Liverpool Thread

Re: Liverpool Thread

That's a great goal. Reminiscent of the Torres and Benitez days - sheer skill from a talented striker.

Sometimes route one is the way to go...

Really should've won that. If Shelvey was half capable of finishing and if he could finish as good as his positioning is, we'd have been clear in front.

Much better second half but more points lost again. We're basically struggling through until January and relying on FSG to support Rodgers and improve the squad. Until January, it's just a case of hanging on in there unfortunately.

we are so bad at corners...why can´t we use X corners we have...

on the other hand, Sterling should have score and win this match for us...unlucky..

Suarez is world class, nothing new...

today was first time i've seen that suso boy play, and from what i've seen little of glimpses, i think he's got very big promise

also shelvey should have finished that cut back from suarez but think was maybe a bit too much stretch, good all round performance i thought today from liverpool, even though gerrard was invincible first half

1352050112566.gif

1352050375446.gif

Suarez and Sterling superb. Shelvey very average player, couldnt score in a drug den. Max Payne really bad player now (liverpool left back)

January wont guarantee success because its difficult transfer window to work in.

Really should've won that. If Shelvey was half capable of finishing and if he could finish as good as his positioning is, we'd have been clear in front.

Much better second half but more points lost again. We're basically struggling through until January and relying on FSG to support Rodgers and improve the squad. Until January, it's just a case of hanging on in there unfortunately.

First half was disappointing, we looked toothless after huffing-puffing for the first 10 minutes or so. We just had no people in the box attacking the crosses or balls in there.

2nd half was better in terms of penetration, but I agree we are going to struggle until we get a 2nd striker who can have a presence in the box. Suarez is doing a fantastic job, but he's a 1-man army at the moment, and I dread any injury/suspension for him. Imagine if he had more support up front, he would score even more goals. That's why he was successful for Ajax and Uruguay.

Last edited:

The reason your struggling is obvious and its not the manager's fault, he's playing the best 'technical' players so you can control the game but some of these lads are extremely inexperienced when it comes to 'end product'.

Watching "Being Liverpool" and it's pretty clear that Rodgers is fully aware that he needs to keep on top of Sterling and manage him. He's made a point of telling Sterling off in front of the team a few times and spoke of his expectations and possible ego.

Watching "Being Liverpool" and it's pretty clear that Rodgers is fully aware that he needs to keep on top of Sterling and manage him. He's made a point of telling Sterling off in front of the team a few times and spoke of his expectations and possible ego.

What do you guys think of Rodgers' public criticism of Downing, Cole ? Is this the right way to go about things? Could'nt this be done behind closed doors? I just get the feeling that Rodgers needs to be a bit more discrete otherwise he could turn off some people. Also the stunt of the 3 envelopes seems a bit strange. Maybe he is trying to be "boss".

What do you guys think of Rodgers' public criticism of Downing, Cole ? Is this the right way to go about things? Could'nt this be done behind closed doors? I just get the feeling that Rodgers needs to be a bit more discrete otherwise he could turn off some people. Also the stunt of the 3 envelopes seems a bit strange. Maybe he is trying to be "boss".

I am positively biased towards Rodgers because i loved his Swansea team. I want Rodgers to succeed in Liverpool for both him and the club.

But the thing with the 3 envelopes is so maffia style...what will be the next step, those 3 players finding the head of a horse in their bed?

I also think a manager should not single out players publicly unless they have done something very seriously wrong...

But who am i to criticize this, IMO Ferguson does everything wrong from a human point of view...yet he is the most succesfull manager ever.

I imagine he's tried motivating some players behind closed doors and its not worked so he's trying public pressure now.

Also I've read that the envelope trick is something Alex Ferguson used in the 90's and there aren't any names in the envelopes and weren't when Fergie did it either.

Edit: http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/news/being-liverpool-brendan-rodgers-envelope-1369893

Last edited by a moderator:

Nik ‏@TouchlineDrama
Rudi Garcia has revealed that would like to bring Joe Cole back to Lille, but implied Liverpool would again have to contribute to his wages.

I can understand Garcia, because Joe Cole was fantastic for them last season.
I would like this to happen for both Cole and Lille, but i don't see any advantage for Liverpool (if they have to pay his wages).

