Liverpool Thread

So either Suarez is the biggest con-man making up all these things, or Rodgers is not telling the truth.

Suarez who has been saying different things in the last 1 year....from wanting to stay at his dream club...to wanting to leave the country...to now wanting to play in the CL.....it may be possible there was a misunderstanding....or Suarez just playing tricks to get out given Arsenal's interest...

So if he's not going to be training with the squad, I can only see one outcome and that is a transfer request....and I think Liverpool should sell him to any team outside England for any decent price they get.......it's no point keeping him at the club ....because the team will be badly affected....and there will be a media circus following every game if Suarez is on the bench.

He can talk to as many clubs as he wants but his value has gone up so if a club wants him then they have to pay up. It's that simple.

Liverpool probably did say they'd sell him if they didn't make CL but they are well within their right to not sell him for less than what they think he's worth. If clubs won't pay that then tough. Higher bids will come in for him and then get rid. I will piss myself if he goes to Arsenal and they don't make the CL next year as that is definitely a possibility.

http://www.telegraaf.nl/telesport/v...3752/__Zivkovic_zorgt_voor__volle_bak___.html

According to this article we are monitoring FC Groningen player Richairo Zivkovic. He became big news in Holland for scoring aged 16 last weekend, thus becoming their youngest ever goalscorer, beating the likes of Robben and Suarez.

People there speak highly of him, very highly. He is a striker with a good eye for goal.

I only think this would make sense if we bought him and then stalled him at Groningen for three, four years.

YouTube - Richairo Zivkovic (his goals in Groningen's youth teams)

YouTube - Samenvatting NEC - FC Groningen 1-4 (At 3:36 is his goal)

He can talk to as many clubs as he wants but his value has gone up so if a club wants him then they have to pay up. It's that simple.

Liverpool probably did say they'd sell him if they didn't make CL but they are well within their right to not sell him for less than what they think he's worth. If clubs won't pay that then tough. Higher bids will come in for him and then get rid. I will piss myself if he goes to Arsenal and they don't make the CL next year as that is definitely a possibility.

Only if Bale stays which isn't likely.

Luis Suárez is going nowhere, says Liverpool's owner John W Henry

• Move to Arsenal would be 'ludicrous', owner adds
• It is too late in the day for a deal, says Henry

John W Henry has dealt an emphatic blow to Luis Suárez's hopes of leaving Liverpool by stating the striker will not be sold to Arsenal or to any other European club – for any price – this summer.

Liverpool's principal owner described the prospect of allowing Suárez to join Arsenal as "ludicrous" as he went on the offensive following the player's decision to air his grievances to the Guardian on Tuesday. The Uruguay international has been accused of showing "total disrespect" by Brendan Rodgers and ordered to train away from the first-team squad. Rodgers has his employer's backing to marginalise Suárez for the foreseeable future, in the absence of an apology from the player for the public outburst.

Suárez's agitation for a transfer, Arsenal's knowledge of a £40m clause in the 26-year-old's contract and submission of a £40,000,001 bid has only hardened Liverpool's resolve not to sell their prize asset. Henry said he told Ivan Gazidis, the Arsenal chief executive, that Liverpool would not entertain a bid from them, a club they perceive as a rival for Champions League qualification before offers of £35m and £40,000,001 were made.

Liverpool's principal owner has also told Suárez and his agent, Pere Guardiola, that their attempts to force a transfer have arrived too late in this transfer window. "We are not going to sell Luis," said Henry, on a brief visit to Liverpool. "For all the top clubs it's extremely important [not to sell to a rival] but especially for Liverpool because we're not in Europe this year and have not been in the Champions League for a while. To sell to a rival for those positions, or one of them, would be ludicrous. Liverpool needs to be playing in Europe. It needs to be playing in the Champions League. That's what Liverpool football club is about."

Liverpool may yet face a Premier League arbitration hearing or legal challenge from Suárez over a disputed clause in his contract that the PFA chief executive, Gordon Taylor, concedes "does not say the club has to sell". But even the threat of a mutinous Suárez and the prospect of his value diminishing next season will not alter Henry's stance.

