Liverpool Thread

Re: Liverpool Thread

just curious, why are Liverpool playing away in Black when the opponents are wearing all-white ? Looks crap imo.

becouse they have to use it some times i think...

it´s one of worst LFC kits ever imo..i think we lost also becouse of that lol...

I was'nt expecting us to win today, given that Spurs almost always beat us at White-hart-lane.

But why again is Rodgers so biased in his post-match assessment

"I thought we were absolutely magnificent," he said. "I don't think we can come here and play any better than that."

From what I heard we were not that great in the first half, and woke up after the Bale o.g.

My working theory on Rodgers is that he thinks the owners only read post-match interviews, and don't actually watch the games or check the scores.

To see you can't come to a ground and play better...and lose...suggests that you view it is impossible to have won. No sensible manager says that.

My working theory on Rodgers is that he thinks the owners only read post-match interviews, and don't actually watch the games or check the scores.

To see you can't come to a ground and play better...and lose...suggests that you view it is impossible to have won. No sensible manager says that.

read my sig.. managers say what they want ppl to believe not see.

Rodgers was pretty much correct, we did play really well after theirbvsecond goal and were the better team. If we played like that from the start, it could've been a very different game.

Could...would...if...the better team...

I will say what i said after the 5-2 loss against Arsenal: in the end there is only one thing that really matters and that is winning...all the rest is loose talk, damage control. Spurs won, that is what matters.

I haven't seen the match (will watch it because i recorded it) but if the biggest satisfaction of a Liverpool fan is the own-goal of Bale, then there is either something wrong with kevano, or Liverpool's performance wasn't exactly fantastic.

I do know one thing, Liverpool could certainly use a player like Bale.

It's not satisfaction Gerd, it was just really funny.

Liverpool played well but as usual lacked the composure and quality in the final 3rd. And were easily equal to Spurs, well besides the goals. Was thinking to myself that the only way Liverpool would score would be through an own goal after the first near OG clearance in the first half. Henderson should have scored at 1-0, then 30 sec later a dive under pressure results in a goal at the other end...

It's not satisfaction Gerd, it was just really funny.

Liverpool played well but as usual lacked the composure and quality in the final 3rd. And were easily equal to Spurs, well besides the goals. Was thinking to myself that the only way Liverpool would score would be through an own goal after the first near OG clearance in the first half. Henderson should have scored at 1-0, then 30 sec later a dive under pressure results in a goal at the other end...

Did Reina have much else to do besides their two goals? I think one or two other shots but besides that we were all over Spurs. Annoying that we were so slack at the start and their only real efforts went in but that's the price for being slow at the beginning.

OptaJoe ‏@OptaJoe
37% - Liverpool have the worst shooting accuracy in the Premier League this season. Duck.

If it wasn't for Suarez, we'd be screwed this season. Nobody else can put the ball into the net. We could've done with keeping Kuyt really.

Or Maxi Rodriguez (15 goals in 57 matches), or Craig Bellamy (6 in 27), he got rid of some decent goal-scoring midfielders and replaced them with mediocre players at best. Signings like Allen and Borini just dont really look like scoring (almost 20 league games between them and no goals), and even if you look at their records at prior clubs they're not really proven goal scorers at all.

Rodgers seems to have this obession with playing "neat" football, whereby all that is important is a player's ability to pass a ball quickly over very short distances and usually sideways. I think the obession is blinding other elements of the team. I've seen Liverpool's defenders needlessly try and pass their way out of tight situations this season, when just clearing the ball would have been much better, and equally well there have been times when, attacking the goal, theyve over passed the ball, delayed, and allowed the opposition another chance to defend in numbers.

Maxi and Bellamy both wanted to leave, not sure we could do much about that.

Kuyt was someone who I'm not convinced did want to leave though. I think he's scored 10 goals in 21 games for Fenerbahce although the Turkish league probably isn't the same level as the Premier League? Still, he could score goals and worked hard so maybe it was a financial (wages) decision to let him go.

Could...would...if...the better team...

I will say what i said after the 5-2 loss against Arsenal: in the end there is only one thing that really matters and that is winning...all the rest is loose talk, damage control. Spurs won, that is what matters.

I haven't seen the match (will watch it because i recorded it) but if the biggest satisfaction of a Liverpool fan is the own-goal of Bale, then there is either something wrong with kevano, or Liverpool's performance wasn't exactly fantastic.

I do know one thing, Liverpool could certainly use a player like Bale.

good post again gerd as usual

Liverpool currently 4 points off relegation and 14 games played..

I would be very concerned as LFC fan right now..

And those that say "we play well"...maybe? But playing well and still losing?? Look at Man City and Man Utd, they can play BAD and still win.

Play well and still lose is bad bad news.

A8v2jndCMAIgpvN.jpg:large

possible anfield redevelopment...

An interesting article, but I feel this is hyping up Rodgers to the high heavens !!

Just look at this quote
"There is no flaw in Rodgers’ scheme, only in the club’s ownership and some of the players he was given. "

What are you telling me that Rodgers is blameless. That is precisely my point. If his system does not suite the players and he is not going to be getting any money to buy "his" players, then surely he should be flexible in creating a system more tailored to the existing players. We are worse off than last season when Dalglish had "his" players.

I don't think just blaming the owners or players is the answer.

And don't start calling me impatient. Even ex-players like Ronnie Whelan and have started questioning things.

http://www.liverpool-kop.com/2012/1...at-liverpool-being-twelfth-in-the-league.html

I agree with you Matthew. For instance, isn't trying to play a system for which you don't have the players a flaw anyway? He's obsessed with trying to play a short passing game, but Liverpool don't have enough players of that type available in their squad. Furthermore, there aren't even that many player quality players (who play that type of game) available on the open market. Wouldnt he have been better off trying to phase this type of football in over a whole season rather than diving into the deep end immediately.

For me it is very simple. Dalglish ruined us, we can not expcect results in the short term. Liverpool have to make decisions and buy players to be competitive in 3-5 years. Any other thing is utopical.

Yeah, strikers from the French second division have a great track record in the Prem.

well they dont have any money to buy anyone decent,i would have thought that they could have bought jordan rhodes for nothing but they missed the boat with that one too

as for todays game i see another 90minute struggle with probably a 1-0 or a 1-1 scoreline

glad to see lucas back , not sure what Shelvey is doing there tho , 3 points is what we need hope to get a good win :D cmon reds

45274_454880407908938_209466673_n.jpg

25 minutes in and our midfield already looking miles better. Lucas, half-fit, is breaking up attacks and setting up counter attacks, Gerrard and Allen both getting up the pitch and getting involved. Great to have Lucas back finally.

Back
Top Bottom