Liverpool Thread

so thanks to Aspas great assist as well, Celta stayed in La Liga...hopefully the price of Aspas won´t be affected by this...

EDIT:

777349483.gif

Last edited:
compilation of Gerrard long range passing in 2012/2013

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aDJyGYG8EqQ

Easily his most natural position on the pitch now his legs are aching a little and he has Coutinho to create further up the pitch for the forwards and Henderson doing the box to box stuff around him and Lucas breaking up the opposition.

He's always had fantastic range of passing but with Liverpool's lack of creative midfielders over the years, Stevens always took it upon himself to try and do everything and play every role.

Last year was one of his best seasons without the need for masses of individual goals and assists on the stats sheet, and it's no coincidence that he didn't miss a minute of a Premier League game until a couple of games to go playing in this deeper role.

His playing career will last longer in the Brendan Rodgers system hopefully.

It will be a long time before England and Liverpool have another truly world class home grown player like Gerrard again. Some people say he's overrated. These people do not understand football or have never been to a live match and watched him play regularly. I'm not talking a match on the T.V either.

Great video Pipa... :))

thanks, i think the same..Gerrard is the creator in this team, basicly not as much visible as he was playing with Torres, but very important and i agree that replacing him will be difficult..

anyway, here is a list of players we have been linked with last week...

David Villa (Daily Mirror)
Christian Eriksen (Daily Express)
Asmir Begovič (Sky Sports)
Christian Atsu (Daily Express)
Jesus Navas (talkSPORT)
Luis Muriel (Goal.com)
Luis Alberto (talkSPORT)
Romelu Lukaku (Birmingham Mail)
Bojan Krkič (Sky Sports)
Iago Aspas (Liverpool Echo)
Clement Grenier (Daily Mirror)
Moussa Sow (TurkishFootball.com)
Ashley Williams (ESPN)
Lucas Digne (talkSPORT)
Juraj Kucka (Football Italia)
Sofiane Feghouli (talkSPORT)
Alex Pearce (ClubCall)
Nacer Chadli (talkSPORT)
Diego Capel (talkSPORT)
Kurt Zouma (talkSPORT)

the summer will be long :D

anyway, here is a list of players we have been linked with last week...

David Villa (Daily Mirror)
Christian Eriksen (Daily Express)
Asmir Begovič (Sky Sports) (if Reina leaves)
Christian Atsu (Daily Express)
Jesus Navas (talkSPORT)
Luis Muriel (Goal.com)
Luis Alberto (talkSPORT)
Romelu Lukaku (Birmingham Mail)
Bojan Krkič (Sky Sports)
Iago Aspas (Liverpool Echo)
Clement Grenier (Daily Mirror)
Moussa Sow (TurkishFootball.com)
Ashley Williams (ESPN)
Lucas Digne (talkSPORT)
Juraj Kucka (Football Italia)
Sofiane Feghouli (talkSPORT)
Alex Pearce (ClubCall)
Nacer Chadli (talkSPORT)
Diego Capel (talkSPORT)
Kurt Zouma (talkSPORT)

the summer will be long :D

I would like to see this guys play for Liverpool :D

Muriel, Eriksen and Begovic, if Reina is gone would improve us very much...

i don´t think Navas would be motivated to join or even stay living in Liverpool...

I don't know what the hell got into Suarez mind after he went back to Uruguay. When he was here, I have the impression that he's gonna stay for many years, and that he loved Liverpool and don't care about anything else, especially the press. He knows they are going to be there trying to ruin his life and I believe he was know how to beat them.

And now he went back to home and came back a pudding (at least that's what the media want me to think) .. I just don't get it. Still can't believe he said he wanted to leave in because of the M.E.D.I.A. was scrutinizing him, some deserved and some wasn't. He's much stronger than that I felt.

I don't know what the hell got into Suarez mind after he went back to Uruguay. When he was here, I have the impression that he's gonna stay for many years, and that he loved Liverpool and don't care about anything else, especially the press. He knows they are going to be there trying to ruin his life and I believe he was know how to beat them.

And now he went back to home and came back a pudding (at least that's what the media want me to think) .. I just don't get it. Still can't believe he said he wanted to leave in because of the M.E.D.I.A. was scrutinizing him, some deserved and some wasn't. He's much stronger than that I felt.

All this is not about the media, it's about money and a bigger club. The media are only a pretext. It could also have been driving the 'wrong side of the road' or the English climate or the food...who cares about football players and their pretexts...

