Liverpool Thread

Re: Liverpool Thread

Tony Barrett saying we're interested in bringing Tom Ince back. Absolutely crazy if so. We couldn't agree terms with him when Ince was here previously, we let him go for cheap, and now it'd cost a LOT more to bring him back.

was Rodgers here when Ince was not signed from reserves?

I hope we don't get Sturridge. He is not the player we need at this moment. We need a good striker who can lead the attack with Suarez pushed a bit wide where he can use his dribbling and shooting to cause havoc. With multiple threats coming from different angles, the opposition defenses will struggle. Ideally what we need is a player who can interchange with Suarez at times.

Surely that's Sturridge? Can play on the wing and up front, can create and score goals. So will switch with Suarez and create problems for defences trying to track both players.

Reading Rodgers' comments, it doesn't sound like he'll go for your typical striker but will go for someone who can play off Suarez and create chances and space for him, with Suarez also doing the same.

A good Sturridge is certainly an asset together with Suarez in this stunning form.

Carroll did not score, but is very usefull for his team, he suits West Ham's (and Allardyve's) playing style much more than the way Liverpool played under Dalglish.

Probably best player in the league this season, but still charming I see:

iVAHZvIvZ2ssX.gif

Interestingly, I think he's most comparable to a young Wayne Rooney in the way that he is currently playing.

How do you feel about rumors of Benitez to Chelsea?

Days after the Wigan match, a United fan comes in and posts a gif of Suarez surprisingly. Is there some kind of Suarez hate fest thread on a United forum that people flock to?

I could kind of understand if it was just after the match (but even then, why do United fans bother going into a Liverpool thread to constantly have a pop at Suarez anyway) but its just weird for another Suarez dig to turn up days later.

I might check out Red Cafe today, I can only imagine the amount of Liverpool talk going on in there if people are still talking about Suarez four days after the match :LOL:

Jesus Christ, can't you guys stop with your utterly stupid rivalry?
Those rivalries are so ridiculous....

On the one hand: one can find gifs like that about United players too.

On the other hand: just admit that it was a nasty foul.

Maybe Liverpool fans could counter this in a positive way: post gifs on Suarez good actions...

Jesus Christ, can't you guys stop with your utterly stupid rivalry?
Those rivalries are so ridiculous....

On the one hand: one can find gifs like that about United players too.

On the other hand: just admit that it was a nasty foul.

Maybe Liverpool fans could counter this in a positive way: post gifs on Suarez good actions...

Liverpool fans have said enough times in here that we know he cheats and fouls. So what's another gif from a United fan showing another Suarez " moment" supposed to achieve? I don't get posts like that, the only thing posts like that achieve is to irritate and I'm pretty sure Ryan knows that. I thought we'd had the Suarez discussion but some people still want to harp on every time he does something? Move on. Please.

It's pretty clear that Ryan is frustrated because United lost two times in a row...i don't understand these big club fans...

But you also could have replied with: "that is in deed a nasty tackle, so what ?"

It takes two to have a rivalry that stupid...

I think you misunderstood me dags...
I should have shut up about this. Sometimes i'm hopeless. You shouldn't apologize (although it think that was meant sarcastic, but i deserved it).

It's just that i don't understand the concept "rivalry" between English clubs and their fans. People tell me all the time that it's just "harmless banter", but i don't believe a thing about that.

Nik ‏@TouchlineDrama
Bild say Liverpool representatives will be at the Amsterdam Arena tonight to watch Dortmund left winger Kevin Großkreutz play against Ajax.

I posted an image a couple weeks ago of Suarez deliberately trying to hurt Distin with an identical challenge - and was told he was actually just slipping. So he does the same thing a couple weeks later and I thought it would show it probably was deliberate after all. My apologies.

It has nothing to do with United losing. I posted the last one when we won.

Anyway, fine, I apologise as a fan of football for not liking that kind of thing. I'll go back and only post in the United thread now, because fans of other clubs never post in there.

I posted an image a couple weeks ago of Suarez deliberately trying to hurt Distin with an identical challenge - and was told he was actually just slipping. So he does the same thing a couple weeks later and I thought it would show it probably was deliberate after all. My apologies.

It has nothing to do with United losing. I posted the last one when we won.

Anyway, fine, I apologise as a fan of football for not liking that kind of thing. I'll go back and only post in the United thread now, because fans of other clubs never post in there.

