Liverpool Thread

Re: Liverpool Thread

juventus11 said:
no problem you basterd :mrgreen: :lol: kidding.
Pity you can't spell... :mrgreen: kidding ;)

Thanks for the thanks Butatista. :applause:

YES! Great fucking result. Sad to see Yankee Doodle Donovan play poorly, but fuck it. .we need some deeper success in the Champs League to keep the team alive and Gerrard at Anfield.

I think Liverpool can definitely play with any team in teh world on their good days. I fear Milan more than any other, but Juventus i have seen quite a few times this season and they can look crap on occassion. . tho they are doing well domestically anyway.

I just want to see PSV and Liverpool matched up against other teams cuz dont make me root for beasley vs Liverpool. . it was hard enough with Donovan. lol.

I'll be back here Friday to discuss the draw. Peace.

Glad Keegan never became Liverpool manager. Fantastic player with the heart of a lion. Unfortunately, wherever he has been, his players have not really lived up to his high standards. So, for the umpteenth time in as many years, Keegan appears to have jumped ship.

Rafael Benitez has spoken for the first time about the now legendary night he spent in a German bar with 200 or so Liverpudlians and described it as a 'fantastic experience'.

The Liverpool boss stunned a pub load of travelling Reds when he popped into Jameson's Irish bar in Cologne city centre the night before the Champions tie against Bayer Leverkusen on Wednesday.

Together with Pako Ayesteran and Alex Miller he left the team hotel with the intention of finding somewhere quiet to watch the second half of the Chelsea v Barcelona game.

But for once he misjudged the situation.

What followed has already passed into folklore, with every Liverpool fan under the sun now claiming to have been there when 'Rafa went the pub to see the lads'.

rafa benitez"It was fantastic. We went out to see the second part of the Chelsea game but we only ended up seeing our supporters," Benitez told Liverpoolfc.tv in an exclusive interview at Melwood today.

"The atmosphere was amazing and we could really feel it. Normally we only see or hear them in the stands so it was fantastic to meet them close up.

"I was not expecting there to be so many Liverpool fans in Germany. Just before going into the Irish bar we thought there might be some fans in there but not that many!

"We tried to sneak in without anyone noticing and I said to the first fan 'ssshhhhh be quiet', but next thing the whole place erupted and everyone was singing 'Rafa-Rafa-Benitez'.

"I stayed for about 50 minutes but it was impossible to watch the game after that. All the fans gathered around me, singing, shaking my hand and taking photographs with their mobile telephones. I told them to forget about me and watch the game but it was impossible.

"The singing continued all the time I was there. It was great. The fans of this club are totally different to those in Spain. In my third year at Valencia the fans began to sing but here they have been singing since I arrived. They are always singing. And to experience it at close hand in the pub was just fantastic."

So will a trip to the pub now be part of Rafa's regular pre-match routine, especially as it was followed by a memorable win on the pitch?

"Oh no," he laughs. "Normally we will be in the hotel concentrating. It was only because there were important games on the TV and we couldn't watch them in the hotel."

The high esteem in which Benitez is held by the Liverpool fans has certainly reached new heights following the midweek trip to Cologne.

Liverpool fans lift aloft a photograph of Rafael BenitezBut his soaring popularity was best illustrated prior to the Carling Cup Final in Cardiff when a group of supporters paraded through the streets holding a giant framed picture of the 'Rafa-tollah'.

"Yes, I have seen the pictures," he says with a beaming smile across his face. "I must say I was both surprised and impressed.

"It is not normal in Spain, maybe Iran but not Spain! It's a kudos thing and for me as a manager it was fantastic to see the fans showing their support for me in such a way.

"It was just a pity we couldn't have won the final for these supporters and all of our other supporters but I can assure them that we are doing all we can to give them some trophies to celebrate in the future."

What a guy he is

Harry Kewell could miss the rest of the season if he accepts the advice of a leading physiotherapist.

The Liverpool winger has been plagued by injury problems this season, with a groin complaint appearing to be the most serious issue.

Reds boss Rafa Benitez expressed his frustration at Kewell earlier in the week after the Australian was ruled out of the UEFA Champions League tie with Bayer Leverkusen.

Kewell declared he was willing to return to the team as soon as possible but he could now be sidelined for the next three months.

Andre Van Alphen, an Amsterdam-based sports physiotherapist, has advised Kewell he should rest for that length of time if he does not want to jeopardise his career.

"My opinion is for a good conventional treatment period so the body gets time to heal and recuperate," said Van Alphen.

"This will take about three months to full fitness. It is impossible to recover while playing football."

