Liverpool Thread

Re: Liverpool Thread

Oh, i heard in Football Weekly that Rodgers has as much points as Hodgson in 17 matches.
The difference is that it is tolerated from Rodgers and Hodgson (because he was a bad communicator ?) never was accepted.

This again? Really?

Shall we discuss Suarez and how he's such a bad man again?

This again? Really?

Shall we discuss Suarez and how he's such a bad man again?

I never meant this as a provocation dags. I just stopped writing a furious reply to you, but that would have made nosense since you are not a bad guy, only so terribly blind and biased.

If i have offended you or if you feel provoked: i'm sorry, but that was never my intention. I honestly don't see what was wrong with my previous post. Must be cultural differences. I will never understand some English fans.

It wasn't even meant as criticism towards Rodgers, a manager i genuinely like.

I never meant this as a provocation dags. I just stopped writing a furious reply to you, but that would have made nosense since you are not a bad guy, only so terribly blind and biased.

If i have offended you or if you feel provoked: i'm sorry, but that was never my intention. I honestly don't see what was wrong with my previous post. Must be cultural differences. I will never understand some English fans.

The reasons for Liverpool not accepting Hodgson have been gone over loads of times already. And Rodgers has been discussed and it's pretty much agreed that he's got a lot of potential and has the right ideas on how he, and Liverpool, want to play football (as opposed to Hodgson).

Add that Rodgers has already had to play some of the hardest teams in the league so soon after taking over, he wasn't exactly going to be leading the league.

Hodgson was never going to fit Liverpool, Rodgers looks like he's got the potential to be very good for us. This season was never going to see us challenge for the league or anything like that. It's a season for Rodgers to put across his methods and work with what he can until it takes a few windows to rebuild.

Giving Hodgson numerous windows would've been a massive mistake given how poor his style of football and personnel skills were already showing him up in such a short space of time.

Zenith are a team with big troubles. Big chance for Liverpool to go through.

A few months ago I might be disagreed but you're absolutely right there. Seems like they're mostly fighting themselves right now, making Chelskis recent issues pale in comparison. Should be fun to watch.

That clip of Hulk being unhappy at being subbed off ... is he still unhappy? In poor form (hopefully)?

Supposedly he had a "clear the air" talk with Spaletti and the club directors and everything is ok now. But I think his body language suggests all is not totally well.

He is in very average form and that is being generous to say the least. He's played 14 games for Zenit and scored 3 goals - one against Milan in the home defeat and one away to Spartak and one away to KS Samara. Zenit's record in the Russian league with him is W4 D4 L1 and in the CL is W2 D1 L2. Kerzakhov has got 5 in that time, and even Witsel (who isnt actually a striker at all) has got 2 goals. Actually in fact Witsel has done fairly well at Zenit compared to Hulk and looks like the better player, they paid a lot of money for both players but Witsel has looked near to value for money whereas with Hulk it looks like Zenit got ripped off by more than double.

Supposedly he had a "clear the air" talk with Spaletti and the club directors and everything is ok now. But I think his body language suggests all is not totally well.

He is in very average form and that is being generous to say the least. He's played 14 games for Zenit and scored 3 goals - one against Milan in the home defeat and one away to Spartak and one away to KS Samara. Zenit's record in the Russian league with him is W4 D4 L1 and in the CL is W2 D1 L2. Kerzakhov has got 5 in that time, and even Witsel (who isnt actually a striker at all) has got 2 goals. Actually in fact Witsel has done fairly well at Zenit compared to Hulk and looks like the better player, they paid a lot of money for both players but Witsel has looked near to value for money whereas with Hulk it looks like Zenit got ripped off by more than double.

Cheers :TU:

Sturridge medical was due yesterday but held up because of a row over sell on fees. It's still expected to go through but we've lined up Kevin Gameiro on a 6-month loan if it falls through.

Both Sturridge and Ince deals are not done due to money problems, one with the agent fees, the other in valuation of Ince's transfer fee.

A feeling of deja vu and Dempsey/low-balling/etc

Gameiro looks a good striker though, but seems that FSG/Rodgers prefers young British talent.

