Liverpool Thread

Dz71PVy.png

yeah i know that, but logically, why would the club risk and spend more than a half of what they got for selling Torres for unproven Andy Carroll, making british transfer record, other than being in panic to replace Torres who insisted to go... it makes no sence. If the club planed Torres sale, they would plan his replacement as well and wouldn´t risk that much for Carroll or any other player... they would expect Torres wanting out, but they didn´t. obviously.

The owner didn't liked him and thought he was gone after the injury and was slow, sluggish, etc. That's that knee injury which cost his life. So, they decided to make the last decision by selling him for 50million pounds for a slow, old and sluggish striker.

The owner didn't liked him and thought he was gone after the injury and was slow, sluggish, etc. That's that knee injury which cost his life. So, they decided to make the last decision by selling him for 50million pounds for a slow, old and sluggish striker.

you are right, it happend just like you say.

Anyway, the classic LFC scenario is that every time they buy a player rumors surface that the newly bought player has been a LFC fan since before he was born. After a while, the fans expect a video where the newly bought player states his eternal love for the club, which happens to be the greatest club in the world just a tad dorment at the moment. Next up, if there's trouble in paradise, the player is expected to sign a long term contract and repeat the love for the club to appease the fans. This happens from time to time in other clubs as well, but not always.

LFC fans are like people in general, but maybe a bit closer to "general" than other fans. The world wants to be fooled, and LFC fans especially.

I don't see many objections to this part, so i guess it seems familiar?

Very good and even match, great performance by Reina and Gerrard...to bad we coudln´t score from our chances... I think we were slightly better in attack than Everton.

they young referee had a good game imo.

Micah Richards was at Anfield today, perhaps only becouse him and Sturridge are mates..but rumours will appear definetly..

Probably should have been given, but imo you cant complain much when at every corner you try to foul the goalie. If he then falls, whether fouled or not, he will get the freekick.

if liverpool get into the europaleague under the fair play table can they pull out of it? if they have to play early qualifying games in july for it their money making tour of the U.S and Asia will have to be cancelled

Shelvey just scored an absolute cracker in the U21 game against United.

Edit: Then should have been sent off for swinging and hitting a United player in the face. Only yellow though.

Manic 10 minutes.

Last edited:
Shelvey just scored an absolute cracker in the U21 game against United.

Edit: Then should have been sent off for swinging and hitting a United player in the face. Only yellow though.

Manic 10 minutes.

Also the United player who almost broke Roddan leg imo.

Also the United player who almost broke Roddan leg imo.

If by almost broke his leg you mean came back onto the field 30 seconds later, then yes, there was that.

It was a foul, but last time I checked the correct response to that is not swing and hit another player in the head.

And in the fixture at Goodison, Suarez scored a perfectly onside goal and Liverpool were robbed of 2 points.

I guess these things even themselves out?

In reality, two errors aren't better than one... two errors is twice as bad as one to be honest.

Anyway, some "experts" in the TV studio couldn't really figure out what the ref decided to call just before the goal because the replays doesn't show anything illegal (beyond the usual that never gets called) going on.

Last edited:
I have not read it but that area has looked broken down for years and is needed of bring up to standard one way or another

If it is true, then it goes against everything that Liverpool stands for really.

'You'll Never Walk Alone!'*

*unless we want your house and then you can walk on your own and we don't really care.

:PP

I've copied that article in the Chelsea thread were clubs like Chelsea are seen as vilains and clubs like Arsenal and Liverpool as "good" clubs.

There is no such thing as a vilain club or a good club in football certainly not in football were money prevails.

Guillem balague just said on sky that pepe reina will join barca on a two year deal, hope liverpool sign begovic to replace him

Yeah hope so ! Begovic it's really great keeper !

Btw what you guys think how much will Barca pay for reina ? How much is he worth?

Contracted till 2016 so I hope we settle for no less tan £15-£18 million.

Been second best Premier league GK over last 7 years behind Cech.

I would of course rather he stayed but if he's to leave then can't blame him for a switch to Barca.

Been a terrific servant for Liverpool.

Contracted till 2016 so I hope we settle for no less tan £15-£18 million.

Been second best Premier league GK over last 7 years behind Cech.

I would of course rather he stayed but if he's to leave then can't blame him for a switch to Barca.

Been a terrific servant for Liverpool.

Yeah I would love reina stay at lfc but if he want to leave than I don't blame him I woul be thankfull for everything he has done for us so far !

I think would be nice to get as much money to cover transfer for begovic who coast (?) around 10m£ ??

Back
Top Bottom