Liverpool Thread

To be honest when i read your reply i had the same thoughts as gomito.
How did this discussion start ? Because a player could prefer a Bundesliga club before Liverpool and because you don't understand why (although you put it differently).

Until now the Bundesliga was not a two horse race between Dortmund and Bayern (rather recently Wolfsburg became champions and other German teams are doing very well in Europe). This is not a league like the Scottish ore the Spanish one. At the moment one may be inclined to think it will become like that, but that remains to be seen.

I'm pretty sure that for some players financial stability and the fact that the stadiums are sold out, are a major argument to go to a certain league. Every single big player who goes to the EPL is using this argument: the unique atmosphere and the fans. Right at the moment (and this is subjective) in terms of passion and atmosphere, the Bundeslige has surpassed the EPL.

I also think in Europe Bundesliga clubs are doing at least as well as EPL clubs.

I sincerely think you are seriously underestimating the Bundesliga and German clubs.

no problem, i feel we have one or two signings still ahead. in fact i think Coutinho will now be able to play from AM position, that is his natural one imo...he was outstanding there last season. i think we buy one CB and one winger and sell some players.

it seems like a problem to me , what we are singing next ? I dont see much progress with 4 players we got , we need some really strong and important , we need a "world class" player!!!!!!

it seems like a problem to me , what we are singing next ? I dont see much progress with 4 players we got , we need some really strong and important , we need a "world class" player!!!!!!

it seems a problem, but i don´t think he is worth as much as Arsenal wanted to pay for Suarez just recently.. i´m glad we don´t overpay and if the player himself choosed BVB instead then it´s his decision, not LFC´s problem or fail of signing him for all costs.. Im glad we have some reasoning in transfers now and that we didn´t overpay in any of our deals so far and actually made a good deals in selling Carroll and Shelvey for 20 mil.

Arsenal are a joke , you really think they want Suarez ? they just make that propagand to scary real and get Higuain as soon as they can

what good deal we need quality players to com in , and seems we are not going to get any this season , we needet Mkhitaryan im curious to see what BR will look for ....

Arsenal are a joke , you really think they want Suarez ? they just make that propagand to scary real and get Higuain as soon as they can

what good deal we need quality players to com in , and seems we are not going to get any this season , we needet Mkhitaryan im curious to see what BR will look for ....

a winger (Ince, Atsu etc) and a CB (Ilori, Papadopoulos)..

Arsenal will sign some top players, they have the money available.
And if they do get a genuinely good striker, then watch out...they could be dark horses for the Title.

I already said that , I think Arsenal gonna win title next season if they sign a good striker (like Higuain)

and i'll be one betting some cash on that !

Benteke has filed a transfer request. Spurs are set to pounce.
We have never even bid for Mkhtariyan.

So our only attacking signings have been an under-21 player,
and Aspas who is unknown.

Seems like Downing is also on his way out.
So that makes it 3 players out (Carroll, Downing, Shelvey) so far.

We need some more attacking talent and one more defender.

Downing was pretty good last year. Why let him go ? Players like Downing and Henderson seem to be tainted somehow. Why ?

I dont thing Downing has been pretty good. I think he has been effective more because of the role but because of him, he has been a correct player. Nowhere near what you would expect of a player with his wages.

I think you guys ignore the ability you already hold in the youngsters you own, who can do the job at the top level when edged in slowly.

Sterling (who I personally don't rate but hey), Morgan, Suso, Yesil and Borini are there.

Plus Sturridge, Coutinho and (Maybe) Alberto have all been signed recently and I expect they'll continue to develop in themselves.

If anything your back four is still the biggest question mark imo, and replacing Gerrard who is still useless (but that's like blasphemy here so I won't expand ;) )

Gerrard useless? Now of course everyone is entitled to their opinion but do you really believe that or are you just trying to stir a reaction?

Naruto its talking bullshit , Gerrard was good this season , had some great passes and assist's , of course he's not as 7 years ago but you cant say useless !

Gerrard useless? Now of course everyone is entitled to their opinion but do you really believe that or are you just trying to stir a reaction?