Last edited:

But Witsel is more or less boycotted by some of his team mates, who are still pissed off because of his high wages. According to Nicolas Lombaerts (their CB), in the Belgian press, Zenith is a bit of a mess now. Some of the Russian players have done every thing they could to set up both Belgian players (Witsel-Lombaerts) against each other. One of the Russian players said that Lombaerts had given an interview in the Belgian press where he said that Zenith don't need Witsel and that he knows him very well from the national team and thinks he is completely useless...It was a rather clumsy attempt but Lombaerts was furious. And then there are some organized fans who have made a manifesto where they are saying that Zenith only want white and heterosexual players. The only foreigners they accpet at Zenith are either Slavic or Scandinavian players... There are rumours that some of the Russian players are behind this (both Hulk and Witsel being "coloured" players). It seems their dressing room is a mess...

There was a story in the media about Witsel getting a private jet trip back to Russia after the international break, for him and his dogs, while Lombaerts was put on second-class!

there was nothing wrong with it Gerd. I've notice DagsJT can post his opinion in other club thread and have small digs but he throws his toys out of the pram when someone posts truth in this Liverpool thread.

For reactions / opinions to Hodgson vs Rodgers please visit pages; 1000-1050, 925-950, 846-866, 785-801.

In other news, Sterling has signed a 5 year contract.

Great news about Sterling. I expected him to stay but there's always that little niggle that he might go somewhere else.

For reactions / opinions to Hodgson vs Rodgers please visit pages; 1000-1050, 925-950, 846-866, 785-801.

In other news, Sterling has signed a 5 year contract.

Assuming Sterling progresses that is great news for Liverpool. Unless everyone expects him to stay for the full 5 years he'll probably get bought for a substantially greater sum in the future than he'd be worth now. But hey, who knows, maybe he really loves LFC and stays with them through the length of his contract.

Assuming Sterling progresses that is great news for Liverpool. Unless everyone expects him to stay for the full 5 years he'll probably get bought for a substantially greater sum in the future than he'd be worth now. But hey, who knows, maybe he really loves LFC and stays with them through the length of his contract.

I don't think anyone expects too much loyalty to be fair. One reason to issue contracts is to have get-out clauses and also it bumps up his value in the market if he were to leave.

Now comes the hard part, he needs to live up the hype.

I don't think anyone expects too much loyalty to be fair. One reason to issue contracts is to have get-out clauses and also it bumps up his value in the market if he were to leave.

Now comes the hard part, he needs to live up the hype.

everyone talk about loyalty , but honestly it dosnt work like that , lets say u work for samsung and apple double your wage than you gonna work for them , its only a job , yeah its also love for football (as you can also love working with technology stuff) but still its a job !

about today match I think its going to be 1-0

everyone talk about loyalty , but honestly it dosnt work like that , lets say u work for samsung and apple double your wage than you gonna work for them , its only a job , yeah its also love for football (as you can also love working with technology stuff) but still its a job !

about today match I think its going to be 1-0
I predict 5-1 :))

Were we too good or Fulham was just awful??

Anyway, it was a comfortable victory. Either Downing or Enrique deserved to be the MOTM. It was by far Downing's best performance ever since his arrival and I hope he doesn't leave in January. I can see signs of improvement in him and there are other players on the bench whom we need to get rid of and Downing's not of them.

I watched parts of the game, seemed a bit more incisive without Allen in the lineup and with Enrique back and both Downing and Gerrard playing better games. Fulham were miserable, but we had to beat them and good we won 4:0 it helps our GD a bit.

Stoke on Wednesday will be tough as usual, then QPR away next weekend. If we can get 4 pts that will be fantastic and keep the momentum we had prior to the Villa game.

Great Christmas present and great win by the reds tonight..lot´s of good pressing game, we dominated whole game... Sterling should have that clear penalty and it would have been 5, also Agger should realy score from that distance...

Skrtel the match for me tonight, followed by Johnson and Enrique.

btw, Daniel Sturridge having medical at LFC tomorrow, according to John Aldridge.

edit:

With the goal scorer hahaha... Great result to go to Christmas!!! Enjoy everybody have a nice one!!!
481451_408484972554966_1670058003_n.jpg

Merry christmas fellow Reds ;)

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom