Liverpool Thread

Carrick isn't rated high by most people I know because he isn't 'Hollywood' enough but I think he's possibly Man U's most important player. Again like you say, just an opinion and not fact.

I agree with you on Rooney.

Some players make others look better. Alonso and Gerrard were fantastic together. For me, Gerrard has struggled to link as well with any midfielder at Liverpool since Xabi left.

Then again opinions are like a**e holes, everyone has one. :OOOH:

I actually agree on Carrick, without him last season Uniteds midfield would have been an absolute shambles.
I also agree about Xabi Alonso, and if you guys get him back like you're supposedly attempting tondox then your midfield will be something completely different next season.

@Gerd, Henderson is the biggest sack of shite to ever some out of England, but again that's opinions and I'm.probably biased against him!

I actually agree on Carrick, without him last season Uniteds midfield would have been an absolute shambles.
I also agree about Xabi Alonso, and if you guys get him back like you're supposedly attempting tondox then your midfield will be something completely different next season.

@Gerd, Henderson is the biggest sack of shite to ever some out of England, but again that's opinions and I'm.probably biased against him!

Fucking hell mate some of your opinions are pathetic.

That's just my opinion. Just so happens to be a fact. :))

Fucking hell mate some of your opinions are pathetic.

That's just my opinion. Just so happens to be a fact. :))

Crap..:COAT:

:)

EDIT: Suso set for loan to Almeria according to SkySports, thought he might have been given a chance at first team football this year.

Last edited:
You're loaning out Suso? Intwesting. I think he could easily command a role from the bench, especially when you consider how much time players like Spearing, Shelvey etc have had in recent seasons.

Suso is pretty good already, certainly not far behind the likes of Sterling.

If Downing isnt leaving he is too far down the list for the coming season. A year of hopefully 1st team football will be really good for him.

great experience for Suso if it happens. he is to good to sit on bench for us and he will return a better player. Almeria fans must be excited about this move as well.

in one source i read that the player wanted BVB move and we didn´t want to overpay. why blame the coach?
in other source i read we never even made a bid for him...

were a midtable team with a midtable mentality, dont be surprised that instead of players like Villa,Gomez and Mkhitaryan(players who will actually win liverpool games and score goals we will sign shite like Scott Sinclair,Jay Rodriguez and Adel Taarabt:COAT:

http://www.whoscored.com/Regions/25...amStatistics/England-Premier-League-2012-2013

look at that, 19 shots per game and still finish out of the top 4, id rather now Suarez is sold and they buy a proper world class striker(like the 2 i mentioned above) to play with Sturridge.

Last edited:
were a midtable team with a midtable mentality, dont be surprised that instead of players like villa,gomez and

we are building from material that we can afford sallary wise and not overpaying. we are buying fighters that are not bad or were not bad players in their previous teams..

everoyne was wondering who is Coutinho when we bought him, now he is nailed first team spot for next season..

we have good youngsters in Kelly, Wisdom, Sterling, Suso, Robinson and Coady...not to mention Ibe.

if we manage to buy two or three more players we have a good squad capable of getting in to top four.

we are building from material that we can afford sallary wise and not overpaying. we are buying fighters that are not bad or were not bad players in their previous teams..

everoyne was wondering who is Coutinho when we bought him, now he is nailed first team spot for next season..

we have good youngsters in Kelly, Wisdom, Sterling, Suso, Robinson and Coady...not to mention Ibe.

if we manage to buy two or three more players we have a good squad capable of getting in to top four.

If Suarez and Downing are leaving, then we need 4-5 players. The problem with Suarez is that it seems to be ending up as a last minute transfer.
The guy should hand in a transfer request and make it clear he wants to leave, rather than do a last-minute move like Torres.

im sure we won´t deal with Suarez in last minutes or days of the transfer request.. he will return to the squad soon and his situation will be sorted.

i realy doubt the club will want to sell under 50 mil.

Downing on other hand i realy don´t know, imo his place will be taken by Aspas anyway. Or we might buy another winger..

were a midtable team with a midtable mentality, dont be surprised that instead of players like Villa,Gomez and Mkhitaryan(players who will actually win liverpool games and score goals we will sign shite like Scott Sinclair,Jay Rodriguez and Adel Taarabt:COAT:

http://www.whoscored.com/Regions/25...amStatistics/England-Premier-League-2012-2013

look at that, 19 shots per game and still finish out of the top 4, id rather now Suarez is sold and they buy a proper world class striker(like the 2 i mentioned above) to play with Sturridge.

I'm agree we should have gone all in for Mkhitaryan but I dont rate Villa and Gomez that much , imo Villa should be a good deal for 5-10 mil but I dont think that was possible for a team out of spain , more than that its over paid , Villa has give it all , won a lot of trophy , world cup , euro , CL , la liga etc he dosnt have motivation anymore . and Gomez isnt that good for me , he's just one other Andy Carroll not better at all!

I hear that Real Madrid want like 25mil and arsenal its paying 22 for Higuain , why we dont go and spend 25 mil for Higuain ? or even better switch Suarez with Higuain + 25 mil and buy an other world class player with that money , Higuain its class and with team like Liverpool having 19 shots at target every game he can end up to be top scorer on EPL !