374474_429735987080658_2132188132_n.jpg

Days after the Wigan match, a United fan comes in and posts a gif of Suarez surprisingly. Is there some kind of Suarez hate fest thread on a United forum that people flock to?

I could kind of understand if it was just after the match (but even then, why do United fans bother going into a Liverpool thread to constantly have a pop at Suarez anyway) but its just weird for another Suarez dig to turn up days later.

I might check out Red Cafe today, I can only imagine the amount of Liverpool talk going on in there if people are still talking about Suarez four days after the match :LOL:

You are right Dags. He's one boring fucker!

Rafa is new Chelsea manager...

show must go on.

Amazing, Abramovich has such a short fuse. Not sure what Rafa can improve, apart from getting Torres to fire again. Will be interesting to say the least. I wonder if this will be Inter part 2 again for Rafa, taking over a club that just won the CL.

it would be crazy for Rafa not to take the job..if he is up to it..i wonder myself..

i wish him luck, just not against us...

apparently some Chelsea fans want to boo him from start..shows the class realy.. im not generalising, becouse they have lot´s of young generation fans obviously who only remember success years..but they still are very low in my view as an institution... i can´t imagine a class guy as Rafa staying there long.. or maybe i´m wrong.. who knows..

with the record they have with managers it´s very hard to tell what pleases the owner..

I hope he succeeds except against us. It will be interesting to see him coming back to Anfield as Chelsea boss, will be strange. I would be happy to him and Torres succeed in the CL especially.

I don´t know since i have no feelings against Chelsea..i don´t hate the club, since i liked Chelsea in pre-Abramovich crazy spending era, but realy i don´t hate the club, only the supporters for how spoiled they became with rich owner, as well as some City fans.. i hate this about football now.. i have mixed feelings becouse i admire Rafa for all he made for LFC on and off the field.. but realy i follow my club and i don´t care about rest.. i support LFC and that´s where it ends..

from personal view i hope Rafa is happy with his job and succed, from heart i hope he fails, becouse there is only one club for me in English football.

but obviously, he is forever at home in Liverpool and never walks alone ;)

Amazing, Abramovich has such a short fuse. Not sure what Rafa can improve, apart from getting Torres to fire again. Will be interesting to say the least. I wonder if this will be Inter part 2 again for Rafa, taking over a club that just won the CL.

rafa wont put up with any of ambramovich's messing,this could be the shortest appointment in the history of football

Also pretty make or break for Benitez. If he fails again surely that will be the last of him as a top manager. It's taken 18 months for him to get a new job and even then it's only a short term position.

Nice to see him back though, just a shame it's at Chelsea.

It's taken 18 months for him to get a new job and even then it's only a short term position.

I don't think that was due to lack of interest in Benitez, he just wanted to wait for a Premier League team that interested him I believe.

Also pretty make or break for Benitez. If he fails again surely that will be the last of him as a top manager. It's taken 18 months for him to get a new job and even then it's only a short term position.

Nice to see him back though, just a shame it's at Chelsea.

That is not the truth, it did not take him 18 months to get a job. Guillem Balague on BBC was saying that he has been rejecting a lot of offers from mid-table clubs. He has been waiting for a top job in England, and now he has it.
Even if he fails here, he will still get work, but maybe not at the top most clubs in Europe.

But the point I made remains (I know he had other offers); he wants a top job, has had to wait 18months and now only has 6 months. So if he fails how long will it take for him to get another offer at a top club?

But the point I made remains (I know he had other offers); he wants a top job, has had to wait 18months and now only has 6 months. So if he fails how long will it take for him to get another offer at a top club?

I imagine he wouldn't limit himself just to England by the time he leaves Chelsea, probably returning to Spain.

it would be crazy for Rafa not to take the job..if he is up to it..i wonder myself..

i wish him luck, just not against us...

apparently some Chelsea fans want to boo him from start..shows the class realy..

So no Liverpool supporters gave Hodgson trouble? you always act like best fans in the world when you are not.

just look at RAWK - some of the stuff I read about Hodgson is disgusting

and every poster on there wishes death on Ferguson.

You cant blame chelsea fans, I dreaded him coming to Inter. We lost Mourinho and got in a manager who couldnt even get you CL football for god sake.

this is why Chelsea fan not happy:

article-2236795-16265F8D000005DC-347_634x702.jpg

awful, arrogant man with no people skills. he wont last 2 mins at Chelsea.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom