Liverpool Thread

Re: Liverpool Thread

James Pearce confirms in his web chat that #LFC will look to offload Stewart Downing & Joe Cole in January.

James Pearce also confirms we've watched Tom Ince & Daniel Sturridge may not be our top target, but he is being considered for January.

Pearce describes Liverpool's interest in Theo Walcott as 'very serious'.

So Suso then, is his best position going to be on one of the flanks in a front three or behind the Striker?

So no Liverpool supporters gave Hodgson trouble? you always act like best fans in the world when you are not.

just look at RAWK - some of the stuff I read about Hodgson is disgusting

and every poster on there wishes death on Ferguson.

You cant blame chelsea fans, I dreaded him coming to Inter. We lost Mourinho and got in a manager who couldnt even get you CL football for god sake.

this is why Chelsea fan not happy:

article-2236795-16265F8D000005DC-347_634x702.jpg

awful, arrogant man with no people skills. he wont last 2 mins at Chelsea.

seriously how old are you? 10? every one wishes death to Ferguson? ...stop posting bullshit man.

So no Liverpool supporters gave Hodgson trouble? you always act like best fans in the world when you are not.

just look at RAWK - some of the stuff I read about Hodgson is disgusting

and every poster on there wishes death on Ferguson.

You cant blame chelsea fans, I dreaded him coming to Inter. We lost Mourinho and got in a manager who couldnt even get you CL football for god sake.

this is why Chelsea fan not happy:

article-2236795-16265F8D000005DC-347_634x702.jpg

awful, arrogant man with no people skills. he wont last 2 mins at Chelsea.

isn't he right about that ? thats one of best pic iv seen so far thanks for posting it :D

and Rafa is great trainer I wish him good luck all tho I don't really like to say this as hes part of chelsea now but hey I still respect him for what he has done for us

James Pearce confirms in his web chat that #LFC will look to offload Stewart Downing & Joe Cole in January.

James Pearce also confirms we've watched Tom Ince & Daniel Sturridge may not be our top target, but he is being considered for January.

Pearce describes Liverpool's interest in Theo Walcott as 'very serious'.

I think Walcott will be a better choice than Sturridge, because Walcott has a more experience and is more clinical, scoring and creating goals.

I don't know how he can go to a club that has fans who booed the 96 not so long ago. Money talks I guess.

More than the money, it's the chance for actually winning something and making a name for himself. He probably thinks this is a short-term opportunity to try and win some trophies and be more marketable for the next high-profile job in the summer, which could be at Real or Man city.
I don't think anyone should judge him for joining any other club, especially when the previous owners got him out of the club, and the current owners snubbed him, what do you expect him to do, just sit and rot ?

Please don't ignore the fact that Rafa has done a LOT to support the Hillsborough cause and has personally financially helped the cause/families.
Let's not become silly like the Chelsea fans.

More than the money, it's the chance for actually winning something and making a name for himself. He probably thinks this is a short-term opportunity to try and win some trophies and be more marketable for the next high-profile job in the summer, which could be at Real or Man city.
I don't think anyone should judge him for joining any other club, especially when the previous owners got him out of the club, and the current owners snubbed him, what do you expect him to do, just sit and rot ?

Please don't ignore the fact that Rafa has done a LOT to support the Hillsborough cause and has personally financially helped the cause/families.

well said ;)

btw i love this celebration of Shelvey when he scores , its so unique , did any other player celebrate like this before ?

Fucking idiotic team. Why mess about trying to score and lose all team shape? We should've just been holding the ball up. Absolutely idiotic behaviour and the likes of Gerrard need a bollocking for not telling the others to hold up the ball.

Unbelievable.

henderson right back ? downing left back ? im glad we loan Carroll coz im afraid Rodgers could use him as goalkeeper tonight !

