Liverpool Thread

Re: Liverpool Thread

That's funny, good job.

I don't think Liverpool fans want Rodgers and Suarez to leave, it would be the last thing they would want right now.

Speaking of Suarez, I'm afraid he might leave this summer for Bayern given the rumours that Guardiola has made him a nr.1 target.

And the sad fact is that without Suarez(and Gerrard), Liverpool is a mid-table team at best.

Last edited:

That's funny, good job.

I don't think Liverpool fans want Rodgers and Suarez to leave, it would be the last thing they would want right now.

Speaking of Suarez, I'm afraid he might leave this summer for Bayern given the rumours that Guardiola has made him a nr.1 target.

And the sad fact is that without Suarez(and Gerrard), Liverpool is a mid-table team at best.

You can't say that though. Top players leave all the time you might have a player that can push through. I say what's more valuable cheese you like but can't stomach it or cheese you dont prefer but can stomach it.

Good thing is you will get 40 million + for Suarez.

Rodgers can raid Swansea for Michu and Williams then ;)

You can't say that though. Top players leave all the time you might have a player that can push through. I say what's more valuable cheese you like but can't stomach it or cheese you dont prefer but can stomach it.

Love the 'cheesy' analogy :APPLAUD:

You're obsessed with cheese!

I hope the oposite, nobody will learn by sitting on bench..but they should be loaned and prove themselfs... just like any other players who are still very young..

it´s hard to criticise players who are very young as Robinson, Wisdom, Sterling, Shelvey or Borini... but there should be at least some quality and spirit... otherwise they can´t play for Liverpool.

Sterling imo will be overplayed at some point if we continue overusing him all the time...i hope he won´t end up like Owen who was burned out with 25 and injured a lot...

Allen wasn´t good either, he had shocking first half...one player who was consistent and performed untill the end is Henderson for me. The lad will be great player for us i believe. Skrtel couldn´t do anything about the own goal, it was Coates who made mistake and had realy bad game..he seem lost at some part of the game.. he needs to step up badly, loan will be necessary in his case.. it´s certain we will loan him imo..

I think Rodgers is also partly to blame by playing so many non-first teamers in defence. Why did he treat the FA cup lightly in that regard?

I think Rodgers is also partly to blame by playing so many non-first teamers in defence. Why did he treat the FA cup lightly in that regard?

don´t know, i was asking myself that same question...perhaps he underrated Oldham or overrated our youth... i thought that team would be good perhaps for League Cup...but not FA Cup that honestly everyone is fighting for their lives to get a result against biger side... we were not fighting, Oldham deserved the win..

I don´t know if our owners see this as the only way, but we can´t turn to second Arsenal with all those youngsters..

Rodgers was most of the time a straight forward manager, will not hide the facts and be straight on what he wants in front of the players and the media (and of course the media's having a field day because of this). He challange players to prove him wrong, managers can go one way or the other.

Rodgers talks too much and is full of old cliches.

He's cheesey and I can see the David Brent comparisons now.

He's definitely conming across as very inexperinced at the top level now as well.

Rodgers talks too much and is full of old cliches.

He's cheesey and I can see the David Brent comparisons now.

He's definitely conming across as very inexperinced at the top level now as well.

So what should he do when asked a question by the media? Say bullsh*t / no comment? He has to say something whether he really means it or not, just to bring a positive reaction from the lads whom he AND us fans dissapointed about.

As he said, he put out a team that he thought would be good enough to win but the performance wasn't there, and he said it plain and square with a warning at the end, asking for responsibility from those who wears the red shirt.

He's a young manager with an old hand style of talking to people. Cheesy? Call it matured & straight forward responses. You might not like it but I'm satisfied with his answers. Now how would an "experienced" manager would deal with it? Don't think experience has anything to do with it really.

Rodgers coming across an amateur now. Blaming everyone else for his bad decisions.

I cant see him lasting long at Liverpool. I give him one more season after this and he'll be gone.

Quote me in your signatures - I'm right on this one

http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/2013/jan/28/brendan-rodgers-liverpool-youngsters

Just say you manage a team at some point. You pick a team that should be good enough to beat a teams leagues below you. They lose. Is that your fault? No way is it! Those players that went out there and performed poorly need a kick up the ass!!! I'm happy with what he said. They should have won comfortably but played shit.

Put in another way, whenever I play, it's me who plays good or bad. It has fuck all to do with the manager how I perform. Managers get too much credit at times but also get too much stick when players play shit. They instruct you to do your job and motivate you but if you can't raise your game or pass or shoot well enough then you can't say that's all down to the manager. Players need to take responsibility. I'm glad he said they were shit. No point licking their bullet holes when they don't deserve to wear the shirt after performing the way they did.

Massive game at the Arsenal, hoping we can win. We can't afford to play like we did at Old Trafford for the first 60 minutes.

Got a feeling our defense is in for a torrid time.

