Liverpool Thread

Re: Liverpool Thread

Gerrard is reborn.

i have a feeling thanks to Lucas and Henderson both bossing the midfield..

about Suarez goal, it realy is not ordinary to see player like him so often...

edit: i hope we score more goals tonight.

Did anyone notice the Henderson run that dragged cuellar away from suarez that made the space? Really good.
Lucas creating the balance now, but other than that the main difference is that the couple of chances sunderland had in the 1st half they missed. Whereas earlier in the season they mostly went in. A true test will be when the team goes behind imo, but its a decent run.

Sunderland had two dangerous chances as i count..

We play great tonight, realy great performance from whole team...

Only thing i´m worried is Rodgers chasing the Carra record and avoiding playing Coates instead... with all respect to Carra who is a legend of the club... I fear Coates will might go away and we can´t miss on such talent imo...

Sunderland had two dangerous chances as i count..

We play great tonight, realy great performance from whole team...

Only thing i´m worried is Rodgers chasing the Carra record and avoiding playing Coates instead... with all respect to Carra who is a legend of the club... I fear Coates will might go away and we can´t miss on such talent imo...

Seems quite likely that Coates is on his way out. Been interest from Italy and I think he's been offered to some Brazilian clubs too.

damn what a good last 2 games , scored 6 and didnt take any goal , hope we go on just like that :)

I think Henderson and Downing good match's some match's ago motivate whole team and I think this is very good , I'm looking forward for some more good matchs , Im really exited after this 2 last wins !

Gerrard was great , Suarez ? I honestly wont change it with ANY of strikers on EPL , hes WORLD CLASS ;)

we could easly score more , but i can live with that lol as long as we dont take any goal !

and the third one, i just can´t get enough :D

1357161012739.gif

Allen also showed some potential in his cameo in the attacking midfield role. Obviously, the game was over at the point, but he still worked the possession in the final 3rd very well.

However, after seeing Henderson's performance today and over the last few games, he has got to keep his place in the starting line-up. I'd like to see a late game line-up of Lucas/Henderson/Allen with Gerrard making way to Allen to see how that partnership would work. Allen needs to add a greater goalscoring threat to his game, ... something that he may not develop if he keeps sharing the pitch with (and deferring to) Gerrard.

Gerrard's pass for the 2nd goal was sublime!

Good result, Sunderland are a tough team to break down.

Suarez is unplayable.

Saw the match till it was 2:0 and then had to step outside. Great goals overall, and I really like seeing this midfield of Henderson/Lucas/Gerrard which really should be first choice now.

I was just thinking to myself how Sterling was doing nothing in the game, and a minute later, he scored a cool goal...LOL.

Interesting that none of our goals were a result of great passing moves, but quick incisive balls to the striker(s).

Suarez is top scorer of the EPL, which is amazing credit to him stepping up in the absence of other strikers in the team.

Still I don't want to get too excited about this. Still a long way to go and we are still battling the likes of West Brom/Swansea/Stoke and then above them Everton/Arsenal for 5th spot.

apparently Gameiro will come..

from another fourum:

Being serious L'equipe has Kevin Gamerio of PSG on a 6 month loan deal to us. I read it today in Paris. They stopped selling his shirt in the club shop down the Champ De Ellyses [sp] too because he's moving in January too.

I asked where the Kevin G. shirts were and they were told not to sell any more due to him moving from the club.

also Rodgers interview about transfers:

Rodgers on Cole talks and transfers

2nd Jan 2013

Brendan Rodgers has revealed that talks have taken place over the possible transfer of Joe Cole to West Ham.

Speaking after his side's 3-0 win over Sunderland, the Reds boss also explained how he did not expect any imminent signings following Wednesday's capture of Daniel Sturridge.

He said: "There is nothing in the pipeline. It was never going to be a busy month for us and there are not too many players available who could come in and help and improve what we're doing.

"We're not going to spend money needlessly but there is no doubt over the coming months we need to strengthen the squad.

"That will come with time."

On Cole, Rodgers added: "I spoke to Joe twice earlier. He's in talks with West Ham and West Ham have obviously been in contact with the club.

