Liverpool Thread

Re: Liverpool Thread

i don´t think our owners want to spend ridicilous money on Sneijder tbh..

If we buy him and IF he´d agree to sign for us, it would be with a pay cut.. and after other overpayed players are away..

However i think left back and striker to partner Suarez are the priority..

+ selling Joe Cole...rumours about QPR being interested in him...

Tancredi Palmeri ‏@tancredipalmeri
Liverpool has been contact by Lazio's Zarate agents to sign the player.Also contacted Atletico Madrid and Malaga.So far nobody accepted

Im glad i entertain you, but so far i think you are hating more than being obsessed, hating everything LFC related especially Benitez without reasaon...

my personal favourites from you are quoted in Chelsea thread lol!

You didn't have a decent comeback to my post (or any at all to be honest...), and it's as unbiased as possible because it's solely based on common facts. So in this very instant, your personal vendetta with Benni is irrelevant.

sorry i don´t have the time to answer all post´s, only those i feel i have to, but... i realy don´t care anymore what Benni says..

btw, according to this article, we are after Gameiro and Sturridge...
http://www.thetimes.co.uk/tto/sport/football/clubs/liverpool/article3644696.ece

Liverpool are ready to follow up their imminent capture of Daniel Sturridge with a move for Kevin Gameiro, the Paris Saint-Germain forward, as Brendan Rodgers looks to add experience to his attack.
Sturridge is expected to complete his £12 million transfer from Chelsea in the coming days and be registered in time for Liverpool’s FA Cup third-round tie away to Mansfield Town on Sunday. Although that acquisition will eat up the majority of Rodgers’s January transfer budget, the Liverpool manager is still looking to sign Tom Ince from Blackpool on a permanent basis and Gameiro on loan.
Gameiro initially emerged as a possible alternative to Sturridge when that deal stalled but should PSG agree to allow the 25-year-old France striker to leave before the end of the season, Liverpool will look to sign him.
Ince is still expected to return to Liverpool despite a disagreement over his value, with Blackpool holding out for a fee in the region of £6 million. Should a deal not be completed this month, however, Liverpool are prepared to wait until the summer when Ince’s contract expires and his fee would be set by an FA tribunal.
Rodgers is also interested in Nicolas Isimat-Mirin, the 21-year-old Valenciennes centre back. The Liverpool manager would need to generate funds for that, a situation that could lead to the departure of Sebastián Coates, who is interesting Napoli, Juventus and Lazio.
Queens Park Rangers asked Liverpool if they would let Coates go out on loan but that request was rejected and the Uruguay defender will only be allowed to leave if a significant offer is received. Joe Cole is expected to sign for QPR after his hopes of rejoining Lille were dashed.
Liverpool have taken steps to prevent the further spread of a virus that prevented Rodgers from attending their 3-0 victory over QPR on Sunday after it also affected several players and members of staff. The first team were told to stay away from the club’s training ground yesterday.

also Michael Ngoo apparently on his way on loan to Birmingham City...

Last edited:

Im glad i entertain you, but so far i think you are hating more than being obsessed, hating everything LFC related especially Benitez without reasaon...

my personal favourites from you are quoted in Chelsea thread lol!

I dont hate Liverpool FC AT ALL my friend. They are a massive club with huge history and tradition. I am very interested in Liverpool because it's been a sleeping giant for so long and no-one seems to be able to turn them around for various reasons.

I do find your supporters fascniating I admit. But I will keep it to myself why as I dont want to offend anyone :)

As for Benitez, my comments are justified. Has he won anything with Chelsea yet? No. He's won a few matches - let's not get too carried away :P

Anyway - Happy New Year. It's going to be an interesting January in regards to signings and good luck for the season. :)

Some suggestions that we're looking to send Sahin back to Madrid as he's not settling and it'll free up money. I was really excited about him joining us but it's a shame he's not performed to his best.

In saying that, he's not played that much to give much of a chance to shine either.

Tony Barrett ‏@TonyBarretTimes
Against all odds, there's now a bit of a race to sign Joe Cole with West Ham ready to battle it out with QPR.

http://www.liverpoolfc.com/news/latest-news/liverpool-complete-sturridge-signing

284904_10151461917932573_602567908_n.jpg

Good to see us getting transfers done early. Exciting signing (as most signings are) and has a lot of talent.

Number 9 shirt still not taken though ...

Good to see us getting transfers done early. Exciting signing (as most signings are) and has a lot of talent.

Number 9 shirt still not taken though ...

finally also not overpayed...he is still young and can get better..

nice deal!

n.9 will be sorted in summer i believe..

Would add pressure for no reason to give him the 9, might aswell keep it locked away until someone proven can take it.

I'm not really sure for sturridge , I would go for Ba but thats done now !

well lets wait and see what gonna happen if sturridge was worth buy or not , I just hope he pass the ball and dont be a dickhead !

He was great when playing for Bolton, Liverpool is a team similar to that Bolton (and that was a very good and attractive team, i don't mean that as disrespect, Bolton got relegated because their two best players were injured and they lost both Sturridge and a good Spanish player who was also on loan the season before they got relegated...i still rate Owen Coyle very high).

I'm not really sure for sturridge , I would go for Ba but thats done now !

well lets wait and see what gonna happen if sturridge was worth buy or not , I just hope he pass the ball and dont be a dickhead !

Well i wouldn´t buy Ba over Sturridge myself.

Despite us spending more on Sturridge than Chelsea did on Ba, here is why the deals are even in terms of money:

Ba: 7.5M + 80K x 4 years = 24.2M
Sturridge: 12M + 60K x 4 years = 24.5M

just for comparsion, and i also agree on this comments of some users on other forum:

Difference is that Sturridge will be 27 once his current contract expires, and approaching his peak as a player, whilst Ba will be nearing the end of his career by that time.