"I'm unequivocal that we won't sell to Arsenal, whatever the bid is," he said. "I have not said it to Stan [Kroenke, Arsenal's majority shareholder] but I had a personal conversation with others at Arsenal and told him [Gazidis] we would not sell to Arsenal."

Only the Gunners have bid for a striker who scored 30 goals last season but is suspended for the first six matches of the new campaign for biting the Chelsea defender Branislav Ivanovic. Suárez has made no secret of his preference for a move to Real Madrid but an approach from the Spanish club would not succeed at this late stage, according to Henry.

"He won't be sold even if a foreign club comes in because we do not have time to sign a suitable replacement," he said. "It's a football reason. It's not about finances. That's why at this point, so late in the window, with everyone who's already moved or isn't moving, we can't replace him. So for football reasons we can't sell, and especially to Arsenal."

Liverpool informed Suárez and Guardiola that any transfer would have to be agreed early in this transfer window to allow Rodgers time to spend the fee. "We made that clear early-on," confirmed Henry, who believes Suárez is misguided in his reasons for wishing to join Arsenal. He said: "Players usually want to win. They want to go, generally in any sport, where they can win. That's why I think this particular episode is misguided. We've won more trophies than Arsenal, but I really don't want to get into that."

Henry is adamant Liverpool have ended doubts over Suárez's future with less than four weeks of the transfer window remaining. "I think the issue has been resolved now," he said. "We have said 'no'. Luis will be a Liverpool player on September 3 [the day after the transfer window closes]." But he concedes that the dispute between Rodgers and Suárez may take longer to repair, with the striker accusing the manager of broken promises and being ostracised as a result.

Asked if he could see Suárez playing for Liverpool again, Henry responded: "That's going to be between the manager and player. The manager is upset, as he should be, the supporters are upset, Luis is, but that's going to be between those two and his team-mates. We need Luis. Hopefully this will pass.

"If you look at the full context of what's happened here it's jarring to all our supporters. The club has stood by him so strongly at a time when you could question whether the club should have stood by him [over the Patrice Evra racism controversy], but they did. I wouldn't say we regret that. The manager and his team-mates were solidly behind him. They were out on the field that day. So we felt they knew more about what occurred than we did, on the field."

The Boston Red Sox owner once described the football industry as "the wild west" in comparison to baseball and despite his disgust at how football transfers are conducted, he sees no point in lodging a formal complaint against Arsenal. "How does a club who doesn't have permission to speak with your player see his contract? It should have been confidential," Henry said. "Unfortunately it's the way it works in football. People don't speak about it publicly but that's the way it's run. It's how things are done. I don't think there's a point because it just seems to happen everywhere. It's rotten."

http://www.theguardian.com/football/2013/aug/08/luis-suarez-liverpool-john-w-henry

Madrid, Monaco, Bayern... your turn, 60 milion and he will be off imo.

non of them are going to pay 60 mln for him , if they pay 45 mln I think Liverpool will sell him

btw seems like there wont be any new signs for this summer .... crap we need a CB and a winger or striker !

I guess this might go to the courts then.

What do you think he would be backing his stance at? a broken mutual promiss, he and his agent who should get things right for him fucked up, not the club. He has a contract, all power is in LFC hands.

Liverpool are in a PR shambles! makes sense not to sell Suarez . He will have a strop ,but will still play. No player in there right mind would want to play for Liverpool now. Suarez will still try and leave and when he does. This will be endless :SNACK:

It makes you wonder , if Suarez is part of the deal to sell the club.

