Liverpool Thread

"Remarkable" is a bit strong, but finishing 9 points higher than last season with a huge improvement in goal difference considering the squad Rodgers started the season with (playing teenagers all over the place) is a job well done.

Here's to being optimistic.

Rodgers did a good job considering this is his first ever job at a big club.
He got the team to score a remarkable number of goals, and clean sheets.

But, finishing 7th is not remarkable.
It's not a failure given the circumstances, but still a good job.

We have to build on this, but if FSG want top-4, it will need a lot more investment and Rodgers will need to really deliver.

Rodgers did a good job considering this is his first ever job at a big club.
He got the team to score a remarkable number of goals, and clean sheets.

But, finishing 7th is not remarkable.
It's not a failure given the circumstances, but still a good job.

We have to build on this, but if FSG want top-4, it will need a lot more investment and Rodgers will need to really deliver.

and we play some really good football ,

on 2nd part of season on 19 match's we earn 36 points , 10 match won , 6 draw , 3 lose , scoring 43 goals , getting 17 , 10 clean sheets. and we could have taken some more points , special on those two draw's 2-2 vs Arsenal and City

so thats not bad at all , and with sign's like Coutinho and Sturridge we have done really good , if we only sign a quality left winger and center midfield and a CB I think we have chance to end up on 4th possision but for sure more up than Spurs and Everton

top 10 chance creators of 2012-13

No.10: Jonjo Shelvey (14 chances created)
No.9: Lucas and Coutinho (15 chances created each)
No.8: Joe Allen (21 chances created)
No.7: Jose Enrique (22 chances created)
No.6: Jordan Henderson and Daniel Sturridge (29 chances created)
No.5: Raheem Sterling (35 chances created)
No.4: Glen Johnson (43 chances created)
No.3: Stewart Downing (61 chances created)
No.2: Steven Gerrard (84 chances created)
No.1: Luis Suarez (85 chances created)

http://www.liverpoolfc.com/news/have-you-seen/kop-10-chance-creators-of-2012-13

Kolo Toure confirmed, interesting signing in that it goes against the grain of FSG's age policy of youth, but I think we need experienced players.

If Kolo can play for 2-3 years, then that is good business.

We still need one more centre back if Skrtel leaves.

idk what to say about toure really , but as it is free transfer I should say its good transfer , but I hope we wont be playing him on every match , I hope we get one other quality CB so toure could be used just sometimes !

on other way seems Skrtle its joing Benitez on Napoli!

idk what to say about toure really , but as it is free transfer I should say its good transfer , but I hope we wont be playing him on every match , I hope we get one other quality CB so toure could be used just sometimes !

on other way seems Skrtle its joing Benitez on Napoli!

Skrtel´s agent denied that rumour today in slovak media...

btw, great to see us sign an experienced and still quality CB as Toure...agree we need another young one.

He's a great signing, with Carragher gone and Skrtel probably going its a good idea to get some experience in as injuries could leave you a bit short, he could also cover at defensive midfield.

top 10 chance creators of 2012-13

No.10: Jonjo Shelvey (14 chances created)
No.9: Lucas and Coutinho (15 chances created each)
No.8: Joe Allen (21 chances created)
No.7: Jose Enrique (22 chances created)
No.6: Jordan Henderson and Daniel Sturridge (29 chances created)
No.5: Raheem Sterling (35 chances created)
No.4: Glen Johnson (43 chances created)
No.3: Stewart Downing (61 chances created)
No.2: Steven Gerrard (84 chances created)
No.1: Luis Suarez (85 chances created)

http://www.liverpoolfc.com/news/have-you-seen/kop-10-chance-creators-of-2012-13

Would be interesting to know how many of those chances lead to goal. I'm pretty sure Coutinho has the highest %.

Would be interesting to know how many of those chances lead to goal. I'm pretty sure Coutinho has the highest %.

most probably, but imo Suarez is still top assist maker that lead to goal.. Coutinho can be next season...if he continues the way he started and if he + Suarez and Sturridge will work together..

The much maligned Stuart Downing is third on that list...

Downing must be doing something right if he is always in first 11. Rodgers see his hard work and great runs..he playes very effective last months.. some amazing assists as well... i think he is better managed than before.

The Valencia branch of Cadena SER report that Celta Vigo forward Iago Aspas will sign for Liverpool for £7.7m on a wage of £26,000 per week.

So, second signig of the season. Ive never seen him play, he is amazing on FM though.

Last edited:
some info about him...

Swansea & Spurs Aim To Save Relegation-Threatened Striker

By Tom Kingston

Posted on April 23, 2013

As the season draws to a close, the speculation mounts over Iago Aspas and his future down at the Galician club Celta de Vigo, with the club almost certain for relegation back down to the Segunda. They haven’t really had much to shout about in their one stop stay in the Primera but Iago has definitely been a bright spark.

