Liverpool Thread

Re: Liverpool Thread

I like ninjabreak very anti-American though. He didn't fancy Italians either who could forget the wc'06. My personal fav wum is hell raiser avatar mutd fan(forgot his name) plz tell me that wasn't plan m either.

Yeah DJ Doc and Plan M were different people, not sure how they both suddenly became one. Plan M in all honesty was quite funny. his constant use of 'depression pics' were worth a chuckle and he seemed to get under a lot of people's skin when Trolling.

DJ Doc never really did that, he just was a bit 'out there' and got stick for it along with being Plan M's buddy.

But if you ignore awkward questions, you do the same as dictators do.

Gerd... Little over the top in your comparison here...

Ignoring a poster you find annoying on a video game forum ≠ dictator.

Gerd... Little over the top in your comparison here...

Ignoring a poster you find annoying on a video game forum ≠ dictator.

Yes you're right.
But still, i think one can individually ignore a poster, but not ask everybody to ignore him...that is a bit manipulative and censorious (of that word even exists).

I'm sure if you search for an half hour, you will find post from me where i ask to ignore people...the thing is that i like both Plan M and DJ Doc...(and to be serious i always thought they were one and the same person). It's all very subjective...but i could helm myself to stand up for Benni...just going in Gandhi-mode....

Yeah DJ Doc and Plan M were different people, not sure how they both suddenly became one. Plan M in all honesty was quite funny. his constant use of 'depression pics' were worth a chuckle and he seemed to get under a lot of people's skin when Trolling.

DJ Doc never really did that, he just was a bit 'out there' and got stick for it along with being Plan M's buddy.

Dj doc's downfall were the video reviews...anyway, Benni isnt plan m, he's not funny.

Rory Smith ‏@RorySmithTimes
As I suspect most newspapers will be reporting tomorrow, #LFC should announce Sturridge+Ince in the first couple of days of Jan. Deals done.

£12m for Sturridge, on £60k per week. £4m for Ince, on £25k per week. Rory Smith suggesting in region of £18m for both so numbers are obviously rough.

Last edited by a moderator:

good deals if true, but we still need a top CF and get rid of some players..

i wouldn´t mind us signing another top CM-AM...

Sturridge cant even get into a chelsea team desperate for a strikers.

Ince very good player though.

Very good post on RAWK today which surprised me a lot. This LFC supporter sums up what is wrong at the club very well.

Where has it gone wrong bad owners followed by Inept owners, players playing for themselves not the club, bad signings by all the managers since Souness up to Rodgers although Brendan's have time to improve or get fitter.

Fans believing we have a right to be a top club not that we had to work to remain there, this set up a fan base who have no patience and think instant fixes will do for us. Media seemingly having us as a constant target or is that our paranoia? For FA read media.

Finally no infrastructure at the club, no vision, no clear strategy, people in jobs that they cannot hope to do well in way beyond their skills, no decent investment, too much bullshit not enough clear intentions over the ground, A PR disaster area for decades and bad luck.

good deals if true, but we still need a top CF and get rid of some players..

i wouldn´t mind us signing another top CM-AM...

Seems like Rodgers is not interested in Center-forwards, but speedy wing players who can chip in with goals. That's the Barcelona route alright, just feel this is not going to end well. Barca is unique, and may not be copied with much success. I look at Dortmund and the way they have setup with a good CF like Lewandowski supported by quick players on the wings, which is more effective.

We should be going for someone like Ba up front.

Meanwhile a good striker like Loic Remy is interested in moving to Newcastle after they showed interest.
Not sure why we are not even in the frame for such players.
The likes of Ba, Benteke, Remy are bought for cheap, and we end up paying 12m for guys who don't score goals.

Expect the same next year as well, 70% possession, and chances galore, battering other teams, but failing to win because we don't have many goalscorers.

