Liverpool Thread

yeah except interviewing Stevie in middle of his lap of honour asking him about Suarez, idiots.

for me Coutinho would have been much better playing in the middle behind striker... Sterling had amazing game, made great runs, great passing as well... he´s just 18... what a player he can be in future..

some photos from today:

971193_10151894760632573_2036955684_n.jpg

970467_10151894759682573_327152890_n.jpg

970308_10151894759677573_1178292663_n.jpg

548912_10151894759792573_979301893_n.jpg

995785_10151894759787573_2122601194_n.jpg

1004633_10151894759802573_1136902090_n.jpg

544513_10151894759912573_1833420802_n.jpg

1001728_10151894759947573_162092462_n.jpg

579602_10151894760062573_173831462_n.jpg

643996_10151894760052573_923453378_n.jpg

944610_10151894760072573_1990509473_n.jpg

933924_10151894760247573_1539644538_n.jpg

1005332_10151894760202573_545881176_n.jpg

972105_10151894760297573_1113593876_n.jpg

1146681_10151894760377573_1846165072_n.jpg

536721_10151894760442573_1525475195_n.jpg

1097991_10151894760492573_329437795_n.jpg

I think it was pretty bad idea to have Suarez playing in this game.

To give you an idea....all the news is about Suarez getting a big cheer
http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/23562241
http://www.theguardian.com/football/2013/aug/03/luis-suarez-liverpool-steven-gerrard

This game should have been ALL about Steven Gerrard's magnificent Liverpool career....and not have anything to do about Suarez and his CL dreams.

Rodgers and the Liverpool management are idiots, to keep spouting that Suarez will not be sold unless a huge Bale-sized bid comes in.....if you really like the player just say "he is not for sale".....and put an end to this drama.....first it was comparing to Cavani and 55m...and now they're comparing to Bale and 85m.....idiots.

Anyway congratulations to Steven Gerrard.....

Last edited:
The president of Olympiacos, Evangelos Marinakis, issued an open letter to Steven Gerrard and Liverpool FC following today's testimonial fixture at Anfield. Here is what he wrote…

We are delighted to be part of this event for so many reasons.

Steven Gerrard is one of the finest footballers in the world, and it is fantastic to see today a club able to support a player with a testimonial after 15 years with them - but all the more so when the player is also able to play for his hometown team and achieve so much including becoming captain of club and country.

I have been a lifelong Olympiacos fan, as was my father before me, so I know only too well the pride and special feeling of being able to be part of the team that brings success to the club you've supported all of your life.

Steven may have selected Olympiacos for that special goal and all it meant to him and went on to mean, but I feel the clubs have a very special resonance and connection.

Olympiacos are a side from the port city Piraeus - today part of the wider Athens - the fans are famous for being the best and most passionate in Greece, creating a fantastic atmosphere in our stadium. Without any question it is their passion and commitment that has so often been the extra player that has cheered on their team in red and white to being the most successful club in Greece, reaching our 40th league title this year.

So it is perhaps easy to understand why Liverpool FC are very popular with many Olympiacos fans and why when I personally came to the UK to live for a while when I was younger and why I was so naturally drawn towards supporting Liverpool - as I still do today - as the connections and similarities are so clear and strong.

The clubs have been further bonded by their respective tragedies. I know all Olympiacos fans feel huge unity with Liverpool fans in the campaign for justice for the 96 as we have suffered our gate 7 tragedy where 21 supporters lost their lives just over 30 years ago.

We are equally delighted Steven has chosen to donate his proceeds from this match to the Steven Gerrard Foundation, a registered charity which helps disadvantaged children. This reinforces the feeling of common understanding as we will be donating our proceeds to similar charities in Greece to aid children who are in dire need of support today.

So for so many reasons when we were asked to take part, it was a very easy and quick decision.

We would like to offer our congratulations to Steven for a fantastic career so far and wish him a wonderful evening.

http://www.liverpoolfc.com/news/latest-news/141673-an-open-letter-from-olympiacos

I suspect Suarez will go on deadline day, the player will get restless and hand in a request and just all out push for it by the end IMO. I wouldn't be shocked if you get the 50M.

i won´t cry tbh. we seem to prepeare for such scenario with the suposed Costa bid anyway..

if we get Costa...and 50 for Suarez...just hope he won´t go to any of our PL rivals...

I still believe all this nonsense are all media-created.

BR should've had his mouth shut really, now he's comparing Suarez value to Bale's RM bid? Please, enough is enough.

