Liverpool Thread

Re: Liverpool Thread

Glad Carragher is retiring, he should have done that 3-4 years ago in my opinion. I hope Rodgers makes the next buy good, we cant afford to keep making questionable buys.

Hello guyz
I think we need Good DMF(Defensive midfielder).
our problem always was> Not being powerfull DMF
after xabi alonso and mascherano we have all times problem in this position
using Stivie G. in mdf isnot good - he should helping attackers

WHAT ِDO YOU THINK?

All Carra's Medal for all to see at Anfield.
jc.jpg

Well, to be honest Italian players have mostly flopped in Premier League with some notable exceptions such as Zola, DiCanio, Vialli etc.

And I don't think that is the case with Borini who has had previous Premier League experience and has been hit with an injury this season that kept him out for so long. He's doing his best to recover from that injury. In 2-3 years time we'll see the best from him, he's got a lot of potential.

Kelly commits future to Reds
8th Feb 2013 - Latest News

kellyayre263.jpg

Liverpool Football Club is delighted to announce that defender Martin Kelly has committed his long-term future to the club by signing a new contract.
martin kelly, ian ayre

The 22-year-old put pen to paper on the deal on Friday afternoon and shortly after signing, he told Liverpoolfc.com: "I'm delighted to have signed. It means everything to me and my family. I've been at Liverpool since I was seven, so it's in my heart and I love the club.

"When you play in the Liverpool shirt, you have to show the fans what it means. I just love playing and trying my hardest for the supporters and for my family.

"Being a Liverpool supporter myself, it's brilliant to put the shirt on and I'm doing what I have loved doing since I was a kid. I'm over the moon.

"Today shows the faith that the club have in me and that the hard work I have put in since I was young has paid off. Hopefully I'll put the injuries behind me. We have excellent medical staff here, who are going to work me and keep me on top of my injury. I'll be coming back even stronger."

Born in Whiston, Kelly is a product of the Academy and has notched 54 appearances since making his full debut against Lyon in October 2009 during a Champions League group-stage game.

One of the highlights of the young full-back's career so far came in November 2011 when he nodded his first Liverpool goal at Stamford Bridge in the Carling Cup quarter-final.

He travelled to Euro 2012 with England having made his debut as a substitute in a friendly with Norway in May last year.

Kelly joins the likes of Luis Suarez, Martin Skrtel, Daniel Agger, Jonjo Shelvey and Raheem Sterling, who have all signed new contracts at Anfield since the arrival of Brendan Rodgers.

Liverpool's managing director Ian Ayre said: "It's fantastic news and it runs on from various other players who have committed to us.

"I think everybody has been starting to see and enjoy Martin's potential and the work he has showed to get into the first team and these are the things we are looking for.

"He was very unfortunate to get his injury but he has worked very hard with the physios and the medical team and hopefully we'll see him back soon.

"Signing him up for the long term is very important for us."

http://www.liverpoolfc.com/news/latest-news/kelly-commits-future-to-reds

Well, to be honest Italian players have mostly flopped in Premier League with some notable exceptions such as Zola, DiCanio, Vialli etc.

And I don't think that is the case with Borini who has had previous Premier League experience and has been hit with an injury this season that kept him out for so long. He's doing his best to recover from that injury. In 2-3 years time we'll see the best from him, he's got a lot of potential.

I'd forgotten about Borini :LOL: I was merely taking the piss out of Liverbird who was obsessed with Aquilani.

no please no Aquilani talk anymore aaaarrrrgghhhh :D

sometimes transfers are more complicated than in football manager wich was Aquilani´s case..

no please no Aquilani talk anymore aaaarrrrgghhhh :D

sometimes transfers are more complicated than in football manager wich was Aquilani´s case..

That's fair enough. Didn't realise it was a repeated point. I'm a member of another forum and one fool keeps bringing Benitez up every few weeks. He's like a broken record. Same thing over and over. Does my head in.

