Liverpool Thread

Re: Liverpool Thread

after first half:

rE78A.png

first half looked good. we actually got beyond Suarez and look like scoring.

need a second though as knowing our luck!

Suarez being a twat again. Trying to punch the ball into the net now.

yeah he is passionate player and for that yellow we are facing West Ham without him..

Only oposite teams and their fans hate him..it´s realy obvious why.

we just can´t get enough. ;)

GOOD 3 points, especially with so many draws and bad results for Arsenal and Chelsea..

come on you reds!!!!

our next match's seems more easy (expect next one vs west ham where we play without Suarez , also Stoke one will be pretty hard) hope we get 14-18 points from this 6 matchs this month

Sat - 1 Southampton H 1 0 W W-DONE
Sun - 9 West Ham A 16:00 W/D W-DONE
Sat - 15 Aston Villa H 15:00 W
Sat - 22 Fulham H 17:30 W

Wed - 26 Stoke City A 19:45 W/D
Sun - 30 QPR A W

now 2 next matchs we have at home and we SHOULD win them both

I would stay behind my stats :D , if we goes like this and make 5 Win in row than we can easy be on CL spot (of course we still need a quality striker in january) but being on top 4 for new year can be really good :)

Last edited:

good game but shame we didnt score more than 1 goal , we had a lot of chances and keeping 1-0 its really dangerous , it can easy be 1-1 at last :/

our next match's seems more easy (expect next one vs west ham where we play without Suarez , also Stoke one will be pretty hard) hope we get 14-18 points from this 6 matchs this month

Sat - 1 Southampton H 1 0 W
Sun - 9 West Ham A 16:00 W/D
Sat - 15 Aston Villa H 15:00 W
Sat - 22 Fulham H 17:30 W
Wed - 26 Stoke City A 19:45 W/D
Sun - 30 QPR A W

EDIT: Shelvey wasn't good at all , I dont like he did many wrongs , I'm kind of Surprised he play 90min !

That is rather optimistic, I would be surprised if we got anything more than draws from any of those away games. Even the home games are not guaranteed wins.

With Suarez now banned, the game with West Ham would be ironic. Both Carroll and Suarez cannot play. So both teams need to use their backup strikers. Carlton Cole for West Ham, and for us it may be Joe Cole playing as false 9 as versus Young Boys.

That is rather optimistic, I would be surprised if we got anything more than draws from any of those away games. Even the home games are not guaranteed wins.

With Suarez now banned, the game with West Ham would be ironic. Both Carroll and Suarez cannot play. So both teams need to use their backup strikers. Carlton Cole for West Ham, and for us it may be Joe Cole playing as false 9 as versus Young Boys.

yeah those aren't guaranteed wins non of them , today too wasn't as i said scoring just once was dangerous to take a goal at last min's and get dissapointed .

as there isn't a match vs Manc's , Arsenal , Chelsea , Tottenham , Everton or even Newcastle I think can be more "easy" match's , and if we wanna be somewhere we should get at last 14 points from this games !

yeah without Suarez I dont know what we'll do but maybe any of young guys can start ? Morgan/Yesil ?

glad its only one match without Suarez :D

read the following this morning and I am sure residents DagsJT and PIPA will enjoy it as they love their stats and articles

Andy Carroll cost £33 million more than Michu, but he took 16 months to score 11 goals, when Michu scored 11 in a little over 3 months.

In his first 17 games, Michu already has more goals than Jordan Henderson and Stewart Downing (combined £40 million) have managed since they signed for Liverpool in the summer of 2011.

Liverpool spent £26 million on Joe Allen and Fabio Borini in the summer plus an unspecified load fee for Sahin, and Michu has outscored all three combined. Additionally, only Sahin has any goals to his name this season.

Last edited:

still grim reading though if you are liverpool fan

and Michu plays more in the hole behind striker doesnt he??

Yeah they aren't the best stats seeing as most of them aren't forwards or strikers? you might as well throw in the defenders as well, I bet Michu has scored more than all of the Liverpool defenders put together?! that is really bad ;))

I don't think anyone believes those purchases were worthwhile anymore. That horse is well and truly flogged.