Last edited:
I still believe all this nonsense are all media-created.

BR should've had his mouth shut really, now he's comparing Suarez value to Bale's RM bid? Please, enough is enough.

Sometimes I feel a lot of the GM's, Coaches, etc. at the big clubs are trying to one up each other and win an award for most ridiculous statement of the week.

It does look like Suarez doesnt want to be here anymore, shame..
Cya Suarez, as good as he is I dont want to see half assed attitudes

Not sure why you guys are so critical of Rodgers' comment. If anything he is reinforcing the clubs stance that they dont want sell, but if it happens its going to be for a hell of a lot of money. If his comments have added another 5mil on the price it will be worth it.

Saying nothing and looking like you are resigned to losing him isnt a better option, is it?!

Coaches who have to deal with such things are in very difficult situation.. Rodgers did nothing wrong comenting his best player situation.

Wenger`s interviewed post match reports about Rodgers. He doesn`t understand his thinking. Why talk so openly about it? It should be dealt with behind close doors. We never said anything about a bid to the public.

He`s right no one would knew what was happening or not happening until Rodger started spreading bids openly!.Rodger is inexperience ,Wenger had to deal with top players leaving and he denied them(public) even on the last day. Why, because the club is 1st not the player. Arsenal fans see a lot of players leaving and no gooners hold players highly anymore. Why should we? Rodger says Suarez ows Liverpool . Well, every Arsenal player leaving owed to Wenger (RVP injury for 5 yrs) it happens and we move on even w/ the guard of honour Champions :)

Last edited:
RVP had one year on his contract, he had to go cheap.

Suarez has 3 years on his contract, club holds the cards and won´t sell bellow price i believe.

He signed a long term contract and now he want´s out? i believe the coach and owners have right to be angry, even so the fans. That´s why i believe Suarez should not be allowed to go for cheap, and definetly not to our PL rivals.

Wenger`s interviewed post match reports about Rodgers. He doesn`t understand his thinking. Why talk so openly about it? It should be dealt with behind close doors. We never said anything about a bid to the public.

He`s right no one would knew what was happening or not happening until Rodger started spreading bids openly!.Rodger is inexperience ,Wenger had to deal with top players leaving and he denied them(public) even on the last day. Why, because the club is 1st not the player. Arsenal fans see a lot of players leaving and no gooners hold players highly anymore. Why should we? Rodger says Suarez ows Liverpool . Well, every Arsenal player leaving owed to Wenger (RVP injury for 5 yrs) it happens and we move on even w/ the guard of honour Champions :)

The club/Rodgers probably wants clubs to start bidding as they are resigned to losing him. Not sure citing Arsenal/Wenger is the best example with regards to transfer/signings succes.

yep, hope Rodgers will use him in middle not on wing..he is not fully used there... he need to play as attacking midfielder, not a winger..

something like this ?

btw. when will Sturridge be able to play ?

------------Sturridge----------
Sterling(?)---------------Aspas
--------------Coutingo---------

-------Allen(Steve,Henderson?)-
---------------Lucas-----------

Enrique-----------------Johnson
---------Agger---Toure---------

------------Mignolet-----------

The club/Rodgers probably wants clubs to start bidding as they are resigned to losing him. Not sure citing Arsenal/Wenger is the best example with regards to transfer/signings succes.

Arsenal hasn`t fallen from the top 4th w/ everyone leaving maybe 4th spot is effortless for Wenger ,but I call that a success in comparing to others pouring over £100m for 7th spot. No clubs are bidding for Suarez. He`s been opening his feeling during his Holiday-Confed Cup! Liverpool look silly , well Rodger comparing Suarez to Bale and his £100m price tag. Bale has a clean imagine ,Suarez doesn`t . A value comes in two ways the buyer -n-seller. If , a seller has a value and no buyer agrees they keep walking or talk about it. Bale`s value is higher ,because the buyer feels the same way as the seller. Bale is happy at Spurs and Suarez is unhappy at Liverpool. That Why I call Liverpool`s stance a hurting one for all parties.

Liverpool doesn`t have to tell anyone anything. No one would even believe Arsenal bid 30m . It would of been a a rumour w/o legs to run. Suarez would scream Arsenal wants me and no one would believe it! I can give you players that left and were suppose to leave but didn`t and they stay another year or two. Fergie,Wenger,Mou ...etc.

