Liverpool Thread

Re: Liverpool Thread

Totally agree about the fact that Rodgers needs to start with this lineup in midfield and attack. Both Henderson and Sturridge are showing they deserve to start the games.
Sterling/Suso/Allen/Borini are young squad players that can come off the bench if needed.

Only if we had signed Sturridge instead of Carroll, imagine what may have happened last year....we may not have spent money on Downing and Adam for sure since he was bought to provide service to Carroll. But things work out for good, hopefully this will be start of something good. If we can add some steel in midfield, we would become tough to beat.

Newcastle are struggling, hope they take Andy Carroll back for 20m !

andy carroll is worth about 5mil

He's still young and has got the skills to be a good striker, tbh
Borini makes a great option to come off the bemch now he'll come good.

well honestly I dont see he got skills , he dont have technique and its not even a goalscorer but hope he will be good as sub. can't see him starting !

@ lfc albania

Borini's played about 20min after 3 months out...and is still getting used the a new, far more physical league. Give the guy a chance....in the same way Sturridge is already a "good" transfer after two tap-ins and another goal against a team so low down in the leagues Im not even sure they are in it.

its not about this matchs man , its from when he came , he just seems not quality to me !

and Sturridge "good" coz he already score 3 on 3 matchs , and last week was vs top team on league United , he changed the match and he already is showing he can be important to us , better 3 goals in 3 matchs than 6 goals in 18 months like Carroll so this is what i mean good , plus guy got some skills and great technique , we have way much more space forward with him , im really exited about him seeing more Suarez Sturridge starting

LOL so true , even when we bought him he was maybe 10m

that is the sad truth. For a club like Liverpool to make such a blunder in the transfer market, has set us back big time.
The likes of Chelsea can afford to do that, not us.

Hopefully the team and Rodgers show enough this season to warrant better spending in the summer.

Last edited:

that is the sad truth. For a club like Liverpool to make such a blunder in the transfer market, has set us back big time.
The likes of Chelsea can afford to do that, not us.

Hopefully the team and Rodgers show enough this season to warrant better spending in the summer.

yep they need a new gk,cb,lb,dm and a couple of wingers

id go for

vorm(swansea)
dede (vasco de gama)
shaw(southampton)
bender (leverkusen)
chadli (fc Twente)
mertens (psv)

all young(apart from vorm) and all playing at "smaller" club so moving to liverpool would be a step up

Last edited:

Reina has only nose injury that´s why he didn´t play today..but Vorm and also Malaga´s Caballero are my favourites if we want to replace Reina at some point.

today in gif´s:

1:0 Henderson:
untitled-448dtd.gif

2:0 Suarez:
135860989911.gif

3:0 Sturridge:
184ea458d9417b8adac77bbf226162a5_large

and celebration:
135861237146.gif

4:0 Gerrard:
iBpU0YDU73O62.gif

5:0 Norwich defender:
ieqfvwYrfwBLw.gif

it´s to early to talk about possible top 4 spot...we should aim to win as much matches with clean sheet.. as today.. + there is still Europa League matches to come..

if we could have Sneijder for Arsenal......... but it won´t happend :/

i think we still need a top midfielder to cover for Lucas, he seem tired at the end of today´s match..
Sneijder would be an awful buy

yep they need a new gk,cb,lb,dm and a couple of wingers

id go for

vorm(swansea)
dede (vasco de gama)
shaw(southampton)
bender (leverkusen)
chadli (fc Twente)
mertens (psv)

all young(apart from vorm) and all playing at "smaller" club so moving to liverpool would be a step up
Someone has been playing FM ahaha

Sick of hearing about experience vs youth. It doesn't matter how old the players are that we buy, as long as they have the quality to play for us. I had a similar discussion with a mate of mine about 4-5 years ago when he said "we shouldn't be buying young players, we should be after experienced international players" to which i replied "yeh i agree mate, Voronin and Jovanovic were excellent additions to the team."

The hilarious part is that most of the people who are saying we should be buying experienced players are the same people who want Downing (29) out and wanted rid of Charlie Adam and Joe Cole. I'm not defending those three players, far from it, but they're all experienced internationals.

Anyway, excellent performance today, about time we took advantage like that. Yeh it was Norwich, but fuck it you've got to beat the team in front of you, and we needed to prove that the first half against United was out of our system, which we did well. Excited about Sturridge and Suarez together, and Downing is playing really well at the minute as well, same goes for Henderson (who i personally rate and have high hopes for).