Liverpool are in a PR shambles! makes sense not to sell Suarez . He will have a strop ,but will still play. No player in there right mind would want to play for Liverpool now. Suarez will still try and leave and when he does. This will be endless :SNACK:

Clearly is all the opposite. Great interview by Henry, big state of ambition. Liverpool does not sell it best players to the competition and Liverpool is not longer a club that can be fucked in transfers.

what? why not? becouse one player thinks he is biger than the rest and that he can do whatever he likes? he has a price, he knows it´s not 40 mil. He is better footballer then Torres, maybe not worse than Bale. Even despite the controversy he performed. Why would LFC want to sell under what they think is his value? Why would they sell to Arsenal? Arsenal can be lucky LFC are not reporting them to FA or other institutions for allowing to look on his release clause that suposed to be confidential as i understod, the 40+1 bid was ridicilous from them and nowhere near the right time.

What player in his right mind would want to consider Arsenal other than steping stone between lower club and a top club, sorry to Arsenal fans, but there are some facts that can´t be doubted. Mainly talking about Arsenal success in past 8 years. You play in CL that´s fine, but it can´t be all the club is aiming for or you are satisfied with it only? The players who left Arsenal that were part of the FA Cup winning team in 2005 won 56 trophy´s together in their new clubs. Arsenal won nothing.

I as Liverpool fan don´t want to sound arrogant. LFC didn´t won the PL yet, but honestly, you can´t say you were succesfull in buying top players or first choice targets your club wanted, like Jovetic, Higuain and now Suarez if you don´t spend money. Those players prefered City, Napoli who pay them better. LFC is actually going the same direction as Wenger, not overpaying for players as in past.. finding gems like Coutinho without being superstars and then sell for profit as i believe. But LFC is not stupid to sell their best player under his true value, especially not if he has 3 years left in his contract. He can argue what he want´s, no lfc supporter will cry now if he goes, but the price has to be right and the team as well, Arsenal is not a step forward for him, maybe short term, as he would do to you the same he did to us if you didn´t get the CL or a better team came callign for him.

in the end i think you won´t bid more than you did for him, if you do bid at least 60 mil. then i think we would sell despite what Henry said imo. simply becouse you also had RVP in your team and couldn´t win the league...now Wenger clearly pissed of the situation when he gifted RVP and therefore the league title to United wants to buy a possible saviour as him in Suarez. But as Henry said i doubt he would say this and then sell. Maybe in January the situation is different, but now i think the case is closed.

Last edited:
what? why not? becouse one player thinks he is biger than the rest and that he can do whatever he likes? he has a price, he knows it´s not 40 mil. He is better footballer then Torres, maybe not worse than Bale. Even despite the controversy he performed. Why would LFC want to sell under what they think is his value? Why would they sell to Arsenal? Arsenal can be lucky LFC are not reporting them to FA or other institutions for allowing to look on his release clause that suposed to be confidential as i understod, the 40+1 bid was ridicilous from them and nowhere near the right time.

What player in his right mind would want to consider Arsenal other than steping stone between lower club and a top club, sorry to Arsenal fans, but there are some facts that can´t be doubted. Mainly talking about Arsenal success in past 8 years. You play in CL that´s fine, but it can´t be all the club is aiming for or you are satisfied with it only? The players who left Arsenal that were part of the FA Cup winning team in 2005 won 56 trophy´s together in their new clubs. Arsenal won nothing.

I as Liverpool fan don´t want to sound arrogant. LFC didn´t won the PL yet, but honestly, you can´t say you were succesfull in buying top players or first choice targets your club wanted, like Jovetic, Higuain and now Suarez if you don´t spend money. Those players prefered City, Napoli who pay them better. LFC is actually going the same direction as Wenger, not overpaying for players as in past.. finding gems like Coutinho without being superstars and then sell for profit as i believe. But LFC is not stupid to sell their best player under his true value, especially not if he has 3 years left in his contract. He can argue what he want´s, no lfc supporter will cry now if he goes, but the price has to be right and the team as well, Arsenal is not a step forward for him, maybe short term, as he would do to you the same he did to us if you didn´t get the CL or a better team came callign for him.

in the end i think you won´t bid more than you did for him, if you do bid at least 60 mil. then i think we would sell despite what Henry said imo. simply becouse you also had RVP in your team and couldn´t win the league...now Wenger clearly pissed of the situation when he gifted RVP and therefore the league title to United wants to buy a possible saviour as him in Suarez. But as Henry said i doubt he would say this and then sell. Maybe in January the situation is different, but now i think the case is closed.

