Liverpool Thread

I would let him go too but not under 45-50 milion , when u see market nowdays its very high and a play like Suarez should go for 50 milion at last special when he has a long term contract untl 2016 , but than who tells me that what he did vs Ivanovic wasn't on propose ? maybe he just want to move and did that so club can be mad and want to sell it ? or who tells me that next season when he's back he wont do again an other scandal and be banned for 20 matchs !!!

Suarez s a risk but after all if Real was willing to pay so much for a Neymar guy who never diid a shit in football , and has been good on brasil where football isnt that qualty at all comparing to EPL , La Liga etc than they should pay 50m or go away

oh I would also go for Higuain+30m :SMUG:

Wow that's strong words from you Gerd. You do know what a c**t is?

Suarez must really push your buttons?

I too think we should get rid while his stock is still high. Who knows, maybe the attacking players Rodgers has secured in recent days is because Suarez is off and he is planning replacements quick to get them on board and in the system very early and not rush as we did with Andy Carroll.

The way Real Madrid conduct their transfer dealings is so unprofessional and arrogant.

What part of what they are now doing mentioning Bale and Suarez goes down as not tapping up?

They should be fined by UEFA and FIFA for illegal approaches. they are a disgrace when it comes to transfer policies.

I'm sorry if i offended anyone, but to me Suarez is a symbol for much that is wrong with football players...enormously talented, but classless...

It's also rather cynical to use the criticism when one behaves like Suarez did. I have no particular dislike for Suarez (serious), it's just that i'm getting tired of all the fuss about him...i trieed to see him in a positive light for a while...but i just couldn't.

It seems just so typical for Suarez to say one day that he loves Liverpool and his proud to play for Liverpool and then a couple of weeks later being proud about the fact that Real wants him and talking about the criticism...he just wants to play for a bigger team and to earn more money.

I wonder how many matches he will miss next season...maybe in Spain they won't punish him if he plays for Real Madrid.

Last edited:
The way Real Madrid conduct their transfer dealings is so unprofessional and arrogant.

What part of what they are now doing mentioning Bale and Suarez goes down as not tapping up?

They should be fined by UEFA and FIFA for illegal approaches. they are a disgrace when it comes to transfer policies.

That's child's play compare to Barça :LOL: have their president say your player has their DNA openly , kids all over the world learn w/ interest what DNA was :)

According to Sport.es we are on the bring of signing Luis Alberto (20 years), a Sevilla player that was on loan last season on Barcelona B and scored 11 goals and 17 assistances in la Liga Adelante.
Never seen him play but Im reading what the Barca fans are saying on the sport forum and they cant believe how they are not buying him for 5M.
Also, another striker and very similar to Suarez apparently. The uruguayan is defintely gone then.
Well, it was Guillem Balagué the guy that reported this. Then we may as well consider it official since he never misses, he was reporting Coutinho's and Suarez's deals before every journalist.

Last edited:
There are rumors also for Luis Muriel to com to Liverpool if Suarez leave , I haven't seen much from him this season with Udinese , but I remember he was great at lecce 2 season ago , this guy got a lot of class and I think it would be great to get him for a decent price !

Marca says that Real have a done deal for 40m with Liverpool.
Not sure how reliable they are, but apparently that is the buyout clause in his contract.

I just hope we can replace him with some decent players.
Sturridge seems a bit injury prone, we need a good striker with the same quality.

Full audio of the press conference:
http://www.seleccionuruguayadefutbol.com/2013/05/mayor-luis-suarez-en-conferencia-de.html

Some notes:
- he states that the papparazzi have been chasing his daughter and wife into the kindergarten :RANT:
- he repeatedly states that he loves the city of Liverpool, the club, and the fans
- the "no one defended me" quote is about journalists, not the club or fans
- he hasn't decided to move abroad, but if harassment of his family continues, then he knows what to choose
- there is nothing discussed with Real Madrid or other clubs
- Suarez was annoyed with Uruguayan media for constantly asking him about this rather than the games against France and Venezuela (it was clear that our media wants him in Spain)
- he doesn't exactly think highly of David Cameron, and says that the PM has better things to do
- he never thought that he could win the Player of the Year awards, with the UK media so against him. Even so, some players (here he mentions Gerrard) decided to openly back him
- he says, several times, that the Ivanovic incident was his fuck up

pipa cmon man what you think he's going to say ? its same shit Torres said 2 days before he decide to go to Chelsea , I never saw a player go against his club , yeah it was riera against benitez , tevez again mancini etc but they has been out for so long , so they just act like that its all about buissnes!

pipa cmon man what you think he's going to say ? its same shit Torres said 2 days before he decide to go to Chelsea , I never saw a player go against his club , yeah it was riera against benitez , tevez again mancini etc but they has been out for so long , so they just act like that its all about buissnes!

i don´t know, nobody knows...i don´t believe any media except LFC official page for any rumours.. his words indicate he will go, but reality can be different and the outcome as well. i prefer to wait.

Don't believe anything

Chances are this all already in motion and it is damage limitation to Suarez so he can move out without being hated and Liverpool FC will help with that as they will get a better fee due to Suarez being diplomatic and saying he loves Liverpool

Pure business politics IMO

Only a matter of time, just hope Liverpool get a good deal and good squad built with the funds.

i don´t know, nobody knows...i don´t believe any media except LFC official page for any rumours.. his words indicate he will go, but reality can be different and the outcome as well. i prefer to wait.
He's gone mate. And for 47M euros it is good news for Liverpool and for Suarez.

Tomorrows papers saying liverpool want lukaku, he would be a great signing and would fit the profile of player FSG are after

its still may and the transfers rumours are already crazy tempo...there will be still long summer ahead of rumours etc..

Lukaku would be perfect n.9 for LFC.

Im not sure wether Lukaku can play in BR system. Also, dont see the point in signing another striker. It is bullshit.

Im not sure wether Lukaku can play in BR system. Also, dont see the point in signing another striker. It is bullshit.

If we sell Suarez, we need to replace his goals, assist, free kicks etc.. Sturridge alone won´t be ideal solution and we didn´t signed Aspas yet...even with Aspas, a player like Lukaku would be needed for better depth in attack. Chelsea would be crazy not to play him in first team next season.. he already is better than Ba and Torres imo.

Suarez is definitely putting out the statements of confusion, but to me it sounds as if he wants to move.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/22725415

Luis Suarez: Liverpool striker considers 'change of environment'

Liverpool striker Luis Suarez says now would be a good time to move, but has made no decision on his future.

The 26-year-old, who is serving a 10-match suspension for biting Chelsea's Branislav Ivanovic, has admitted it "would be difficult to say no" to Real Madrid, who have been linked with him.

The Uruguayan said: "It's a good moment for a change of environment because of all I've been through in England."

He added: "I do not know when I'm going and I do not know if I'm staying."

Suarez, who was banned for eight games for racially abusing Manchester United's Patrice Evra in 2011, added: "I have only words of thanks to the club, the fans of Liverpool.
"But the treatment I received from the rest of England in recent weeks has been tough.

wait and see.

this is him being diplomatic knowing the outcome already so he still gets respect from the fans and has an excuse as to why he left.

makes things easier for Liverpool fans to take.

bye Suarez

If we sell Suarez, we need to replace his goals, assist, free kicks etc.. Sturridge alone won´t be ideal solution and we didn´t signed Aspas yet...even with Aspas, a player like Lukaku would be needed for better depth in attack. Chelsea would be crazy not to play him in first team next season.. he already is better than Ba and Torres imo.
Aspas is the replacement of Suarez. He is probably going to play as winger so Sturridge is going to play central as he should.
Lukaku would never fit in BR style. Never. This story has no sense.

Last edited:
If we get 40m from Suarez, then I think we need to sign atleast 3 players, and this time no more Swansea players....we can't afford to be spending 15m on the likes of Joe Allen.
We have to get good bargains from other leagues like Aspa.

And maybe have room for one big signing, assuming that someone wants to still come and join a team miles away from top-4.

Back
Top Bottom