Australia's national team coach Frank Farina has suggested that Kewell would benefit from an extended rest to cure his groin problems once and for all.

Farina told the Melbourne Age newspaper: "I saw his comeback game after seven or eight weeks out and he did quite well but it wasn't the Harry of old.

"He is very frustrated that he can't perform at his best. What happens next is a decision for the club to make, the medical staff and Harry himself."

If we do lose him for the rest of the season I hope he comes back the player he was when he was at Leeds

Rafael Benitez has confirmed that Spanish midfield ace Xabi Alonso will return to the first team before the end of the season...

The former Real Sociedad midfielder will make his return to action in April, after having his ankle broken by a rash challenge from the Premiership most overrated midfielder Frank Lampard in the New Years Day clash with Chelsea at Anfield.

It could also mean that Alonso may be available for the second leg of Liverpool's Champions League quarter-final, with the draw set to be made this Friday.

Benitez revealed: "If everything continues OK, I hope Xabi will be in full training by the last week of March."

A bit of good news for a change

Milanista said:
I thought he was actually one of the best.....
Lampard is definitely not one of the best
eusa_snooty.gif

Gerrard, Xabi Alonso & Hamann are better midfielders

rumours that Real Madrid could be sniffing around Rafa Benitez this summer...oh dear...more un-settling news just in time for the everton game.

"Lampard is definitely not one of the best
Gerrard, Xabi Alonso & Hamann are better midfielders"

Yea but your biased, next you will be saying Mellor is the best striker in the world.

Hamman better than Lampard, yea quality joke m8.

and kingpug needs to learn how to spell "you're".....and "yea" is surely "yeah". Quality joke mate.:D

Oh my bad, never knew this was a spelling forum and required a 1 in English to post, retard.

I could post proper English 24/7, but as long as people can read it then its fine with me.

Also you didnt begin your sentence with a capital 'A', so more like a quality joke from you. What do you have to say now idiot?

kingpug said:
Yea but your biased, next you will be saying Mellor is the best striker in the world.

Hamman better than Lampard, yea quality joke m8.
I'm not biased those 3 players are just to name a few in the premiership e.g. Pires, Vieira, Ljungberg, Makelele, Robben etc are better midfielders, all play in different parts of midfield but are midfielders none the less. Lampard IS overrated and Hamman is a better midfielder

Mellor is the best striker in the world, now that's a quality joke
smily227.gif

Mr Dinero you are wrong, Viera? Pires? Robben? Lampard is NOT overrated, in what way is he overrated?

Anyway back to more important matters...
I don't care how we do it, but we need 3 points tonight....

Rafa to Real Madrid lol! that's a good one, when will they learn it's not the manager who's the problem.

Well its attack against defence in the first half and its 0-0 at half time. I really hope the 2nd is more exciting or I am in danger of nodding off.

1 shot on target during that half....

mathewsss said:
rumours that Real Madrid could be sniffing around Rafa Benitez this summer...oh dear...more un-settling news just in time for the everton game.

Not only Rafa, theyre also apaprently after Ancelotti, Capello, Mourinho and potentially Ranieri.

Milanista said:
Not only Rafa, theyre also apaprently after Ancelotti, Capello, Mourinho and potentially Ranieri.

Me too. Liverpool will have a hard job getting past everton if they dont win tonight im telling you.

I swear Dudek nor Freidel had a save to make all game last night.

Mark Hughes is a wanker(as a manager), but job done anyway.

It all falls to sunday.

It would be a Tragedy for english football to see everton in the CL, i couldnt see everton at the Nou Camp or San Sirio.

Well, if Liverpool end up winning the CL, and end 5th in the league... theyre allowed to appeal to UEFA to gain a re-qualification due to being winners. This means they need to kick out one of the English teams that qualified.... meaning Everton can be chosen as the team to be kicked out. This was done several times, an example is Real Madrid who had to appeal and were allowed to steal the spot of Valencia for one year.

WOuldnt it be nice to steal the CL spot from your rivals?

Liverpool wining the Cl don't be stupid. Liverpool are barry white id love them to draw AC milian but i do want an english team to win though, support the cause i say.

Juve..... Juve!!

Ah well, the dream was nice while it lasted. You never know your luck though, stranger things have happened

The draw I hoped for, has come to pass. I just fear the very possible clashes between the ultra's of both sides, especially in delle Alpi.

This game will be exellent. You guys are a great team. and I hope this match will be great.
Good luck Liverpool...... This is a very even match.

Forza Juve

Back
Top Bottom