You obviously are emotional and I don`t think Arsenal were tapping up. Liverpool last season were tapping up Dempsey. Then ,had to apologize embarrassingly. Henry said the window is not long enough time to bring in someone. I don`t believe that at all. This is not over mate...its not Torres ,its Suarez :LOL:

All the other stuff you said about Liverpool`s history is just that. Yes , we haven`t won anything, but neither did ManbCity! things can easily change. Arsenal`s stance at the beginning of each season is to win the title not say we want 4th spot before a ball is even kicked. That`s the difference in ambition btw the clubs. We have the 2nd biggest stadium in the league 4th riches club in the world. Arsenal are finally able to compete.

Liverpool has a terrible PR campaign in the last few seasons.
I`m not here to convince you on that, but I can see more smoke coming out from Liverpool. Imagine if, Liverpool never spoke out about Arsenal`s bid. We didn`t leak it out. That`s how Pool does their business, whether its defending Suarez or condemning him.

Arsenal is a top 4 club...for over 16yrs :P stepping stone? we`re a block compare to Liverpool :LOL:

I think the owner has said the right thing about not wanting to sell Suarez at any price or any club because it's too late to replace him now, and they will never sell to a competing EPL club.

But what now for Suarez ??
I can't see him playing again until he says sorry....
by the time he returns from his ban, I'm sure that Sturridge and Aspas will be in good form....
and Suarez will be a good option from the bench :)

So only option for Suarez himself is to sit tight and hope that Real Madrid will come for him some day....

I would find it hard to believe Ronnie and Luis would see eye to eye on a lot of things..save for diving. So as long as he s the big man at Real I d be slightly surprised to see him move there..especially if the Bale transfer happens. You can only put so many big egos together before shit explodes IMHO.

If I were Liverpool management, I'd rather lose Suarez for a lower fee next summer than to sell him now. As a club, you must never let a player be anything bigger than the club. With all the support that they gave him in all his controversies throughout his time at Liverpool, and going public this whole summer trying to urge him to stay, to give him a stepping stone down from his past comments and to embrace the club again...then to come out with these comments publicly putting all blame on the club for something that (probably) didn't happen and to think that he can single-handedly move himself to any destination is just sad.

I'd just hold on to him, make him train and play in the reserves for the whole season until he is willing to apologize. If he's still not willing, then I'd much rather he keep playing in the reserves for the whole season and miss out on the WC from a lack of match-fitness

Hmmmm,

Can you imagine the amount of trouble a frustrated Suarez could create for himself on the pitch? He'll probably only play half the season this year due to suspensions anyway.

Good solid interview by Henry...as long as they don't end up selling him before the window closes.

Last edited:

I'm of the opinion that Liverpool is the opposite of a shambles with this particular problem.

I'm pleased with our owners response. Seems to me we have an owner with balls.

Last edited:
http://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/spor...ews/valencias-aly-cissokho-wants-join-5684699

Cissokho: I want to join Reds

Valencia defender Aly Cissokho says he is ready to join Liverpool FC if a deal can be agreed with his current club.

The left-back claims to have agreed personal terms with Liverpool and is just waiting on the two sides to thrash out a compromise.

Cissokho says Brendan Rodgers wants to take him on a season-long loan with the option to make the transfer permanent next year.

But the 25-year-old Frenchman believes the La Liga side want to sell him this summer.

"Liverpool have made me an offer and it is true that I have reached an agreement with them," French football website Le 10 Sport report him to have said."It is now up to the clubs to agree terms. I expect to know more later this week.

"If nothing happens this week, it probably means that I will not be going to Liverpool.

"The conditions of the transfer are the problem. Liverpool prefer a loan deal with an option to buy, while Valencia want to sell straight away. If the transfer doesn't take place, it's not a problem either. I am feeling well at Valencia."

