Liverpool Thread

Good move for everyone involved. It was clear he was out since the moment we signed Mignolet and there is no point having a GK on his wages to sit on the bench. Napoli get a GK without paying a transfer fee and with Rafa and Valero maybe they can return him to his best form. Reina works again with Valero and next year probably going to Barcelona.

Good luck to Pepe... a complete class act and professional... I hope it's not the end for him at Liverpool but it certainly looks that way... More than likely another high earner off the books easing the finance at Liverpool.

Mignolet must be some keeper!

He certainly was a target. I think there are rumours and rumours. There are pages like caughtoffside and dailymail that invent everything, it is awful journalism and you cant believe nothing from them. And then you have the likes of times, theguardian and telegraph, these pages never invent things and both times and telegraph stated we were after him.

Erm... that's bollocks mate. The Guardian and the Telegraph are newspapers, and even the most accurate newspaper for transfer rumours is wrong 66% of the time.

In fact, the Telegraph reported 731 transfer rumours since 2006 and only 191 were accurate (26%) so roughly three quarters of the transfer rumours they print are guesswork.

the minute we signed Mignolet it was clear it is end of Reina at LFC. I will miss him..what a fantastic keeper he was. In Napoli they have two good keepers now with Santos Rafael..

at least Pepe won´t wear that horrible shirt..

1075717_615261885174498_289644253_n.jpg

1003147_615254918508528_1291335587_n.jpg

Bad first half. Very unimpressed by the link between Coutinho and Luis Alberto. They seemed to be occupying the same spaces and bothering themselves. With that said Luis Alberto has to be the most technique player we ve had in a while, the guy is a complete purist.

agree, Luis Alberto is going to be some player for us...

Downing on other side for me is the weak link in first half...

the game tempo is pretty good despite the circumstances.. the atmosphere is Istanbul like... it shows this team is still one of the most supported, fantastic fans, never seen such except in Norway few years back..

i expect more goals from us in second half..

edit: in home kits we would hammer them, those third kits are fucking awfull

Erm... that's bollocks mate. The Guardian and the Telegraph are newspapers, and even the most accurate newspaper for transfer rumours is wrong 66% of the time.

In fact, the Telegraph reported 731 transfer rumours since 2006 and only 191 were accurate (26%) so roughly three quarters of the transfer rumours they print are guesswork.

Pretty much, nowadays its gone further with credibility coming from which journalist wrote the story.

That doesnt mean they invented the rumour, it just means that the transfer didnt happen.
For example it is completely true that Liverpool wanted the armenian guy, but we didnt get him. So in that statistic of yours he would show like an invention of the telegraph.

Just got back from the stadium. Oh our Bigred group are amazing, they sang most of the songs I hear in the TV. Should be 50.000+ supporters. It was storm-like raining for 1.5 hours till about 5 PM and the game starts at 8.30, so the pitch I thought was great, was expecting a mudfest. Raheem and Ibe will be the catalysts for this season.

Added a little video, sorry for the shaky hand.

http://youtu.be/FLPiuv7xUIA

Last edited:
i think the Reina situation can be explained, i think he was set to join Barcelona, but they decieded to keep Valdes and we needed to secure the replacement so we bought Mignolet. To loan Reina is most logical thing as it´s very unlikly that Mignolet would sit on bench or Reina would sit on bench so we managed to get a team for him where actually his price might go even up...he will play CL and with Rafa i think he can be n.1 as De Sanctis will be sold by Napoli.. Reina and Rafael can be better competition than Reina and Mignolet.

Mignolet is one of worlds best keepers for 2012-2013, he is very solid + had amazing record with Sunderland, i think after Cech he was the best GK in premier league last season.. + he was seldom injured, played 90 matches for Sunderalnd in two seasons in PL.. missed only two or so...

i think it´s best club could do to loan Reina, respecting the player decision to join Barcelona.. If Barcelona would not want him later, we might sell with profit since he still has 3 years left here... maybe he can even stay at Napoli.

All in all, i think his LFC days are over, becouse i believe Mignolet will be good for us.

I know this has nothing to do with Liverpool right now but it is an interesting question. Have you noticed that Benitez in Napoli is signing a lot of players that have the same agent as him ? Did he do something similar here ?

I know this has nothing to do with Liverpool right now but it is an interesting question. Have you noticed that Benitez in Napoli is signing a lot of players that have the same agent as him ? Did he do something similar here ?

same thing happening with mendes and monaco, they re like porto from 3years ago

Reina was a great keeper for Liverpool.
People talk about Gerrard rescuing the FA cup final for us in 2006, but few mention the fact that Reina won the penalty shootout for us against West Ham that day to win the FA Cup, one of the last few trophies to have graced Anfield.

Vamos Pepe !!!
Good luck to Reina, hope he does well at Napoli and then to Barca !!

We are about to sign Aly Cissokho in a loan deal with a fee of 1ME and an obligatory purchase (if some objectives are met) after the loan has ended with a fee of 4ME.
Pretty good deal in my opinion. He is a good and versatile player that can operate as a left back or as a center back. Major LFC fan too.

Back
Top Bottom