Liverpool Thread

Re: Liverpool Thread

man that Sterling need a punch in his face , such an idiot has been today i would replace him after 1st half , and i hope he dont start next matchs , he should learn a fucking lession from today

he doesn´t need punch in the face, since he only playes as he can due to his age and experience..he can be good, but isn´t a superstar yet... the thing is we don´t have a better player to play there simple as that..

Sterling has been terrible for a while now. Downing - how does he still get games in a Liverpool shirt?

Sturridge looks exciting but you can see why Chelsea sold him, his decision making is bad and he wants to do everything alone.

How fickle fans are.
In september Sterling and Allen were potential Golden Ball candidates ( i know i'm exagerating), and now they can't do anything good. Typically English: overhyping a player, realising it and then totally break them down.

Both Allen and Sterling are good players, nothing more. They aren't as good (yet) as you people thought a couple of months ago and they are far from the players you guys think they are now...they are much better than that.

I said it when we signed him. For every goal Sturridge scores, he'll miss 4 other chances/opportunities for us to score.

Let's hope this improves.

Allen was always way overrated by Liverpool supporters. I watched a lot of him at Swansea - he is very neat and tidy but offers nothing going forward like a Gerrard or Scholes.

Swansea fans were laughing with the 15 million for him.

Sterling will come good though he still very young and raw.

Phew. A good game of football with no incidents worth writing about. Good game, United should have been out of sight in the first half, but were hanging on at the end. Not sure what De Gea is up to, that's 3 of those in the past 5 or 6 matches.

But only 3 shots on target from Pool, am happy enough with that.

The issue with Sturridge is that he's going to look really good in parts of a match like when he came on - he can basically goal hang and shoot as often as possible. But he doesn't defend well, isn't positionally aware and will let the team down when Pool aren't on the front foot.

Suarez was good today, but far too isolated. Rodgers was too negative in the first half imo, unless the tactic was to let United score, let the m become complacent and then go for it. Which kind of worked.

he doesn´t need punch in the face, since he only playes as he can due to his age and experience..he can be good, but isn´t a superstar yet... the thing is we don´t have a better player to play there simple as that..

its not that , he just think he's GOD now , he should pass the ball and not hold it like that and do nothing !

and I think Assaidi should play sometimes

Sterling has been terrible for a while now. Downing - how does he still get games in a Liverpool shirt?

Sturridge looks exciting but you can see why Chelsea sold him, his decision making is bad and he wants to do everything alone.

im not agree with that , I think Sturridge try passing the ball , and in 2 situations special in start when he cam on he had a good chance to shot he was about 18m and he try passing I think he should go by himself , I agree he could be a hero today and score 2nd goal but so far im happy with what he have showed and how changed Liverpool after he came on , im looking forward to see him and suarez starting together in next matchs ;)

Rodgers need time to get more players that can play his style.. half year isn´t the time to get from the state we were some time ago to winning at Old Trafford again...

I have faith in Rodgers.. BUT as Dags already said, i hope the owners will back him in summer to make our team even more competitive, hungry and especialy with depth in all areas...

tumblr_mgkohrEtwb1qbyxj9o1_500.jpg

tumblr_mgkohrEtwb1qbyxj9o3_500.jpg

I'm not sure about the criticism if the owners here , seems supporters of English clubs love to do this when things are not going there way. Can anyone site specific incidents were FsG has blocked Rogers on a player. Where it has been said from the owners they pull the strings and not Rogers?

i´m not saying they are blocking him.. i talk more about the money avileable in summer also for players who Rodgers want´s despite their sallary demands..

or better said, i hope our owners don´t want just to save money as they did with getting rid of overpayed players in past months.. without getting replacement who is payed similar sallary.. i talk of Joe Cole, Sahin etc..

but it´s not end of January yet..

First half, absolutely not. Second half, a lot better.

FSG need to give Rodgers the chance to get the players he wants without overriding him. If they believe in him that much, and he wants the older players like Dempsey, then they need to trust him.

I'm not convinced FSG are going to give Rodgers much to work with at all, though. Letting Cole and Sahin go has decreased the squad even further, and lowered wages (FSG's holy grail) ... but where are the replacements?

FSG need to leave footballing matters to those who know about the game.
The reason why FSG hired Rodgers, since they want someone who can work with younger players. I can't imagine Rafa or Van Gaal even agreeing to this kind of policy where we keep shipping out experienced players to reduce the wage bill and are stuck with young players.

Our first half was horrendous. Allen was pathetic, absolute garbage. Suarez and Downing also did nowt. Gerrard was a liability. Passing in the back was almost suicidal at times.
There was no fight, no guts, no ideas. And Rodgers needs to take a huge portion of the blame, why does he keep preferring Allen over Henderson.
We seem to start well in the home games, but I think in this game Rodgers should have asked the team to attack United a bit more.

2nd half was far better. Good to see Sturridge and Suarez hitting an understanding. This in itself means we occupy their defence and give us an advantage. There was lot more fight and pressing and we played with passion. Our midfield looked beter. Even Borini looked decent at times.

Still, we need a couple of experienced players that will help guide this young team.

But we can't keep giving teams a first-half like that anymore.

Last edited:

Brendan Rodgers, the Liverpool manager, was heartened by his side's second-half performance. "We're 24 points behind United now," he said. "But we're not 24 points behind in terms of quality. The points difference is due to the squad. Once we close the gap in the squad in the coming transfer windows, I've got great faith that we'll be able to challenge."

Love that guy

I still don't see any actuall evidence that FSG had there hand in the player choices pot... Just supporter speculation

It's pretty clear, look at Gerrard's interview recently where he says that the policy of getting youth only will not work.

FSG have stated many times that they will spend on young players with high resale value.

And look at the signings, the proof is there.

24 points behind united and only halfway through the season says it all really

Why always compare with Utd ? I hope the club is not so obosessed with United as the fans. Just look at yourselves...
Liverpool are a club in transition. Rodgers needs at least one (or two) more season before Liverpool can compete with the likes of United and City. What is wrong about that ?

To be honest Liverpool-United is all about the past history, and it's not a rivalry as far as the Title is concerned.

I don't expect us to be anywhere near the top for the next 2 seasons at least.

I was just hoping we would hurt United. To me this game was a bit similar to our FA cup final loss to Chelsea. We were shite for 60 minutes with a lineup that was not right (Allen, Sterling are too lightweight for an away match at Old Trafford) Then the substitutions came and made a lot more sense, and then we gave them a good game, but alas had a mountain to climb at 0:2, and then we came very close to drawing the game, but something we did not deserve.

Hopefully FSG and Rodgers will continue to learn and improve.
FSG need to realize that it's not all about youth.
Rodgers needs to play his best players from the start and be a bit more aggressive with the way we play. We always do well with quicker passes to the strikers, instead of the laboured passing we have at times.

FSG need to leave footballing matters to those who know about the game.
The reason why FSG hired Rodgers, since they want someone who can work with younger players. I can't imagine Rafa or Van Gaal even agreeing to this kind of policy where we keep shipping out experienced players to reduce the wage bill and are stuck with young players.

Our first half was horrendous. Allen was pathetic, absolute garbage. Suarez and Downing also did nowt. Gerrard was a liability. Passing in the back was almost suicidal at times.
There was no fight, no guts, no ideas. And Rodgers needs to take a huge portion of the blame, why does he keep preferring Allen over Henderson.
We seem to start well in the home games, but I think in this game Rodgers should have asked the team to attack United a bit more.

2nd half was far better. Good to see Sturridge and Suarez hitting an understanding. This in itself means we occupy their defence and give us an advantage. There was lot more fight and pressing and we played with passion. Our midfield looked beter. Even Borini looked decent at times.

Still, we need a couple of experienced players that will help guide this young team.

But we can't keep giving teams a first-half like that anymore.

It wasn't long ago everyone was slating Henderson. Now they've moved on to Allen and Henderson is now the bees knees again. Allen is a good footballer. He isn't playing great at the moment but it doesn't mean he is a bad player at all. Sterling is absolute shite at the moment. How come he isn't getting the grief Allen is getting?

Has anyone been reading that RAWK_Meltdown twitter feed today?! Its so funny.

And why did Liverpool fans let off a flare when they were losing?? Most strange.

article-2261696-16E96196000005DC-605_634x417.jpg

:LMAO:

I read somewhere that it was thrown in by the United fans

I'm not sure about the criticism if the owners here , seems supporters of English clubs love to do this when things are not going there way. Can anyone site specific incidents were FsG has blocked Rogers on a player. Where it has been said from the owners they pull the strings and not Rogers?

good post, I agree.

Look at all the money FSG gave to Liverpool few seasons ago, only for King Kenny to spunk it on Andy Carroll (£35 mill), Stewart Downing (£18 mill), Jordan Henderson (£10 mill?) and Charlie Adam (£6 mill).

They are going to be wary after that and you cant blame them.

But many many Liverpool supporter will ALWAYS blame the owners - NEVER the manager. Even though Brendan isn't doing the best of jobs if we're all being honest.

good post, I agree.

Look at all the money FSG gave to Liverpool few seasons ago, only for King Kenny to spunk it on Andy Carroll (£35 mill), Stewart Downing (£18 mill), Jordan Henderson (£10 mill?) and Charlie Adam (£6 mill).

They are going to be wary after that and you cant blame them.

But many many Liverpool supporter will ALWAYS blame the owners - NEVER the manager. Even though Brendan isn't doing the best of jobs if we're all being honest.

He isn't do the worst of jobs either if we're all being honest. There's a flipside to everything. Give him a chance to build the squad he wants and then judge him. I hope the owners stick with him as I do believe he will create a pretty decent team over the next year or so.

I agree, time is needed. It would be stupid getting rid of him now.

But its obvious his teams dont have an answer when opposition presses them high up the pitch - if you dont let Liverpool pass out of the back, they panic and make lots of mistakes.

Last edited by a moderator:

It wasn't long ago everyone was slating Henderson. Now they've moved on to Allen and Henderson is now the bees knees again. Allen is a good footballer. He isn't playing great at the moment but it doesn't mean he is a bad player at all. Sterling is absolute shite at the moment. How come he isn't getting the grief Allen is getting?

There's a reason for that. Henderson has improved a lot.
While Allen is being played no matter his form. Which seems like favoritism to me.
Sterling is 18 years old, and being overplayed. That smacks of desperation from Rodgers. Sterling will be burnt out at this rate.
And there is a difference between Allen and Sterling. Allen is older, and has a bit more experience than Sterling.
More than people slating Allen, I think people are wondering why he is immune to the bench when he still plays crap.

I agree, time is needed. It would be stupid getting rid of him now.

But its obvious his teams dont have an answer when opposition presses them high up the pitch - if you dont let Liverpool pass out of the back, they panic and make lots of mistakes.

Of course, Rodgers should be given time, and more importantly the support from FSG in the transfer market.
FSG can't afford to give the carte blanche they gave the previous management, so they are investing in youth which is less expensive, but comes with less risk also.

Regarding the tactics, this is where Rodgers needs to evolve the tactics a bit more. We can't wait till half-time to change this when we're already down a goal or two.
Apparently Swansea had the same problem under Rodgers from what I read somewhere.

Of course, Rodgers should be given time, and more importantly the support from FSG in the transfer market.
FSG can't afford to give the carte blanche they gave the previous management, so they are investing in youth which is less expensive, but comes with less risk also.

Regarding the tactics, this is where Rodgers needs to evolve the tactics a bit more. We can't wait till half-time to change this when we're already down a goal or two.
Apparently Swansea had the same problem under Rodgers from what I read somewhere.

Agree with all this.

Back
Top Bottom