Sturridge can also play anywhere along the front three and can offer more mobility than Ba can.

Sturridge will have sell on value and ba won't. In addition Chelsea need a firing striker for the next twenty matches, we need a firing striker for the next season.

And we need a player who can interchange across the front three. Rodgers wants players who are flexible and adaptable. Demba Ba would have necessitated moving Suarez to another position whilst also altering our tactics. On the other hand, Ba would have guaranteed goals and could possibly had been worth altering our system for, but his dodgy knee would have been a risk. We need a player who does not spend most of his time injured, whereas Chelsea can afford to take a risk with him as Torres will always be the guaranteed no 1 striker there.

Basically, Sturridge fits the system we want to play more than Ba does.

I wish Ba luck though, i know Rafa was interested in him while he was still here and Ba was a Hoffenheim player, he would go for him if not being fired.

Sturridge is very exciting player and younger than Ba...he has skills Ba doesn´t have imo.. he can be unpredictable and i hope he can play together with Suarez.. it´s fine prospect..

Hope to see Sturridge do well, but I wish we had a proper goalscorer like Demba Ba instead. I know he's older, but he can score goals for the next 2-3 seasons since he is right in his peak, because we need the goals now and here.

Sturridge has got the potential, and may do well, but it's just a long shot as with the Borini and Allen signings. They are young players with potential and not really doing the business yet.
However Sturridge seems to be a bit more exciting than Borini or Allen, so he may have better output than those two.

IMO Ba is not a natural goal scorer. Pappis Cissé is the player Liverpool need.
The fact he has a bad season is due to the fact that Pardew is not playing him as a CF anymore and also because important midfielders like Cabaye, Tioté and Ben Arfa are or were injured.

Not sure if Ben Arfa isn't used as a forward, but he is one of the players that could provide Cissé with assists.

Lee Clayton ‏@LeeClayton_
Joe Cole having his medical at West Ham is confirmed. Debut v Manchester United on Saturday if all goes to plan.

Wonder how much Liverpool had to pay him to get rid. Interested to see how sturridge does, have seen so little of him that I have no idea how good the signing is. But like the others they should get a couple of seasons and not be written off after 3 months.

Ketil B. Stensrud ‏@ketilbstensrud
A mate at John Lennon Airport apparently just spotted Wesley Sneijder being met by two guys. Interesting, if true. #LFC

IMO Ba is not a natural goal scorer. Pappis Cissé is the player Liverpool need.
The fact he has a bad season is due to the fact that Pardew is not playing him as a CF anymore and also because important midfielders like Cabaye, Tioté and Ben Arfa are or were injured.

Not sure if Ben Arfa isn't used as a forward, but he is one of the players that could provide Cissé with assists.

Whether Ba is not a goalscorer or not in anyone's opinion, the facts do the talking. He has scored goals in his last 3 teams as a striker (Hoffenheim, West Ham, Newcastle) and he has more goals in him than any other Liverpool player apart from Suarez.

Interesting thing about Ba going to Chelsea is that I think it will pave the way for Andy Carroll to return to Newcastle.

I was hoping we had signed Sturridge when Dalglish decided to go for Carroll few years ago. So in a way we may be coming full circle with Sturridge joining here and Carroll on his way back hopefully.

Cole will be a free transfer for WHU apparently..
http://www.talksport.co.uk/sports-n...pool-midfielder-joe-cole-set-west-ham-return-

i wish him all the best to be honest, he did nothing wrong personal wise, it´s not his fault he was signed on that disasterous deal from our point of view + he realy tried...just was not good enough..

i had high hopes when we signed him, but it realy didn´t worked out for him, he was at wrong place in wrong time...

Cole will be a free transfer for WHU apparently..
http://www.talksport.co.uk/sports-n...pool-midfielder-joe-cole-set-west-ham-return-

i wish him all the best to be honest, he did nothing wrong personal wise, it´s not his fault he was signed on that disasterous deal from our point of view + he realy tried...just was not good enough..

i had high hopes when we signed him, but it realy didn´t worked out for him, he was at wrong place in wrong time...

Good luck to Cole. I hope he does well.

Yes, it was a disastrous deal done by Purslow, who had a big hand replacing Rafa with Hodgson. Best to keep non-football people away from footballing decisions.

When Studge broke through at City (and even before that) I thought he was a cert to be England's number 9 for the next decade, the Lineker/Owen/Shearer of this generation. Unfortunately, due in the main to Mark Hughes' total fuckwittery, he left to Chelsea and his career stalled for the most part.
The good news is that he's young enough to recover and has made a good choice in moving to Liverpool where he SHOULD be guaranteed the striker role. I still think he has the potential to lead the England attack for the foreseeable future and I hope he fulfills that potential. I expect he will do really well for LFC and prove a bargain at 10-12m.

Last edited:

good half so far, we are controling the game, dominating thanks to finally working midfield...

the pressing is great and Henderson ESPECIALY! What a shite player, sell him!!!! :D

Henderson the stand-out player so far. Wisdom and Downing both doing well too.

Suarez assist to Sterling and well taken second goal in half time against Sunderland for those who missed out on match:

untitled-2vjr4i.gif

untitled-3wej8j.gif

hope we will score at least once more...the ref is giving all the decisions to Sunderland close to our box..

I've not been Gerrard's biggest fan but he's been pretty good over the last few games. That pass for Suarez's second goal ... :SHOCK: :APPLAUD:

OptaJoe ‏@OptaJoe
8 - Steven Gerrard's total of eight PL assists this season is only one short of his personal best in a PL season (9 in 2008-09). Vintage.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back
Top Bottom