I'm not being silly and I'm not stupid and realise all what you said. Of course he's going to take the job. Just can't stand Chelsea though.

henderson right back ? downing left back ? im glad we loan Carroll coz im afraid Rodgers could use him as goalkeeper tonight !

Rodgers got it wrong today with his selections in defence. And why on earth were we not more serious in the last 5 minutes. We could have killed time or at least kept the ball. No need for hollywood stuff in their half. Barcelona or Spain will keep the ball and run the time out. Did Rodgers forget that?

But in a way we can't blame him. What experience does he have at this level ? Managing a team in the Europa League is the pinnacle of his career. He's only managed teams that were in Division 1 before. All he has going for him is his "philosophies" which are just borrowed theories at this point.

Last edited:

I'm not being silly and I'm not stupid and realise all what you said. Of course he's going to take the job. Just can't stand Chelsea though.

Can you give me one objective and rational reason why anyone would hate a football club?

What is wrong with Chelsea ?

This season they have being playing some smashingly good football (some bad too, but at least they aren't boring to watch).

Is it because they have a rich owner? Well maybe you should hate Liverpool too, no?

Is it because Terry is a twat? Are you sure there are no Terry playing for Liverpool ? (i could give you a few names)

Is it because Chelsea is not acting according financial fair-play? Not a single EPL club is.

I know it is becoming some sort of rant (and i apologize for it), but i don't see what is wrong with Chelsea that isn't wrong with any other EPL club, they are just as bad or as good as any other football club

Cool, So I guess the long term plan is

-Sterling-Suarez-Walcott
----------Suso---------

If Walcott went to liverpool one of the main reasons would be to play as a central striker, liverpool would probably have to guarantee him that to get him (unless he is talking bullshit about the biggest problem he has at Arsneal right now?)

Can you give me one objective and rational reason why anyone would hate a football club?

What is wrong with Chelsea ?

This season they have being playing some smashingly good football (some bad too, but at least they aren't boring to watch).

Is it because they have a rich owner? Well maybe you should hate Liverpool too, no?

Is it because Terry is a twat? Are you sure there are no Terry playing for Liverpool ? (i could give you a few names)

Is it because Chelsea is not acting according financial fair-play? Not a single EPL club is.

I know it is becoming some sort of rant (and i apologize for it), but i don't see what is wrong with Chelsea that isn't wrong with any other EPL club, they are just as bad or as good as any other football club

I don't hate them. I never said that did I? I don't like them though. Never have. Booing the 96 not so long ago was disgusting. I know that's not all fans but I was disgusted with that. I've seen Liverpool fans do it to United and United to Liverpool. There are morons everywhere.

I appreciate they have been playing well. I'm not blind but I'm not fussed on the club.

Some fans booing the 96 is not a reason IMO. Like you already said: you realize yourself that it's not all fans (and even so, fans are not the club).
The atmosphere around English football is very special at it's best (and Anfield is a very good example) it's fantastic. But at it's worst (and i'm not talking about you here) i really don't get it. I understand that fans are passionate about their favourite club, i don't understand why people are passionate against clubs...

I really don't understand the reactions of some Chelsea fans regarding Benitez, that is moronic. I also don't understand why clubs like Chelsea and Man City are so universally disliked.

I'm a Belgian football fan and i can assure you that the (financial) difference between our clubs and any EPL club is much, much bigger than between Chelsea and the other EPL clubs. People perceive Chelsea and City as cheaters and a club like Arsenal as a club that is run like a good football club should be administrated (or whatever you call that in England). Ask people in Beveren which club they prefer: Arsenal or Chelsea...they will all prefer Chelsea (and that is only an example).

Anyway, this was not meant as a personal attack, i really want to try and understand this, but their must be some cultural difference...

Some fans booing the 96 is not a reason IMO. Like you already said: you realize yourself that it's not all fans (and even so, fans are not the club).
The atmosphere around English football is very special at it's best (and Anfield is a very good example) it's fantastic. But at it's worst (and i'm not talking about you here) i really don't get it. I understand that fans are passionate about their favourite club, i don't understand why people are passionate against clubs...

