Liverpool Thread

Re: Liverpool Thread

That is also a possibilty of course.
It wasn't my intention to be negative about Sterling and Liverpool, it's just that football devours it's own youth.
I see that with my son who is very talented. The last two years we were virtually stalked by aal kind of people who were from one or other reason interested in him and wanted to help him at a time that he didn't need any help at all.
Now he is injured (he has a rather serious knee injury) and could use some help, it's very quiet now...My son's example is not tragic at all. He is very young and we never had ambition for him to become a top grade football player (one never knows of course, but it would be very stupid to gamble on one option and he's very good at school too), he himself strangely isn't bothered too much with football. He likes to play it, but that's all...
There are however kids who are 3 or 4 years older who have already made choices and inevitably most of them will not succeed. Most of them are lost. Most club don't really care.

There are exceptions. A guy in my school was a very talented GK. He joined Anderlecht and played for our national tea. That team even won the Euro's in a final against Bulgaria where he was the outstanding player. He became Anderlechts second GK and his big chance came when first GK Munaron was injured. His first match was against the then mighty Steau Bucarest (i think it must have been in 1986) and Anderlecht were absolutely thrashed. For some reason he got the blame and it was all over for him. When Anderlecht transfered him to a litle club, Anderlechts owner summoned him and asked him what he wanted to do now that he would play as a semi-professional. The guy (his name is Dirk Vekeman) said he wanted to have a sportswear shop. ANderlecht bought him the house for the shop and also his first stock....i think that is fantastic. But most clubs will not do that with their rejects...

This is kind of off-topic, but we were talking about Sterling.

8138511249_63d21c6fc0_z.jpg

i think it´s right for Sterling to demand more, don´t look on the age now, but the place in our squad and performances... but then again, i bet Rodgers will surely tell him what´s his position and give him advice.. i don´t think we should panic or something...

8141017674_0557ae6891_z.jpg

Last edited:

Of course these are only rumours but there are some fantastic players among them: Yanga Mbiwa, Honda, Holtby...

@PIPA who s the guy that earn 20k between asaidi and jones ?

this players deserve only 1/3 of they wage , Downing , Henderson and Joe Cole , also carra 1/2

where would he fit here? he is mostly playing a centre midfield position... he is half english though and everton supporter...

No idea, just heard his name mentioned for a good few months.

@PIPA who s the guy that earn 20k between asaidi and jones ?

this players deserve only 1/3 of they wage , Downing , Henderson and Joe Cole , also carra 1/2

Danny Wilson.

Cole was absolutely great for Lille last season.
Currently Lille are 10th in Ligue1, last year they finished 3th. That is not only because they lost Hazard. Cole was very important for them.

Liverpool should use Joe Cole.

he was Gerd I watch a lot of Ligue 1 but we must remember the difference in quality of PL and Ligue 1.

Joe Cole has been poor in red shirt every time I have seen him.

he was Gerd I watch a lot of Ligue 1 but we must remember the difference in quality of PL and Ligue 1.

Joe Cole has been poor in red shirt every time I have seen him.

we sign cole as a free transfer thats why hes wage its so high ! but i agree its way to much for a player we never use !

cole on 90k per week!! I just my coffee out haha

Joe-Cole-Liverpool.jpg

Liverpool should use Joe Cole.

i think he will or should play tonight, he wasn´t bad last time he had a short spell... but yeah, the sallary is to big for him...that´s why we have problems to sell him, couse nobody would pay as much..

Last edited:

I think it was pretty much all down to Purslow with regards to wages. I'm not even sure Hodgson wanted him, I think I've seen it mentioned that Purslow was calling shots on players at that point and made his own decision before Hodgson came in. Also it wouldn't be down to Hodgson to sort out wages etc.

Players like Joe Allen, Lucas, Agger, Skrtel should get a pay rise, not to mention the likes of Sterling and Suso.

From the players that will be up for grabs next summer, I'd pick Holtby, Honda, Llorente or Huntelaar and Yanga-Mbiwa should Skrtel/Agger leave.

I think it was pretty much all down to Purslow with regards to wages. I'm not even sure Hodgson wanted him, I think I've seen it mentioned that Purslow was calling shots on players at that point and made his own decision before Hodgson came in. Also it wouldn't be down to Hodgson to sort out wages etc.

Yeah i know, the picture was to represent the old regime, i think the same as you write could be said about Robbie Keane when Rafa was still manager, i bet he didn´t wanted to sign him at all... it made no sence the way we played back then...

Players like Joe Allen, Lucas, Agger, Skrtel should get a pay rise, not to mention the likes of Sterling and Suso.

From the players that will be up for grabs next summer, I'd pick Holtby, Honda, Llorente or Huntelaar and Yanga-Mbiwa should Skrtel/Agger leave.

Skrtel and Agger are just now sorted long term..Lucas as well.. Allen might get a pay rise, but he just signed his deal..

I would only pick one top striker and one winger...

if we don´t get a top player from top league, i would love to get two PSV players - Martens and Matavz, they are young, consistent and national players so very experienced...imho they would improve the team a lot...or Chadli, even Walcott on right wing option..

but we need first to sort our underperforming high earners, wich is much more important..

Yeah i know, the picture was to represent the old regime, i think the same as you write could be said about Robbie Keane when Rafa was still manager, i bet he didn´t wanted to sign him at all... it made no sence the way we played back then...

Rafa only wanted Keane if we got Barry in as well. But he made it clear to Parry that, once the Barry deal fell through, he didn't want Keane on his own as he wouldn't work in the current system. Parry being Parry obviously cocks things up though and goes ahead.

We've had some shocking decisions made at boardroom level over the last decade or two.

There's like 2 month away from the transfer window. Surely there are more interesting things to talk about present then whatnots of whose coming. I never understood this concept .The question remains will Carrol return or be sold. The most vital question is what standing will Lpool be at by the start of the year ?

Carroll wont fit into Rodgers system, he thrive on high and long balls and Rodgers way is to keep the ball on the floor.

He will stay at West Ham I reckon if they can afford to pay for him. He is not worth more than £15 million.

Headers will always be useful in games, corners, set pieces, long balls etc. Just not as often used, doesn't mean Carroll won't be able to play at all you know. He's still a very capable direct striker, better than anyone not named Suarez in LFC.

Liverpool playing with Carroll its like they already got a red card and we are playing with 10 players , oh its even worst when you had a red card and a player its out you dont hope on him and you wont lose ball trying to pass to him !!!! hope we dont get him back !

team: Jones, Robinson, Coates, Carragher, Henderson, Shelvey, Allen, Cole, Assaidi, Yesil, Downing.
Subs: Ward, Suarez, Gerrard, Suso, Sterling, Skrtel, Wisdom

Swansea are a great team and deserve the win tonight...

Rodgers got his lineup wrong tonight..

we got the chances, but no effect of that..

That is stupid money for a 17 year old, for any 17 year old.
What should be done is the following. Give them those wages, but put the majority into a special bank account. What is left for them are the wages a normal kid of 18 would earn.And then clubs should give them access to that bank account when they are 25.

People were talking here about Sterlintg being a big talent and having extremely high expectations. There is one aspect that worries me. Sterling is 17 years old, will have (or just has had) his third child, and this with 3 different mothers. Call me old-fashioned (and of course i am), but that is not normal.

Liverpool will have to give this kid lots of guidance....i honestly don't see how things can go wrong on the pitch for Sterling, but i have my doubts about everything off the pitch.
Completely agree

Joe Allen was shocking tonight, obviously his worst performance ever since he came to Anfield.
The rest of the team wasn't any better and it was a well-deserved defeat.
Without Suarez and Gerrard, Liverpool looks like a very average team as I could see the difference they made when they came in.

Anyway this cup is worthless imo, I said it earlier this year when we won it too. Fa Cup is the real deal, we should go for it and Europa League of course.

Not with our league position, it could have been European qualification. Only highlights how weak the squad is, which is a good thing imo. Hopefully help get some more funds in jan.

Back
Top Bottom