Liverpool Thread

Re: Liverpool Thread

Premier league experience under an experienced defensive coach.

I agree it will be great experience for Coates.
Kudos to Steve Clarke, he has done well with WBA this season. Considering the players they have.
I hope Coates comes back a better player, like Lukaku is doing well there at WBA.

But the squad keeps getting smaller, without much replacements. Hope things change next season.

BTW, here's an article about Rodgers and the need for experienced players
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/fo...pool-chiefs-let-sign-experienced-players.html
http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/2013/jan/18/liverpool-transfer-policy-brendan-rodgers-sneijder

Last edited:

Why on earth are we loaning him to a direct rival ???? :-)

without trying to take the piss but I just had to sink that in, a Liverpool Supporter, referring to West Brom as a 'Direct Rival'

Manchester-United-v-Schal-007.jpg

without trying to take the piss but I just had to sink that in, a Liverpool Supporter, referring to West Brom as a 'Direct Rival'

WBA are our rival this season, becouse they are two points above and can fight with others for europe places...

That´s how he meant it i believe..

Manchester-United-v-Schal-007.jpg

Did'nt you see the smiley at the end of my question ?

So what's with you United fans. Don't you have your own thread, I mean are you so fixated with us guys? Leave us alone in our mid-table/Europa-league battles. You guys should worry about City/Barca/Bayern/Real....

Or are you so scared of us Fergie eh ???

:-)

seems to me that FSG realy want rather spending their money on young talent and still build for future.. Coutinho.. i don´t know, never seen much of him..

I agree with FSG plans. Build for future with talented youth.

Downing and co need to go though.

Coutinho is not that good, I have seen him play many times and I can say that he losses possession and wastes opportunities very often and is not as creative as Sneijder but for 8m I'd take him as he still can improve.

Speaking of transfers, I'm not a big fan of Sneijder either but I think he's got the experience that Liverpool lacks so bad. Another better option for that position would be Hernanes. I've seen him play for Lazio and he'd fit our team perfectly.

Hernanes is the type of player that is currently too good to play for Liverpool. He also plays for a team that is better than Liverpool.

If Liverpool wants to grow, they have to play young players that are the stars of tommorow.
The older players they have to buy are Mikel Arteta-type players. Players that are very good, but never became stars because in their country there are better players for the same position (Arsenal IMO did really well buying the likes of Cazorla and Arteta). IMO Liverpool should take a closer look to Newcastle, they really did fantastic transfers the last two years.

I know Newcastle is below Liverpool in the EPL, but that is just bad luck with important players who are out (a litle bit like Bolton, a team that normally would never go down, also a team that had a very good manager in Coyle).

The other more experienced players that Liverpool can buy, tare Sneijder types: older players who've seen it all and just want to earn lots of money.

I tend to agree about Hernanes not that he plays for a better team than Liverpool but for the fact that he's too good for Liverpool right now and is a Brazil International.
However, I have to disagree when you say that Liverpool can't attract players who are in their prime like Cavani and others.
Luis Suarez is a good example that Liverpool still attracts world class players. He was a top scorer in Eredivise and I believe he had offers from all over the Europe and at the end he chose Liverpool.
And I should point out that player salaries always stand in the way of world class players and Liverpool.
If we could splash £38m on Kun Aguero and pay his £200,000-a-week salary, he'd have chosen Liverpool over Man City any day of the week.

If you only buy young players tho you'll just run into the same problems Arsenal have. Unless you're already winning titles you can't afford to buy only young players. You need a mix (and probably a mix favouring older players).

Last edited:

Hernanes is the type of player that is currently too good to play for Liverpool. He also plays for a team that is better than Liverpool.

If Liverpool wants to grow, they have to play young players that are the stars of tommorow.
The older players they have to buy are Mikel Arteta-type players. Players that are very good, but never became stars because in their country there are better players for the same position (Arsenal IMO did really well buying the likes of Cazorla and Arteta). IMO Liverpool should take a closer look to Newcastle, they really did fantastic transfers the last two years.

I know Newcastle is below Liverpool in the EPL, but that is just bad luck with important players who are out (a litle bit like Bolton, a team that normally would never go down, also a team that had a very good manager in Coyle).

The other more experienced players that Liverpool can buy, tare Sneijder types: older players who've seen it all and just want to earn lots of money.

very good post.

And apparently Henderson scored a beautiful goal today v Norwich! I thought I was dreaming when I heard that!

great game so far, we dominate and deserve the lead.. hopefully we will keep a clean sheet in this game for Brad Jones..

very good post.

And apparently Henderson scored a beautiful goal today v Norwich! I thought I was dreaming when I heard that!

yeah, apparently he is shite so when you were smiling about LFC fans that sing away at Old Trafford when losing, it´s becouse they believe and don´t turn their back on players if they are playing bad... it´s what support should be about don´t you think...?

untitled-448dtd.gif

yeah, apparently he is shite so when you were smiling about LFC fans that sing away at Old Trafford when losing, it´s becouse they believe and don´t turn their back on players if they are playing bad... it´s what support should be about don´t you think...?