I really don't understand the reactions of some Chelsea fans regarding Benitez, that is moronic. I also don't understand why clubs like Chelsea and Man City are so universally disliked.

I'm a Belgian football fan and i can assure you that the (financial) difference between our clubs and any EPL club is much, much bigger than between Chelsea and the other EPL clubs. People perceive Chelsea and City as cheaters and a club like Arsenal as a club that is run like a good football club should be administrated (or whatever you call that in England). Ask people in Beveren which club they prefer: Arsenal or Chelsea...they will all prefer Chelsea (and that is only an example).

Anyway, this was not meant as a personal attack, i really want to try and understand this, but their must be some cultural difference...

And if Arsenal were winning more lately, the Beveren people would probably like them more. Sheep basically.

Sometimes you just don't like things. I don't like Chelsea (they aren't the only club I'm not overly fussed on).
If I met some of their players personally then they could seem like decent blokes but I'm not fussed on the way they come across when I see them on TV. City and Chelsea aren't cheating but I don't like the fact that the money talks for these. Would I complain if it happened to my club? No but it's annoying when some clubs have built and built for years and years and these other ones haven't earned it in the same way.

Booing the 96 is one reason. It's not the reason. I don't hate the club at all. I'm just not fussed on them. You might not be fussed on an individual person while one of your mates likes them. We are all different my friend.

I dislike them more than I dislike some other clubs. To be honest, I don't have much interest in clubs other than my own. I hope they do well in Euro comps if they are a club I don't mind but I didn't like the way Chelsea won the final last year. The defended for the majority of the last 3 games and they bored me. Fair play to them for winning it though as they did what they had to do. Their team this year is a breath of fresh air compared to last but still dominated by some Euro teams.

Anyway, it's a combination of things over the years. They just annoy me.

I dont know if City and Chelsea are really that universally disliked. Sure fans of the other "big" teams in England: Arsenal, Liverpool, Man Utd, Tottenham at a push, don't like them. And in Chelsea's case local rivals (Fulham, QPR) don't like them. But does your average Fulham fan hate Man City more or less than another PL team? Do Sunderland, Stoke, Reading fans hate Man City or Chelsea more than other big teams? And dropping down the leagues I'm not sure that Forest or Leeds fans hate those two teams more than other teams.

For instance on the last day of last season you had both Sunderland and QPR fans celebrating when Man City won the league (at the Stadium of Light and in the away end at Eastlands).

If Walcott went to liverpool one of the main reasons would be to play as a central striker, liverpool would probably have to guarantee him that to get him (unless he is talking bullshit about the biggest problem he has at Arsneal right now?)

That's just his angle, I doubt he'd say the same thing once he got his move.

That's just his angle, I doubt he'd say the same thing once he got his move.

But regarding his career, at the moment anyway (you never know what it would be like at the end of the season) it would be a step back for him to move to Liverpool unless Arsenal do not make the champs league next year and Liverpool do? I suppose Liverpool have won stuff more recently than us I guess and he is supposed to have supported Liverpool, so I suppose it does make sense.

But regarding his career, at the moment anyway (you never know what it would be like at the end of the season) it would be a step back for him to move to Liverpool unless Arsenal do not make the champs league next year and Liverpool do? I suppose Liverpool have won stuff more recently than us I guess and he is supposed to have supported Liverpool, so I suppose it does make sense.

Playing time, I guess. He'd be a starter at Liverpool as opposed to being a sub.

Tbh Arsenal have stood still for years now and arent looking likely to go anywhere but 5th. At Liverpool he could be part of something thats being developed to coincide with his prime and he would likely be a big part of that...if it works out. I know, with money being equal which I would choose.

Rodgers: "In January we'll reinforce, absolutely." Watch the full interview on Football Focus.

Back
Top Bottom