Liverpool Thread

Re: Liverpool Thread

Spurs does not play good football under Villas Boas, and goals seems more coincidental than a result of a good plan. Redknapp had many flaws as a coach, mainly that he uses very few players and his few chosen gets extremly tired towards the end of the season, but Spurs played the best football in PL under Redknapp in general. Boas also sold one of the best attacking midfielders in the world, van der Vaart, only to replace him with a bunch of mediocre players.

He can't lean on Bale for an entire season and expect to get a medal for it...

Well ,Redknapp was smart in getting Bale! I think AVB is playing towards Bale`s strength making him look better then what he is. 2 things will happen he will have the confidence to play beyond his ability and the worse he will want to play around better players to be even better. I think most fans fear AVB is campaigning Bale out of leaving.

Redknapp didn't get Bale, it was Juande Ramos or Clive Allen. Bale signed for Spurs in 2007, Redknapp came in 2008. I do not want to sell Bale, but I think he'll leave at one point or another regardless if he's being catered to or not by the manager.

Last edited:

Damien Commolli was the one that bought Bale. Yeah, I cant believe myself neither considering what he did with us.

Redknapp didn't get Bale, it was Juande Ramos or Clive Allen. Bale signed for Spurs in 2007, Redknapp came in 2008. I do not want to sell Bale, but I think he'll leave at one point or another regardless if he's being catered to or not by the manager.

Oh , I didn`t know cheers! not sure why I felt Arry brought him being a wheeler-dealer made the assumption.

'Arry tried to sell Bale to forest for 2m when he was still a left back who went something like 24 games for Spurs wihtout a win.

It was only an injury to Assou Ekotto at a key time brought Bale in back from the cold, or else he'd literally have gone to the the championship.

Makes you wonder...

Oh yeah, I remember when he was seen as a jinx :LOL: every time he played they lost or something (or didn't win). Funny how things change.

This thread used to have some excellent opinions and posters. This seems a long time ago now though.

Now we are talking about Spurs in the Liverpool thread more than Liverpool? :OT:

Maybe because discussions about other teams are the only ones that are a litle bit objective and make sense ?

IMO Bale leaving at the end of this season would be the best thing that could happen to Spurs. They will have lots of money for him and can buy a decent replacement and a good forward. Then this is a team that could compete for the title.

I like Bale, but at the moment (with all the hype surrounding him), Spurs should let him go for a lot of money...

Spurs can afford buying Suarez from Liverpool if they want to, without letting Bale go... so I don't see any good reason to sell him to be honest. Liverpool can't keep hold on their stars in their current condition, the club is hardly a shadow of its former self and it will be hard for them to attract new star players unless they get an oil baron to fund their purchases.

PS. My grandmother is from Liverpool, my father is 50% scouser and doesn't speak a single word of English... it's only natural that I became a Spurs fan.

Last edited:

It's a TRANSITIONAL season, put that in mind people. It's suppose to be like this, it was better during the christmas period and that put expectation abit higher than usual.

LFC team for today: Reina, Johnson, Carragher, Agger, Enrique, Lucas, Gerrard, Henderson, Coutinho, Suarez, Sturridge.

Nope, there was minmal contact and Suarez went down on his own. It was Agustien's own fault though, he shouldn't have been so wild.

Borini is out for the duration of the season according to Rodgers. Good match by LFC, but in all fairness, that Swansea lineup was very weak. Laudrup practically gifted Rodgers three points today...

A win is a win

Wish we had more of these TBH. Too many games we made silly mistakes. Anyway I hope we do strengthen in central-defence, defensive-midfield, and one more good striker, and we should be better next season.

Here are our last 11 games:

Wigan - LFC (win)
LFC - Spurs (lose)
S'ton - LFC (lose)
Villa - LFC (win)
LFC - West Ham (win)
Reading - LFC (draw)
LFC - Chelsea (draw)
Newcastle - LFC (lose)
LFC - Everton (draw)
Fulham - LFC (win)
LFC - QPR (win)

I predict 18 pts out of last 11 games.
That will be 57 pts, which would be an improvement over last season.
Hopefully we can get to 60 pts.

Strange that nobody talks about Coutinho...he was very good.
Promising signs there...
You can't argue with the penalty on Suarez. It was definitely a foul, and a stupid and unnecessary one too...

Nope, there was minmal contact and Suarez went down on his own. It was Agustien's own fault though, he shouldn't have been so wild.

That was definitely a penalty. The defender did an unnecessary challenge and it's all his fault. Just like that Routledge pointless handball. Swansea were truly weak with 7 of their main players resting.

Strange that nobody talks about Coutinho...he was very good.
Promising signs there...
You can't argue with the penalty on Suarez. It was definitely a foul, and a stupid and unnecessary one too...

Coutinho looked really good against Swansea, but i think people are now finally learning from the past, and jumping on a young player after one good game just leads to stupid pressure and petty criticism if he doesn't do as well in his next game. Well, I hope that's the case anyway :LOL:

Look at Joe Allen, good player, looked composed and classy for a month when we signed him, then started to look very tired (understandably IMO after playing in the Olympics and having no real break, and having to carry Shelvey and Gerrard for a month) suddenly the same people who were claiming him to be the next Xabi Alonso were soon putting him in the same bracket as Salif Diao. I think now is a time for patience and not to expect miracles just because we have a couple of good games.

Back
Top Bottom