Liverpool Thread

Re: Liverpool Thread

This "I want it now" generation of football fans is crazy. No patience, even when its obvious the manager has the ideas and mentality to suit the club.

this goes also for some owners... no respect and patience in the game what so ever... only money counts, win or you are out!

I disagree, Liverpool sit in 12th place a million miles away from where they should be.

if rodgers and liverpool are doing well, West Brom and West Ham managers should be winning Manager of the Decade awards!!

Tippy tappy taka tip toe football is ok if you have the players. Liverpool dont and Rodgers doesnt have any other way of playing.. football is about goals and Liverpool dont score them.

There is a different expectation from WBA owners and fans to their team and manager, there is therefore less pressure on them, oposite to LFC as a massive club with rich history where the aim is always end up as good as possible.

I say every game is different and we could win against United and loss against a team you wouldn´t expect.. same as other so called top clubs do sometimes.. i say there is still a lot to play for in this season..so i judge what Rodgers did here after the season ends..

Where best to stream tonights game? Can't believe Wigan v Man City has been chosen above some of the other games tonight.

We're not even half way into the season ffs (and Liverpool are in 11th, not 12th)

Should we beat Tottenham tonight (as difficult as that may be) then we're right back in the fight for European places.

This is what Liverpool supporters say every week:

"should we win this, should we win that"

and you dont.

You have the same amount of wins as Aston Villa this season. And remember that Rodgers has no experience of actually winning anything at the highest level.

I will repeat myself - what happens when Liverpool miss out on CL again this season. What happens to the likes of Suarez, Reina, Johnson, Agger, Skrtel...are you confident of them sticking around? And like PIPA pointed out, how patient will the owners be? Dalglish got sacked for winning a cup and finishing 8th last season - so a season without silverware and lower than 8th finish for Rodgers isnt progress, its going backwards.

But PIPA is also right, we should judge end of season and I am a little too harsh on Livrpool at times. But I dont buy into Rodgers talk off the field - he needs to start proving things ON the field.

and you dont.

You have the same amount of wins as Aston Villa this season. And remember that Rodgers has no experience of actually winning anything at the highest level.

I will repeat myself - what happens when Liverpool miss out on CL again this season. What happens to the likes of Suarez, Reina, Johnson, Agger, Skrtel...are you confident of them sticking around? And like PIPA pointed out, how patient will the owners be? Dalglish got sacked for winning a cup and finishing 8th last season - so a season without silverware and lower than 8th finish for Rodgers isnt progress, its going backwards.

But PIPA is also right, we should judge end of season and I am a little too harsh on Livrpool at times. But I dont buy into Rodgers talk off the field - he needs to start proving things ON the field.

The players need to start doing their talking on the field. Too much emphasis is put on managers tbh. When they cross the white line, players need to step up to the plate.

Did I say Rodgers should be sacked ?
All I said was I have my doubts about him. Why does there have to be only 2 extremes when it comes to supporting Liverpool ? Either fans say the manager is perfect and blameless or he needs to be sacked !!!

I'm not saying he needs to be sacked. Of course he needs time, but I'm not going to just sit there blindly till the end of the season without passing comment. If you express some doubts, then you're labelled impatient, or a fucking idiot !!! I think that speaks more about your reaction than my comments.

And who said that you can't doubt the manager after 4 months? Is there some rule that I can only express my feelings after the season is over.

I just made my observations based on the games I have seen and his general dealings. Of course Rodgers is far better than Hodgson.

But that does not mean I'm going to say Rodgers is the perfect manager and he can make no mistake.

Some of you guys need to take a chill pill, Liverpool is not life or death.

Last edited:

I've never known an Inter Milan fan be so obsessed with Liverpool? usually Man United supporters........:THINK:

I've never known an Inter Milan fan be so obsessed with Liverpool? usually Man United supporters........:THINK:

I am fascinated by Liverpool and Aston Villa supporter (I even wrote a paper on their club in college)

but there are no Villa fan on here so I am stuck with this.

Plus this is only busy club thread on forums. Arsenal thread is just you and Johnny posting laughing smilies and man Utd thread is just beach ryan pretending he knows better than Alex Ferguson.

Gerd also posts a lot in here and Chelsea thread but he does not support either?

and have you seen the Inter thread? I have tried to revive it but its not happening.

anyway, whats it got to do with you where I post?

I am fascinated by Liverpool and Aston Villa supporter (I even wrote a paper on their club in college)

but there are no Villa fan on here so I am stuck with this.

Plus this is only busy club thread on forums. Arsenal thread is just you and Johnny posting laughing smilies and man Utd thread is just beach ryan pretending he knows better than Alex Ferguson.

Gerd also posts a lot in here and Chelsea thread but he does not support either?

and have you seen the Inter thread? I have tried to revive it but its not happening.

anyway, whats it got to do with you where I post?

:OOOH: just an observation :DD

I do love my smilies though.

and you dont.

Youre so blinkered you missed my point, which is that league position is unimportant right now and just one win can change everything.

Benni, if you are DJ (wich i would like, i always liked you), then weren't you a Man Utd fan?
From Man Utd to Villa is IMO a giant leap forward....it takes courage to support Villa.

Did I say Rodgers should be sacked ?
All I said was I have my doubts about him. Why does there have to be only 2 extremes when it comes to supporting Liverpool ? Either fans say the manager is perfect and blameless or he needs to be sacked !!!

I'm not saying he needs to be sacked. Of course he needs time, but I'm not going to just sit there blindly till the end of the season without passing comment. If you express some doubts, then you're labelled impatient, or a fucking idiot !!! I think that speaks more about your reaction than my comments.

And who said that you can't doubt the manager after 4 months? Is there some rule that I can only express my feelings after the season is over.

I just made my observations based on the games I have seen and his general dealings. Of course Rodgers is far better than Hodgson.

But that does not mean I'm going to say Rodgers is the perfect manager and he can make no mistake.

Some of you guys need to take a chill pill, Liverpool is not life or death.

People whinging after 11 league games are the ones who need to take a chill pill imo. I'm not just talking about Liverpool either. Adkins at Southampton under pressure the other week. The Saints came up 2 divisions. What do the fans expect? It all does my nugget in.

Only 7 minutes for Downing to be found out, that experiment was never going to work and now we're paying for it.

Lack of any tempo and desire is costing us again. So slow to bother doing anything whereas Spurs are chasing everything with pace and power.

Embarrassing so far.

Last edited by a moderator:

People whinging after 11 league games are the ones who need to take a chill pill imo. I'm not just talking about Liverpool either. Adkins at Southampton under pressure the other week. The Saints came up 2 divisions. What do the fans expect? It all does my nugget in.

its actually over 25 games in charge for rodgers if you count cup games

We've been a LOT better since the second goal went in but why start so slowly again? Our lack of finishing is costing us as usual, we could've had a couple of goals had we had better finishers and a bit more luck.

If we score early in the second half then we might snatch a draw but I just feel it's too much an ask now.

So easy to play against Liverpool under rodgers.

Press them high up pitch and hit them on counter attacks.

No plan b for him either.

We improved so much after their second goal, why aren't we showing the same character from the start of games? By far the better team tonight and unlucky not to draw the match.

Like I said, there are 2 extremes of supporting Liverpool. Some folks will never question anything as if the manager was untouchable. Some others will say "Rodgers out" after the first defeat.
For me I am in between. I like some of his ideas, but some of his other ideas I feel are wrong. That does not make me or others who think like me, as plastic or impatient or wanting instant success or "fucking idiots" as you claim them to be.

Back
Top Bottom