Just say i'm a young player who never plays. Then i can start in an FA CUP tie where i've got everything to loose. I had to play against a lower league team that plays '80's football and this on an 80's pitch, one i'm not used to because i've always played on these marvelous academy pitches.
I play in a team that has never played together and from the beginning i feel that whatever we try, it just doesn't click. On top of that this other team plays a kind of football that is totally new for me and there isn't any time adjust....

In the end we loose this match. I'm gutted because i realised that this unfair "chance" (which isn't a real chance) will be seen as maybe my last chance. The fans who are fickle like all fans (and who are like usual, wrong, but i can't mention that) blame our team, to them we just are not good enough (and what do they know ?) and then on top of that i read the paper the day after and what do i see: my manager criticizes me and my one time team mates openly...

I would be gutted...

Do you think these players lost that match on purpose ? Do you think they didn't try enough ? Well, then you are wrong.

I really liked Brendan Rodgers (Swansea), but i'm not so sure anymore (remember the envelopes, that maffia-style thing was for me a first sign that i might be wrong). What he did yesterday was a big mistake.

Loosing that Cup tie isn't the end of the world.

Just say i'm a young player who never plays. Then i can start in an FA CUP tie where i've got everything to loose. I had to play against a lower league team that plays '80's football and this on an 80's pitch, one i'm not used to because i've always played on these marvelous academy pitches.
I play in a team that has never played together and from the beginning i feel that whatever we try, it just doesn't click. On top of that this other team plays a kind of football that is totally new for me and there isn't any time adjust....

In the end we loose this match. I'm gutted because i realised that this unfair "chance" (which isn't a real chance) will be seen as maybe my last chance. The fans who are fickle like all fans (and who are like usual, wrong, but i can't mention that) blame our team, to them we just are not good enough (and what do they know ?) and then on top of that i read the paper the day after and what do i see: my manager criticizes me and my one time team mates openly...

I would be gutted...

Do you think these players lost that match on purpose ? Do you think they didn't try enough ? Well, then you are wrong.

I really liked Brendan Rodgers (Swansea), but i'm not so sure anymore (remember the envelopes, that maffia-style thing was for me a first sign that i might be wrong). What he did yesterday was a big mistake.

As usual Gerd, your post is a well thought out, intelligent reply.

Always enjoy reading your thoughts on here. :APPLAUD:

I would be gutted...

Good intelligent post as always. But what if you told your best player to f*ck off after such a shocking performance ??

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u16FwhdZhDg

Last edited:

Just say you manage a team at some point. You pick a team that should be good enough to beat a teams leagues below you. They lose. Is that your fault? No way is it! Those players that went out there and performed poorly need a kick up the ass!!! I'm happy with what he said. They should have won comfortably but played shit.

Put in another way, whenever I play, it's me who plays good or bad. It has fuck all to do with the manager how I perform. Managers get too much credit at times but also get too much stick when players play shit. They instruct you to do your job and motivate you but if you can't raise your game or pass or shoot well enough then you can't say that's all down to the manager. Players need to take responsibility. I'm glad he said they were shit. No point licking their bullet holes when they don't deserve to wear the shirt after performing the way they did.

I disagree. He is the one who picked the team and got the tactics wrong.

A manager shouldnt critisize his players in public, its something to do in the dressing room.

I would be gutted...

Yes you would be gutted but man up, and get on with it. Players aren't little babies Gerd. Rodgers isn't stupid just to judge them on Sunday's game. They should have "I'll show you attitude" and that is what he is trying to get out of it in my opinion. Look at Downing. He told him he could go. He has been playing much better lately and is starting a lot of games now. It depends on how you rise to the occasion. If they don't then get rid. There is nothing wrong with what he said.

Liverpool have underperformed for too long. Nothing wrong with a change in how to deal with it now and then. It might even work but who knows. Time will tell.

Last edited:

8423659288_ca605e3050_z.jpg

i hope against Arsenal we will be the oposite as against Oldham...

this players better start performing.. we can perform, we only break down if pushed...must be in the heads i think..

I would be gutted...

I understand what you're saying gerd, but there's a lot of excuses in there for the players. At the end of the day they're professional footballers, who are supposedly playing in the best league in the world, these "kids" are the backup to the first team of Liverpool FC and therefore should be good enough to turn up agaist Oldham.

Take Coates for example, he has played in the first team more than 20 times, he's 6'5", he was getting beaten in the air throughout the whole game. There was a huge lack of discipline from the young players against Oldham, made obvious by Robinson who made a half decent run, had players in good positions in the box but decided to shoot from a stupid angle and wasted the chance, when his captain Luis Suarez remonstrated with him for wasting his chance, what was his reaction? Did he accept responsibility for the mistake like a professional? No, he shouted "fuck off" like a spoilt kid who doesn't like being told off. That's a really bad sign. They think they've made it, they thnk they're gonna be at the top already, hence the arrogance.

Anyway, onto tonight. Lets just say if we play like we did against Oldham i'm glad i'm in work tonight.

I fancy Liverpool to get at least a draw tonight.

Think you'll set up to counter attack Arsenal.

Back
Top Bottom