Liverpool Thread

Re: Liverpool Thread

sterling will be nothing more then SWP at the least and perhaps walcott/lennon if he is lucky... Even so those are not the best of aspirations. Speed can only work for you for so long, once the opposition has figured you out, its easy to keep you non existent in a match. Either you get the class and touch of mata or you end up sucking like SWP

absolute rubbish. He will be much better player than SWP, the poor walcott and Lennon with no end product.

He is a star in the making. The only problem LFC will face is if they can keep him??

PSG, Man City, Chelsea etc will be sniffing around him in a year or two and he will want silverware and CL football, not Europa League.

Clearly Premier League scouts are so poor at their jobs, why aren't the world's top clubs hiring scouts from posters on gaming forums? Clearly these people know a lot more than people paid a lot more to do the job to begin with.

On hindsight, I actually think Suarez's 'dive' celebration in front of Moyes was pretty funny. At the time thought it was a bit tasteless, but I guess that's just the type of person he is.

As for the Distin 'challenge' - it could just be me with my anti-Suarez glasses on, but this really looks to me like he does him. I like how he starts protesting his innocence as he does it...classic move.

iHvvo5bLLinZE.gif

Also - when did Joe Allen get so tough? He was awesome against Fellaini, despite looking like he'd have no chance he got really solid and physical with the big Belgian.

I stand by my words that it was accidental by Suarez.

@ Allen vs Fellaini it's more like Hulk vs Chihuahua :)

IMO it was accidental. Suarez' reaction is not the reaction of somebody who does this on purpose IMO.

dags, i can see where you are coming from, but then we can end all sort of discussion.
No more discussion about football.
No more discussion about politics (who am i to discuss the P.M's work because otherwise people would have elect internet posters)
No more discussion about the police ( you're smart enough to fill this in).
No more discussion.

No more democracy.

IMO Sterling is a huge talent, but since i'm not a football scout in England (only in Belgium, but you know what English people are saying: "big in Belgium")...

Oh and my opinion about Suarez's tackle is rubbish too, since i'm not a referee....

Conclusion: Suarez deserves a long ban for deliberately trying to injure Distin.

Clearly Premier League scouts are so poor at their jobs, why aren't the world's top clubs hiring scouts from posters on gaming forums? Clearly these people know a lot more than people paid a lot more to do the job to begin with.

Cough....... Charlie Adam .....Cough

IMO Sterling will be a Top top player, looks like a young Giggs,more than a speed merchant like Lennon.

Sterling has that 'scary' close control - where as a defender you just can't seem to get a toe to the ball. If he can keep focused and keep improving his game, I see no reason why he can't make the left wing spot his at both LFC and England for the next 10 years. Seriously. He's really quite good.

Then again, I thought the same about Ravel Morrison - who I maintain is the most talented player of his generation (in England) - but he just failed to apply himself.

IMO it was accidental. Suarez' reaction is not the reaction of somebody who does this on purpose IMO.

Conclusion: Suarez deserves a long ban for deliberately trying to injure Distin.

I think it was a clumsy challenge more than anything. Suarez can be evil at times in his desire to win at all costs, but I think he is very over-enthusiastic when he gets on to the pitch. He chases defenders and keepers, he tries to always make things happen.
This was just an example of him trying too hard to get close to Distin and the ball.

But I could be wrong, it's hard to judge what is the intention of the heart. God only knows.

Last edited:

Mathewss, i only meant the first reactio: imo it is accidental.

The rest of the post was a tongue in cheek to dags...

Actually looking at the suarez replay above it looks like he is trying to obstruct distins kicking foot to make him screw up his pass, but instead just misses it and ends up standing on the other. Guess we will never know....and next week we will have something else to discuss! ;)

Yes dagsjt please tell us what bright spark from evo web made dalglish sign downing and adam?

Lol

Yes dagsjt please tell us what bright spark from evo web made dalglish sign downing and adam?

Lol

Probably the same person who advised signing Coco and Quaresma for Inter.

Please stop acting like you're some super scout with expert vision on how a player will develop. You have opinions, not definitive knowledge.

Edit: In fact, act like you want, who cares?

Last edited by a moderator:

absolute rubbish. He will be much better player than SWP, the poor walcott and Lennon with no end product.

He is a star in the making. The only problem LFC will face is if they can keep him??

PSG, Man City, Chelsea etc will be sniffing around him in a year or two and he will want silverware and CL football, not Europa League.

HA i guess you forgot people were saying the same thing about SWP!!! HAHAHAHA lets revist in five years...

On hindsight, I actually think Suarez's 'dive' celebration in front of Moyes was pretty funny. At the time thought it was a bit tasteless, but I guess that's just the type of person he is.

As for the Distin 'challenge' - it could just be me with my anti-Suarez glasses on, but this really looks to me like he does him. I like how he starts protesting his innocence as he does it...classic move.

iHvvo5bLLinZE.gif

Also - when did Joe Allen get so tough? He was awesome against Fellaini, despite looking like he'd have no chance he got really solid and physical with the big Belgian.

to me that is a TOUGH call weather or not he meant to do that or his stride ran him into distin... too close to call..i would err on the side that he would not want to do something so blatant.....

Yeah I don't think Sterling is anything like Walcott or Lennon and reminds me of a young Giggs if anything.

It sounds as if Lennon and Walcott are failures...i watch Spurs quite a lot and obviously he is no absolute world class player, but i've seen him play loads of very good games and if he's injured, we really miss him.

What is wrong with that, i think Liverpool might be very happy if Sterling turns out to be player like Lennon is for Spurs. Don't misunderstand me, it might well be that Sterling turns out to be a lot better than Lennon.

But.

Wouldn't it be better for everybody (and certainly for Sterling himself) if the expectations would be a litle more realistic. For me if you would ask me to describe England in one word (which is of course simplistic) i would choose the word "hype". Every six month there are several hypes. It's the same in football.
Sterling is the current hype.
Before him it was Oxlade Chamberlain.
Before that it must have been Kyle Walker.
Before that it was Gareth Bale unless i've forgotten some other ones.

They all have one thing in common, a couple of years after the hype fans of the club they play for consider them underachievers and they are a laughing stock for other cubs' fans.

IMO most of these overhyped players turned out to be very, very good: Walcott, Bale, Lennon and other overhyped players are all very, very good players but are considered underachievers because they don't perform what was expected from them.

The best example is Wayne Rooney. IMO he is an absolute world class player (after Ashley Cole the best English player). But i'm pretty confident that most fans who saw him at Everton and when he scored that hattrick for Man Utd against Fenerbahce are disappointed with the player he turned out to be. Rooney never was the new Maradonna, that is Messi. But frankly how many players turn out to be that good?

Sterling will never be as good as Messi. But who cares. He will turn out to be at least a Lennon (quite an achievement) and maybe even better than Lennon. How many people of us can say that about themselves?

have to agree with Gerd there.. Lennon is very underrated player and from what i saw, one of the key players for Spurs this season..

also agree about the expectations...lot´s of young players will suffer if they don´t achieve what everyone is expectiong of them, despite having time for that..

I dont have football brain? That's ok really seeing as I am not pro footballer, Lennon is.

And ask most SPurs fan - they say the same thing, as Arsenal fan do about Walcot.

Anyway this is Liverpool thread - Sterling will be better player, he has all the makings of a world class talent. Lennon cant even get into a poor England team.

I roughly agree with you about the football brain of Lennon.
Nevertheless if isn't playing Spurs feel the difference

Concerning Lennon and the national team: he is a fringe player. But that is subjective, it depends of what one particular coach thinks about that: Roy Hodgson. Maybe this isn't the best place to discuss him and his players preferences...

But yes, i think Sterling will become a better player than Lennon (although i'm not a scout in England, as dags might point out, oh and this is a joke...).

I agree with the expectations and all that but the if the talent is obvious right infront of you theirs no need to hide it, IMO Sterling has enormous potential.

Just like Ravel Morrison but its whether he applies himself enough to achieve it.

Liverpool host Swansea tomorrow in the League Cup with a spot in the Q-Finals at stake. Rodgers will give some players a rest. I wonder who he is going to play if suarez gets a rest. I think Samed Yesil needs some more chances, he is a terrific striker. Assaidi, Henderson, Shelvey will all probably get game time. Reina and Johnson are still not fit.

THE ANFIELD WRAP ‏@TheAnfieldWrap
Right, we don't normally do tittle tattle, but we've been *very* reliably informed about a story concerning the future of Raheem Sterling

We've been told that Sterling is due to be offered a new contract by the club in the next 48 hours.....

But, as with most contract negotiations, there is a lot of back and forth before an offer is made

And as a result if the offer is *roughly* in the region of what Sterling and his advisors expect it will be rejected.

We have sought the club for clarification only to be told that they are aware of the story

The offer from the club, if the story is right, is in the region of 15k per week. But again, the club refused to deny it.

His Agent will tell him he's 17 and already starting games and is considered a pivotal part of Liverpool's future so the ball is in his court.

He'll end up signing when he's given a 30-40K bump and the cuntish Agent gets a bigger slice.

That is stupid money for a 17 year old, for any 17 year old.
What should be done is the following. Give them those wages, but put the majority into a special bank account. What is left for them are the wages a normal kid of 18 would earn.And then clubs should give them access to that bank account when they are 25.

People were talking here about Sterlintg being a big talent and having extremely high expectations. There is one aspect that worries me. Sterling is 17 years old, will have (or just has had) his third child, and this with 3 different mothers. Call me old-fashioned (and of course i am), but that is not normal.

Liverpool will have to give this kid lots of guidance....i honestly don't see how things can go wrong on the pitch for Sterling, but i have my doubts about everything off the pitch.

Tbh I think he needs the money just to pay for the kids, let alone for anything else ;)

But yeah, he could easily become a wasted talent. But then again, maybe having the kids means he has some perspective about what is important and matures him faster.

Back
Top Bottom