Liverpool Thread

The owners would have willingly backed him, at least that's the feeling I get, just BR decided the player wasn't worth the valuation.

Looks like its a 21.5 pounds transfer whats that 25 mil euro? Thats 12 mil cheaper than mario gotze and id say they are at the same level

Thats it so, liverpool are no longer a big club. He was the one player that could have made the difference this new season. Always knew he would pick dortmund, klopp is no fool

Liverpool are a big club with history but last years we are fucked up , a player live now not history , he wanna win trophys and not look them in cabinets , if I was a player and I had chance to pick I would pick Dortmund all day long (talking as a neutral person) Dortmund will play CL football and will be fighting for Bunddesliga with Bayern , also has a great team and great Trainer , while Liverpool isn't that easy to get top 4 this season , with Cty , Chelsea and United already on top 4 remain 1 place , with Tottenham getting some great players , and Arsenal with good team + Higuain (a world class striker who can score and what Arsenal need most) top 4 seems to be far , we get Aspas , Luis Alberto , Kolo Toure and Mignolet for me dosnt make a difference from last season , I dont even know if any of them will be a starter on first 11 , we need 2 TOP transfers , players who can make difference and I was hoping Mkhitaryan will be one of them , still nothing its offical and we should hope rumors of him having deal with BVB aren't true !

Looks like its a 21.5 pounds transfer whats that 25 mil euro? Thats 12 mil cheaper than mario gotze and id say they are at the same level

Perhaps, I will admit I have only seen Ryan through YouTube so can't judge too much, but he is 24 so has less time to grow than Gotze.

If I were you I'd trust BR's judgement, he got you Coutinho, if that ain't great player judgement I don't know what is..

Liverpool friendly match before the starts season 13/14

13 July - Preston North End v Liverpool
20 July - Indonezia v Liverpool
24 July - Melbourne Victory v Liverpool
28 July - Thailand v Liverpool
7 July - Valerenga v Liverpool
10 July - Celtic v Liverpool

July 2013
Sat - 13 Preston A 15:00
Sat - 20 Indonesia XI A 14:30
Wed - 24 Melbourne V. A 11:00
Sun - 28 Thailand A 11:45
August 2013
Sat - 3 Olympiacos H 12:45
Wed - 7 Valerenga A 18:00
Sat - 10 Celtic A 17:00

Maybe someday they'll come to Portugal to participate on Eusébio Cup against Benfica.

I watched Benfica x Liverpool for Europe league 3 years ago, really enjoyed the game apart that i was in one of the last spots on top of the stadium.

The owners would have willingly backed him, at least that's the feeling I get, just BR decided the player wasn't worth the valuation.
I agree with you. I think this has been more a decision of the commitee responsible for the transfers than of the owners. And I completely trust them, since they started taking all the decisions regarding transfers we ve made some very good tranfers, finally getting value for money something that didnt happen since RB 's days.

Liverpool are a big club with history but last years we are fucked up , a player live now not history , he wanna win trophys and not look them in cabinets , if I was a player and I had chance to pick I would pick Dortmund all day long (talking as a neutral person) Dortmund will play CL football and will be fighting for Bunddesliga with Bayern , also has a great team and great Trainer , while Liverpool isn't that easy to get top 4 this season , with Cty , Chelsea and United already on top 4 remain 1 place , with Tottenham getting some great players , and Arsenal with good team + Higuain (a world class striker who can score and what Arsenal need most) top 4 seems to be far , we get Aspas , Luis Alberto , Kolo Toure and Mignolet for me dosnt make a difference from last season , I dont even know if any of them will be a starter on first 11 , we need 2 TOP transfers , players who can make difference and I was hoping Mkhitaryan will be one of them , still nothing its offical and we should hope rumors of him having deal with BVB aren't true !
Please any player would pick Liverpool instead of Dortmund if he had the chance to choose.
In fact we could have bought Mario Gotze 2 years ago, but certain football dinosaur decided that Henderson was the better player.
Oh, Iago Aspas is going to be a starter and is certainly a player that can make a difference.

Please any player would pick Liverpool instead of Dortmund if he had the chance to choose.
In fact we could have bought Mario Gotze 2 years ago, but certain football dinosaur decided that Henderson was the better player.
Oh, Iago Aspas is going to be a starter and is certainly a player that can make a difference.

Yeah ok champions league finals and league champions sounds better then staring in a reality tv show

Dortmund would appeal more for sure, they are guaranteed CL football, they have a fantastic stadium, passionate fans, great coach.
And of course, a stepping stone to FC Bayern who will be in the top-4 European teams for the next 4-5 years.

Liverpool are not the same, sure we have more history, but I think Dortmund at the moment are the more attractive option.

Problem for you guys is that most of players who target won't even remember your last league success, and your 2005 Euro win is the last little thread of hope you have in negotiations.. if last years finalists and former champions of the bundesliga are bidding vs yoy, I know who I'd choose.

Problem for you guys is that most of players who target won't even remember your last league success, and your 2005 Euro win is the last little thread of hope you have in negotiations.. if last years finalists and former champions of the bundesliga are bidding vs yoy, I know who I'd choose.

In continental Europe Liverpool is still seen as the biggest English team.

Dude Broussia won the Bundesliga recently And were in the final, don't be a fucking wanker
Im not a wanker, but you said last league winner and cl finalist and Borussia wasnt even close to win the last league. Finish 2d is very easy .. there are only 2 teams in the Bundesliga.
Anyway, I see us going after Eriksen now. With 1 year left in his contract he should be avaivable for half the money the armenian guy was.

. Finish 2d is very easy .. there are only 2 teams in the Bundesliga.

My god this is so arrogant.
Bayern, Borussia, Schalke 04, Leverkusen, Mönchengladbach are all better teams than Liverpool has been the last years.
Look at the clubs that won the Bundesliga and you clubs like Wolfsburg, you clubs like Hoffenheim and Werder Bremen compete, VFB Stuttgart played very well againt Barcelona in the Champions League....

You can't blame people for ignorance, but then they shouldn't judge.

All considered the Bundesliga must be the best league in the world because the clubs are financially healthy, the stadiums are sold out the ligue is very competitive and they do splendid in Europe on top of that they have a national team that is much better (and much more attractive) than England.

he will be linked to almost every club and that´s just second day of the window...

hopefully it´s chelsea, only them are capable of giving us shit load money for him i believe.

Nope, we are not getting him. The rumors are false just like before. Abramovich already had the experience by buying Torres.

Henrikh Mkhitaryan is not solely owned by Shaktar, I thought most people knew this now and that is why Liverpool are having issues signing him.

It's nothing to do with how 'big' Liverpool or 'Dortmund' are or who qualified or won what recently. I's noting to do with Liverpool's lack of ambition or the boards commitment to transfers. Third party ownership of players will be banned in 2015.

Last edited:
I'd be surprised if Suarez stayed, problem for him is I don't know how many clubs want him.

No one else in England, Real Madrid might be eying Zlatan or if not then Suarez but otherwise his only real option is if Monaco come calling.

Liverpool friendly match before the starts season 13/14

13 July - Preston North End v Liverpool
20 July - Indonezia v Liverpool
24 July - Melbourne Victory v Liverpool
28 July - Thailand v Liverpool
7 July - Valerenga v Liverpool
10 July - Celtic v Liverpool

So we are having a double July this year

My god this is so arrogant.
Bayern, Borussia, Schalke 04, Leverkusen, Mönchengladbach are all better teams than Liverpool has been the last years.
Look at the clubs that won the Bundesliga and you clubs like Wolfsburg, you clubs like Hoffenheim and Werder Bremen compete, VFB Stuttgart played very well againt Barcelona in the Champions League....

You can't blame people for ignorance, but then they shouldn't judge.

All considered the Bundesliga must be the best league in the world because the clubs are financially healthy, the stadiums are sold out the ligue is very competitive and they do splendid in Europe on top of that they have a national team that is much better (and much more attractive) than England.
Ok, let'see.
Being financially healthy and self sustainable is what every league in the world should aspire. It doesnt show anything about the quality of the league or how competitive it is though.
Having full stadiums again, doesnt speak about the quality of the league. Here in Argentina stadiums are allways full and people are completely passionate about their teams. And argentinian league is awful.
Funny you mention the national team because that only reinforce my point that it is a league of two teams. The only four players in the Germany squad that play in Germany and dont play for Borussia Dortmund or Bayern Munich are Tim Wiese, Ron-Robert Zieler, Benedikt Howedes and Lars Bender. So two GK and two field players that are have by no means important roles.
I dont feel now to start looking for old statistics of the Champions League but Im sure that (without considering Borussia Dortmund last season who by the way should have been eliminated agasint Malaga) the only team that seriously challenged for the CL was Bayern Munich.

You shouldnt call other people ignorant just because you dont agree with them ...

I dont feel now to start looking for old statistics of the Champions League but Im sure that (without considering Borussia Dortmund last season who by the way should have been eliminated agasint Malaga) the only team that seriously challenged for the CL was Bayern Munich..

United got screwed before they could really challenge, js.

so according to The Telegraph " Arsenal have had a formal bid of around £30 million for Liverpool striker Luis Suárez , rejected."

I guess Wenger just try this to make Arsenal fans happy like they are going behind some world class players , I bet he was praying for Liverpool to dont accept this offer :-P

Ok, let'see.
Being financially healthy and self sustainable is what every league in the world should aspire. It doesnt show anything about the quality of the league or how competitive it is though.
Having full stadiums again, doesnt speak about the quality of the league. Here in Argentina stadiums are allways full and people are completely passionate about their teams. And argentinian league is awful.
Funny you mention the national team because that only reinforce my point that it is a league of two teams. The only four players in the Germany squad that play in Germany and dont play for Borussia Dortmund or Bayern Munich are Tim Wiese, Ron-Robert Zieler, Benedikt Howedes and Lars Bender. So two GK and two field players that are have by no means important roles.
I dont feel now to start looking for old statistics of the Champions League but Im sure that (without considering Borussia Dortmund last season who by the way should have been eliminated agasint Malaga) the only team that seriously challenged for the CL was Bayern Munich.

You shouldnt call other people ignorant just because you dont agree with them ...

No it doesn't speak about the quality if the league. But bundesliga quality speaks for itself, your not being objective

so according to The Telegraph " Arsenal have had a formal bid of around £30 million for Liverpool striker Luis Suárez , rejected."

I guess Wenger just try this to make Arsenal fans happy like they are going behind some world class players , I bet he was praying for Liverpool to dont accept this offer :-P

If, Liverpool would of said 'Let`s talk some more" those suits would of ran like they saw a ghost!!!! I think this was a RM tactic to show the difference btw a club that doesn`t want to sell vs. a club that is trying to squeeze another club w/o wanting the player.

It was rumoured that RM wants £2m more since River Plate gets 750k of any deal.

Back
Top Bottom