Liverpool Thread

Shaqiri is a Guardiola type of player though, small technically brilliant and young - young being the reason I see him being > Robben in Peps eyes

Luis Suarez's latest enlightenment - "This club needs to fight to enter the Champions League and, when it doesn't happen, it damages the morale of any player. So I've suffered...."

Hold on there fella... you've suffered??? Really? This guy is so caught up in his own little world.. does he not think about ANYONE or ANYTHING but himself?

Fans, club, staff, opposition players, team mates... aren't they suffering him?

I hope to god he just goes now. I don't really care if we only get our money back. Completely had enough of this imbecile now.

Last edited:
I don't really want him out unless we get more than £40-45 mil , or just let him on reserve team at last until January or next summer so he can learn a lesion ;)

After all the bullshit that ungrateful fuck has said he simply has to go. There is no way back from that. I usually understand when players want to leave Liverpool to go to a club that right now is in a better position, but this guy is a bullshiter.
If he had played it clean, explain that he wanted to play CL and push for trophies it would haven been different. But he started saying those lies about his life in England and now that england clubs want him he changed his speech.
Sell him for 40M and I hope he breaks his ankle

Did you guys see yesterday match ? I was very impressed with Luis Alberto. He scatters class, he missed a few chances but you can notice he has a lot of IQ, finish well his plays, can see a pass. I think he may well be this season revelation.

I would'nt believe anything I read on "caughtoffside".
Why on earth would Shaqiri leave FCBayern and come to Liverpool ?
He could easily go to another CL team instead of us, unless he was a Liverpool fan playing on his PS2 in his youth :-)

Also regarding Suarez, the guy needs to go.
Sooner the better, so we can rebuild.

I wonder if Liverpool are waiting to sign a replacement first, then they will sell Suarez......to avoid the comedy situation of Torres/Carroll last minute disaster.

I saw the pass from Luis Alberto....it was class.

Last edited:
both Aspas and Alberto were wisible and show some promissing plays and passes, not to mention also Alberto could have scored.. they look promissing.

Regarding Suarez, remember I believe these are all translations, surely he's not as a d*ckhead as the article says so ? I'm still giving him the benefit of the doubt, when he comes back here then we'll see his true light.

Regarding Suarez, remember I believe these are all translations, surely he's not as a d*ckhead as the article says so ? I'm still giving him the benefit of the doubt, when he comes back here then we'll see his true light.

You're setting yourself up for a SouthAmerican culture joke/translation there. ;)

Shaqiri being discoused on transfermarkt.de

http://www.transfermarkt.de/de/geru...yern-talent-shaqiri/news/anzeigen_128779.html

+

Liverpool have snapped up Valencia youngster Pedro Chirivella on a four-year deal, writes writes The Sunday People's Tom Hopkinson..

The 17-year-old midfield sensation is one of the rising stars of Spanish football.

Valencia are demanding around £3.5million for the player with The Merseyside club offering around £2m less. If no deal can be reached, then a tribunal will set the final fee.

Chirivella was on the verge of joining Barcelona in 2001 after Valencia accepted a bid for him, but the player himself turned down the chance to join the Catalan giants.

The Reds also tried to sign another Spanish youngster, 16-year-old Mario Rodriguez from Real Madrid, but he turned down their offer and agreed a four-year deal at the Bernabeu.

http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/footb...ool-transfers-pedro-chirivella-agrees-2053517

Last edited:
Barca nearly signed this player in 2001?

What, when he was 5? The Mirror is nearly as bad as The Sun when it comes to journalism. Absolutely terrible paper.

yes he was , he's my fav player ever at LFC , (from players I've seen) than Gerrard , Hyppia , Owen !

gerd I suggest you to see "the road to istanbul" (movie) and you'll wonder how Steven Gerrard never won golden ball , same I could say for Totti !

Say what you want about Gerrard, he makes things happen. And there was a time when LFC needed that in spades from midfield.

However, with Coutinho looking solid and adding a few wingers, I'm not as sure that the centre of the park is where the 'spark' is necesary. Added to that his relative fitness (he's an excellent athlete but I believe he'll be 33 this season) and his propensity for poor passes (lowest s. rate of passers in the prem last season) and I do think you might be better served with more of a 'foundation' player than a creative one.

But still, nice to see a one club player.

yes he was , he's my fav player ever at LFC , (from players I've seen) than Gerrard , Hyppia , Owen !

gerd I suggest you to see "the road to istanbul" (movie) and you'll wonder how Steven Gerrard never won golden ball , same I could say for Totti !

My son was 6yrs old at the time ,When he fell in love w/ everything Gerrard did on/off the pitch. He wears the #8 on his kit from wee league through High School and Now he`s on the way to play college Footy . He still support Liverpool :COAT: but he also loves Ronaldo once he left MUTD :LOL:

Last edited:

If i remember correctly he didnt play in half the games that you think

Xabi Alonso was your most important player.

If Alonso had been allowed to stay with Liverpool for over ten years I may agree with you. However, he didn't so I don't...

Hamman and Alonso made Gerrard a much better player. Both these two midfielders were two of my favorite players during there spells with Liverpool doing the simple yet effective side of the game.

My favorite ever Liverpool player was Steve Nicol. Could play absolutely anywhere (even in goal) and was immense without being flash. Well him and Peter Beardsley.

So 2 years extension and, according to reports, a pay rise to a player that was pretty mediocre from 2009 until last season. Yes he had a great season, but I Would have rather waited and see the situation of Xabi Alonso.
Xabi Alonso is undisputedly much better than Gerrard in the role Rodgers employs him.

look we are paying big wage to some shit players and we are still paying for Cole and some more and spending money where we dont need to giving money to a guy like Gerrard that has give everything to Liverpool I dont mind at all and I wont complain , he could play in any team in the world from 2004-2011 and he never left so I dont mind giving him 2 more years ;)

on other there is possibilty for change of Luis Suarez - Xherdan Shaqiri (+ 20 mil) I think that would be a good deal after all!

not at all + 20 milion we can get a great player ! i just dont know if i can believe it tho

its really getting anoying all this suarez stuff and we missed Mkhitryan also linked with Eriksen for ages now , cmon make some damn deal :D

That is because it is not healthy to read the webpages with bullshit rumours around the internet. Better stay with the likes of Telegraph and TheGuardian.

That is because it is not healthy to read the webpages with bullshit rumours around the internet. Better stay with the likes of Telegraph and TheGuardian.

I heard that one tonight on ESPN press pass, they were saying thats why the Higuain to Arsenal deal was put on hold

I heard that one tonight on ESPN press pass, they were saying thats why the Higuain to Arsenal deal was put on hold
Interesting, Espn is not the most reliable source but it still not bad. Anyway I think the Higuain deal was put on hole because of Arsenal apparently real intentions of sign Suarez.
If you ask me I would have Higuain every day of the week instead of Suarez. We have a lot of creative players now as attacking midfielders in Luis Alberto, Coutinho and Aspas. Higuain is a clinical striker, Suarez not. Also Higuain is a lot better than Sturridge.
Wether Higuain would want to join Liverpool and we would be willing to meet his high wage demans is questionable so I dont see this possible.

Back
Top Bottom