Arsenal hasn`t fallen from the top 4th w/ everyone leaving maybe 4th spot is effortless for Wenger ,but I call that a success in comparing to others pouring over £100m for 7th spot. No clubs are bidding for Suarez. He`s been opening his feeling during his Holiday-Confed Cup! Liverpool look silly , well Rodger comparing Suarez to Bale and his £100m price tag. Bale has a clean imagine ,Suarez doesn`t . A value comes in two ways the buyer -n-seller. If , a seller has a value and no buyer agrees they keep walking or talk about it. Bale`s value is higher ,because the buyer feels the same way as the seller. Bale is happy at Spurs and Suarez is unhappy at Liverpool. That Why I call Liverpool`s stance a hurting one for all parties.

Liverpool doesn`t have to tell anyone anything. No one would even believe Arsenal bid 30m . It would of been a a rumour w/o legs to run. Suarez would scream Arsenal wants me and no one would believe it! I can give you players that left and were suppose to leave but didn`t and they stay another year or two. Fergie,Wenger,Mou ...etc.

I wasnt talking about Wenger and Arsenal in general, they/he has done an amazing job keeping them competative for all these years whilst mostly signing youngsters while the rest, including Liverpool, have spent vast amounts.

As for the rest of your post, Im not really sure what the point is that you are trying to make.

I wasnt talking about Wenger and Arsenal in general, they/he has done an amazing job keeping them competative for all these years whilst mostly signing youngsters while the rest, including Liverpool, have spent vast amounts.

As for the rest of your post, Im not really sure what the point is that you are trying to make.

Im sorry for answering your earlier post w/ confusión in my mind I was thorough :FAIL: You said Rogder is putting Suarez dealings open to start a bidding war. I think it was naive to do so and I explain why.
Im a fan of Suarez but not an admirer of his tactics. I really can't see Suarez coming to Arsenal. If Rodger is putting a show like this to stop Suarez from joining .When the focus is more to do w/ Suarez then the club itself. Then ,Suarez should stay w/ Rodger's Liverpool..... Their a perfect match!

Not sure how much choice there was for Liverpool, Suarez screwed them by going public whilst on international duty. But I do think this is the best option, trying to drive the price up whilst also letting other (foreign) clubs know that he can be bought for the right amount. Time will tell.

He went public because he wanted to sound out Real Madrid, they clearly aren't all that interested but had they been im pretty sure a fee would have been agreed in July and he'd have sorted his deal early.

It kind of backfired when Madrid didn't say anything and Arsenal's his only option so its likely to drag to deadline day.

Suarez should sack his manager...the way he handles things is clearly not very good.
Talking about managers, i've made a new edition in the football blog about a spectacularly bad action by a player's manager (the blog has made a long summer's sleep, so i making a litle bit of publicity for it).

Suarez and his agent definitely have been lost in translation with their contract details. Either that or Liverpool is denying him a move they would have to let happen by contract.
That's what Suarez's people have been saying, that the club went back on their word.

I can see what happens next, if he moves to Arsenal he will be hated like a Judas by Liverpool supporters, and Arsenal fans will welcome him and cheer him on until he forces his way out again. And then it will go on and on from club to club.

He's been doing this since Gronigen in 2007. But it isn't only Suarez who does that. Robinho did this with Santos, Madrid, City and now might do it with Milan. Van Persie did it in the worst way possible... Ronaldo did it, Rooney will do it. Players have a lot of power nowadays, that's a fact.

So no matter how Liverpool players, staff, managers and supporters stood by his side, he will still force his move to play at a better team, for more money, to play Champions League, etc.
It's the reality of our times. And mind you, if compared to Van Persie, Suarez isn't doing much wrong. He is keeping quiet, letting Liverpool ask 50m and make money off his transfer. Quite the contrary to the Dutch bastard who released an open statement criticizing the people who stood by his side throughout all his injuries and poor seasons, and by doing it so publicly he drove down the price of his own transfer.

So, in my books Suarez still hasn't done much to upset Liverpool fans. If I don't know some facts that you do know, then correct me if I'm wrong! :)

As far as I know, he's allowed to talk to other clubs if a bid over 40m comes in. Since that was added to his contract his value has shot up after having a great season (playing wise) so I wouldn't sell him below what he's worth either so Liverpool aren't doing anything wrong. Suarez can talk to as many clubs as he wants but if they don't offer what Liverpool feel he is worth then there will be no sale.

He is better than Cavani and isn't half the value of Bale so other clubs need to put up or shut up.

Back
Top Bottom