"That was earlier on today so I don't know how that materialised. We'll see if something happens on that."

Meanwhile, QPR boss Harry Redknapp revealed that he too had enquired about Joe Cole but that a deal to Loftus Road was now unlikely.

http://www.liverpoolfc.com/news/latest-news/rodgers-on-cole-talks-and-transfers

With Liverpool still in the process of trying to move out big earners to relocate funds, they will welcome Cole’s exit.

He is unlikely to be the only departure from Anfield this month. Nuri Sahin – signed on loan amid a degree of fanfare from Real Madrid last August – is also free to end his spell prematurely.

The Turkish midfielder has struggled to adapt to English football and has been relegated to the bench. Fulham have joined the chase to take him on loan, with former club Borussia Dortmund and Inter Milan also showing interest.

As with Cole, ending Sahin’s spell at Anfield will enable Rodgers to divert resources towards players he wants to recruit, rather than those inherited or thrust upon him.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/fo...-Cole-to-rejoin-West-Ham-with-3m-pay-off.html

Saw the match till it was 2:0 and then had to step outside. Great goals overall, and I really like seeing this midfield of Henderson/Lucas/Gerrard which really should be first choice now.

I was just thinking to myself how Sterling was doing nothing in the game, and a minute later, he scored a cool goal...LOL.

Interesting that none of our goals were a result of great passing moves, but quick incisive balls to the striker(s).

Suarez is top scorer of the EPL, which is amazing credit to him stepping up in the absence of other strikers in the team.

Still I don't want to get too excited about this. Still a long way to go and we are still battling the likes of West Brom/Swansea/Stoke and then above them Everton/Arsenal for 5th spot.

EXACTLY MY FRIEND....

This is what I have been posting throughout the season. Liverpool are not set up nor do they have the personnel for a long drawn out possession game, in fact Liverpool are at their very worst when they slow play down.

Last night Liverpool were direct, off the cuff, incisive. Just how we should play all the time. We looked deadly on the counter and this is the type of game that Rodgers should be playing week in week out.

Suarez doesn't need a crowded penalty box as we work the ball slowly for two minutes. I do think Rodgers has altered his tactics better lately, but he needs to go the whole hog now and play to our strengths.

I've been a massive critic of Henderson, but the last three months he has been superb. Effort, commitment, and now, no little skill. Lucas is the pivotal role to protect the over-rated CB's IMO, and Gerrard seems to have more licence to combine with Suarez.

Even Downing is raising his game, so Rodgers is doing plenty right at the moment. He just needs to ditch this ponderous possession game, and play more direct.

About Henderson: i told you so.
Absolutely delighted that he is playing well, by far my favourite Brittish player...

"They claim Cole, 31, has agreed a two-and-a-half year contract at Upton Park, on around £30,000 a-week, with Liverpool paying him £50,000 a week for the remaining 18-months of his deal at Anfield."

That's so bad.

"They claim Cole, 31, has agreed a two-and-a-half year contract at Upton Park, on around £30,000 a-week, with Liverpool paying him £50,000 a week for the remaining 18-months of his deal at Anfield."

That's so bad.

We're paying him £3m to end his contract compared to £7m if he stayed to see out his contract here, I've read.

That's so bad.

Wow. shocking if true :CONFUSE:

We're paying him £3m to end his contract compared to £7m if he stayed to see out his contract here, I've read.

Works out really, 50,000 a week for 18 months is around 3.5m, How much is he getting paid now at Liverpool?

£92k per week, I think.

Yep so that is around 6.5m-7m so sounds about right.

At the end of the day it saves you 4 million pounds over the next couple of years, from a player you hardly play. Sounds good to me, cutting your losses and wasting as little money as possible.

:LOL: Joe Cole must be laughing all the way to the bank.

We need more players like Onyewu.

There is no WAY Cole deserves any of that money.

It´s not a loan, we pay him half of his wages untill rest of the contract here wich was set to expire in 2014. That´s the pay off we gave him to ease the cost´s of WHU paying his sallary. He goes to WHU for free and we get rid of half of his sallary payement untill 2014. At least i think it´s this way

Back
Top Bottom