Liverpool Thread

Liverpool would be a perfect club for Lukaku. I'm not sure Lukaku is perfect for Liverpool however...
I still have my doubts about him.
I have this ongoing discussion with both of my kids about who is better Lukaku or Benteke. here in Belgium Lukaku was Always seen as the biggest talent among the forwards and both my kids are Lukaku fans. IMO Benteke is better, but i doubt if he will ever have a better season than the last one. It would be foolish of him to leave Villa, it's too soon.

Liverpool would be a perfect club for Lukaku. I'm not sure Lukaku is perfect for Liverpool however...
I still have my doubts about him.
I have this ongoing discussion with both of my kids about who is better Lukaku or Benteke. here in Belgium Lukaku was Always seen as the biggest talent among the forwards and both my kids are Lukaku fans. IMO Benteke is better, but i doubt if he will ever have a better season than the last one. It would be foolish of him to leave Villa, it's too soon.

I'm a sceptic of both to be honest, I feel that while both are good players in fine form neither is world class, I'd pit this season down to first season syndrome and lets see what they can do next year!

I don't really care any more if Suarez goes or stays. I'm pretty much ok with both. Unless we give him away like Arsenal did Van Persie.

looks like suarez will leave liverpool..skysports post it on their official twitter account..hope liverpool will make this deal done quickly and get his replacement as soon as possible..

Personally I still don't think this is a bad thing in the long run for LFC. Suarez's personality and age mean that he was always likely to want at least one shot at the CL before he misses his peak. At best he would have stayed one more season imo, before heading off to a current 'giant'.

Plus I'm not convinced that LFC under Rodgers are best with a 'talisman' player. In much the same way as United had become too reliant on Ronaldo by the end of his time there, it's time for LFC to spread the goals around. Given how much importance Rodgers places on interchanging and fluidity, it wouldn't be too surprising if LFC had numerous players in double digits next year if Suarez goes.

Not sure about the Lukaku rumours? Why would Chelsea sell to LFC at any kind of cut price? Remember that Chelsea paid almost 20m pounds for Lukaku, and he's only gotten better since then. He is surely a 25m - 30m player already?

I think LFC's best bet is that Bale stays at Spurs. If he does than Suarez is the biggest 'name' available to Real - and Perez WILL buy a big name to counteract Neymar. Imo if Suarez goes to Madrid he'll have a much better first season or two than the Brazilian too, for significantly less cost.

Good post beach. Completely agree except with the Lukaku bit...25-30 million for Lukaku ? Isn't that way too much ?

Personally I still don't think this is a bad thing in the long run for LFC. Suarez's personality and age mean that he was always likely to want at least one shot at the CL before he misses his peak. At best he would have stayed one more season imo, before heading off to a current 'giant'.

Plus I'm not convinced that LFC under Rodgers are best with a 'talisman' player. In much the same way as United had become too reliant on Ronaldo by the end of his time there, it's time for LFC to spread the goals around. Given how much importance Rodgers places on interchanging and fluidity, it wouldn't be too surprising if LFC had numerous players in double digits next year if Suarez goes.

Not sure about the Lukaku rumours? Why would Chelsea sell to LFC at any kind of cut price? Remember that Chelsea paid almost 20m pounds for Lukaku, and he's only gotten better since then. He is surely a 25m - 30m player already?

I think LFC's best bet is that Bale stays at Spurs. If he does than Suarez is the biggest 'name' available to Real - and Perez WILL buy a big name to counteract Neymar. Imo if Suarez goes to Madrid he'll have a much better first season or two than the Brazilian too, for significantly less cost.

Maybe lukaku a loan deal? Mourinho and Rodgers remember have a good relationship from working together at chelsea

If we get 40m from Suarez, then I think we need to sign atleast 3 players, and this time no more Swansea players....we can't afford to be spending 15m on the likes of Joe Allen.
We have to get good bargains from other leagues like Aspa.

And maybe have room for one big signing, assuming that someone wants to still come and join a team miles away from top-4.
Agree. Though Allen is a very good player IMO. He has it all to be a very good player for us for the next 10 years.

Alonso wasn't for sale either, so...

