Liverpool Thread

Re: Liverpool Thread

i won´t comment on the match untill it´s over but what a mistake by Carragher.... realy childish mistake.

considering the big mistake by Carra i realy can´t say we were not better than Zenit tonight... i though the match is over after Carra´s flop but again we somehow managed to make it attractive untill the end.

With Sturridge we would win this but this is football...

the players were magnificent today, especially Allen, Enrique and Suarez...

now i hope we play like this in league and try to get something out of this season...

congratulations to Zenit btw. I´m happy from Hubočan performance, hope he playes like that for national team as well :)

Very good try, ironic that the hero of Anfield became your downfall though. On another hand, it's probably good that it was Carragher, if any, because he has the balls to handle it.

Suarez stomped that guy towards the end, completely unnecessary to be honest and yet another step away from redemption for the dirty little bastard...

Last edited:

As Ive always said you cant play with Carragher, IMO one of the worst defenders Ive ever seen. A player that has scored more goals against his own team than against the opposition. That sums it all really.
Lets hope next June without him on the team and hopefully bringing a quality CB, we can start a new period.

Ironically i don´t think Carras own goal cost us more than chainging Henderson and Allen for Assaidi and Shelvey in the time we were dominating them... this chainged our game a lot imo..

If it wasn´t Carra, Zenit would have won more at home tbh... shit happens, but you are right about the pressure handling..

congrats to Tottenham btw, that goal was like slap in Lyon´s faces...

As Ive always said you cant play with Carragher, IMO one of the worst defenders Ive ever seen. A player that has scored more goals against his own team than against the opposition. That sums it all really.
Lets hope next June without him on the team and hopefully bringing a quality CB, we can start a new period.

yeah, you are happy about that mistake aren´t you...

Ironically i don´t think Carras own goal cost us more than chainging Henderson and Allen for Assaidi and Shelvey in the time we were dominating them... this chainged our game a lot imo..

If it wasn´t Carra, Zenit would have won more at home tbh... shit happens, but you are right about the pressure handling..

congrats to Tottenham btw, that goal was like slap in Lyon´s faces...

I don't think it was Carragher's fault alone. Just before the ball came to him, it was Gerrard who was approaching a loose ball near the Zenit player. But instead of trying to tackle him or just put the ball away, he blasted it straight at the player and the ricochet flew to Carra, whose mistake resulted in the goal. I think Gerrard had a poor game, his passing was off by a lot.

Also agree in the substitutions. We had just gone 3-1 up, and were not needing too many changes. Also to be honest playing Sterling nowadays just does not make sense....he is so super lightweight and has not much confidence.

Of course not. What s wrong with you ?

What is wrong with ME? ARE YOU READING WHAT YOU WRITE DUDE? are you Liverpool fan at all? seriously...

You are pointing out Carra´s mistake as if no other defender did mistakes in his life. You are saying he is worst you saw, wich is total bullshit or you don´t watch football a lot. I accept criticism of players but enough is enough i think.

Even oposite non LFC or non EPL fans will aknowledge and did aknowledged and respect what Carra did for this club during his 16 years i think in senior team. Even those fans know he belongs to top PL defenders ever in terms of loayality, passion and trophy´s...I´m maybe guessing but, there is not many players in his position that won more for their team in PL than him...

Criticism is ok, but you mention his own goals? realy? in a game where he didn´t scored one? Of course he scored own goals, it happens to defenders defending, especially if they play ALL THEIR LIFE for a club, the numbers can be higher LOGICALLY. You point out his mistakes but forgot about his best performances and about the positives, that for me is totally unfair to the player and to any player, not just him...

for me you just look on one view and forget the other views...wich is realy not objective at all.

482450_571346552878205_436548078_n.jpg

proxy.jpg

Sad to see him crying after MOTM performance and a win basicly...

He deserves to be at the top of world football, hope he will stay with us at least forever though...

Suarez hit two great free-kicks, at the moment our only world-class player. I think he will stay for 1 more year. If we don't get top-4 by next season, he'll be off.

Over the 2 legs, we seemed to be good, narrow defeat in the end on away goals. I think the away defeat was the real problem.

In fact these are our problems:
- consistent defensive mistakes
- not able to handle high-pressing teams
- lack of finishing

Rodgers needs to focus on this a lot more. Our midfield and approach play is really good. What happens at both ends of the field is the problem.

That is the difference between top-4 Champions-league teams, and wannabe top-8 Europa-league teams which we are currently.

Last edited:

lack of finishing is our n.1 problem tbh, especially without Sturridge in the team..if we finished the chances we had in Petersburg, we would be in different position..