Any avid followers of Spanish football will know how impressive he was in their promotion season last term, netting 23 league goals he only finished 2nd in the top scorers list to Leonardo Ulloa who is now plying his trade in the championship for Brighton. He’s everything that’s good about Celta, being promoted through the youth ranks down at the club, he’s only ever been a one club man and he is adored by the supporters.

Aspas will be on the move in the summer, but will he stay in Spain or will he make a move to the Premier League? Swansea & Spurs have been heavily linked with the 25 year old by WalesOnline and the Metro respectively and everybody is aware that with the signings on Michu, Hernandez & Chico Flores that Michael Laudrup is a big fan of cultured Spanish talent having managed in La Liga previously.

His performance stats this season for Celta shows that he has been one of their better performers, if not the best. Impressive performances in a struggling team are the sign of a good player all the same.

He has the highest performance score of anybody in his team with a score of 955, even after being absent in his last 4 matches due to the red card against rivals, Deportivo.

iago_zps30d41433.png

He is also the best attacking threat for Celta and has created 60 chances for his side this season, more than anybody else. Showing he can contribute in a team style too.

iago1_zpsce90af08.png
[/URL]

The last stat the pretty much confirms Aspas as Celta’s main threat. He has 10 goals this season which for a side routed bottom of the league is not a bad feat. It’s more than double of what any other player has managed for the Celestes this season.

iago2_zps8c4e47ea.png

STATS: http://www.squawka.com/players/iago-aspas

The real question now is where is his next destination? His apparent preference is to stay in Spain and in La Liga but with a release cause at 10 million Euros, that could out price most Spanish clubs, the draw of European football at Swansea could tip the balance for him. Celta will know they have to cash in on their prized possession, for the health of the club.

Wherever he ends up, people are beginning to see how much of a talented player Iago Aspas is and how he has come to the forefront of everything good down at Celta de Vigo in their past couple of years. I’m sure there are a few teams on the list that will try to acquire the services of Iago in the coming months.

Tom Kingston
Tom is a freelance football writer who has a real passion for Spanish Football. Having lived over there on and off for the past few years he has gained a real love for the way they play their football, and the way they introduce it into their culture

http://blog.squawka.com/2013/04/23/...ve-relegation-threatened-striker/201304237752

He's a SS in the tevez mode, can also play upfront, and could be a cheap replacement if suarez leaves
Agree. I think we are buying him to replace Suarez in advance. If indeed we are doing these, it is very smart to complete our signings before selling Suarez.

Well, Suarez ve just said that is going to be very difficult for him to turn Real Madrid down and that he cant stand the presion from the media.
Let ´s cash 40M (he has a release clause apparently) for him after we ended buying our targets.

https://twitter.com/Ultimoalarco/status/339814035476340736

Last edited:
Sorry to 'invade' here but I saw this and couldn't resist.

Goal.com

"Luis Suarez has opened the door to a Liverpool exit after admitting he cannot take constant criticism of his conduct
and is proud to be linked with Real Madrid"

:LMAO:

This guy is surely the biggest joke of football right now, you guys need to get rid of him and buy someone that deserves the jersey.

that is goal.com...i will believe it if it´s on Liverpool official page.

besides Suarez direct quote: I’ll be here next season yes. Not only am I playing for Liverpool, I am playing in one of the best leagues in the world. I am very happy (at Liverpool) and I want to see out my contract, though in football you never know quite what’s ahead.”

When a person is sure of something there is not need to add a 'or not' at the end like he did.

I’ll be here next season yes. Not only am I playing for Liverpool, I am playing in one of the best leagues in the world. I am very happy (at Liverpool) and I want to see out my contract, though in football you never know quite what’s ahead.

And of course he can't fully control this, but, he should only state what he wants if that's what matters to him, and not put the way the did leaving the space to leave and not have said he was absolutely not going to.

Last edited:
every player has a price and LFC are not stupid, they know what he means to the club player wise and marketing wise... he is hated, but also loved around the world...

people say things, lot of time don´t translate things properly..

and english media love to hate him.. more bad things happend and none of them got the attention than Suarez things..

for example:

- Rooney shagging prostitutes while his wife is pregnant.
- Raping a prostitute by Benzema and Ribery.
- Shooting youth team players with an air rifle.
- Shagging your team mates wife, John Terry.
- Putting a cigar out in a kids eye
- Ryan Giggs shagging brother's wife behind his back for 8 years!
- Rape by Ched Evans, Welsh international.
- Jermaine Defie bit someone.
- John Terry racially abused Anton Ferdinand.

Suarez bites a player - won't someone think of the children?
Defoe bites a player - meh

Suarez accidental handball to score a goal - nefarious intent!
Le Fondre attempted handball goal - meh, lets not report on it

Suarez silly dive vs Stoke - disgraceful foreign cheat!
Bale booked 5 times for diving - meh, he runs too fast

Suarez handball save - infamy!
Neville handball save - meh, took one for the team

we will see..

The future of Luis Suárez

This is the kind of story Liverpool fans don’t want to hear, but it has happened before and will happen again –it is law of football and a consequence of the stage the club is in, progressing but not at the level where they can expect their best player to ignore interest from other more successful clubs. Liverpool Football Club are resigned to lose Luis Suarez and are preparing life without him. They are aware of the interest from top clubs in Europe and Liverpool feel they have done as much as they can to convince him to stay, and everything is now in the players’s court.

He is happy in Liverpool, the club has looked after him and he feels settle for the first time since he left his home in Uruguay. The family atmosphere has helped him grow and he feels the club has done everything that it was required so he could focus in his game. We all have read the interviews, I have heard him say it himself. But…

At this stage of his career, he would like to test himself in the biggest stage, the Champions League. He hoped Liverpool could provide that but it hasn’t been the case. He expects the progression of the team will take them to the top four at some point but he has heard there are clubs like Real Madrid, Atlético Madrid, Juventus (he is preferred to Higuain), even Chelsea that have shown interest. No offer on the table yet but there will be more than one put during the summer.

His parents in law live near Barcelona and his wife tends to spend time there. Spain is then their preferred destination.

He has a buy out clause which some sources put at £35 million and others at more than £40m. Liverpool will demand the totality of the buy out clause to release the player. There will be clubs willing to pay that. And then it will be all up to the player.

Notice, I DID NOT SAY HE IS GOING TO GO. I am saying, the club is resigned to his departure if he decides to go. And he is aware there is interest from top clubs and is considering his future. That is the stage the situation is in.

btw, here is the actual Suarez interview for any Spanish speakers http://chirb.it/G89z2N

every player has a price and LFC are not stupid, they know what he means to the club player wise and marketing wise... he is hated, but also loved around the world...

and english media love to hate him.. more bad things happend and none of them got the attention than Suarez things..

for example:

Suarez bites a player - won't someone think of the children?
Defoe bites a player - meh

Suarez accidental handball to score a goal - nefarious intent!
Le Fondre attempted handball goal - meh, lets not report on it

Suarez silly dive vs Stoke - disgraceful foreign cheat!
Bale booked 5 times for diving - meh, he runs too fast

Suarez handball save - infamy!
Neville handball save - meh, took one for the team

I don't think the list of 'bad things' from other players were ignored at it's time, at least I remember that stuff very clearly and don't like those players too.

The thing is that Suarez did much more than just one single mistake, and he keeps making the same shit over and over again so that's why he gains even more attention.

And the media hates him? Well, I don't think anyone can or should defend him, he dug his own grave..

Liverpool is such a big club, should have 'big' players in all scenes.

He needs to go, his technical abilities and his goals shouldn't matter for the fans of the club at all, right?

I'm not a Liverpool fan, but I like to see Liverpool fighting in the UCL and all, and crappy stupid players such as Suarez will not lead the club in that direction.

No. I listened the interview and he said that he has the desire to play for Real Madrid. He also says that he loves Liverpool, being at Liverpool but cant stand the media anymore.

No. I listened the interview and he said that he has the desire to play for Real Madrid. He also says that he loves Liverpool, being at Liverpool but cant stand the media anymore.

then we should not sell bellow 50m. He has a long term contract here. So no need for LFC to sell.

Or try a player + money swap.

Everyday its someone coming and going... Surely agents are at work. Doesnt really matter what players say today ,tomorrow they'll say something else.

Suarez should go to Real Madrid, it would make terrific sense for both parties. Real need a genuine world class striker to help Ronaldo with both Benzema and Higuain not really up to the mark. With Neymar now at Barca, they will be stronger, and Real are in need of refreshing.
And Suarez is a hated figure in England, some of it is justified, but some of it is due to his passport.

But I doubt Liverpool will get 50m, it may be close to 40m if we're lucky, and that should actually help us rebuild and strengthen the team.

Let him go to Madrid, would be a perfect match: a cheating player , for a cheating club.

Oh and Pipa, the clue why he's hated that much lies in your own post where you defend him. You're obviously blinfd to the fact that in your litle list, all the players you name appear only once except...Luis Suarez. He has done it all !!! Magnificent record.

I don't think you should start a carreer as a lawyer pipa, you just made it obvious how big a vilain Suarez is...that surely is an impressive list...

Back
Top Bottom