Ah come on Pipa, it's funny seeing how deluded Liverbird is :LOL:
Usually managers dont appreciate that kind of players. Players like him or Juan Roman Riquelme that are pure quality and technique and dont like to train arent favourised by managers.
But how can I explain that to a guy that idolise Carragher, one of the worst defenders Ive ever seen in my life.

Liverbird, Carragher is Liverpool FC legend ;) no matter if you like it or not.

The more i read your post´s, the more i think you have no clue about this club.. sorry.

Liverbird, Carragher is Liverpool FC legend ;) no matter if you like it or not.

The more i read your post´s, the more i think you have no clue about this club.. sorry.
I dont care about what the majority of Liverpool fans think, I dont care if Carragher played all his career at Liverpool, I dont care if he came from the academy, I never rated Carragher and never will, no matter what sentimental bullshit only good for marketing are going to be said.
Carragher has never been one of the best defenders of the world and not even close to them, never, and that is a fact. Anyone that is not a Liverpool is going to agree with me.

Usually managers dont appreciate that kind of players. Players like him or Juan Roman Riquelme that are pure quality and technique and dont like to train arent favourised by managers.
But how can I explain that to a guy that idolise Carragher, one of the worst defenders Ive ever seen in my life.

Hope you don't mean me, because I've never idolised Jamie Carragher, i thought he had a great couple of seasons under Benitez but was overrated by Liverpool fans because he's a local lad. To say he's one of the worst defenders you've ever seen is pretty pathetic though because you clearly know it's not true.

And as for your first point, you can't honestly sit there and defend lazy players and say it's the managers fault. Why should a manager tolerate a player who can't be arsed doing his job when there's no cameras on him, When there are players giving 100% at all times? Aquilani's attitude is poor and his fake injuries/illnesses proved that during his time at Liverpool. I'm all for technique and flair, one of my favourite Liverpool players was Luis Garcia, but i bet he also gave 100% in training as well as on the pitch. In the derby one year Liverpool had used all three subs and he got injured before half time, he still came out and played the second half with an injured ankle because he knew the team needed him on the pitch, can you really see Aquilani doing that? Cos i know for a fact he'd be laying on the physio table thinking only of himself.

I dont care about what the majority of Liverpool fans think, I dont care if Carragher played all his career at Liverpool, I dont care if he came from the academy, I never rated Carragher and never will, no matter what sentimental bullshit only good for marketing are going to be said.
Carragher has never been one of the best defenders of the world and not even close to them, never, and that is a fact. Anyone that is not a Liverpool is going to agree with me.

ok, it´s your view..perhaps you were angry last ten years + everytime you saw him in the lineup and were dreaming why we don´t buy Ayala or someone else instead of that Carragher who didn absolutely nothing right and when he did, it was just luck right?

..I wonder what made you support the club, becouse if it wasn´t the heroics of our players either in Istanbul or in pre Istanbul finals where Jamie gave his all, then i realy don´t know..

I support LFC for 13 years now following the team results and games, Jamie was in the club for more than that and i recognised him before i started to follow the club..

So i realy wonder what made you support the club if not the club players?

Your comments to me sound like if i had to argue with a non-LFC supporting guy who never saw a full match but knows all about how shite were our players that btw won more silverware in noughties , than most of other current PL players except maybe United´s or Arsenals, or Chelseas, but without having a suggar dady behind them...

Nevermind, i don´t realy see the logic in your supporting of the club, becouse you either remember LFC from before, or your idealistic dream of how this club should be run or suposed to be run and what players should we sign to win the league immediately is only in your own mind. You simply base your idealistic thoughts on fantasy. What IF? that´s your view. Mine is WE are what we are and we learn from mistakes. WHAT IF doesn´t exist to me.

The club had it´s ups and downs through the years... If you don´t acknowledge the good times and only view bad in everything, than why do you even support the club that made Aquilani go away and not signed with him for next 10 years?

After all, he was by far the most talented Italian that ever played for LFC...