You obviously are emotional and I don`t think Arsenal were tapping up. Liverpool last season were tapping up Dempsey. Then ,had to apologize embarrassingly. Henry said the window is not long enough time to bring in someone. I don`t believe that at all. This is not over mate...its not Torres ,its Suarez :LOL:

All the other stuff you said about Liverpool`s history is just that. Yes , we haven`t won anything, but neither did ManbCity! things can easily change. Arsenal`s stance at the beginning of each season is to win the title not say we want 4th spot before a ball is even kicked. That`s the difference in ambition btw the clubs. We have the 2nd biggest stadium in the league 4th riches club in the world. Arsenal are finally able to compete.

Liverpool has a terrible PR campaign in the last few seasons.
I`m not here to convince you on that, but I can see more smoke coming out from Liverpool. Imagine if, Liverpool never spoke out about Arsenal`s bid. We didn`t leak it out. That`s how Pool does their business, whether its defending Suarez or condemning him.

Arsenal is a top 4 club...for over 16yrs :P stepping stone? we`re a block compare to Liverpool :LOL:

the only emotion i have in this matter is pride. Im proud of our owner and coach for how they deal with such person like Suarez who has damadged the image of the club just by his own behaviour, on the pitch, and off the pitch.

The ambition of the club always will be winning any competition we are in. I agree the PR of this club was in bad condition, especially becouse the whole club was in big mess, but now i have confidence it is turning to better. Rodgers grows on me each time he speaks, you can see it means a lot to him and the football we play might not win the league, but is much much better on eye than Dalglish and Hodgson, heck even Rafas style. The results in pre season were great, so there is time for at least some optimism despite this Suarez drama. Liverpool and Arsenal are not that far from each other despite you playing CL. With emergence of multimilionaire clubs like Chelsea and City since 2005 onwards, the competition in England for CL is huge. I might say the 4 spots are not enough for massive clubs like United, Chelsea, City, Arsenal, LFC and now even Tottenham. Massive i mean in terms of money they invest and squad quality.

About speaking, it´s normal that bids of other clubs are mentioned, especially if they are ridicilous as the one you made with 1 pound in the end of the price. And in this case realy only person who was talking was the player himself, in the time his teammates and coach were far away, either for Uruguay media or now for Guardian, wich is a behaviour a professional shouldn´t have and wich should be punished no matter what.

The thing you say about CL, yes, Arsenal are in CL for long time, sometimes very close to get in..but how are your results there? What do you mean in Europe? Can i today say Arsenal are one of the best club in Europe, maening they mean something in competition to AC Milan for example who don´t need to be in Europe to be considered better club than Arsenal for many players imo.. or other teams.

LFC means something in Europe, no matter if they have bad seasons without qualifiing. You could see the massive support in everywhere they go. We won the competition one time, and were in a final the second year after since you won your last trophy. Then the club was sold to other owners and we got the bad results + City happend so... the competition is to bid in England now.

We don´t have fans that boo players of oposite teams that didn´t join us. Your fans even booed Reina in Napoli game... Players will join Arsenal, but only few consider it their dream to retire there if any offer from Milan, Barcelona or Madrid came in.. This is the fate of many clubs and it can´t go forever. I like Arsenal for what they achieve with some unknown players first and make them superstars, not many coaches could do that. I gues its the main reason you stick with Wenger, becouse he is able to turn no value to maximum for a player. But can you say Arsenal are succesfull to hold on to their superstars? i wouldn´t. So the thing about CL is great to have but it doesn´t guarantee teams anything, if the policy of the club is to buy rather not expensive players instead of only superstars each year with hope the model will guarantee money coming in from Europe and maybe domestic success..

I would like to have Arsenal in CL over City any day..

If I were Liverpool management, I'd rather lose Suarez for a lower fee next summer than to sell him now. As a club, you must never let a player be anything bigger than the club. With all the support that they gave him in all his controversies throughout his time at Liverpool, and going public this whole summer trying to urge him to stay, to give him a stepping stone down from his past comments and to embrace the club again...then to come out with these comments publicly putting all blame on the club for something that (probably) didn't happen and to think that he can single-handedly move himself to any destination is just sad.

