Liverpool Thread

Re: Liverpool Thread

That does make sense...

Aquilani was not a success and his carreer might be over, but that type of players is easily called "lazy" UJ Supernova...

Glen Hoddle barely made the England team because the managers called him lazy...instead they played hyperactive donkeys who couldn't touch a ball but who were apprediated because they were fighers...That dreadfull Sunderland midfielder is also a fighter (Cattermole)...i prefer the type of player Aquilani, Silva, Mata and Hazard are. People go to the stadium for that type of players, not for poor Lee Cattermole...

You misunderstand me gerd, Aquilani is lazy because he'd rather fake an injury than make an effort for the team. At no point did i say i prefer the old-fashioned clogger to the skillful flair player, i said i expect the players to make the required effort. Aquilani is not willing to do that, so he's lazy.

For the amount of money he was paid and the reputation of the club, his effort was pathetic. Silva, Mata, Hazard all fight for the ball and will track back and win the ball, they give 100% effort to win the game and i'm sure they make the effort in training as well and enjoy football. To the likes of Aquilani it's just a job, do the bare minimum and expect to be picked first anyway. That's a very disappointing attitude for a player with a natural ability to not want to nurture it and go on to be a world beater. Aquilani could have made it to the top, but never had the desire or the work-rate.

Liverpool Thread

I much prefer the footballing type of player. I'm at a loss why a manager picks the workhorses because they are great tacklers and run loads. Well these great tacklers normally give the ball straight back to the opposition. The not so good tackler keeps the ball more than the carthorse so overall, I'd rather have somebody keeping the ball and not giving it away than a ball winner who loses it 2 seconds later anyway.

It's a typical British attitude. Even at amateur level. I'm almost 37 and don't give the ball away. Last game a 19 year old was picked before me (after I had a very good game the previous game) because he's fitter and the club want to see what some of the youngsters are like. He can't keep the ball though but they liked him as he worked hard. Couldn't lace my boots and I told them straight that they are clueless.

Anyway, point is a baller before a mauler every day of the week for me. Acquilani was neither in his time at Anfield though. Anybody who saw any different is fooling themselves. Doesn't make him a bad player but he was poor for The Pool. That cannot be denied... but yeah, let's keep him buried :)

Last edited:

Steve Clarke commented that Dalglish's signings are finally coming good. He has a point, but still I don't agree they were worth even half of what they cost, esp. Caroll.
Enrique is certainly value, Hendo has some potential but not worth 16m.
Downing no way on earth is he worth 20m.
But still good to see them improve over the last few months.
Don't think it will ever happen for Carroll unless he stays at West ham or goes back to the Toon.

There coming good if the target was to get 8th, if they were brought in with ambitions of top 4 then there a failure and will likely continue to be.

Unfortunately I'll be missing the game today... but it will be very interesting to see how Rodgers lines up his squad if Coutinho starts (seems unlikely though). He seems to fit in anywhere along the front, (left, right centre and forward).

Even without him, 4-4-2, 4-3-3, or a 4-2-3-1? Sturridge playing forward or on the wing? What about Borini? DM as Allen or Lucas?

Unfortunately don't see 'Pool reaching a European place this season. Still too many variables in the squad and a general lack of consistency.

apparently:

Reina, Johnson, Carragher, Agger, Enrique, Lucas, Gerrard, Henderson, Shelvey, Downing, Suarez.

when he got injured ? how serious is that ?

It's a thigh injury, not serious apparently and he's expected to be in the team during the trip to Russia for the Europa League tie against Zenit.

I don't think we're gonna score in the 1st half, especially not with Shelvey playing. I can't wait to see Cou in the 2nd half and I think he's the one who can make a difference apart from Suarez and Gerrard.

FUCK ME. Tottaly deserved goal by WBA, great work Steve Clarke. We have X corners and can´t score...This is our problem for years...Set pieces are just zero threat..maybe only with Sami Hyypia we managed to get something... WBA has two or three and scored..

