Liverpool Thread

Re: Liverpool Thread

Losing Cole seems like such a waste. But Rodgers did give him a chance and Cole never showed he was still capable of dominating a match. Still, he was very savvy on the pitch, made lots of dangerous off-the-ball runs from the wings... but again never looked capable of beating opponents on the dribble. A player trait Liverpool desperately need to acquire.

483221_10151176271531701_1812430272_n.jpg

Made me chuckle :)

I had a conversation w/ a pool fan over dinner.
It started w/...

Liverpool fc
now spent £124,200,000 on their last 8 british players - sturridge, allen, henderson, downing, carroll, adam, shelvey, johnson

imagine if they would of bought:

rvp
michu
ba
cisse
kompany
hart
aguero

and still had change, they could have bought:

hart
rafael kompany shawcross baines

young michu mata cazorla

ba hernandez

Liverpool are a massive club ,but it takes brilliance to bring the right players. According to him it was a miss or hit! and Liverpool are dealing w/ the miss. It`s easier to say the miss I know ,but the money Liverpool invested.

Regarding Sturridge, I have been a bit disturbed by how Rodgers had come out and then followed by Gerrard in saying that this is Sturridge's last chance at a "big club".

Why are they publicly saying this is his "last chance". I mean he's only 23 years old. What has Rodgers even accomplished in the game at a big club? Oh I forgot he was at lowly Swansea.
And why has Gerrard blindly followed Rodger in this stupid type of statement.

IMO, I think this is a bad way of welcoming a new player to the club. Instead they should have encouraged him. He's young and has potential and should be allowed to do well, instead of these public warnings. Pretty arrogant from Rodgers and Gerrard, I'd say.

To be honest, regardless of whether Rodgers succeeds or not, I for one do not like his arrogance in some of his statements he has made this season. The guy talks too much for a man who has coached for only 18 months in the Premier league and should consider himself lucky to be given this chance by FSG. If it were any other owner there is no way that Rodgers would have got the chance to come to Liverpool when the likes of Van Gaal and Rafa were available.

Last edited:

I had a conversation w/ a pool fan over dinner.
It started w/...

Liverpool fc
now spent £124,200,000 on their last 8 british players - sturridge, allen, henderson, downing, carroll, adam, shelvey, johnson

imagine if they would of bought:

rvp
michu
ba
cisse
kompany
hart
aguero

and still had change, they could have bought:

hart
rafael kompany shawcross baines

young michu mata cazorla

ba hernandez

Liverpool are a massive club ,but it takes brilliance to bring the right players. According to him it was a miss or hit! and Liverpool are dealing w/ the miss. It`s easier to say the miss I know ,but the money Liverpool invested.

it´s not relevant to IMAGINE if we bought some players, it´s all in the matter of viewing this names and their cost for the clubs that HAD THE CHANCE to bought them... + had the money to pay them..

Regarding Sturridge, I have been a bit disturbed by how Rodgers had come out and then followed by Gerrard in saying that this is Sturridge's last chance at a "big club".

Why are they publicly saying this is his "last chance". I mean he's only 23 years old. What has Rodgers even accomplished in the game at a big club? Oh I forgot he was at lowly Swansea.
And why has Gerrard blindly followed Rodger in this stupid type of statement.

IMO, I think this is a bad way of welcoming a new player to the club. Instead they should have encouraged him. He's young and has potential and should be allowed to do well, instead of these public warnings. Pretty arrogant from Rodgers and Gerrard, I'd say.

To be honest, regardless of whether Rodgers succeeds or not, I for one do not like his arrogance in some of his statements he has made this season. The guy talks too much for a man who has coached for only 18 months in the Premier league and should consider himself lucky to be given this chance by FSG. If it were any other owner there is no way that Rodgers would have got the chance to come to Liverpool when the likes of Van Gaal and Rafa were available.
yep,to be honest its actually a step down for sturridge leaving an elite european team where he won both champions league and fa cup last season to join a mid ranking premier league team who won a carling cup last season and will be 5years without champions league football come next august. They really should have only said positives about his arrival,i know if i was joining in those circumstances id want to feel like i was important and be put up as the man to save liverpools season.

http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/2013/jan/04/steven-gerrard-liverpool-mansfield

Liverpool's Steven Gerrard will be spared FA Cup trip to Mansfield
• Luis Suárez may also be rested, but will travel to Field Mill
• New signing Daniel Sturridge not judged ready for a start

Steven Gerrard will be rested against Mansfield after having played in all of Liverpool's Premier League matches this season.

Brendan Rodgers is to leave out Steven Gerrard and possibly Luis Suárez for Liverpool's trip to Mansfield Town on Sunday but insists no risks will be taken against the Blue Square Premier side.

Gerrard has played every minute of every Premier League game this season and after a demanding spell of four matches in 10 days over the festive period will be omitted from the team at Field Mill. Leading goalscorer Suárez has also faced a gruelling workload, but with the new £12m signing Daniel Sturridge unlikely to start the third-round tie, the Uruguay international may be involved in some capacity. Jonjo Shelvey operated as a "false nine" when Suárez was suspended for the league win over West Ham United and offers an alternative, but Rodgers is confident Liverpool have the depth to avoid a major upset.

The Liverpool manager said: "This is one where I'm looking to utilise the squad. This is the nature of it coming on the back of four very tough games but I'll pick a group to win. That's the key. I am confident in the group and I would never risk the tie because this is a competition we want to do well in.

"Luis loves playing, that is why he is here: to play games and score goals. I speak a lot with him and I know from working with him that he wants to play. But he's coming off the back of a real busy period where he's given everything in the games and scored goals."

Jamie Carragher will play, but Sturridge, having not started a competitive game since 17 November in 2012 – when Chelsea lost at West Bromwich Albion in what proved to be Roberto Di Matteo's final league game as manager – is unlikely to be hurried into the side. The 23-year-old is, however, included in the squad.

Rodgers explained: "Daniel is still catching up a bit on his fitness because he has been out for a period of time. He's looked good in the couple of sessions we've had but I'm not looking to rush Daniel into anything. He is not under big pressure to come in and perform straightaway, in particular because of the form of the team at the moment."

The Liverpool manager, who insists his staff "have prepared exactly the same for Mansfield as we would Manchester United", expects to be without José Enrique for six weeks after the defender aggravated a hamstring injury at Queens Park Rangers on Sunday. "It's a shame because in the game he felt nothing," said Rodgers. "Sometimes you can enter games and be tight and stiff but he felt great. It is unfortunate because he has looked fantastic."

His fellow defender Sebastián Coates may be allowed to leave Liverpool on loan in the transfer window providing there is necessary cover for Martin Skrtl and Daniel Agger, Rodgers has confirmed. He said: "It's been difficult for him to get games. The best thing for Sebastián will be to go out and play some games."

wonder what that means for his future here..i guess it´s Carraghers last season here and Coates needs to play...hopefully he will only be loaned to gain experience in PL and come back...

Joe cole looking good today, he defiantly did not fit in the Rogers system, looks to be for now a good move to all involved. Oh and like Gerd I enjoy watching Henderson as well, I think he will turn out excellent

Note how Rooney isn't in the ad, yet another tactic by SAF to make Pool believe he won't play next week. ;)) Suarez was probably too pissed off after he found out he had to make way for Sturridge on the pitch.

Is this ad meant for tv in the UK or in the US? I "like" to think this type of hype building through commercials is typical to us here in the States, and for that I apologize. Of course this is nothing special compared to the coverage of the world series or super bowl.:CONFUSE:
They often say football would never work well here because there are no commercial breaks during the game..instead we get a gazillion breaks during the pre-, halftime and postgame shows.

Last edited:

expected team for tonight:

Jones

Wisdom --- Carragher --- Coates --- Robinson

Allen ---- Lucas ---- Shelvey

Suso --- Sturridge --- Downing

Last edited:

i don´t know if it is, but it´s expected to be... i have no clue if Sturridge will start since there was some talk about him not being prepeared yet..

Fantastic gesture from Mansfield Town FC, putting the names of the 96 on the dividing empty seats for tomorrow's FA Cup game versus Liverpool. Thank you.

248738_467633303284789_1352254527_n.jpg

Sturridge has been great so far, he's making some decent runs in the box and one of those led to the goal.
I'd love to see Suarez playing just behind Sturridge with Downing and Sterling on the wings, seems scary for any PL defense.

PS. Why doesn't BR ban those back passes in our own half, they are boring, can be dangerous and we don't need them against a pub team like Mansfield.

that must be the worst pitch ever...

i think we slow our tempo in second part of first half..

hopefully we score and keep clean sheet.. becouse the home team and fans are up for it :)

we should benefit from the passes to Sturridge who looks classy.

Can't remember seeing Liverpool under so much pressure as this! Really struggling and more likely to concede than score ourselves at this rate.

Such a poor start to the second half.

Suarez coming on, not good. Can definitely see him picking up an injury here.

Back
Top Bottom