Liverpool Thread

Dan Roan ‏@danroan 1m

Prem League say their incoming chairman Anthony Fry is a Man Utd fan - just like FA's incoming chairman Greg Dyke..& FA Vice Chmn David Gill

Say what you like - but this is wrong in my opinion in such a big business sport. Wheres the balance? At least try and get some other supported teams on there, even from the lower divisions.

@jonnyluvrod, sorry but... Suarez is a special kind of player, one of a kind talent you don´t see a lot. Yes, he has learn to beheave, but he need at least a chance from the club to prove it. And i can in this times cope with that, becouse for me he is a better striker than Torres...Torres needed assists, half of Suarez goals he creates himself + even with a previous ban he managed to carry this team for long on his own shoulders...One thing i can´t cope is injustice or different punishment for same incidents by FA...

But most of all we need players like him to attract other big names, without him, nobody would want to come here... He came here to play with Torres, Torres came to play with Gerard etc.. We were LFC that players of big names wanted to join, but we are not anymore, it´s ridicilous to think we are. If we don´t back him and give him feeling he is wanted and especially fight for his rights and complain about the long ban, he will be gone. sadly...

LFC realy have no balls. We are not in position to lose a striker like that... or we might play in bottom half of the table next season...

This is from Al Jazeera Sports, which is owned by the Qatari Royal Family, the same owners as Ooredoo.

The link below is in Arabic but has quotes from a director in the company which is translated below.

"The goal was to sponsor a big English club with a huge history, our search included Arsenal & Manchester United but the former two have long sponsorship deals and the same applies to Manchester City so Liverpool is the only club available right now."

"We want to sponsor the club in full. We want to sponsor the Stadium (possibly rename it) as well as the club's kits. Our goal is to reach the Asian markets where the Premier League has an enormous fan base."

"We received the tender from the club a few days ago and we are currently in the process of due diligence and we are studying each aspect of the study."

"It is a dual interest, Liverpool needs the money to compete with the European heavyweights and we want to expand our brand to reach new markets via football."

http://www.aljazeerasport.net/news/football/2013/04/201342610281384423.html

Suarez has accepted the 10-match ban and once more apologized, but this time he seems a lot more sincere.

http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/2013/apr/26/luis-suarez-appeal-biting-ban-liverpool

I really hope he has learnt from this, and will come back a better man on the pitch, that will be his best gift to Liverpool and the fans of football worldwide.

If he keeps complaining and leaves Liverpool, it will show that he does not understand the grief he is causing Liverpool FC.

But by this latest statement, and if he truly comes back changed, then I think Liverpool could get back an even better player !!

@jonnyluvrod, sorry but... Suarez is a special kind of player, one of a kind talent you don´t see a lot. Yes, he has learn to beheave, but he need at least a chance from the club to prove it. And i can in this times cope with that, becouse for me he is a better striker than Torres...Torres needed assists, half of Suarez goals he creates himself + even with a previous ban he managed to carry this team for long on his own shoulders...One thing i can´t cope is injustice or different punishment for same incidents by FA...

But most of all we need players like him to attract other big names, without him, nobody would want to come here... He came here to play with Torres, Torres came to play with Gerard etc.. We were LFC that players of big names wanted to join, but we are not anymore, it´s ridicilous to think we are. If we don´t back him and give him feeling he is wanted and especially fight for his rights and complain about the long ban, he will be gone. sadly...

LFC realy have no balls. We are not in position to lose a striker like that... or we might play in bottom half of the table next season...

I could state dozens of 'Special kinds of players' that have graced the Premier League over the last 20 years that haven't embarrassed themselves or more importantly the club they represent.

There is no denying Suarez is exceptional but I am fed up with putting up with his antics because he wins games on his own. And it's disapointing for Brendan Rodgers to claim that Suarez has 'not let him down'.... Really!!! That's exactly what he's done!

No club deserve that. And no club has a divine right to stay in the upper half of the table. I would gladly compete around mid-table if we did it the right way and not Suarez's win at any cost mentality.

Regardless of our or any clubs history, teams win nothing with what they have done in the past. It's time to play and plan for the future and I strongly think we should plan for a team without Suarez.

Who knows what goes on in his head. He may have done this to get out of Liverpool without handing in a transfer request.

That's a pretty sad statement Pipa, im not a Liverpool fan but consider the history of your club!

No player, even Lionel Messi has the right to be bigger than a club like Liverpool.