Which is going to be more like 10 million since Kenny the dinousaur also agreed that the 25 % of any sale would go to Newcastle.

I think he'll have a good season at WHU next year. Probably get around 15 goals, and a bunch of assists, and be viewed as having found his level. He's still a good footballer, many people seem to have forgotten because of his price tag, transfer and then injuries.

and hair cut

I always said if he got that cut he would be a much better player.

simple solution overlooked by Liverpool

gerd, you may have already talked about this but i dont remember. As a belgian and as a person that knows a lot about football I would like to know your opinion about Simon Mignolet.

Which is going to be more like 10 million since Kenny the dinousaur also agreed that the 25 % of any sale would go to Newcastle.

No he didn't, maybe if you did more research you'd talk less shit.

The 25% sell-on clause is only activated in the very unlikely event that Liverpool sell Carroll for more than £35m.

I think he'll have a good season at WHU next year. Probably get around 15 goals, and a bunch of assists, and be viewed as having found his level. He's still a good footballer, many people seem to have forgotten because of his price tag, transfer and then injuries.

Yeah I agree.

Fat Sam and West Ham will probably get the best out of him. I think it's a good deal for them.

No he didn't, maybe if you did more research you'd talk less shit.

The 25% sell-on clause is only activated in the very unlikely event that Liverpool sell Carroll for more than £35m.
I read it in an article and thought it was true. The dinosaur did everything wrong so it seemed very likely.

Liverpool are linked with Mikhtariyan of Shakhtar now.

Hope we can wrap up the Carroll deal soon, that will help with finances.

With Suarez possibly leaving, and Sturridge possibly missing out the start of the season, it's absolutely important for us to sign 2-3 strikers.

I just hope there is no repeat of last summer.

Liverpool are linked with Mikhtariyan of Shakhtar now.

Now that is a player i really love, if he would play in the EPL i really would be excited...great player...jesus, why can't Spurs buy him ?

About Mignolet: he is very, very good. He was our national GK until Courtois emerged. I'm convinced that Courtois will become the best GK in the world and according to people like Preudhomme and Waterreus, Courtois already is the best. I'm going off-topic (sorry) but i saw a Dutch football show about the CL final were the local Gary Lineker asked if Neuer was the best GK in the world. Waterreus immediately reacted and said that there was no doubt about that: Courtois. He said his save against Real Madrid in the Coppa final was the best save he saw for the last 3 decades. And all the other pundits agreed with him about Courtois already being the best in the world. The rivalry between Holland and Belgium is immense, before Dutch football people say something like that... Well IMO and from what i've seen both with Sunderland and our national team, Courtois isn't much better than Mignolet. In most other national teams in the world he would always play. IMO he is better than Reina, Hart (godotelli will disagree of course) and most other EPL GK's.
Is he without mistakes or howlers ? No. Every GK no and then has a howler. I remember one last season...but how many points did he save for Sunderland ?

Mignolet is a very, very good GK.

Last edited:
If we get Mignolet and Mkhtariyan, it would be fantastic, wouldn't it ?

I hope FSG can bankroll these signings, because they need to back Rodgers this summer if we really want to have any chance of top-4 in the next 2 seasons.

If we get Mignolet and Mkhtariyan, it would be fantastic, wouldn't it ?

Who knows? Might both end up being shit. Rather keep Reina tbh. Quality keeper. Yeah he's made a couple of mistakes but most keepers do at times. Not heard much about Mkhtariyan.
I trust BR though. I like the way he wants the team to play.

He would be a replacement for Gerrard in the long run. He's a nominally attacking midfielder, but in fact he can play in and midfield role (alhtough he would be wasted out wide) and can do a decent job as a defensive midfielder. He is a very talented player, in my opinion the best current ex-USSR player (with Konoplyanka, Denisov, Akinfeev and Yarmolenko not far behind) and scores a lot of goals from midfield. He keeps the ball well, hardly ever giving it away and there is also a degree of urgency about his play - he likes to drive the ball forward a lot more than some of your current midfielders. Him together with Willian and Fernandinho are the main reasons why Shakhtar have pushed on from being just a group stage team to a credible CL Knockout team. It's probably bye-bye Joe "the crab" Allen (a dawdler who only goes sideways and backwards) if you do sign him and that can only be a good thing for Liverpool.

Back
Top Bottom