Hope you don't mean me, because I've never idolised Jamie Carragher, i thought he had a great couple of seasons under Benitez but was overrated by Liverpool fans because he's a local lad. To say he's one of the worst defenders you've ever seen is pretty pathetic though because you clearly know it's not true.

And as for your first point, you can't honestly sit there and defend lazy players and say it's the managers fault. Why should a manager tolerate a player who can't be arsed doing his job when there's no cameras on him, When there are players giving 100% at all times? Aquilani's attitude is poor and his fake injuries/illnesses proved that during his time at Liverpool. I'm all for technique and flair, one of my favourite Liverpool players was Luis Garcia, but i bet he also gave 100% in training as well as on the pitch. In the derby one year Liverpool had used all three subs and he got injured before half time, he still came out and played the second half with an injured ankle because he knew the team needed him on the pitch, can you really see Aquilani doing that? Cos i know for a fact he'd be laying on the physio table thinking only of himself.
Ok, you replying like you did after i said I was glad he was retiring suggest otherwise but anyway ...
I didnt read that Aquilani part .. im tired talking about it ..

ok, it´s your view..perhaps you were angry last ten years + everytime you saw him in the lineup and were dreaming why we don´t buy Ayala or someone else instead of that Carragher who didn absolutely nothing right and when he did, it was just luck right?

..I wonder what made you support the club, becouse if it wasn´t the heroics of our players either in Istanbul or in pre Istanbul finals where Jamie gave his all, then i realy don´t know..

I support LFC for 13 years now following the team results and games, Jamie was in the club for more than that and i recognised him before i started to follow the club..

So i realy wonder what made you support the club if not the club players?

Your comments to me sound like if i had to argue with a non-LFC supporting guy who never saw a full match but knows all about how shite were our players that btw won more silverware in noughties , than most of other current PL players except maybe United´s or Arsenals, or Chelseas, but without having a suggar dady behind them...

Nevermind, i don´t realy see the logic in your supporting of the club, becouse you either remember LFC from before, or your idealistic dream of how this club should be run or suposed to be run and what players should we sign to win the league immediately is only in your own mind. You simply base your idealistic thoughts on fantasy. What IF? that´s your view. Mine is WE are what we are and we learn from mistakes. WHAT IF doesn´t exist to me.

The club had it´s ups and downs through the years... If you don´t acknowledge the good times and only view bad in everything, than why do you even support the club that made Aquilani go away and not signed with him for next 10 years?

After all, he was by far the most talented Italian that ever played for LFC...
I dont have to explain to you why I am a Liverpool fan and I dont care if is being poorly run, Im still a Liverpool fan and Im pretty sure everyone in this forum feel the same, so I dont understand why you bring something like that up.
Remember Pipa, not everyone is like you. I have my own opinion independently of what Liverpool management decide to do. I always thought Dalglish was a poor manager so I wasnt go to change my opinion because he was our manager. Same goes to Carroll and other transfers. Just because Im a Liverpool fan doesnt mean I have to like everything we do.
I support the club, not the players, not the manager and not the management ...

I support the club, not the players, not the manager and not the management ...

You're contradicting yourself, how can you support the club without supporting the players & manager? The club is the players and manager and everybody associated with the LFC crest.

No, Im not contradicting. I support the club, I want every manager and every player to do well, but not because they work for LFC that means I like them or think they are good at their jobs.

No, Im not contradicting. I support the club, I want every manager and every player to do well, but not because they work for LFC that means I like them or think they are good at their jobs.

That does make sense...

Aquilani was not a success and his carreer might be over, but that type of players is easily called "lazy" UJ Supernova...

Glen Hoddle barely made the England team because the managers called him lazy...instead they played hyperactive donkeys who couldn't touch a ball but who were apprediated because they were fighers...That dreadfull Sunderland midfielder is also a fighter (Cattermole)...i prefer the type of player Aquilani, Silva, Mata and Hazard are. People go to the stadium for that type of players, not for poor Lee Cattermole...

Back
Top Bottom