:CONFUSE:

What are you on about dear PIPA? Where did I 'smile about LFC fans singing when they are losing?' Please point it out, I think you are losing the plot :D

And yes, I do think you overrate Henderson - but you overrate every Liverpool player. He score a goal against Norwich, who Liverpool always beat by a few goals isnt going to change my mind! :P

My point with Henderson and Downing etc which you always miss is you could have had better player for that kind of money (was it £15-20 million spent on Henderson?! CRAZY MONEY! Cabaye cost Newcastle £7 million didnt he? And he is million times better than young Henderson.)

And for a moderator, you really shouldnt go around looking for fights with people who have different opinions than you. You should know better.

You seem full of anger and hostility - remember, its only football friend! :)

Last edited:

Henderson has a great eye for some slide-rule passes and has a good shot too. But for me the problem he had last season was the mentality, he was too scared of taking any risks, maybe the pressure. This season he has improved a bit. Still long way to go before justifying the huge transfer fee of 16m.

But for me Allen is not worth 15m, for a player who neither defends nor attacks or scores goals nor has a physical presence. Yes he's young, but not worth more than 6-8m.

Downing was a waste for 20m, based on one good season at Villa. No disputing that.

Sturridge, 12m if he can keep scoring like this, will be a bargain !
Again great to see Liverpool scoring so many goals, will help in Goal-differential.

only if we could play against Norwich every week..

great performance by whole team..

it´s amazing what difference one man (Sturridge) can bring to us. We should have signed him in summer or when we had the chance to swap with Torres + money.

Those who criticise him for being selfish were wrong imo. He can make the difference as he show today.. amazing buy for us.

Werner was at the game, so i hope despite the win he will not be to much satisfied to give more money for possible signings..

@Benni, i don´t have time to quote your post about Liverpool fans at Old Trafford. Cabaye being million times better, i respect your option but i honestly doubt even you believe that deep inside. I´m satisfied with Henderson and he will only get better. I seem full of anger? realy? i I am so not angry about post´s you wouldn´t believe it. Most time i have smile on my face, than being angry reading the posts..

have a good evening ;)

I think finally Sturridge has taken the goalscoring burden off Suarez and they seem to have formed a very good partnership already.
Henderson had a great afternoon too, he should be a regular starter if you ask me.

If we can show a similar performance and beat Arsenal next week, I would think we can really push for a CL spot because the fourth place is up for grabs right now (but to be fair, I think both Tottenham and Chelsea have been more consistent and obviously they have better players who can make the difference).

it´s to early to talk about possible top 4 spot...we should aim to win as much matches with clean sheet.. as today.. + there is still Europa League matches to come..

if we could have Sneijder for Arsenal......... but it won´t happend :/

i think we still need a top midfielder to cover for Lucas, he seem tired at the end of today´s match..

glad to see Allen and sterling didnt start today , hope they wont start vs Arsenal either , damn that goal of henderson was really good , and good to see gerrard score that goal ,
Sturridge is proving me wrong , I wasnt sure about him before we sign but now i think it was a good transfer , now is more space on forward , Borini ? I never understand why we bought him , he dont seems anything special , well not even good enough !

looking forward for match vs Arsenal wish there was enrique and Johnson can play in right , this guy is having really good season

I wont get excited over this result, unless liverpool can beat team from the top 10 in the league they have no chance of claiming fourth

Borini ? I never understand why we bought him , he dont seems anything special , well not even good enough !

He's still young and has got the skills to be a good striker, tbh
Borini makes a great option to come off the bemch now he'll come good.

Great result today if only Rodgers put out that line up last week,
He really needs to pick players on form.

If only we got Sturridge part of the Torres deal maybe things would
Be different, Suarez having the role he had at Ajax is great.

@ lfc albania

Borini's played about 20min after 3 months out...and is still getting used the a new, far more physical league. Give the guy a chance....in the same way Sturridge is already a "good" transfer after two tap-ins and another goal against a team so low down in the leagues Im not even sure they are in it.

Last edited:

He's still young and has got the skills to be a good striker, tbh
Borini makes a great option to come off the bemch now he'll come good.

Great result today if only Rodgers put out that line up last week,
He really needs to pick players on form.

If only we got Sturridge part of the Torres deal maybe things would
Be different, Suarez having the role he had at Ajax is great.

Totally agree about the fact that Rodgers needs to start with this lineup in midfield and attack. Both Henderson and Sturridge are showing they deserve to start the games.
Sterling/Suso/Allen/Borini are young squad players that can come off the bench if needed.

Only if we had signed Sturridge instead of Carroll, imagine what may have happened last year....we may not have spent money on Downing and Adam for sure since he was bought to provide service to Carroll. But things work out for good, hopefully this will be start of something good. If we can add some steel in midfield, we would become tough to beat.

Newcastle are struggling, hope they take Andy Carroll back for 20m !

Back
Top Bottom