NO EXCUSES, some of these players don´t deserve to play for the club. very very bad and i wait for the explanation of this disasteur. I mean we had possesion, chances, penalty FFS.

SHITE.

Clarke should have stayed imo.

He is a fantastic goalkeeper and did match winning save, not talking about the penalty...

index.php

I was watching match on pub and there were like 40 persons and at last I was having shame what team I'm supporting ! Getting a fucking point away at arsenal and city and losing at home from WBA ? Really ? We are such a shame fucking idiots

Enrique....really good or really bad. (could depends how the wind blows)
Boroni..... I can't even describe what he brings to the table.
downing/Henderson - did ok tonight, didn't want to see Henderson come off

so annoying

Ouch. How good was Foster though?

Also that penalty...I'll just say justice was done.

Gerrard blasted the ball and Foster had to turn and throw his hand out :CONFUSE: and that penalty saved :CONFUSE: . Liverpool were clearly better and most likely to score.

It was really 1 team trying to win and 1 trying to draw. Hard luck! Soaking up the attacks and praying for the backs to push up was the plan.

NO EXCUSES, some of these players don´t deserve to play for the club. very very bad and i wait for the explanation of this disasteur. I mean we had possesion, chances, penalty FFS.

SHITE.

Clarke should have stayed imo.

The return of the ex-coach strikes again !! Now we've had Hodgson and Clarke both come here to Anfield and beat us immediately after they left. What next Rafa to come here with Chelsea and finally Torres will score against us....can't get any more ironic than that.

Suarez deserved his comedy yellow card, and also the ghost penalty....deserved to miss that.
If we can't score from setplay, then that's the coach's fault. These are things that are elementary. Anyway deja vu...with Rodgers speaking about top-4 and then immediately getting a slap in the face.
Swansea and West Brom need to be overcome, before we can set our lofty sights on Spurs/Everton/Arsenal....LOL !

I was watching match on pub and there were like 40 persons and at last I was having shame what team I'm supporting ! Getting a fucking point away at arsenal and city and losing at home from WBA ? Really ? We are such a shame fucking idiots

you have summed us up right there really

this is the most frustrating thing as a LFC fan.

If we would of got the wins we had in our hands on the two tougher game, we could of afforded this slip up.

but it is always to many points dropped, we are not consistent enough.

our passing was really off tonight, we do not look right when Suarez is isolated.

I do like mulumba for WBA he is wasted there

FUCK ME. Tottaly deserved goal by WBA, great work Steve Clarke. We have X corners and can´t score...This is our problem for years...Set pieces are just zero threat..maybe only with Sami Hyypia we managed to get something... WBA has two or three and scored..

Totally deserved? Serious?! They parked the bus. It's up to Liverpool to break them down (and unfortunately they couldn't) but to say WBA totally deserved it is a shocking statement.

If you are ashamed of the team you support then you shouldn't support them. They tried to win but failed. No shame in them at all. Frustration, anger or that type of emotion is fine but shame? Really? Jeez.

It was shameful what BR said after the match.

Point out ONE player who "gave it his all" in that match.

Total BS

I have been critical of Agger for so long BUT he said this on Twitter earlier. Total respect for the guy -

"I agree with most of you. My performance the last 10 minutes of yesterday's game was NOT good enough. It's as simple as that!!!!! -- Daniel Agger (@DanielAgger)"

Can't ask for more than that. If they all looked in the mirror perhaps we'd improve as a team.

I have been critical of Agger for so long BUT he said this on Twitter earlier. Total respect for the guy -

"I agree with most of you. My performance the last 10 minutes of yesterday's game was NOT good enough. It's as simple as that!!!!! -- Daniel Agger (@DanielAgger)"

Can't ask for more than that. If they all looked in the mirror perhaps we'd improve as a team.

Nah, you'd be better punting Henderson, Downing, Allen and Shelvey, god knows how much they cost collectively but by god they are awful.

FD

Back
Top Bottom