Wow, I was completely wrong - the FA confirmed they did not take into account previous behavior in this case. Apologies, they typically do.

That's a pretty sad statement Pipa, im not a Liverpool fan but consider the history of your club!

No player, even Lionel Messi has the right to be bigger than a club like Liverpool.

did i say he is? all i´m saying is that he is carrying this team and we can´t afford not to support him...Especially without having someone better to replace and with no money to buy better or even simillar player.. at his current form

+ he is maybe one of last reasons any top player would want to sign for us (not looking on money side of football). In this matter, he is realy more important for us than the money we would recieve. Becouse i doubt we could buy one player that could replace his goals and assist´s.

Suarez in his 3 seasons for LFC:

Games - 74
Goals - 66
Asissts - 23
yellow cards - 25
red cards - 0
bans - 9 matches

Torres in 4 seasons at LFC:

Games - 107
Goals - 93
Asissts - 5
yellow cards - 24
red cards - 0
bans - 0 matches

Wow, I was completely wrong - the FA confirmed they did not take into account previous behavior in this case. Apologies, they typically do.

Of course they didnt. Once the PM got involved the sentence was preset. Trial by media.

Anyway whats done is done, hopefully if he stays he wont do something as stupid to get him with.

I think everyone needs to learn lessons from this, Saurez, The FA and their sliding scale of standards and punishments changing when they feel like, the media and their hysterical hyperbole, fans and their faux hypocrisy outrage and the government, who should be trying to run the country better than they are doing.

did i say he is? all i´m saying is that he is carrying this team and we can´t afford not to support him...Especially without having someone better to replace and with no money to buy better or even simillar player.. at his current form

+ he is maybe one of last reasons any top player would want to sign for us (not looking on money side of football). In this matter, he is realy more important for us than the money we would recieve. Becouse i doubt we could buy one player that could replace his goals and assist´s.

Suarez in his 3 seasons for LFC:

Games - 74
Goals - 66
Asissts - 23
yellow cards - 25
red cards - 0
bans - 9 matches

Torres in 4 seasons at LFC:

Games - 107
Goals - 93
Asissts - 5
yellow cards - 24
red cards - 0
bans - 0 matches

PIPA, I think many people give too much importance to Suarez and his impact. Liverpool will always survive even if the best players leave.

In 1987, Ian Rush who I believe was the greatest ever scorer for Liverpool left to join Juventus. They signed 3 players with the money (Aldridge, Barnes and Beardsley) who more than made up for the loss of Rush.

We sold Robbie Fowler, Michael Owen and in came Baros, Cisse....did we suddenly become bad ??? No we won the CL !!!!!

We sold Torres when we were struggling...did things get worse ...No !!!

....that's because players in the world still want to come to Liverpool....sure we will not get top players, but we still get good players.

So if we got Suarez when Torres left, I am sure we will get good players if Suarez also leaves.

I'm sick of seeing Liverpool being a one-man team, we need to spread the load across players. That is how teams get better.
I like Sturridge, he seems to have a lot of potential. If we sell Suarez and buy 2 good strikers I am sure we will be in the top-7 teams.

We need the management to be more wise when they buy players. The biggest thing is to look for mentality of the player.
There are lots of good talent in the market, we need good scouting and eye for the player.....

Just look at Borussia Dortmund, they keep finding gems of players every year. They lose their big players, but still keep finding better players.

PIPA, I think many people give too much importance to Suarez and his impact. Liverpool will always survive even if the best players leave.

In 1987, Ian Rush who I believe was the greatest ever scorer for Liverpool left to join Juventus. They signed 3 players with the money (Aldridge, Barnes and Beardsley) who more than made up for the loss of Rush.

We sold Robbie Fowler, Michael Owen and in came Baros, Cisse....did we suddenly become bad ??? No we won the CL !!!!!

We sold Torres when we were struggling...did things get worse ...No !!!

....that's because players in the world still want to come to Liverpool....sure we will not get top players, but we still get good players.

So if we got Suarez when Torres left, I am sure we will get good players if Suarez also leaves.

I'm sick of seeing Liverpool being a one-man team, we need to spread the load across players. That is how teams get better.
I like Sturridge, he seems to have a lot of potential. If we sell Suarez and buy 2 good strikers I am sure we will be in the top-7 teams.

We need the management to be more wise when they buy players. The biggest thing is to look for mentality of the player.
There are lots of good talent in the market, we need good scouting and eye for the player.....