More interesting is who LFC should get in January. If Ba is really available for under £8m, that'd be a great piece of business. I'd choose him over Bent any day of the week.

But I remain unconvinced that's the type of playing LFC need. You need someone with really good feet, to link up with Suarez, Gerrard and Sterling. A Michael Owen type player would be perfect. You don't need someone good in the air cause Rodgers doesn't want the ball to leave the ground ;)

Demba Ba is good, but Liverpool need a typical goal scorer and he isn't (although he scres a lot). Liverpool should go for Huntelaar, Llorente or PSG's Kevin Gameiro.

surely Llorente and Huntelaar want to join big club in CL though?

Huntelaar already gets CL football and I think he will join Arsenal..

Gameiro is good call though.

This brings up a question I've been meaning to ask Liverpool fans for a while.

Robbie Fowler, Michael Owen and Fernando Torres.

Did Liverpool destroy their careers or is it a coincidence?

Whatever the case may be, let's hope it doesn't happen to Sterling.

The complete opposite is the case here... Liverpool MADE their careers.

I'm not so sure about that.
They emerged at Liverpool, but Liverpool seems to have a tendency to use it's star players too much.
This was certainly the case with Fernando Torres (of course it didn't help that he had hardly any summer rest because of the Spanish national team).
People who know Liverpool much better than me can contradict this, but isn't the general problem of English clubs the calendar? English clubs play too much football with the FA Cup, the League and the League Cup. Add to that the CL or the Euro League and you got a problem if you don't rotate enough. And to me it seems that Liverpool never rotated enough compared to teams like Man Utd, Arsenal and Chelsea. It seem as if Liverpool's first eleven is very strong when they are succesfull, but i have the impression that the squad is not strong enough and that because of that most of the key players, play all the time.

The complete opposite is the case here... Liverpool MADE their careers.

I knew I'd get this kind of emotional based response at some point. Quite sad that it was the first one tho.

Liverpool certainly helped develop these players, perhaps not Torres but definitely Fowler and Owen, but the question still remains. It is possible to help develop but then also destroy a player's career. Owen believes he was overplayed and some of the stats seems to back his point up.

Last edited:

what are you talking about..? both Owen and Torres destroyed their careers by moving out of Liverpool, playing wise... they reached their maximum in red shirt..

Owen was all but overplayed, i remember he deliberately sit on bench in CL to make his dream Real Madrid move..

Owen was a youth player, so was Fowler...Torres was much doubted to perform in high stage once he came, even by some LFC fans i remember... year later he was worlds top striker.

Last edited:

Torres' career was over at Liverpool.

Forget it anyway, obviously the wrong place to ask the question.

Last edited:
I'm not so sure about that.
They emerged at Liverpool, but Liverpool seems to have a tendency to use it's star players too much.
This was certainly the case with Fernando Torres (of course it didn't help that he had hardly any summer rest because of the Spanish national team).
People who know Liverpool much better than me can contradict this, but isn't the general problem of English clubs the calendar? English clubs play too much football with the FA Cup, the League and the League Cup. Add to that the CL or the Euro League and you got a problem if you don't rotate enough. And to me it seems that Liverpool never rotated enough compared to teams like Man Utd, Arsenal and Chelsea. It seem as if Liverpool's first eleven is very strong when they are succesfull, but i have the impression that the squad is not strong enough and that because of that most of the key players, play all the time.

No such thing as too much football for me. They should train less if its an issue but the main games aren't that much in all honesty. 2 games a week. 180 minutes of football for Christ sake. When you look at it that way its quite pathetic when they moan about it. In all fairness, the players don't moan. They want to play every game. The best side about hardly change their team. You don't hear them complaining they are tired.

This is a weird argument, how can it proved to be that Liverpool destroyed their careers if they had there best form while playing for Liverpool?

It's nothing that can be proved or disproved, but what can be proved is that they played very very well when they were with Liverpool. How can Liverpool be blamed for them not playing at their peak forever?

It's more to do with the players than Liverpool imo.

Back
Top Bottom