Liverpool Thread

I think there are some excellent players we can get on the cheap if Villa and QPR go down

Benteke, Remy, Taraabt

If Liverpool decided to sign Taraabt that'd be a waste of whatever extortionate sum they'd pay for him. He's proved he doesn't have the work ethic and desire to be a Premier League player, and apart from some flashes of skill and brilliance he isn't good enough to play for a club like Liverpool.

If Liverpool decided to sign Taraabt that'd be a waste of whatever extortionate sum they'd pay for him. He's proved he doesn't have the work ethic and desire to be a Premier League player, and apart from some flashes of skill and brilliance he isn't good enough to play for a club like Liverpool.

Well said !

I'm not sure about that.
He has hardly ever had a manager who has some confidence in him. His sort of player should play for better clubs than QPR, perhaps not for big clubs like Liverpool, but certainly not for relegation fodder. He might prove to be fantastic for clubs like WBA, Fulham, Swansea... And maybe even for Liverpool.

I think there are some excellent players we can get on the cheap if Villa and QPR go down

Benteke, Remy, Taraabt

Wouldn't Remy cost a bit? Unless people know something a bout a clause in his contract on being relegated. He was only bought a few months ago!

Benteke is going to somewhere and do well, I like him a lot. Not sure that's a position that Liverpool really need at the moment, seems a better fit for Spurs or Everton imo.

Taraab its version of Assaidi that think he's better than Messi and seems selfish and arrogant attitude !

I'll get Remy for some cheap price , I think he can be good and if QPR s going down to championship than sure he's moving away from there

this Benteke guy I dont know much about havn't see a lot from him tho but from a bit I saw I think he's not for Liverpool , no offence but this players ALWAYS work for teams like Everton never for us tho !

I'm not sure about that.
He has hardly ever had a manager who has some confidence in him. His sort of player should play for better clubs than QPR, perhaps not for big clubs like Liverpool, but certainly not for relegation fodder. He might prove to be fantastic for clubs like WBA, Fulham, Swansea... And maybe even for Liverpool.

That's a very fair point.

I just don't see the consistency within his game that could make him a force for a team like Liverpool. But, as you say, if he had a manager that could instil faith in him then he could prove my notion wrong.

That's a very fair point.

I just don't see the consistency within his game that could make him a force for a team like Liverpool. But, as you say, if he had a manager that could instil faith in him then he could prove my notion wrong.

I'm sure a player like Remy has some clause if QPR are relegated, they can't hold on for a big sum.

I like Remy, he's a good striker, got bags of pace, and is good playing wide as well.
Benteke would be a great signing too.

If we can get both of them for under 10m each, which would be doable if both Villa and QPR go down.

Liverpool Football Club is delighted to announce that Lucas Leiva has signed a new long-term contract.

lucas500b.jpg

http://www.liverpoolfc.com/news/latest-news/lucas-liverpool-is-my-home

Benteke would be a much better n.9 than we have now ...

so would be Remy a better winger than we have in Downing...

both would improve our team and make us better, but i think we have already a n.9 type of player in Sturridge so we should focuss on Gerrard´s replacement that could carry the team to next 10 years, i don´t think that player is already in our team atm.

I think Benteke is benefitting from a) being the only real option up front at Villa (Bent is passed it, imo) and b) first season syndrome you wait next year is make or break, we see so many strikers in this vein: Jelavic, Holt, Cisse(not as strong an example as the others admittedly), Sigurdsson (arguably)!)# the original second season syndrome sufferer Marcus Stewart. I believe Benteke will be among these names soon enough.

As for Remy, imo he will only be good so long as given the hit and hope long ball to chase which has been a noticeable presence in QPR games under redknapp, which is a shame because I liked some of the football he had spurs playing, but I guess a relegation dog fight is a different field to champions league qualifying.

Benteke would be a much better n.9 than we have now ...

so would be Remy a better winger than we have in Downing...

both would improve our team and make us better, but i think we have already a n.9 type of player in Sturridge so we should focuss on Gerrard´s replacement that could carry the team to next 10 years, i don´t think that player is already in our team atm.

