Liverpool Thread

Re: Liverpool Thread

I don't think Juve rumours about Suarez are true at all, even if they were Juventus can't afford Suarez. I fear a big offer from City may be accepted by Liverpool.

That would be a huge loss and I'd only be happy if we spend the cash generated from Suarez' sale on these players: Falcao/Cavani/Aguero + Mata/Oscar/Reus...

I don't think Juve rumours about Suarez are true at all, even if they were Juventus can't afford Suarez. I fear a big offer from City may be accepted by Liverpool.

That would be a huge loss and I'd only be happy if we spend the cash generated from Suarez' sale on these players: Falcao/Cavani/Aguero + Mata/Oscar/Reus...

If we sell Suarez, it will not be to sign Falcao/Cavani/Aguero or anyone of that caliber.
If we end up selling Suarez, either Rodgers will resign and/or we will end up with low budget signings.

selling Suarez would be a mistake, even if we did so, we would inflate the market and others would want massive amounts from us for players that are not worth that...

i expect us to buy more smart and buy players that could fit the system, rather than buy superstars..

what made Suarez want to sign for us was the partnership with Torres, not the partnership with Carroll if you know what i mean... and we are not in position to buy any players of the calibre you written above..

only if players like that would love to join us and take pay cut...becouse we can´t afford to pay them as they are payed now already..i supose..or as much they would be payed in City etc..

selling Suarez would be no brainer, since he is the only left player who gives us hope for future to somehow lure other top players here to play with him... sad but true.

selling Suarez would be a mistake, even if we did so, we would inflate the market and others would want massive amounts from us for players that are not worth that...

i expect us to buy more smart and buy players that could fit the system, rather than buy superstars..

what made Suarez want to sign for us was the partnership with Torres, not the partnership with Carroll if you know what i mean... and we are not in position to buy any players of the calibre you written above..

only if players like that would love to join us and take pay cut...becouse we can´t afford to pay them as they are payed now already..i supose..or as much they would be payed in City etc..

selling Suarez would be no brainer, since he is the only left player who gives us hope for future to somehow lure other top players here to play with him... sad but true.
That is exactly what you said last year to defend every one of Dalglish buys ...

yeah, i believed in Dalglish system back then, but i believe in Rodgers more to be fair.. he needs his own players imo.. or at least a financial backing as Dalglish got..

yeah, i believed in Dalglish system back then, but i believe in Rodgers more to be fair.. he needs his own players imo.. or at least a financial backing as Dalglish got..

To be honest, after the financial fiasco of last season and this was after Dalglish saying that the club will be financially responsible, we went and spent such large sums on Carroll+Downing+Henderson.

I am afraid of even Rodgers getting large financial backing, because as Dalglish proved, that spending big money is no guarantee of success. Rodgers has already spent 25m on two players out of which one has been a qualified success in Joe Allen, but was he worth 15m? Not so sure when I see that the likes of Cabaye and Tiote cost less. Even Lucas cost far less than Allen.

And 10m on Borini, compared to what Newcastle paid for both Cisse and Ba together. And Everton paid under 10m for Jelavic, Mirallas. Assaidi seems to have disappeared. Sahin also looks a shadow of the few good games he had against WBA, Norwich.
Maybe they will turn out better soon. But at the moment we look 3-4 players short of a top-6 team.

British players are always more expensive than others... + he was avileable and the coach knew him.. it´s logical he wanted him and he was sure about his price.. remember we didn´t wanted to fight with Tottenham about Sigurdsson, becouse BR knew he isn´t worth the money..

about Borini, he is younger than both you mention + his sallary is less imo.. so it´s not all about the buying price always... Also we had to fight for his signature with Roma, where he had a great season and was called for Italy.. in Ba and Cisse case i don´t know about their contracts situation, but i think Ba contract ended in Hoffenheim back then..

Don´t agree on Assaidi mate, he didn´t dissapear imo.. Sahin isn´t the same as the one from Dortmund..but he wasn´t the same even in Real.. he needs to step up his game if he want´s to get a contract here or stay at Real.. he needs to impress and he knows it..

i wouldn´t say we look 3-4 players of top 6, more like 2-3 good players of top 4... one striker, one left back and one attacking midfielder...

Don't you guys think Assaidi should be given more playing time?
He picked up an injury I think, that's why he disappeared for now but he wasn't being used before, not even in Europa League.
If he doesn't receive more playing time now with all the absences in our squad, I don't know what will happen with him after January when we're supposed to strengthen our squad.

Lmao, just watching the halftime show on the sports channel and the presenter gives an apology for saying they would show highlights from 3 of the matches but that it will only be 2 as they couldn find any highlights from the Liverpool match...

2 great goals and then he should have be been sent off,suarez is something else! Third goal just gone in,easy today for liverpool

:LMAO:

Henderson has had a very good game since he came on. But seeing as he hasn't scored a hat-trick, I still expect the usual people in here not to recognise it.

:LMAO:

Henderson has had a very good game since he came on. But seeing as he hasn't scored a hat-trick, I still expect the usual people in here not to recognise it.

i just hope they dont concede,jose enrique has played really well today too at LM. Downing wont be there after january. Should be 6-0 now

Henderson played becouse of small injury to Suso...but he did ok

Suarez is carrying us right now..

good win but also good performance by the team, good to see Reina back..

