Liverpool Thread

"I consider myself one of the cleverer footballers"

That statement right there is void. There are NO intelligent footballers.

Except Socrates :))

"I consider myself one of the cleverer footballers"

That statement right there is void. There are NO intelligent footballers.

Except Socrates :))

yeah, he was the most clever player ever!!! look here:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ur5fGSBsfq8

btw, nice article about Aspas with direct quotes form the player..

"When I heard of Liverpool’s interest I didn't hesitate"
ANTONIO ESTÉVEZ. VIGO 06/08/2013

Iago Aspas spoke in his home town of Moaña (Galicia) about his move to Liverpool on a four-year contract: "I was forced to cancel the holiday we had planned to the Caribbean, but the cause is more than justified," Aspas - a product of Celta de Vigo's success over the last few seasons - told MARCA on Friday.

The agreement between the two clubs has virtually been sealed - Celta was waiting for Liverpool to send the contract last night, which outlined an €8.5 million transfer fee plus other objectives-, but the commissions to the player's representatives and tax issues held up the deal which is only a matter of time.

Iago has secured the deal of his life - the forward will go from earning €600,000 a year to €1.5 million at Anfield."When I heard of Liverpool's interest I didn't hesitate even for a minute. It's one of the biggest clubs in the world. I had other offers in Italy (Nápoles), Portugal (Benfica) and other countries, but I decided that my future was in English football".

Aspas will head to his new destination with barely any knowledge of the local language he will have to use: "I hope Reina, Suso, Dani Pacheco, Luis Suárez, Coutinho, Lucas Leiva and José Enrique help me at the beginning".

http://www.marca.com/2013/06/08/en/football/international_football/1370721562.html

Suarez recent interview in spanish, wish there were subtitles...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cN5Wg4SjFNc

it`s a good interview piece , he talked about life in all 3 countries from his home,Netherlands and UK. He mention he only has 1 real mate and he knew him since he was 7yrs old. He also said friends in football are not the same. You build a bond ,but it`s a work place friendship (just like any employment has).

He was with his wife at a very early age ,she`s his rock! :) then he gives no excuse for his attack on Serbian defender. He said no logic whatsoever! he wasn`t rough housing him at all ,nor said anything to provoke me. I can not give an answer for what I did to him. He knows that action cause him to lose out on golden boot and a chance to win PFA . The interviewer wanted to push his thoughts on going to RM. He couldn`t answer just basically said CR is a gifted player. Then interviewer wish him luck next season whether its w/ Liverpool ,RM .

he is better than Torres, the club should not go bellow that price of Torres if they deciede to sell imo. and if somoene thinks Bale is worth 70 mil, for me Suarez is worth it as well, if not more.

he is better than Torres, the club should not go bellow that price of Torres if they deciede to sell imo. and if somoene thinks Bale is worth 70 mil, for me Suarez is worth it as well, if not more.

If neymar is worth £35m plus, Torres went for £50m and Bale valued at £80m plus.. anything less then £80m is a insult to a player of Suarez' calibre.. of course we are working in times of obscene amounts of money being thrown around, by some more than others.

Bale is probably worth more than Suarez because he doesn't take up a striker's role and yet scores a striker's amount of goals.

It's also slightly wrong to talk about worth in such specific ways. A player is worth whatever the buying club is prepared to pay, since they are the ones who value him. Bale may seem worth more like 30-45m to us but to Real they may believe he is worth much more if they think he can help them dominate Barca more than any other purchase.

I'm tired with this Suarez circus , honestly everyday having interview he want to leave ? fuck off really im starting to dislike it and reason he's talking about its bullshit , so be a fucking man and say I want to play for Real Madrid , I want to play CL , I want to win trophy and thats it , I won't let hm go under 50m , if not do what city did to tevez and end of the story

I'm tired with this Suarez circus , honestly everyday having interview he want to leave ? fuck off really im starting to dislike it and reason he's talking about its bullshit , so be a fucking man and say I want to play for Real Madrid , I want to play CL , I want to win trophy and thats it , I won't let hm go under 50m , if not do what city did to tevez and end of the story

don´t tell me you are following media and their story´s...they make up many of this shit so they sell... you can´t believe everything..

there should be some rules by the club that their employees should not talk to media about some stuff, there are agents who should tell players what they can or can´t. And if Suarez said as you say, he want´s to play for Madrid, Madrid would immediatelly know he is avileable and that they don´t have to pay as much as the club would want... Suarez should shut up in first place and talk only with manager and the club in private..but so should all players before transfer window... but the media are those who ask those questions and they make up storys based on that few words...

don´t tell me you are following media and their story´s...they make up many of this shit so they sell... you can´t believe everything..

there should be some rules by the club that their employees should not talk to media about some stuff, there are agents who should tell players what they can or can´t. And if Suarez said as you say, he want´s to play for Madrid, Madrid would immediatelly know he is avileable and that they don´t have to pay as much as the club would want... Suarez should shut up in first place and talk only with manager and the club in private..but so should all players before transfer window... but the media are those who ask those questions and they make up storys based on that few words...

he's telling shit about media and he's one everyday talking about different media and talking shit about how bad media its against him , if its like he says than he should shut up and dont go everyday in media and give more reason to them to talk for you !

he's telling shit about media and he's one everyday talking about different media and talking shit about how bad media its against him , if its like he says than he should shut up and dont go everyday in media and give more reason to them to talk for you !

well but he was mainly talking to south america media now about his situation in England... not the english media... my point is, media give him questions, he could easy answer with this: no comment. everywhere, in south america or england... and there will be nothing they can come up with, this way he only feeds them with speculations as they wish without even maybe having the intentions to..

well but he was mainly talking to south america media now about his situation in England... not the english media... my point is, media give him questions, he could easy answer with this: no comment. everywhere, in south america or england... and there will be nothing they can come up with, this way he only feeds them with speculations as they wish without even maybe having the intentions to..

spot on! he is trying to better his imagine to the South American folks. Which they question him why does he get into so much problems. The interviewer 1st try to say was it the divorce of his parents , but that was going no where fast. All he said about the UK media is they can twist a story quick so any answer is looked at very closely . If , he said he would use his hand again to block the ball. They will say Suarez admits he looks to use his hands inside the box,but Maradona does it and he has a statue .

Suarez has brought most of the negative stuff on himself with his attitude. Simple as that. He has no right to moan about the media and paparazzi imo because simpy put, when you dive (and admit it), you cheat, you bite, you kick out, you stamp, and racially abuse another player and you are also a supremely talented player, then you will garner publicity and you will generate this kind of reaction.

One thing I would say about the paparazzi stuff, is when do you ever ever see pics in the press of Suarez with his family shopping or in his garden etc.? It's very very rare, so I think he's exaggerating to force his move.

Suarez has brought most of the negative stuff on himself with his attitude. Simple as that. He has no right to moan about the media and paparazzi imo because simpy put, when you dive (and admit it), you cheat, you bite, you kick out, you stamp, and racially abuse another player and you are also a supremely talented player, then you will garner publicity and you will generate this kind of reaction.

One thing I would say about the paparazzi stuff, is when do you ever ever see pics in the press of Suarez with his family shopping or in his garden etc.? It's very very rare, so I think he's exaggerating to force his move.

Good post by a true and realistic fan.

Good post by a true and realistic fan.
Why would you even say such things , just say good post! you did a suarez and deliberately offended the community.

gerd can you make a list of the REAL fans so I learn from their post. Fake fans are destroying football forums :RANT::SMUG:

To me a true fan (not a real fan) is somebody who supports his club but still can take enough distance to be critical about his club or their players and do it in an intelligent way.

I will anticipate your next post: what is doing it in an intelligent way.

Having a personal opinion, having the guts to go against the hysteric majority.

A couple of examples ?

Having the guts to doubt that the return of Dalglish could turn out to be a bad thing for Liverpool while all the other fans see him as the return of the messiah. One could sauy the same about Mourinho and Chelsea.

Still supporting Wenger.

Understanding RVP why he preferred Man Utd over Arsenal (or Cesc or Nasri).

What i like about people like UJ, Vann, bobbybox and others is that they support their club but have an articulated opinion even if that doesn't necessarily mean that they can't be wrong...

But that is only my opinion and by questioning it you make it much more important than it really is...

To me a true fan (not a real fan) is somebody who supports his club but still can take enough distance to be critical about his club or their players and do it in an intelligent way.

I will anticipate your next post: what is doing it in an intelligent way.

Having a personal opinion, having the guts to go against the hysteric majority.

A couple of examples ?

Having the guts to doubt that the return of Dalglish could turn out to be a bad thing for Liverpool while all the other fans see him as the return of the messiah. One could sauy the same about Mourinho and Chelsea.

Still supporting Wenger.

Understanding RVP why he preferred Man Utd over Arsenal (or Cesc or Nasri).

What i like about people like UJ, Vann, bobbybox and others is that they support their club but have an articulated opinion even if that doesn't necessarily mean that they can't be wrong...

But that is only my opinion and by questioning it you make it much more important than it really is...

That`s it though gerd, your words have more weight then others. You know exactly what words to say to slap a person in the face.If, you wanted to discredit me you could very easily :COAT:

You`ve been in this forum for more then a decade and can sniff out a person`s logic within a few post. So , don`t insult my feeble intelligence . You are known to get it wrong and accept your errors :WORSHIP: Im sure they`re few among your level of thinking as you call realistic fans. You and them are a dying breed... sorry to put it plain! I`m glad I can be straight with you w/o getting a slashing in the future. You don`t hold grudges and know the new generation of fans say what they feel and not what they mean. I`m convince your tactfulness can change other mindset, You did it with me vs Tottenham fans.

That is too much credit bebo.
As for Spurs fans, i'm quite sure that the "hardcore" Spurs fans don't consider me a real Spurs fan...

I wish Suarez would either just hand in a transfer request or just keep quiet and focus on helping Liverpool.
No point constantly whining to the uruguayan or spanish media about his persecution in England.

Seeing now that Real have entered the race for Cavani, I'm not sure if Suarez will even go to Real. Maybe PSG could fancy him :-)

I think Cavani favors a move to England and Chelsea, I expect Real to try hard to get Bale and come short this year and then they'll wrap up Suarez very late.

I think Cavani favors a move to England and Chelsea, I expect Real to try hard to get Bale and come short this year and then they'll wrap up Suarez very late.

the problem is Liverpool doesn´t want to negotiate with the possible Suarez money in last hours of the transfer window as with Torres... i hope we make the buisiness soon and i would not speculate yet about Suarez move anywhere..it´s to soon and few articles that were made didn´t convince me that the move is 100% possible...Liverpool owners need to make a statement soon and selling Suarez wouldn´t help the club image.. i personaly think that first we buy replacements and possible new starters and we deciede to sell after that.. i don´t mind us selling Suarez, but for the record money for the club..i want us to sell not bellow 50 milions. otherwise we would make a big mistake..

Back
Top Bottom