Liverpool Thread

Historically, both Liverpool and Juve are BIG teams.
Liverpool have won more European Cups though.

BUT, at the moment, Juventus are the top team of Italy, they regularly
play in the CL, and have better players.

So Juventus will be an upgrade to Liverpool anyway you look at it.

Juventus a few years back was practically in the same situation we are now. After the Moggi case (who was a corrupt but knew a lot about football) they had some clueless DOF and managers. They bought mediocre players for a lot of money. In 2010 Marotta came in as a DOF and he completely changed the club. They started to get value for money and made some impressive signings. Right now they have no competitors in the Serie A, although Im not sure if Conte is the right manager for them to fight in the CL.

Mkhitaryan signs Liverpool shirt

BNCZA_0CEAIhBAh.jpg

shirtsign.PNG

Im reading that West Ham is interested in taking Downing. So after taking Joe Cole and Carroll now they want to take Downing. Just when I thought no manager could be more stupid than Kenny Dalglish.

When was the last time Juve won it? Or appeared in the final?

We could go on and on about this and that. I still personally believe that Juve is not a step up from Liverpool for Suarez.

A bit of an offtopic. Do you think this is a good imitation of Liverpool's new shirt. Im thinking about buying it but I look at the official pictures and I dont know if they look the same.

A bit of an offtopic. Do you think this is a good imitation of Liverpool's new shirt. Im thinking about buying it but I look at the official pictures and I dont know if they look the same.

Yes probably, but at the same time you won't know until you see it close up, the pics are generally different. I got the 2008/09 kit from a site like this and it looked perfect in the picture, when it arrived everything was great except the Carlsberg sponsor which looked awful. Still, only cost £8 i think and i got a refund.

Out of interest how much is that one? The real one will be around £35 in SportsDirect

Yes probably, but at the same time you won't know until you see it close up, the pics are generally different. I got the 2008/09 kit from a site like this and it looked perfect in the picture, when it arrived everything was great except the Carlsberg sponsor which looked awful. Still, only cost £8 i think and i got a refund.

Out of interest how much is that one? The real one will be around £35 in SportsDirect
It is 20 dollars with shipping included to Argentina and Gerrard name and number on it. I think it is a good price. Also I cant buy in england websites, they dont usually ship to Argentina and if they do, only by DHL or one of those firms so it is even more expensive.

Last edited:
Maybe a dumb question - but if LFC do complete this Shaktar player's signing for around 20m, added into the 2 or 3 others so far, do we really believe that Herny is happily spending 40/50m of his own money?

That to me would be the biggest sign Suarez is leaving.

Maybe a dumb question - but if LFC do complete this Shaktar player's signing for around 20m, added into the 2 or 3 others so far, do we really believe that Herny is happily spending 40/50m of his own money?

what you mean ? Suarez its still LFC Player ? !!? dude he's gone I would be happy to get Shaktar guy Ryan(!) and 2-3 other players with those money . and no body cares anymore if suarez leaves !

He seemed happy to waste money two years ago .. but yeah, I agree with your point. All of these buys are very likely going to be funded with the sales of Suarez, Skrtel, Downing and Coates.

He seemed happy to waste money two years ago .. but yeah, I agree with your point. All of these buys are very likely going to be funded with the sales of Suarez, Skrtel, Downing and Coates.

and I still think , if we use good those money of Carroll + Downing + Henderson , and already bought Suarez we would be playing CL football :YAWN:

This is a CL team IMO. I dont know if this season because we are making some massive changes right now (altough Im loving the fact that we are rushing the deals so all our new players will be avaivable since the start of pre season) but I have no doubts, if not this it would be the other season, but we are getting back in the top 4.

Arsenal will strengthen. And who knows what Spurs will do. They have a tendency to make good signings.

Will be tough to finish higher than 5th

Arsenal will strengthen. And who knows what Spurs will do. They have a tendency to make good signings.

Will be tough to finish higher than 5th

True enough, depending on if Spurs keep Bale (or how efficiently they spend the money they get for him) and if Arsenal pull off a couple of signings, Everton can keep their form and Newcastle manage to correct whatever went wrong in the second half of last season then next seasons top 10 battle will be the strongest so far, imo.. lets just hope the gap between the top 3 and the rest isn't too large.

True enough, depending on if Spurs keep Bale (or how efficiently they spend the money they get for him) and if Arsenal pull off a couple of signings, Everton can keep their form and Newcastle manage to correct whatever went wrong in the second half of last season then next seasons top 10 battle will be the strongest so far, imo.. lets just hope the gap between the top 3 and the rest isn't too large.

Tottenham won't make top 5 next year , Everton ? Not good e ought , I think 5th possession honen be ours but I'm hoping for top 4 , and maybe united wont be that good ? I think , city 1st , Chelsea 2nd , arsenal 3th , united 4th , Liverpool 5 , Everton 6th and spurs 7th :)))

Btw your signature is annoying !!

