Liverpool Thread

Re: Liverpool Thread

hmm tasty, interesting....I assume Theo will be one joining then, among others. The sale of Suarez could bring 2-3 players. Let Reina join the spanish-french revolution at the Emirates :))

Good to see Rodgers confirming that Suarez is staying as far as he's concerned.

I'm sorry but Suarez is not a top striker...imo all the strikers City have, are better than Suarez.
He is very good, but Aguero, Dzeko, Tevez and Balotelli are all better than him...

Personal vendettas have always clouded your judgement Gerd. There are some players you like (Henderson, De Gea Courtois, etc.) and some you don't (Suarez, Gerrard, Zlatan, etc.) and you can never be objective about them. Always extreme opinions on these personal favorite and personal disliked players. Look, I don't like Suarez either and very few people do seeing as how he's such a dirty piece of $hit! but to deny his IMMENSE ability?! That's something else....

I'm sorry if this sounds harsh but it is my opinion and a pattern I've noticed year after year having seen you post on these forums.

Suarez is one of the best players in the world! Let alone one of the best in the EPL or one of the best in his position. He's simply sensational! He can cut it in ANY team and in ANY league as well. He's just THAT good. Not only is he supremely talented but that desire, work-rate and determination of his, that winning attitude, has made him a very successful player and will continue to ensure he remains one of the world's best over the next few years as well.

But yes City and United don't need him right now since they are packed with quality strikers. Just about every other team in the world could use him though!

Last edited:

I don't think better means that much when they can't score. Suarez is scoring and the service is not the best , no pun intended :P . He ATM is the top scorer and Rodger is smart wanting to keep him and City needs to convince LFC £££££€€

I'm sorry but Suarez is not a top striker...imo all the strikers City have, are better than Suarez.
He is very good, but Aguero, Dzeko, Tevez and Balotelli are all better than him...

Balotelli certainly isn't better than him. Nor Dzeko. Different type of players anyway but theoretically certainly wouldn't want to take any of them at Liverpool and let Suarez go.

Stuart Brennan ‏@StuBrennanMEN
Now know where Suarez story came from - and it wasn't from anyone at City OR Liverpool. Person who told press has L'pool connection.

Either you are trying to prove that you are an idiot or I am missing something ! Dzeko,balotelli,tevez better striker than suarez ? can you prove that with statistics ?

I assume you haven't seen enough of suarez. suarez is far better and consistent than those shitty money grabbers and he doesn't need david silva to score his goals.

Either you are trying to prove that you are an idiot or I am missing something ! Dzeko,balotelli,tevez better striker than suarez ? can you prove that with statistics ?

I assume you haven't seen enough of suarez. suarez is far better and consistent than those shitty money grabbers and he doesn't need david silva to score his goals.

You need to check yourself before you wreck yourself.....it is somebodies opinion. It's subjective, nobody is stupid if they think differently to you :ROLL:

Haven't FSG been selling off their most valuable players for the Red Sox recently?

nah mate, not there best players or most valuable. Players they brought in who they paid too much for, who were hurt or not playing well. They cleaned house and are starting over with a new manager. I would not interpret this as a selling off like a team without money...

he is not an idiot. Suarez is great, at times. Other times he misses open nets, fails to pass to the correct person, and a distraction with this antics on the field. I would argue that the three players mentioned are out and out strikers where suarez is better suited out wide comming into play..

Personal vendettas have always clouded your judgement Gerd. There are some players you like (Henderson, De Gea Courtois, etc.) and some you don't (Suarez, Gerrard, Zlatan, etc.) and you can never be objective about them. Always extreme opinions on these personal favorite and personal disliked players. Look, I don't like Suarez either and very few people do seeing as how he's such a dirty piece of $hit! but to deny his IMMENSE ability?! That's something else....

I'm sorry if this sounds harsh but it is my opinion and a pattern I've noticed year after year having seen you post on these forums.

Suarez is one of the best players in the world! Let alone one of the best in the EPL or one of the best in his position. He's simply sensational! He can cut it in ANY team and in ANY league as well. He's just THAT good. Not only is he supremely talented but that desire, work-rate and determination of his, that winning attitude, has made him a very successful player and will continue to ensure he remains one of the world's best over the next few years as well.

But yes City and United don't need him right now since they are packed with quality strikers. Just about every other team in the world could use him though!

totally agree with this post ! well said buddy

Sigh.
Thanks Bobby and gomito.

IMO Suarez is not an out and out striker.
He is a fantastic second striker, but i honestly believe that the four Man City FORWARDS are better STRIKERS.

Since this is the Liverpool thread i want to say something about Henderson. He is not among my favourite players. But i do feel he gets too much stick from some Liverpool fans. He and Downing are the symbols of wrong transfers in the past. IMO that is an injustice and that is the reason why i defend him all the time.

Concerning PLF's post, i've answered him in a PM, as he is a person i respect much. Maybe we could leave at this in this thread. If somebody has a particular problem with me, you can always PM me.

And about Suarez: i like him much more than most of you think.

Great interview with Suarez on the official site :)

Suarez who is not an out-and-out center-forward has great stats:

Quoting from the article Dags mentions:

Such statistics have made a mockery of suggestions the Uruguayan is not an archetypical goalscorer.

Overall, Suarez has an impressive 32 goals in 68 appearances for Liverpool so far.