If chelsea are willing to sell kevin de bryne i would urge brendan rodgers to spend big on him, he has all the tools to be one of europes best for the next 10 years

haha marcus stewart is a legend though..
and remy is class, his goal vs wigan is probably goal of the season but can liverpool pay him better wages than qpr? i don't know what hes on but its probably high. he deserves to be in premier league, not the championship..

Laudrup on Joe Allen

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/22111776

Laudrup used the £15m sale of Allen to Liverpool as the perfect example of an offer that was too good to turn down.
"He's a very good player, but £15m... when I heard those figures I couldn't believe it," said Laudrup.
"A case like Joe Allen you have to say 'what do we gain by keeping him here if he really wants to go, the money is good and what would we do with that [transfer] money?'
"I think it has been a good deal for Swansea. Joe is a very good player but we got Jonathan de Guzman, who has already scored eight goals and playing the same position.

Ouch !!!!
I hope we don't make any more expensive mistakes like that this summer.

Laudrup on Joe Allen

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/22111776

Laudrup used the £15m sale of Allen to Liverpool as the perfect example of an offer that was too good to turn down.
"He's a very good player, but £15m... when I heard those figures I couldn't believe it," said Laudrup.
"A case like Joe Allen you have to say 'what do we gain by keeping him here if he really wants to go, the money is good and what would we do with that [transfer] money?'
"I think it has been a good deal for Swansea. Joe is a very good player but we got Jonathan de Guzman, who has already scored eight goals and playing the same position.

Ouch !!!!
I hope we don't make any more expensive mistakes like that this summer.

Great start to season. Went a little off form. Playing while struggling with injury too. Very young and years ahead of him. How the hell do you know it will end up being a mistake? He may be superb next few years for all you know.

Great start to season. Went a little off form. Playing while struggling with injury too. Very young and years ahead of him. How the hell do you know it will end up being a mistake? He may be superb next few years for all you know.

It's just my opinion, I don't have a crystal ball.

But he was not worth spending so much money when there were other obvious areas to improve like strikers. To me he was Rodgers' token signing that was not the urgent need of the summer.
Imagine if we had spent that 15m to get a striker like Sturridge or Benteke.
I am sure we would have been higher up the table.

Mental! A goalie who hasnt played for 5 months puts in the goalie performance of the season. Watching Liverpool today felt like pre-season. Good movement and stuff but a concentration level to match.

Liverpool weren't clinical, that's all. Keeper did well but especially the second half, most of it the shot was close to the keeper, hence he was able to save it. He brought a boat load of luck today, he guessed almost everything right, and when he wasn't able to save it, it went past the post.

i miss match as I wasn't home , if someone find a video with full highlights please post it ... seems we miss a lot of chances and again with problem can't score !

EDIT: saw the highlights on BBC right now and its really funny how we didn't score ... special those 3-4 chances we had in last last 5 minutes (Gerrard shot and those 2-3 shots by suarez) would be good in any good day , Liverpool seems to be a great motivation for some keeper , seems we had a lot of great chances and could easy be 4-0 or even more , but from highlights I can see some really good football by us , im glad for this , still believe in work of BR and with few quality players we could be more up than what we are now !

Last edited:
No sign of Kenny Dalglish in those picturesor have i missed him ?
For what he did in the weeks after the tragedy, he deserves are the possible praise, much more than for his achievements in football (and those are phenomenal).

Everton also proves what a class club they are. Maybe a few derbies without sending offs would be possible now ?

PS: I know this isn't the right thread, but the violence after Newcastle-Sunderland proves that there are still some idiots who haven't learned any lesson from what happened at Hillsborough. Those Tyne-Wear derbies and the hatred around them are a shame for football... To punch a horse...can it get any dafter than that. I hope this "man" gets punished for that...blind stupid hatred...

Last edited:
I did miss him then, i'm sorry...

After Newcastle-Sunderland, there were some riots outside the stadium...one Newcastlte attacked a police horse...how daft can one be ?

Back
Top Bottom