Enrique's best performance in Liverpool's shirt without a doubt.
I kinda like this new formation 3-4-3, Enrique has such a great understanding with Suarez and I think those two are capable to produce a lot of goals.

Henderson did well too, I think he deserves more playing time and with Lucas back I think the season for us has just started ... YNWA ...

Enrique's best performance in Liverpool's shirt without a doubt.
I kinda like this new formation 3-4-3, Enrique has such a great understanding with Suarez and I think those two are capable to produce a lot of goals.

Henderson did well too, I think he deserves more playing time and with Lucas back I think the season for us has just started ... YNWA ...

Rodgers must be watching inter milan this season with liverpools new formation very similar to inters

Since the match was not shown on my channel, I'm curious to know, it looks like Enrique played a good game and so did Suarez as usual. What was the formation? Did Suso play attacking midfield ? And when Hendo came on, what was his role? Fair play to Hendo if he did well. He may turn out to be a Lucas-type revelation few years from now, or not. But once Lucas is back, it will be interesting to see how Allen plays more up closer to the attack where apparently Rodgers claims he is better suited.

Anyway glad to see a win, and it's now 7 games without defeat. Hope we can continue to move up the table.

The system was this;

--------------------reina--------------------
Wisdom---skrtl---------agger---johnson
--------------allen------henderson
Sterling---------gerrard---------enrique
------------------suarez--------------------

With the team going to 3 at the back depending on which side they were attacking, so either wisdom or johnson would be wide midfielders with sterling or enrique tucking in as a 2nd striker. Suso was in Gerrard's position before the switch.

The system was this;

--------------------reina--------------------
Wisdom---skrtl---------agger---johnson
--------------allen------henderson
Sterling---------gerrard---------enrique
------------------suarez--------------------

With the team going to 3 at the back depending on which side they were attacking, so either wisdom or johnson would be wide midfielders with sterling or enrique tucking in as a 2nd striker. Suso was in Gerrard's position before the switch.

Sounds good, it was good to see Enrique being so effective in the attacking 3rd, and his partnership with Suarez, and Suarez's understanding with Sterling was impressive. Sterling had great composure to pass to Suarez for the 1st goal.
Long may it continue.

Thanks Dags for the video link.

Last edited:

Nik ‏@TouchlineDrama
Portuguese newspaper Jornal Record report that Liverpool have now begun talks with Sporting Lisbon over signing ex-Barcelona winger Jeffrén.

Nik ‏@TouchlineDrama
Liverpool were among a host of clubs to scout Jeffrén while at Barça but injuries at regular intervals have halted his progress at Sporting.

Nik ‏@TouchlineDrama
Liverpool seek to loan Jeffrén in January with an option to buy should Barça choose not to trigger their own €12m buy-back clause next June.

So along with Rossi (if rumours are to be believed), that's two injured players on the radar? Yes they can obviously recover and all transfers are gambles but I'd rather go with players who are fit and in form at the moment!

Nik ‏@TouchlineDrama
Portuguese newspaper Jornal Record report that Liverpool have now begun talks with Sporting Lisbon over signing ex-Barcelona winger Jeffrén.

Nik ‏@TouchlineDrama
Liverpool were among a host of clubs to scout Jeffrén while at Barça but injuries at regular intervals have halted his progress at Sporting.

Nik ‏@TouchlineDrama
Liverpool seek to loan Jeffrén in January with an option to buy should Barça choose not to trigger their own €12m buy-back clause next June.

Not sure why they want to sign injured players. If Suarez gets injured, we will be toast. So we need to sign fit strikers in January.

I read somewhere that Cavani might be a possibility but will be expensive. He is also not interested in huge salaries so might be a good match and given the chance to play with Suarez, it would be great if it happened.

Last edited:

A few journalists reporting that we're back in touch with Chelsea about signing Sturridge for £15m. Apparently Rodgers turned him down in the summer due to his attitude so not sure why we'd be back in for him now.

He'd be a good signing and can score goals but £15m is £5m too much in my opinion.

Tony Barrett saying we're interested in bringing Tom Ince back. Absolutely crazy if so. We couldn't agree terms with him when Ince was here previously, we let him go for cheap, and now it'd cost a LOT more to bring him back.

A few journalists reporting that we're back in touch with Chelsea about signing Sturridge for £15m. Apparently Rodgers turned him down in the summer due to his attitude so not sure why we'd be back in for him now.

He'd be a good signing and can score goals but £15m is £5m too much in my opinion.

yeah thats much I think too , and i honestly dont like him as a player also he seems to be a dickhead , but hey for 10 milions it can be a good deal I guess !

I hope we don't get Sturridge. He is not the player we need at this moment. We need a good striker who can lead the attack with Suarez pushed a bit wide where he can use his dribbling and shooting to cause havoc. With multiple threats coming from different angles, the opposition defenses will struggle. Ideally what we need is a player who can interchange with Suarez at times.

on another topic,its amazing how none of the english media have mentioned the fact that Andy Carroll has still not scored for West Ham this season,yet they all made a big deal of him at liverpool not scoring.

Back
Top Bottom