That's 1 in 2 games almost, and is pretty good given that he is only into his 2nd season and a half at Liverpool where he is the only goalscoring threat without much support. Imagine if we got one more decent striker like Huntelaar, I think Suarez will score even more goals....oh wait a minute he did that at Ajax as a wide-forward.

id sell suarez if city offer 50mil,liverpool could do good things with that money to strengten the whole squad. also suarez is hitting his peak now and if i was him i wouldnt want to be playing for a struggling team when i could play for a team that can win trophies in the next 2-3 years,pains me to say it but liverpool wont be challenging for the premier league in the next 3 years

id sell suarez if city offer 50mil,liverpool could do good things with that money to strengten the whole squad. also suarez is hitting his peak now and if i was him i wouldnt want to be playing for a struggling team when i could play for a team that can win trophies in the next 2-3 years,pains me to say it but liverpool wont be challenging for the premier league in the next 3 years

yeah Liverpool could do better things with those money , we can buy 2 class players with those money , like Carroll and Henderson !

are you sure, look what we have done with the money in the past.

you need to build around Suarez

We can't afford to sell him. Getting 50m is no guarantee of success. See what we did in the past with big money. Instead we need to add more attacking threat to support Suarez. And again it needs to be smart buys. We obviously can't afford big-name signings either financially or through a top-4 spot, so we need to get the best of the rest.

I don't think we can just keep signing young/potential players. We need to look for more experienced players who can add instant value. The likes of Benteke, mirallas, jelavic, berbatov, dempsey are examples of whom Liverpool could have signed.
Imagine if we had 2 of those signings, it's almost 100% sure that we would have been much higher in the table.

Last edited:

You never know how players turn out.
Last season Dempsey was perhaps the best player outside a top team, this year he is a shadow of his former self at Spurs.
After all the criticism i've got in this thread i have to be cautious and try to be objective (LOL), but it seems as if something is wrong with lots of players that come to Liverpool. If this happens that frequently isn't it more than just buying the wrong players ?

I have a feeling that players are judged too soon and too easy. Allen and Suarez are the only ones who are loved and i think that is because they made an immediate impact. No every new player makes an immediate impact. There must be hunderds of examples of players who turned out to be fantastic after a slow start (unfortunately i can't give any, so maybe i'm wrong).

Let's take Dempsey's example this season: it's too early to judge him. It is well possible that next season he will be great.

Lucas is one Gerd. He needed 2 years of 1st team regular football, and in total 3 or 4 years at the club to reach the levels he did early last season and the season before.

The problem at Liverpool for quite a few years is that any buy has had to slot into the first team and therefor produce straight away. And if that wasn't the case the team/squad didn't have the depth to carry the player and let him develop, which usually meant that he was shipped on to fund another purchase. With Lucas there just wasn't anybody else or any money to replace him, so he got the time.

I think Suarez is class and atm (in pure footballing terms) would rather have him than Mario, tho Mario is an enigma in that if he fulfills his potential he could go down as an alltime great.

Comparisons with Dzeko aren't really valid. Dzeko is quite ordinary when it comes to buildup play but there aren't many better finishers around in the game.

Suarez and Tevez are near clones. He's basically a younger Tevez, with better acceleration and sharp turning but not quite as good infront of goal (or at least hasn't been) and lacking Carlos' strength. Tevez' strike rate since he came to City has been excellent with a better than 1 in 2 rate (and if you take out last season he has a strike rate of 2 in 3). Suarez has time on his side tho and it took Tevez a few years of PL football to find his scoring boots so maybe now Suarez is showing something like his true goalscoring form.

For me tho, Aguero is a 30-40 goal a season striker. I just hope Real give it a few years before they come sniffing! The guy is a monster in and around the box.

The supposed City interest strikes me as something manufactured by Liverpool to give the Liverpool fans something to be happy about when January ends and no signings have been made. Time will tell but I can't see us wanting Suarez whilst Tevez is still here. They're too similar.

Last edited:

That is a good post. I agree with everything except with Balotelli/Suarez. At the moment Suarez is the better player, but in the long term Balotelli has better prospects (obviously since he is the young one).

IMO you can't really compare Suarez and Ballotelli. Ballotelli is more a finisher (but he is more than a finisher too), and Suarez a second striker.
That is also why you can't compare Suarez with Dzeko.

On second thought, Suarez might be good as a replacement for Tevez in the long term (the only City forward who is like him).

I think we agree about Mario and Suarez. Suarez is better atm but Mario's potential is huge and perhaps even near C.Ronaldo/Messi levels but how likely he is to fulfill his potential only god knows...
ATM I think he's going to waste his career

raphael honigstein ‏@honigstein
LFC won't sell, ManCity won't buy. But there is something going on: Juve were in London to talk to Suarez's people last week

raphael honigstein ‏@honigstein
Do I think LFC will sell in Jan? No. Will Juve make an offer? No idea. What I do know: Juve met Suarez's people.

EXCLUSIVE: Liverpool confirm departure of communications director Jen Chang
Exclusive
By Alex Miller
16 November 2012
Liverpool’s communications director Jen Chang has left the club, an LFC spokesman has confirmed to Sportingintelligence.
Chang was recently involved in a controversial meeting with a Liverpool fan who had run a spoof Twitter account. That incident led to the fan, Sean Cummins, receiving an apology (link here).
Liverpool did not specifically link Chang’s departure to that incident. But a spokesman said: “I can confirm Jen Chang has left Liverpool football club by mutual consent and has returned to the United States for family reasons.”

Who on earth will sign Downing ? And will they match his wages ? Adam left Liverpool to play more games. I hope Downing and Cole both do the same, if they have any desire to play games.

Back
Top Bottom