Suarez can be world class one match and pretty wastefull in another...

however he is a real top player who needs top players around him to understand his game and support him... he can´t be attacker and also attacking midfielder as today in one... we missed Sturridge tonight, shame he couldn´t play in EL...

You're a total idiot mate. You're obsessed with this nonsense about Carragher's own-goal record, well here's one for you; Carragher has played 727 games for Liverpool and scored 7 league own goals and one in the FA Cup. Rio Ferdinand has made 648 top flight appearances and has scored 6 league own goals. Looking at centre halves and judging them on goals is the most ridiculous thing i've seen ffs.

I'm not a massive fan of Carragher, but your way of looking at it is pretty pathetic, especially based on a certain player you lauded daily like a spoilt brat.

Anyway, disappointed with the result tonight but not the performance, great spirit shown at last. Suarez is utterly amazing. One thing i'll say is that Carragher will get away with his mistake cos of all he's done for Liverpool. Imagine if that was Assaidi or Downing who passed it back, the fan response would be unbelievably different.

Another 'accidental' bit of niceness from everyone's favourite:
Y2lpdKc.gif

Now, with my anti-Suarez glasses that looks to me like he knows exactly what he's doing, but I thought that about the Distin 'challenge' too...

You're a total idiot mate. You're obsessed with this nonsense about Carragher's own-goal record, well here's one for you; Carragher has played 727 games for Liverpool and scored 7 league own goals and one in the FA Cup. Rio Ferdinand has made 648 top flight appearances and has scored 6 league own goals. Looking at centre halves and judging them on goals is the most ridiculous thing i've seen ffs.

I'm not a massive fan of Carragher, but your way of looking at it is pretty pathetic, especially based on a certain player you lauded daily like a spoilt brat.

Anyway, disappointed with the result tonight but not the performance, great spirit shown at last. Suarez is utterly amazing. One thing i'll say is that Carragher will get away with his mistake cos of all he's done for Liverpool. Imagine if that was Assaidi or Downing who passed it back, the fan response would be unbelievably different.
I dont judge him by his own goals, that ´s just one of the things one says.
So it is reciprocal then, because I also think you re a complete idiot.

As a fan of English football it sucks they got kicked out. And I respect the fight they put up,.but as long as that twat of a Suarez pulls shit like today I'll never feel sorry for Pool.

I dont judge him by his own goals, that ´s just one of the things one says.
So it is reciprocal then, because I also think you re a complete idiot.

Erm... you mentioned that he'd scored more own goals than goals and said "That sums it all really." That, my ignorant friend, is where you judged him based on a ridiculous stat. You think i'm an idiot because i don't want to orally pleasure Alberto Aquilani every night. I'm fine with that.

While we're on stats; Carragher has played 150 games in European football. Everton FC have played 71 in their entire history. :SMUG:

Another 'accidental' bit of niceness from everyone's favourite:
Y2lpdKc.gif

Now, with my anti-Suarez glasses that looks to me like he knows exactly what he's doing, but I thought that about the Distin 'challenge' too...

Meh. That was nothing, IMO. On purpose or not. Those two were giving each other cheap shots all night, that wasn't even top 10.

Liverbird, i always thought Carragher was overrated, but he is not as bad as you make him. He has been one of the better EPL CB's for years. Not the world class defender some Liverpool made of him, but he used to be pretty good. He has played too long, but the fact that he steps down himself, is class...

Suarez should be shot, actually that should have been done at WC2010 against Ghana.. I feel pity for Liverpool fans, that have world class player with world class mental problems.. really retarted guy. Like our Denisov, who is good DMF but started to whine about money when Hulk joined.

About the game. Clown opera from Danny and Denisov resulted in first goal from Suarez.. Danny didnt cover the wall, very childish behavior. Second goal - well Lomberts got injury?!?! He would cover that position if not that. Third goal - perfect freekick, very lovely stuff from Suarez.

In the end Hulk 2 goals, Suarez 2 goals. Just as expected )))

Good luck to Liverpool in APL, great stadium and amazing atmosphere!

Suarez should be shot, actually that should have been done at WC2010 against Ghana.. I feel pity for Liverpool fans, that have world class player with world class mental problems.. really retarted guy. Like our Denisov, who is good DMF but started to whine about money when Hulk joined

OMG a Barca fan complaining , get out of here man your team its a fucking groupe of actors worst than suarez so dont blame suarez before you do to your barca cunts

and that against Ghana was NOTHING he dont did anything "wrong" he dont broke anybodys legs , he made hand ball , there was penalty and red card what more you want ?

your FUCKING messi scored with hand and whats happen ? youre proud of him arent you? so stop telling bullshits over here , you barca fan

Back
Top Bottom