Last edited:

tom ince is a class player, don't know why liverpool let him go. is a bit ridiculous to spend £4m on a player you got rid of just last year.

tom ince is a class player, don't know why liverpool let him go. is a bit ridiculous to spend £4m on a player you got rid of just last year.

Ince's contract was expiring and he and his dad/agent wanted an awful lot more in wages than we were prepared to offer an untested youngster. I think he wanted guarantees of playing time too. Paul Ince basically forced Tom's hand and told him to leave if we wouldn't give in and obviously Blackpool came in then.

He was actually doing well when he was in our reserves and on loan, it just seemed he had some crazy demands and neither party would back down.

Tony Barrett saying Liverpool still confident of getting Sturridge despite there being a snag very late last night. He was due for a medical today I think.

Liverpool desperate for a Striker yet are looking at unproven striker in Sturridge and Tom Ince?!

Mathewsss is right above..

this wont end well. Rodgers obsession with trying to play like Barcelona is going to come back and haunt him in a year's time. You can only play like Barcelona if you have Barcelona players.

Sturridge has 26 goals in 96 PL games, but he played 4478 minutes. That's a goal every 172 minutes, or better than 1 goal in 2 games.

Interesting stat.

Liverpool desperate for a Striker yet are looking at unproven striker in Sturridge and Tom Ince?!

Mathewsss is right above..

this wont end well. Rodgers obsession with trying to play like Barcelona is going to come back and haunt him in a year's time. You can only play like Barcelona if you have Barcelona players.

You have bizarre opinions.

seems like Sturridge deal is done , I'm not that sure if what we need right now is Sturridge , I think we need a classic type of striker , dos'nt need to be fast or have so much techniuque , we need a man of goal !

about Tom Ince I'm being honest here , I dont know anything about him ! dont even know where he plays lol

can someone make a formation how u think it will look "if" we sign Sturridge and Ince ?

Remember we play with 1 striker most of the time and that position is occupied by Suarez. So no I don't think we can buy any starting goal scoring striker that we all dream about. Even if we get someone good, he would probably need to be his late 20s or early 30s as he needs to be a super sub behind Suarez, which would be against the purchase policies of LFC as of late.

seems like Sturridge deal is done , I'm not that sure if what we need right now is Sturridge , I think we need a classic type of striker , dos'nt need to be fast or have so much techniuque , we need a man of goal !

about Tom Ince I'm being honest here , I dont know anything about him ! dont even know where he plays lol

can someone make a formation how u think it will look "if" we sign Sturridge and Ince ?

I don't think we will ever go for "classic" strikers since it does not fit in with Rodgers' philosophy of emulating Barcelona/Spain where the roles for the front-three are more fluid requiring interchanging positions and where each player can be pacy enough for the wings, and yet have an eye for goal when the chance comes. All sounds good on paper, but will it ever work for us, who knows?

Sturridge was good at Bolton, but from what I heard he can be a bit selfish at times not passing the ball. Let's see , I expect him to be on the left side of a front-3 with Suarez down the middle, and Sterling/Ince on the other side. With Ince I'm not too sure how quickly he will play in the first team. Look at what's happening with Assaidi, he hardly plays nowadays, and yet when he was signed he was known as a goalscoring wide player with good dribbling, etc.

ince i guess is not a winger but more an AM..

i hope we look on Jackson Martinez or Tim Matavz... i think young and affordable i guess...

Everton have beamed this image onto Anfield tonight.
Well done to them a wonderful gesture.
28081_459962220731583_768197090_n.png

Sturridge medical was due yesterday but held up because of a row over sell on fees. It's still expected to go through but we've lined up Kevin Gameiro on a 6-month loan if it falls through.

Tom Ince:

Was an interview with Comolli in mail yesterday. Explained that initially Ince was unsure Hodgson style would suit him.

When Roy left, #LFC made him 4 offers which he rejected. Would have been highest paid player outside 1st team.

So in truth #LFC didn't let him go...he chose to leave.

Back
Top Bottom