I'm exaggerating, I just don't see this superstar wonder player that most British people see, and it makes him worse imo (the same as it would with every other player, like I don't rate Rooney as highly as most fans)
His long passing is annoying, great he kicked it into the corner but whos even up with the play? Meh, opinions are opinions :)

Rodgers said he thinks Gerrard can give him next 5 years of his career or something like that.

besides the way we are shaping up atm. i think the midfield triangle of

Henderson/Allen ----- Lucas

---------- Coutinho --------

could be a good back up in Gerrard´s absence...

add to that this frontline if Suarez stayes

Aspas ----------------- Suarez

----------- Sturridge ---------

i think it is pretty decent. Im mostly curious about our youngsters such as Suso, Coady, Sterling, Wisdom, Kelly that imo could make a difference next season... then there are still Jordon Ibe, who had great debut on wing and those guys aren´t some even 19 years old...

5 years its to much imo if he can play 2 more years i think would be great , and hope as long as he start to be benched player he retired after a season !

btw whats about we are linked with Xabi Alonso comeback and Aly Cissokho

also Suso played as CMF on spain U20 , and I think he was pretty good there , hope to see more from him this season!

Aly Cissokho said this!
Liverpool is such a great club, so to be linked with them is fantastic. If there is an opportunity to join such a club, I will take it. Valencia are a great club, in a great city, but Liverpool are a legendary club.’

Last edited:
Rodgers said he thinks Gerrard can give him next 5 years of his career or something like that.

besides the way we are shaping up atm. i think the midfield triangle of

Henderson/Allen ----- Lucas

---------- Coutinho --------

could be a good back up in Gerrard´s absence...

add to that this frontline if Suarez stayes

Aspas ----------------- Suarez

----------- Sturridge ---------

i think it is pretty decent. Im mostly curious about our youngsters such as Suso, Coady, Sterling, Wisdom, Kelly that imo could make a difference next season... then there are still Jordon Ibe, who had great debut on wing and those guys aren´t some even 19 years old...

that team wont make the top 4 with all the other teams getting better and spending real money not net spend, looks like liverpool have no cash and will only spend when they sell

that team wont make the top 4 with all the other teams getting better and spending real money not net spend, looks like liverpool have no cash and will only spend when they sell

Actually isnt that bad , not sure about Aspas since I haven't see much from him , but if turn up to be a good sign and and with also Gerrard on place of Allen I think we can make it , but I dont think Suarez will stay , he said also today that "Liverpool know what I want and his agent has talked with club , and his happy that arsenal has intteres for him"

Actually isnt that bad , not sure about Aspas since I haven't see much from him , but if turn up to be a good sign and and with also Gerrard on place of Allen I think we can make it , but I dont think Suarez will stay , he said also today that "Liverpool know what I want and his agent has talked with club , and his happy that arsenal has intteres for him"

well even now look at the players linked with napoli, theyve more chance of signing good players than liverpool do because they have money. To me it looks like book balancing by the board due to the horrendus fuck ups by king kenny and co.the gap between say liverpool and spurs will only get bigger if liverpool do not put some serious money into the market,buying younger players is all well and good but if they were that good why were teams in la liga not looking to buy them. liverpool need at least 3 more top players to compete this season, Henrikh Mkhitaryan was one of them and they were unable to close the deal.

I'm exaggerating, I just don't see this superstar wonder player that most British people see, and it makes him worse imo (the same as it would with every other player, like I don't rate Rooney as highly as most fans)
His long passing is annoying, great he kicked it into the corner but whos even up with the play? Meh, opinions are opinions :)

Carrick isn't rated high by most people I know because he isn't 'Hollywood' enough but I think he's possibly Man U's most important player. Again like you say, just an opinion and not fact.

I agree with you on Rooney.

Some players make others look better. Alonso and Gerrard were fantastic together. For me, Gerrard has struggled to link as well with any midfielder at Liverpool since Xabi left.

Then again opinions are like a**e holes, everyone has one. :OOOH:

According to argentinian press we were close to signing Chucky Ferreyra, an argentinian foward that plays for Velez. He is going to Shakhtar Donetsk instead for 7ME.
Anyway it would have been a hell of a buy. That boy is special, remember his name because in a few years every elite club in Europe is going to try to buy him for 3-4 times the money Shakhtar is paying.

Alonso would be a good 2-3 year signing.

Gerrard is definitely a decent player, and as long as he is fit, he's a good player, not the blockbuster player of 5 years ago, but good.

I still feel we're another striker short, given that Suarez could also leave, then we need 2 more.

I kind of agree with the jinxed one, Gerrard is overrated. There was Always some competition between Gerrard and Lampard for a place in the England team. IMO there is no competition, i rate Lampard much, much higher. I still think Henderson has everything to become as good as Gerrard if he gets a half decent chance to play regularly...but then i'm biased about Henderson.

And yes opinions are like arse holes...

Back
Top Bottom