Just look at Borussia Dortmund, they keep finding gems of players every year. They lose their big players, but still keep finding better players.

it´s not 80s or 70s anymore... current LFC has much biger competition in the league and in the transfer market, especially in current position domestically and in Europe. Dortmund is exceptional, but at the same time, they are very strong in their own league and have less competition to get to CL than LFC does...

If LFC wanted to buy a talent from Premier League, they either can´t afford him or he would want to join for biger sallary City, Chelsea or United....even Tottenham, but if Dortmund want to buy a top talent from Bundesliga, only Bayern probably can say if they can or can´t...that´s the difference.

to prove my words Eriksen snubed a move...and i think we will have to do a hell of a job to attract players and make them want to sign for us... even more harder not having Suarez. Actually Torres money as many said could been spended on Falcao etc..but it´s not in our power to make such players come and play in Liverpool for LFC anymore....it´s the situation of the club that matters for some as well...

depends on for how much...

but giving the fact we are after more younger players (except rumours of us linked to Williams), i will believe when i see it.

Of course they didnt. Once the PM got involved the sentence was preset. Trial by media.

Anyway whats done is done, hopefully if he stays he wont do something as stupid to get him with.

I think everyone needs to learn lessons from this, Saurez, The FA and their sliding scale of standards and punishments changing when they feel like, the media and their hysterical hyperbole, fans and their faux hypocrisy outrage and the government, who should be trying to run the country better than they are doing.

What load of donkey shit, the media I didn't bite ivanovic, ban well deserved

to prove my words Eriksen snubed a move...and i think we will have to do a hell of a job to attract players and make them want to sign for us... even more harder not having Suarez. Actually Torres money as many said could been spended on Falcao etc..but it´s not in our power to make such players come and play in Liverpool for LFC anymore....it´s the situation of the club that matters for some as well...

I think you are misunderstanding what I'm saying.
I don't think Liverpool can compete with Man U/Chelsea/City when it comes to attracting players like Falcao, Mata, Hazard, etc...

But at the same time we can get players like Daniel Sturridge who left Chelsea, and Coutinho who left Inter to join a Liverpool team who were mid-table with a new manager and without much money to spend.

It's all about being wise in the market and getting good players (not great players) at a decent price.
The talent is out there, we just need to be smart and quick in the scouting department.

I think you are misunderstanding what I'm saying.
I don't think Liverpool can compete with Man U/Chelsea/City when it comes to attracting players like Falcao, Mata, Hazard, etc...

But at the same time we can get players like Daniel Sturridge who left Chelsea, and Coutinho who left Inter to join a Liverpool team who were mid-table with a new manager and without much money to spend.

It's all about being wise in the market and getting good players (not great players) at a decent price.
The talent is out there, we just need to be smart and quick in the scouting department.

yeah i get you, but those players can´t make us win with consistence... i wish they did..but take Suarez, realy a top striker out of this team...and we are screwed..

i know you might say the goals would come from others, they maybe would, but take the fact how many of them were created by Suarez himself and finished himself...

fans who want him out maybe think we can replace him, but those possible 30 milions wouldn´t find us a player like him, becouse he wouldn´t want to sign for us... who would he play with...bunch of youngsters that Rodgers plans to threat with other clubs like Tottenham, Arsenal or Everton...? i mention those, becouse we have no chance against other top teams in long run...we are inconsistent, most of our players are underperforming and we struggle to get out of situation when we lose and have to turn the match, we have ZERO threat from corners and most set pieces not scored by Suarez...

my only hope for good next season is Coutinho and Sturridge realy are a good players...but that won´t make us a good team... we have worst squad than Tottenham atm. and getting level with Everton...wich is alarming for LFC supporters.

heck, some might say Everton team is better, i wouldn´t blame them.

The owners think they can buy players like Coutinho and cut loses in big sallary, basicly all they plan to do is to buy cheep and young players... it might work in 2-3 years from now, or we might end up as Aston Villa or simply become a selling team... becouse top players we have don´t have time to wait, such as Torres didn´t have time to wait for things to happend in this club anymore...

i might talk negative, but i´m realistic, and i see our oponents being stronger each year...but we take one step forward and two steps back since first American owners get in this club and destroyed it.

Last edited:
Excellent post.

Bebo, this is a perfect example wy IMO opinion this is a real fan. Although i'm sure he regrets that is club has to miss the fantastic player that Suarez is for 10 matches, he still can be objective. He has an opinion and can support his opinion with objective arguments. The law works like UJ describes it, so a 10 match ban makes perfectly sense.

Comparing the rules of a football match to real world laws - are you serious? How is that in anyway reasonable?

In real life, the whole point of jail time etc is to reform yourself. Most countries have programs built in plus the general deterrence for laws that for the most part have already been established.

Its nothing like that in football at all - the whole 'what happens on the pitch stays on the pitch'.

Look at players punished for hard tackles for instance - players like Scholes for example (even though I think he is/was a great player) who make tackles like that their entire career and get a chuckle from commentators whenever he does it. Why don't the FA ban him for an extended period of time? He too is a repeat offender. Maybe every time he makes a late tackle like that he should get a red instead of a yellow.

It doesn't happen.

The FA really do know f.a. about how to manage a league etc. Setting a precedent like this for a guy who HAS been getting ostracized in England (compare Terry's ban to Suarez's for 'racism') is what's getting people riled up. If he got a 3-4-5 game ban but then the FA passed a statement and said "after this, we are going to permanently ban biting/punching/kicking players from EPL" wouldn't bother me. But in no way is this 10 game ban reasonable.

Look at players punished for hard tackles for instance - players like Scholes for example (even though I think he is/was a great player) who make tackles like that their entire career and get a chuckle from commentators whenever he does it. Why don't the FA ban him for an extended period of time? He too is a repeat offender. Maybe every time he makes a late tackle like that he should get a red instead of a yellow.

It doesn't happen.

Again the bullsh*t about Paul Scholes. I wish the FA would ban him for every single time he injured a fellow professional. If you'd be kind of enough to list those times, then it would be clear to see that he's a far worse offender than Luis Suarez.

I've watched him for 15 years, and literally the ONLY time I can recall a player having to come off after a Scholes tackle was Zabaleta, in the FA Cup semi-final, last year. Which Scholes was rightly red carded for.

It's like the Keano myth. For some reason LFC supporters always have to involve United players when speaking about this Suarez crap. Paul Scholes doesn't hurt people. So pick an actual dirty player for your analogy. There is no shortage of them.

The owners think they can buy players like Coutinho and cut loses in big sallary, basicly all they plan to do is to buy cheep and young players... it might work in 2-3 years from now, or we might end up as Aston Villa or simply become a selling team... becouse top players we have don´t have time to wait, such as Torres didn´t have time to wait for things to happend in this club anymore...

i might talk negative, but i´m realistic, and i see our oponents being stronger each year...but we take one step forward and two steps back since first American owners get in this club and destroyed it.

You build on the go. Follow the example of Man U, Dortmund, Arsenal. Carefully calculated 'big' buys while building on younger talent - either in your own system or from outside.

You seem unbelievably delusional if you think the American owners "destroyed" Liverpool - they have been on a backwards slide since the spanish exodus, and Commoli and co. literally twiddled with their balls in that time period. At least they have maintained financial stability with calculated cash infusions unlike what Rafa had to deal with under the Gillett + Hicks. I haven't reviewed Liverpool's wages currently but I remember a couple of years ago they had one of the highest wage bills in the world - completely out of proportion to how the squad was performing.

Without a Man City/PSG style cash splurge it WILL take several years to build that - but the future is already looking pretty promising. Honestly, the one guy I don't trust in Brendan Rodgers - he seems at times to want to play his system no matter what (although he has improved in recent games). That said - its a learning experience for him as well.

Liverpool can only get better.

Again the bullsh*t about Paul Scholes. I wish the FA would ban him for every single time he injured a fellow professional. If you'd be kind of enough to list those times, then it would be clear to see that he's a far worse offender than Luis Suarez.

I've watched him for 15 years, and literally the ONLY time I can recall a player having to come off after a Scholes tackle was Zabaleta, in the FA Cup semi-final, last year. Which Scholes was rightly red carded for.

It's like the Keano myth. For some reason LFC supporters always have to involve United players when speaking about this Suarez crap. Paul Scholes doesn't hurt people. So pick an actual dirty player for your analogy. There is no shortage of them.

Ah - so you think punishment should be based on outcomes then?

Suarez didn't harm Ivanovich at all. Then by your logic he shouldn't get a ban either?

Scholes is a late tackler. I think you have to accept that, he gets carded because he doesn't give a f*** about it. He said so himself:
"Scholes: Of course I can tackle - I only crunched players to exact revenge"

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/fo...urse-I-tackle--I-crunched-people-revenge.html

That's a pretty effing revolting attitude tbh. But hey - its Scholes, its OK.

Scholes is a bad tackler.
He never starts his tackles with the intention of harming somebody.
When you bite somebody or when you step on his back then it's pretty obvious you don't go for the ball.

To quote Barry Glendenning in football weekly: i'm a litle bit sick about this discussion about the length of Suarez ban, if you don't want to get banned, don't bite...it's as simple as that.

Scholes tackles might have resulted in injuries but what he wanted to do is part of football, at the end he goes for the ball...i've never seen a player controll the ball or score the ball with his teeth.

What would happen if that happened in the street and it was caught on CCTV.

I am sure the police could get involved and he be prosecuted.

You just don't do something like that

What would happen if that happened in the street and it was caught on CCTV.

I am sure the police could get involved and he be prosecuted.

You just don't do something like that

of course, but there is no single LFC supporter who is angry about the ban, i was fumming at Suarez for doing that just few pages back...but the fans are questioning and are disapointed about the length of this ban, especially giving the fact that other, more dangerous tackles and similar action by other player were dealt with differently... + especially if the FA didn´t look on his previous actions giving him this ban.

but this is coming from a guy that all of us know has a nasty streak in him and will most likely reoffend.

I have seen loads of incidents from him, as would the FA. I know other players do it to but Suarez is the only person to blame for his ban as it has forced their hand.

he is a nasty little shit on the pitch, just the way he is.

no doubting his football talent but as good as he has been for Liverpool as a football player he has also pushed the club back with his antics (harsh way of describing it)

but with all the bad media, setting a bad example to the millions of aspiring kids out there etc.

the amount of games he will now miss for Liverpool, he should not be getting paid for any of them and puts us in a difficult position as a club not only with handling the media but also without our best "impacting" footballer

Luis Suarez its one of most crapy player i know , as much as i hate to say this , his cheating , diving , using racist word to say offend someone for his race , biting etc

he has give all Liverpool a bad name , i try to defend him always but I think its enough guy had to learn something from his past , people are saying that FA its shit and always against Liverpool , yeah and thats ONE MORE reason to don't do what suarez did , I always dislike Manchester united for how they cheat and stuff like like this , I was proud of my team coz we dont have this , but honestly from suarez came we have bean far worst than anyone else , and I dont want my team in such a bad possision , I meet my friends last night (fans of real , chelsea , untied , arsenal) and all of them were talking with "hate" about Liverpool , but a while ago all this guys show respect for our team for our capten and everything , we used to be a respectful team around the world and now because of ONE guy we are loosing respect and being "hated" , as much as a like suarez and I think he's world class striker I think we all should look how the truth stand and be honest , we don't need a cheater , diver , a dog who bite people etc. WE ARE BETTER THAN THIS!

we are on 7th possision , what we need it ? 7 or 10 its same we still can be there without suarez so sell the guy in summer and get ride of him !

I'm dissapointed how Liverpool football team react after all this what suarez has done time after time , at last they are profesional , they represent a lot of people so they should react like professional and ban suarez since evra incident , but we all (team , fans) give him a lot of support that makes him go on with that shit behaviour , now we all should tell him that he can't go on in this way with our team ! we have existed for 100 years without suarez and will exist forever without suarez , there are a lot of talented players who want to wear LFC shirt , just llok at Dirk Kuyt the guy never looked so amazing , but work hard and had a great dissipline , his loved by LFC fans and also respected by other fans

Im looking forward for today's match vs Newcastle and I hope our players think like im thinking now that they dont need suarez and im sure they gonna win this one , if they go to play and thinking we are fucked up coz we dont have suarez than we are really fucked up

oh one more thing I lost a lot of respect for BR too and im not sure his good enough anymore!

thanks to him, otherwise we would be 3rd or 4th from bottom.

That is utter bullshit pipa. With the money Liverpool spend on Suarez they could have bought another player that is maybe not as good as Suarez but could have also scored lots of goals...you do as if Suarez is the only decent forward in the world.

thanks to him, otherwise we would be 3rd or 4th from bottom.

man really ? we would finish on 16 okay ? whats diference of 7 and 16 ? non of them give you CL so its same shit , and if there wasn't suarez we wont play with 10 man , we still would have 11 guys on field !

Back
Top Bottom