Suarez wants to leave, so for Liverpool to "sort" it out means to sell him to the highest bidder sooner than later. For that to happen Suarez has to hand in a transfer request, which means he will lose out on money.
So Liverpool won't sell, and hope that Suarez will stay. But what bothers me is that Suarez will hand in a transfer request near the end of the window, and we will be faced with keeping a disgruntled player or selling under-value.

Regarding why we don't get Mkhtariyan or other good players like Higuain or even Benteke, simple....they all want CL football, and Liverpool is not the big name it used to be.
Unless a player has an already previous admiration and respect for the name and legend of Liverpool FC, then he won't come when he has choices like Dortmund which offer guaranteed CL football, and a stepping stone to the likes of the big clubs like FCBayern, Barca, Real, Chelsea.

Last edited:
Well, I think its hard enough for a player that is use to winning or fighting on all front to even go to a club that barely makes CL spot. Why do fans always want £50m ? I mean when Cesc left we say 50m ,but left for £34m. Mod left £33m while fans wanted 50m !

No one is worth £50m ! I read that Santos only got £17m while his agent n Neymar got most of the fees. I think handing a request for a transfer takes out a chunk of the % of funds. Suarez wants RM and he may need to use Arsenal to get him there. Wenger doesn`t even want Julio Cesar I think he`s going for Reina imo.

Reina to Arsenal ? will be sad to see Reina leaving , special for a team on EPL , but its even worst to see him on bench so I guess a move to Arsenal can be a good deal for him , all tho I think Reina will get most of Premier League match's next season at Liverpool and Mignolet will get FA Cup and Carling Cup match's

Mignolet will be our n. 1, i´m 100% sure of that.

Reina will be gone by the end of the transfer window.

What Liverpool should do with Suarez (and his manager) is setting a deadline for a transfer. After a certain dat (for example august the 15th) he can't go.

Smoke. No way we are spending big on a 27 years old.
By the way I hope we start getting linked with defensive players ASAP

Rodgers has come out and said that the signings so far have been squad players, and now they are going to sign first-team players.

Let's wait and see, maybe they have something up their sleeves.

Suarez, I think will be gone, he has set out his stall, and Liverpool and Rodgers need to realize that keeping an unhappy player is pointless. It's best to sell him now before his value goes down even further.

we are getting a winger for sure, then a CB and maybe another DM... i would love us to sign Ilori, Chadli and Wanyama....that would be great for us imo.

that is if Dowing and Suarez will leave..

Iilmaz would be amazing, but we can´t afford him and i doubt he would want to join from CL team to a team without Europe...

lol , Wanyama signed for Southampton...

:D

edit: remember the Forren guy we were linked to, he leaves Southampton without a single minute of football there apparently...

Last edited:
Rodgers has come out and said that the signings so far have been squad players, and now they are going to sign first-team players.

Let's wait and see, maybe they have something up their sleeves.

Suarez, I think will be gone, he has set out his stall, and Liverpool and Rodgers need to realize that keeping an unhappy player is pointless. It's best to sell him now before his value goes down even further.
"What we've done in the early part of the summer is to improve the squad. That's something I feel we've done with the players we've brought in.

"Now what's important over the next three to five weeks is improving the team. That's something the club is working very hard at.

"I'm sure by the time the end of August comes we'll be ready and we'll have a terrific squad ready to challenge."
I dont understand how you can take from that that we ve only signed squad players and not first-team players.
Iago Aspas and Mignolet are IMO first-team players.

That champions league argument signing players in bollox, look at teams like spurs fiorentina etc can buy amazing players with no champions league to offer. Its liverpool being stingy in the market thats costing them, you wont win anything in the premier league signing players for 5 million a pop, they need to start shopping in the 15-25 mil bracket to get back into the top 4

just becouse Tottenham signed Paulinho for crazy money and Gomez agreed for Fiorentina move doesn´t mean that clubs like Liverpool should buy just for the sake of spending crazy amounts.. i agree that best players are those most exmpensive mostly, but in many cases that´s not the true... take many players who won titles that were not bought but from academy...United fans knew some.. or know some players like that. Or take players who are hungry for winning and giving their best for atm a mid table team that LFC is according to the standings.. The curent situation is we have to build the team around players that have not just quality, but mostly mentality to carry the team to better position, fighting spirit, not just taking the money and don´t care at all for the club.. Im happy we didn´t go for Sneijder, becouse we have Coutinho, a fantastic prospect for years to come.. + you can´t judge the club transfers in the middle of the window, becouse we still might do some buisiness.. let´s wait.

I dont understand how you can take from that that we ve only signed squad players and not first-team players.
Iago Aspas and Mignolet are IMO first-team players.

http://www1.skysports.com/football/...boss-Brendan-Rodgers-targets-further-signings

Liverpool manager Brendan Rodgers says the club are targeting players who will strengthen their starting line-up.

Rodgers has already captured Luis Alberto, Iago Aspas, Simon Mignolet and Kolo Toure, and he believes those acquisitions have sufficiently improved his squad.

Now the Northern Irishman is focused on bringing in players who will boost his first-choice XI.

"What we've done in the early part of the summer is to improve the squad. That's something I feel we've done with the players we've brought in.

"Now what's important over the next three to five weeks is improving the team. That's something the club is working very hard at.

Squad is the entire set of players eligible for the first team.
Team is the actual 1st team.

Back
Top Bottom