Sick of hearing about experience vs youth. It doesn't matter how old the players are that we buy, as long as they have the quality to play for us. I had a similar discussion with a mate of mine about 4-5 years ago when he said "we shouldn't be buying young players, we should be after experienced international players" to which i replied "yeh i agree mate, Voronin and Jovanovic were excellent additions to the team."

The hilarious part is that most of the people who are saying we should be buying experienced players are the same people who want Downing (29) out and wanted rid of Charlie Adam and Joe Cole. I'm not defending those three players, far from it, but they're all experienced internationals.

I am fairly sure that when people say "experienced players" the "quality" is assumed. Voronin and Jovanovic are bad examples, because they were bad buys in the typical Liverpool tradition as of late. There are also many examples of young talents being bought that never really become anything but 2nd and 3rd division squad players, not specifically aiming at LFC with that last one.

Anyone defending LFC's completely lack of talent in the transfer market is either dense or wearing very thick LFC glasses. I'm not saying every buy is completely bollocks, because it's only natural that you catch some game when you shoot with a scatter gun. 1-2 good players out of 10-12 high profile purchases is nothing other than pathetic.

Season - Well spent money - Wasted money
2012 - Sturridge (£12,000,000) - £25,500,000
2011 - Coates, Jose Enrique (£5,000,000) - £29,000,000
2010 - Suarez (£22,800,000) - ~£80,000,000
1009 - Glen Johnson, Shelvey (£19,700,000) - £22,000,000

And if we go further back, it only gets worse for LFC.

Last edited:

Anyway, excellent performance today, about time we took advantage like that. Yeh it was Norwich, but fuck it you've got to beat the team in front of you, and we needed to prove that the first half against United was out of our system, which we did well. Excited about Sturridge and Suarez together, and Downing is playing really well at the minute as well, same goes for Henderson (who i personally rate and have high hopes for).

Nobody is saying we should only buy experienced players. What we need are good experienced players along with good young players, instead of the FSG policy which don't even consider players like Dempsey or Sneijder. Even Gerrard and Rodgers said that we need a few more experienced players instead of just buying youth.

I doubt of any Liverpool fan can judge Jovanovic, how many matches did he play for you, 10 ?
You can't judge a player in such a short amount of matches...

I doubt of any Liverpool fan can judge Jovanovic, how many matches did he play for you, 10 ?
You can't judge a player in such a short amount of matches...

yet some fans already judge Borini after playing some minutes after his injury return..

it´s all relative.. all teams gamble on signings and you could make a list of fail signins to all the teams.. LFC are not the team to buy players as if the players were joining the team automatically without any other competition in mega rich clubs.. we buy and had to buy second choices most of the time, or even third Rafa wanted.. We had luck Torres only option was LFC that time and with Suarez who is mega talented player we made a bargain buy from today´s perspective..

Other great buy´s are often not considered.. some of our first team players were not as much expensive and they play untill today..

Liverpool is a club that also had to sell players and they generated a lot of money income to be able to spend.. our net spend is not that bad..it´s just those players who should start performing much earlyer, like Downing or Henderson.. Carroll was massive mistake and the likes of Adam, Voronin or Jovanovic might not be bad players, but they came in wrong time or had wrong circumstances.. every team buy´s players like that.. not all players are good buy´s... but it´s about LFC that everyone is pointing this out, becouse we can´t afford mistakes like that as much as City (Sinclair, Johnson......) and Chelsea (Marin, Schevchenko, Torres..........) can.

Gerrard is a legend, but i don´t agree on all his football options..

would he love Sneijder here knowing he get´s more than him a week? if so...ok.

I wont get excited over this result, unless liverpool can beat team from the top 10 in the league they have no chance of claiming fourth

very true.

Its the hallmark of typical a midtable team really. Beating the teams at the bottom half of table whilst struggling against the teams above you.

Liverpool looked good yesterday though but lets not forget you always score lots past them.

I will judge Liverpool after you've played Arsenal and Man City next. Then we'll get a really good conclusion of where LFC are at right now.

Sneijder isn't going to Liverpool, deal to Galatasaray is 99% done.

very true.

Its the hallmark of typical a midtable team really. Beating the teams at the bottom half of table whilst struggling against the teams above you.

Liverpool looked good yesterday though but lets not forget you always score lots past them.