I think Newcastle has very good players, an awsome chief scout and with a proper manager they would compete for the Top 6. But with this bizarre arrival of Kinnear as a DOF and probably the sale of some key players like Cabaye I just dont see them having anything better than midtable next season. They have a good squad and make good buys, but I cant understand how they would limit Graham Carr with the incredible job he made for them.

i wouldn´t write Tottenham off yet... they buy Paulinho and possibly Damiao and i think some other players and they won´t miss Bale that much...

Bale won them a lot of matches i must say the last season, but with the money from his sale, AVB can do a good buisiness... Tottenham will finish above Liverpool i think also next season.. If we sell Suarez who won lot of matches for us alone with his goals and assist´s...

It will be though, i am mostly curious about Arsenal and United obviously without SAF... City and Chelsa, who knows? it will take time and lots of luck + great performances with consistency to get us back to top 4...

Tottenham won't make top 5 next year , Everton ? Not good e ought , I think 5th possession honen be ours but I'm hoping for top 4 , and maybe united wont be that good ? I think , city 1st , Chelsea 2nd , arsenal 3th , united 4th , Liverpool 5 , Everton 6th and spurs 7th :)))

Btw your signature is annoying !!

Tottenham nearly made it this year, so I wouldn't write them off, Everton can be good enough without the usual slow start and United remain the same squad but with a new manager so I reckon third is where they will end up, for me it will be:

1.City
2.Chelsea
3.United
4.Liverpoo
5.Arsenal
6.Spurs
7.Newcastle
8.Everton

Sorry about my signature, I will turn it off when posting in the Liverpool thread, but everywhere else you will have to live with it :P what's so bad about?

I cant see Tottenham finishing above us next season , we had a lot of problems last season special in start , we didnt have players and all game was focused on Suarez , with Lucas back , Steve G on good form and sign's of Sturridge and Coutinho we were far better

Sturridge showed he has class and he can do pretty good as CF , Coutinho was great , and when Suarez didnt play we look like whole team its playing and not just a player , so I think we gonna do well and if we sign this Armenian guy and few more signs we can do good next season

--------------Sturridge----------
Countinho-------------------Aspas(or any new sign)
-------------Mkhitaryan----------

-------------------Gerrard-------
---------Lucas-------------------

Enrique-------------------Johnson
---------Agger----Skrtle(new sign)

--------------Reina--------------

this team dosnt look that bad , and if we are lucky to dont have them injured and on good form I think we can make top 4

we should perform more at Anfield , we dont have to drop points there .

we have 1st match at home vs Stoke , they always has give us problems so we SHOULD win this one , it will be very important for start to get 3 points and beat a team like Stoke , if we win 3 first matchs Stoke (H) , Villa (A) , United (H) than we gonna get moral up and players will believe they can make it to top 4 and perform really good :D

Tottenham nearly made it this year, so I wouldn't write them off, Everton can be good enough without the usual slow start and United remain the same squad but with a new manager so I reckon third is where they will end up, for me it will be:

1.City
2.Chelsea
3.United
4.Liverpoo
5.Arsenal
6.Spurs
7.Newcastle
8.Everton

Sorry about my signature, I will turn it off when posting in the Liverpool thread, but everywhere else you will have to live with it :P what's so bad about?

I think united will have a lot of problems next season , but City and Chelsea seems to be far from others on EPL , and Arsenal I have feeling they gonna start good this season and maybe surprise everyone !

your signature its too long , have that "Bold" letters and rules of forum says:

Signature Rules

A signature is attached to the bottom of every post you make and must follow these guidelines otherwise an administrator may edit it without prior warning:

It must not contain any images.
It should be no longer than 4 lines of normal sized text - normal means the size text appears at without any specific font size BB code.

the problem is that you put some names I dont like on it :LOL:

Last edited:
I think united will have a lot of problems next season , but City and Chelsea seems to be far from others on EPL , and Arsenal I have feeling they gonna start good this season and maybe surprise everyone !

your signature its too long , have that "Bold" letters and rules of forum says:

the problem is that you put some names I dont like on it :LOL:

I don't think we will see any real problems from united for at least 3 years, but that's a bias opinion :P I actually really want Arsenal to have an amazing season and win it, just for Wenger!

I didnt think it was too ling when I typed it, I swear its 4 lines but a fifth as a division and the bold.. I agree, I will remove that :) and now I'm intrigued, which names don't you like? ;)

Top four will change is my bold prediction!

I can see Liverpool sneaking in there.

Chelsea will win it :RANT:
United second :SHOCK:
City third :BLEH:
Liverpool fourth :PRAY:

Arsenal and Tottenham pushed out next season.

I will re-visit this prediction in 10 months and probably be completely wrong!!! :FAIL:

Back
Top Bottom