I don't want to talk about whole suarez thing since i told what i believe , they gonna say that as long as they play for one team.

but Alonso WAS for sale , remember Benitez want him gone , and wanted to buy Barry who he thought its better than Alonso (one of those stupid mistakes by Rafa)

Good thing about selling Suarez is that we stop becoming a 1-man team.
We need to spread the goals a lot more across the team, and we already saw signs of that with Sturridge coming in.

What we need are various goal-scoring threats across the attacking 4-5 players.
That's what will take us to the next level.

Maybe selling Suarez will help us accomplish that.

selling him for 30M + getting some of there unwanted gems would be perfect for you, Di Maria would be great deal.

as i said, the club has owners who don´t want to sell under 50 mil. and i doubt it will chainge. Suarez has long term contract and it is in our hands now...

i hope we only sell, not swap players, becouse we need to buy wisely and not primadonas from Real who don´t want to fight for LFC. As Rodgers said, this team needs winners and people who care..i don´t care where he finds those, but we need them..

as i said, the club has owners who don´t want to sell under 50 mil. and i doubt it will chainge. Suarez has long term contract and it is in our hands now...

i hope we only sell, not swap players, becouse we need to buy wisely and not primadonas from Real who don´t want to fight for LFC. As Rodgers said, this team needs winners and people who care..i don´t care where he finds those, but we need them..

Agreed, the last thing we need is a player exchange.
I don't care who we get, as long as they are good teamplayers and can help the team win.
Does'nt have to be any ex-famous guys, but someone with passion to play for Liverpool
and has the winning mentality.

But I feel Liverpool need to sell him soon, now that Suarez has said he wants to leave.

To me, if he is confidently saying this in the media, then that means someone has privately approached him saying they will sign him. Whether that is Real or PSG, it remains to be seen.

We need to get this transfer over quickly, so we can allow Rodgers to get the correct replacement.
We want to avoid the situation of last summer and the previous winter when we either don't sign anyone or end up with someone like Andy Carroll !!!

If you could get £10M< + Di Maria for Suarez you should bite Madrids hand off! Di Maria is a majorly unsung member of a Madrid team that usually revolves around Cronaldo, he is so good and at a young age so surely only improving!

If you could get £10M< + Di Maria for Suarez you should bite Madrids hand off! Di Maria is a majorly unsung member of a Madrid team that usually revolves around Cronaldo, he is so good and at a young age so surely only improving!

There hasnt really been any argentinian success stories(apart from man city)in the premier league so di maria isnt a good idea

Last edited:
There hasnt really been any argentinian success stories in the premier league so di maria isnt a good idea

Aguero still has pages to write in his story, and Tevez hasn't been a massive let down.. Zabaleta was probably the most consistent player in the premier league last season.. (Didn't see your edit, sorry :))

Di Maria has the right attributes both technically and physically to match Brendan Rodgers style, and I believe he has the right mentality to really give it a go and be successful in the premier league.
Although, I understand it would be better to have a proven replacement for someone as important as Suarez brought in straight up.

There hasnt really been any argentinian success stories(apart from man city)in the premier league so di maria isnt a good idea
Di Maria is a great player. He would be an excelent idea but I think he is on massive wages and PSG is after him.

So I guess that release clause thing we were talking about was bullshit.
http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/2013/may/31/luis-suarez-liverpool-transfer-uruguay

Liverpool are obliged to inform Suárez of any club prepared to activate a clause, believed to be in excess of £40m, that was included in the new four-year contract he signed last August. The clause will trigger negotiations should he wish to speak to that club, but not an automatic sale, and Liverpool would enter any talks insisting the Uruguay international is a better, fitter player than Torres was in January 2011.

Blood Red: Liverpool deserve better from Luis Suarez

http://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/sport/sport-opinion/blood-red-liverpool-fc-deserve-4037259

Club officials were surprised by his comments this week because he had given them no indication prior to heading to South America that his heart was set on a move.

Brendan Rodgers knew Suarez was considering his future but was optimistic that Liverpool’s backing coupled with their commitment to helping him combat his disciplinary problems would convince him to stay put.

The idea that Liverpool’s owners will welcome the prospect of cashing in on Suarez is wrong.

They have been desperate to retain his services with chairman Tom Werner speaking to the striker personally since he was hit with the 10-match ban to try to keep him at Anfield.

Liverpool have reiterated that they expect Suarez to honour his contract but they appear to be fighting a losing battle.

Back
Top Bottom