instead of pondering a move every season, perhaps he would become one of the greatest ever. As for the Hamann/Biscan combo....well, I doubt they could keep it up for more than a few games... :D Funny how Biscan is up for it in Europe.. ;)

After what was a god result in the Champs League this week we head off to the Millinium Stadium for our first Cup Final under Benitez. This is our only real hope of a trophy this season so we have to make Chelsea know they have been in a game

Damn it Chealse they ruined the Premier League.
I hope they lose to damn Barca.

Looks like Chelsea have already signed Gerrard!

Liverpool were spectators for most of the game. Chelsea scored more annoying goals against us. The third was their only decent one. I don't know what Cech has doing for Nunez's goal. Fair play Chelsea. Next to Newcastle, for such a big club they deserve some silverware after all their waiting.

Hopefully the runners-up medals will give some 'pool players the kick up the backside they need. Like Kewel, Gerrard, Traore and Baros

Back
Top Bottom