I will judge Liverpool after you've played Arsenal and Man City next. Then we'll get a really good conclusion of where LFC are at right now.

Why all this fuss about who we beat?
A win is a win and it doesn't matter whether is Man UTD or Norwich.
Let me just remind you that 2 seasons ago we beat all the big guns Arsenal, Man UTD, Chelsea but we lost against smaller teams and we finished were we are right now.

Sturridge is looking like an excellent buy so far. Suarez is more technically gifted but along w his ability to work in tight spaces and Sturridge s rush on goal it seems it has added a whole new dimension to pool's attack.

very true.

I don't think many Liverpool fans on this forum expect top-4 at this point. Looking at the table we are 7 points behind Spurs and we have teams like Everton and Arsenal just above us.
For me honestly, if we get that Europa spot of 5th, it will be a successful season. If we go far in Europa or FA cup, that's a bonus.

Even getting 5th will be very hard since both Everton and Arsenal are not easy to beat, we need to go to Emirates, Etihad which are going to be very hard games. If we avoid defeat there then I think we have a chance of 5th spot.

4th is out of question for me, since Spurs are in great form and will not drop too many points.

I don't think many Liverpool fans on this forum expect top-4 at this point. Looking at the table we are 7 points behind Spurs and we have teams like Everton and Arsenal just above us.
For me honestly, if we get that Europa spot of 5th, it will be a successful season. If we go far in Europa or FA cup, that's a bonus.

Even getting 5th will be very hard since both Everton and Arsenal are not easy to beat, we need to go to Emirates, Etihad which are going to be very hard games. If we avoid defeat there then I think we have a chance of 5th spot.

4th is out of question for me, since Spurs are in great form and will not drop too many points.

good post I agree with all that.

Nobody is saying we should only buy experienced players. What we need are good experienced players along with good young players, instead of the FSG policy which don't even consider players like Dempsey or Sneijder. Even Gerrard and Rodgers said that we need a few more experienced players instead of just buying youth.

I was more annoyed by what i've been reading on Twitter the past few weeks tbh rather than on this forum. It seems a lot of people love jumping on this kind of bandwagon and it gets right on my tits.

As for FSG, who says they didn't go for Dempsey or Sneijder? Maybe they did, but maybe they decided it wasn't worth the amount of money. Lets be fair here, Dempsey is no world beater and would have been a risk, he's a good solid player don't get me wrong, but i think if we'd signed him nobody would really have been that excited compared to how annoyed they were when we didn't. Sniejder as well, potentially world class but not without his negatives, including his wages.

I think people are quick to blame FSG when we really have no idea who they've been trying to sign, just because we don't sign them doesn't mean we didn't try.

Sneijder has signed with Gala.

From the BBC
"Sneijder had been keen on a move to the Premier League, according to his agent Soren Lerby, but a serious offer from England never materialised. "

Sneijder has signed with Gala.

From the BBC
"Sneijder had been keen on a move to the Premier League, according to his agent Soren Lerby, but a serious offer from England never materialised. "

Loving it. Big fan of the Dutch national team but while I'm sure he got himself the financials he wanted, he may be seriously hurting his starting chances with the men in orange. Can't see Van Gaal considering selecting him again anytime soon unless he magically manages to find his World Cup form again. I'm guessing RvP won't shed any tears about not being able to meet him in the EPL.

Last edited:

Only area spurs lack in depth really is strikers and playmaking midfielder

Kyle Walker is not a good RB, he 's having a disastrous season.
And if you look at the subs AVB brought in against Man Utd, then you know the squad is not good enough (Huddlestone and Assou Ekoto are not good enough and he even hadn't a decent striker on the bench...).

Concerning Liverpool, i completely agree with UJ Sunernova.
For those of you who want to see how your owner thinks about running a sports franchiose, watch the movie Moneyball.

Kyle Walker is not a good RB, he 's having a disastrous season.
And if you look at the subs AVB brought in against Man Utd, then you know the squad is not good enough (Huddlestone and Assou Ekoto are not good enough and he even hadn't a decent striker on the bench...).

I agree walker has been a disapointment but lucky for him he's young and got time on his side to improve defensively as he alway's pushes to high up, and tottenham only really have 2 strikers and one is at afcon therefore leaves them really short. Thing is i look at, when i look at squads compared to everyone else, i think it would be fair to say spurs have 4th best squad in the prem? and when you look at the team's above, they can't really compete financially with chelsea/city/united.

Back
Top Bottom