I can understand Garcia, because Joe Cole was fantastic for them last season.
I would like this to happen for both Cole and Lille, but i don't see any advantage for Liverpool (if they have to pay his wages).

It's a similar situation to Aquilani where clubs like Roma were interested as long as we helped with his wages. I think we gave Aquilani a one off payment in the end and left it at that? A similar thing will likely happen with Cole, we really need him off our wage bill.

Do you understand why Joe Cole was outstanding for Lille and isn't doing it for Liverpool? I can't.
I don't buy the explanation that the EPL is a better league than Ligue 1. It is a better league but look at Hazard, Cabaye and countless other players who made it in the EPL. Look also at the Belgian players who come from even weaker competions like the Dutch and the Belgian league...players like Fellaini, Dembele, Mirallas, Kompany are outstanding.

Joe Cole is an enigma for me...i still think he (still) a huguely talented player...

Do you understand why Joe Cole was outstanding for Lille and isn't doing it for Liverpool? I can't.
I don't buy the explanation that the EPL is a better league than Ligue 1. It is a better league but look at Hazard, Cabaye and countless other players who made it in the EPL. Look also at the Belgian players who come from even weaker competions like the Dutch and the Belgian league...players like Fellaini, Dembele, Mirallas, Kompany are outstanding.

Joe Cole is an enigma for me...i still think he (still) a huguely talented player...

Just one of those things where he doesn't fit into our club, I guess. I was very excited when we signed him as I really liked him when he played for Chelsea. But you get some players where they go to a club and just don't perform, then move and play well again.

Was'nt he being played in midfield for Lille ? At Liverpool, he's closer to the wings from what I saw, and he is not quick. He wants to play off the striker like a David Silva. I think he should move on to Lille, if they can buy him.

Just one of those things where he doesn't fit into our club, I guess. I was very excited when we signed him as I really liked him when he played for Chelsea. But you get some players where they go to a club and just don't perform, then move and play well again.

same here , when i start to follow more football (I'm 90') I start coz of players like Owen , Cole , Kluivert , Rivaldo etc. and when we sign Cole i was so exited that i even got kit with his name on back , but seems i was expecting too much from him !

According to BBC and other sources, Huntelaar is being looked at by Spurs and other clubs as well.

Idiot at RAWK said:
and now Spurs want huntelaar
According to the BBC . Am beginning to loathe these fools

Haha

joe cole has been the biggest waste of talent in the last 10 years of english football,he had 1 good season and the rest of the time he was mediorce or injured,he will be no loss to liverpool when he leaves

joe cole has been the biggest waste of talent in the last 10 years of english football,he had 1 good season and the rest of the time he was mediorce or injured,he will be no loss to liverpool when he leaves

That is bullshit.
He had at least 3 or 4 good seasons with Chelsea and last year he ws outstanding for Lille.
If a player doesn't do it for a club, why always blame the player? How many occasions to show himself has he got this season? You seem very sure that Cole is to blame and Liverpool are without blame. I'm not so sure about that. Could be that you have information that i haven't (which i doubt)...

Aquilani
Downing
Henderson
Jovanovic
Cole
Borini
Carroll
Poulsen

All of the mwere doing good before they went to Liverpool. Cole and Jovanovic did well after Liverpool too, i will never like Carroll, but he's decent for West Ham.
If you have that much failures among your transfers, it's the club's failure, not (only) the players. It is rather easy and delusional to only blame the players... (and somebody who knows Liverpool better could make that list longer).

He was arguably Chelsea's (and England's) best player whilst Jose was in charge

Neil Jones ‏@neiljonesecho
From @JamesPearceEcho, Conor Coady likely to start in midfield for #LFC tonight. Flanagan/Downing as wing backs, Adam Morgan up front.

If Flanagan starts, we're screwed big time. I'd be surprised if we get anything other than a defeat from Russia without our best players in such horrible weather conditions.
Maybe I am pessimistic this time, but I'm not expecting much today.

Liverpool: Jones, Wisdom, Carragher, Coates, Flanagan, Shelvey, Henderson, Coady, Downing, Cole, Morgan.

wow.

Back
Top Bottom