Liverpool Thread

On this day in 1978, Bob Paisley became the first British manager to retain the European Cup.
In total, he won three European Cups during a nine-year reign at Anfield - a tally no manager in history can match.

936642_10151721733887573_1208164528_n.jpg

On this day in 1978, Bob Paisley became the first British manager to retain the European Cup.
In total, he won three European Cups during a nine-year reign at Anfield - a tally no manager in history can match.

that's a bit harsh, keep believing Pip, lfc may get back into the Champs League one day mate.

i believe, becouse it´s not impossible the way the league is competitive.. and each point can move a club around... but, the key to that is winning with consistency...wich we haven´t since our second place season few years back..

Ajax defender Toby Alderweireld has stated he has not made a decision about his future, despite recent reports he is set to sign with Roma.

The 24-year-old looked set to join the Giallorossi in the summer according to reports in Italy, but Alderweireld has brushed off those suggestions while keeping the door open to a possible move to Liverpool.

“I am ready for a new adventure,” he told Nusport.

“I am being very selective over my new club. I don’t want to go to Manchester City because they already have [Vincent] Kompany who plays in my position.”

“Liverpool, on the other hand, have the potential to return to being a top club.

“I don’t know when I will make a decision over my future.”

http://forzaitalianfootball.com/2013/05/roma-target-opens-the-door-to-possible-liverpool-move/

Today's Liverpool team versus Fulham: Reina, Johnson, Downing, Wisdom, Coates, Carragher, Lucas, Henderson, Shelvey, Coutinho, Sturridge.

Subs: B Jones, Enrique, Assaidi, Borini, Suso, Coady, L Jones.

No Skrtel for LFC today. 17 year old academy defender Lloyd Jones amongst the substitutes at Craven Cottage. And finally chance for Coates

Last edited:
Ok, name me a better, more consistent Goalkeeper in the Premier league over the last 7 years?

Pepe won the Golden glove 3 years in a row and came joint first with Cech so 4 out of the last 7 seasons has been the most consistent keeper in the league.

Oh, and I'm no 'loonie'

Of course I'm biased, but Howard

Of course I'm biased, but Howard

You could have always said no, you can't name me one. It's not an issue to be wrong but then again what we say is purely opinion not a fact.

I'm not going to troll trough stats of seasons gone by and post them here but look it up and you'll see Howard's record doesn't compare to Pepe's.

With Sturridge, Liverpool will certainly be a threat to the top 4 next season.

But by god, I hate his stupid dance celebration. Its like he's thinking 'who can I compete with in the shit celebration stakes?' Gareth Bale?

The Bale celebration is less annoying as a Spurs fan tho :))

Give me the Shearer 'one hand in the air' anyday :BOP:

Last edited:
some Sturridge stats..

dsstats.png

MpG = Minutes per Goal. MpGA = Minutes per Goal or Assist. SpG = Shots per Goal.

Just thrown these together. Sturridge vs the top 5 PL scorers. Really should be aiming for at least 20 league goals next year if he is played consistently as the number 9 (which I think he will be).

Only player in the league (minimum 1,000 minutes) to have a goal or assist better than once every 90 minutes.

With Sturridge, Liverpool will certainly be a threat to the top 4 next season.

But by god, I hate his stupid dance celebration. Its like he's thinking 'who can I compete with in the shit celebration stakes?' Gareth Bale?

The Bale celebration is less annoying as a Spurs fan tho :))

Give me the Shearer 'one hand in the air' anyday :BOP:

Who cares about his celebration, as long as he scores 20 goals a season.
Great to see the team doing well without Suarez.
Like Pipa said, if we can sign a couple of good players like Coutinho and Sturridge, then we will really be challenging for top-4.
Will be interesting next year, with 3 new managers in the top-3 clubs (Moyes, Pellegrini, Mourinho?).
Could be a great chance for Liverpool to try and get close as possible if we get our signings right
this summer.

Last edited:
Not surprised by the stats.

As I've always said, he was destined to be a top class striker. Chelsea set him back a few years but it looks like he's found a club now where he can play and fulfill his potential - England's no.9

is Coutinho just on loan at the minute? I would try to wrap that deal up quickly, he's been brilliant from what I've seen, added a spark that you've lacked since Gerrard was at his best a few years back.

Slowly your team is taking some shape now, I think your defence is the main issue with the team right now, offensively your OK but your not solid at the back.

A restructuring of the defence and one wide player of quality would bring the first team up dramatically.

is Coutinho just on loan at the minute? I would try to wrap that deal up quickly, he's been brilliant from what I've seen, added a spark that you've lacked since Gerrard was at his best a few years back.

Slowly your team is taking some shape now, I think your defence is the main issue with the team right now, offensively your OK but your not solid at the back.

A restructuring of the defence and one wide player of quality would bring the first team up dramatically.

he was bought, not loaned. crazy Inter :D

Yeh definitely, we've got no real strength at the back at the minute. Skrtel can't be arsed, Carragher has retired which leave Agger, his strength is going forward with the ball but his positional play and aerial ability leave a lot to be desired. I feel i might be one of the few on here but i'd like to see us sign Ashley Williams, a big dominant centre half who takes no messing about and will clear the ball even if your head is in the way.

Inter have fucked up with Coutinho imo, the lad looks ridiculous on the ball, he can sprint at full speed and the ball never seems to move from his toes, his through balls have been excellent, would like to see the "key passes" stats for him this season.

Yeh definitely, we've got no real strength at the back at the minute. Skrtel can't be arsed, Carragher has retired which leave Agger, his strength is going forward with the ball but his positional play and aerial ability leave a lot to be desired. I feel i might be one of the few on here but i'd like to see us sign Ashley Williams, a big dominant centre half who takes no messing about and will clear the ball even if your head is in the way.

Inter have fucked up with Coutinho imo, the lad looks ridiculous on the ball, he can sprint at full speed and the ball never seems to move from his toes, his through balls have been excellent, would like to see the "key passes" stats for him this season.

I think coutinho is looking better in england as the defensive and tactical side of the game in the premier league is not up to scratch with Serie A, he is getting more time and space thus he is being able to show his full range of skills

320polgar.jpg

Polgár Kristóf at the Liverpool FC Academy , wish him good luck, well a lot of luck because "dozens" of talented hungarian youngsters failed to make it to the first team at LPFC

btw Liverpool U21 is playing tonight in the championship semi-finals against ManU, i have to say Jordan Ibe is a real gem

Wow, some serious, erm, committed challenges coming in from LFC now. Some lad called Coady should have just gotten at the very least a yellow for a very, very two-footed challenge. No call from the ref.

Back
Top Bottom