I'd just hold on to him, make him train and play in the reserves for the whole season until he is willing to apologize. If he's still not willing, then I'd much rather he keep playing in the reserves for the whole season and miss out on the WC from a lack of match-fitness

Suarez imo will go in January, he can´t allow himself to play bad or angry one.. He has to do what Tevez did, just try to get back in the team to help them, or simply to behave untill the club finds a replacement or better club for him in terms of finances.

Hmmmm,

Can you imagine the amount of trouble a frustrated Suarez could create for himself on the pitch? He'll probably only play half the season this year due to suspensions anyway.

Good solid interview by Henry...as long as they don't end up selling him before the window closes.

I can´t see it. He might create much more problems if his behaviour wont get better. Who would want a trouble maker who can´t be professional, no team would like that. He can´t behave as a little kid, becouse if he will, i doubt clubs would risk to have such spoiled player just becouse he is great on field. We might buy another striker still untill the window closes. Rodgers won´t pick Suarez if he won´t perform on trainings imo. He will miss 6 games of next season anyway. By that time i hope he will be hungry to get in and perform, rather than sulk and ignore the fact he needs to be in shape before world cup. Then in January he can go abroad, nobody will cry imo. if we have a replacement.

I just don`t understand every time you mention football . Liverpool fan nearly say the same thing.... .They have the best fans and then compare supporters. You figure with all the support and the million of fans. Liverpool would be a rich club by now .I have no argue w/ support for a club even if you support Swindon Town. Its ridiculous do even do so. That like comparing parents .

Arsenal plays in the CL. We beat Bayern Munich at home 0-2. That gave us the confident to finish higher then we should at the end of the season. So, I won`t knock CL (I love it). They give Arsenal younger players experience to become , like you said stars.:SMUG:

Your trying hard ,but the truth is there...most Liverpool fans/ owners included would be over the moon to finish 5th this season.

Check this out
http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/22285545

It's pointless having a reasonable discussion with you,Suarez could come into your house on Christmas day and piss on your kids and you'd still sing his praises, can't wait for the day he fucks off and leaves Liverpool,then we'll see what you really think of him, just like Nando Torres, greatest striker in the world, now waste of money shite Chelsea striker.
Thanks to all the Liverpool fans who can see beyond the tribalism and not come out with the old Cantona did this, and Keane did that, Fergie runs the FA bollocks.

This was always going to happen, Wonder if King Kenny's still got those T-shirts in his garage, been nice to see the lads showing their support for Luis next week....YNWA ;)

So Agger it's new vice-captain , great this guy really deserve it , all tho I was waiting for Lucas to take that but I'm glad it's Agger

If it were not for the Liverpool fans, the Liverpool manager and the owners who kept supporting Luis Suarez during all his controversies, we would not have seen this day.

The very fact that Suarez has been worshipped and accomodated beyond reason has given him this freedom to do whatever he feels, and now during this summer he has gone on the offensive....and disrespected his team and management.

So now that Rodgers and Henry came out and punished him, Suarez is now beginning to change his tune....

The guy needs to go next summer at the earliest.....if not now since it's too late to get a replacement.

aviva stadium full for the first time for a football match...

51000 tickets sold in hour.

hope to see a great game!!!

so we lost against Celtic reserves 1-0 , seems like only hope in this season its to Coutinho and Sturridge (good to see him back) !

also hoping we sign a CB and any left winger by end of august , and Gerrard I dont know if he should be a starter ... he looks very tired , maybe its better starting Allen-Henderson , Lucas ... really we dont have enough players

------------------Sturridge------------
(who !??)---------------------------(who?) downing not good enough if we want top 4
------------------Coutinho-------------

--------------Allen/Hend---------------
-----------------------Lucas-----------

Enrique-------------------------Johnson
-----------Agger--------Toure----------

----------------Mignolet---------------

we need 2 quality wingers , a CB and maybe a striker , shit we are really behind top 4 :/ and think Agger injured ? who gonna play ?

Back
Top Bottom