Liverpool Thread

Re: Liverpool Thread

Anzhi is an awful team, can't believe Eto'o is playing there.

Anyway, there were 2 players that impressed me so much tonight Assaidi and Wisdom. Especially Assaidi was amazing, I agree with Pipa, he was a bargain.
He should definitely start against Everton. Wisdom is a beast, I think Johnson's days at Liverpool are counted but his versatility is very much needed.

Suarez has become so annoying to watch and I could almost predict he'd go down in the next touch ... He needs medical treatment *No Joke*

Johnson its great player , I see everyone here talking about Wisdom i think he was good but Glen even in his bad days its better than him , I understand we are talking like this as hes young and not experince player , hes good at defence but going forward hes not good at all and everytime he have the ball he panic , I think Flanagan was great he dont panic when he had ball and he play great even forward

agree about suarez , its getting annoying how he act every single match , i think someone should talk to him an tell him to stop acting like that !

Hats off to Agger and good to post this pipa. It's nice that there other human beings in football than JT...

I certainly can see your point Damjan, but Anzhi are top because Zenith imploded in internal turmoil after Witsel and Hulk arrived. Normally Zenith clearly have the better team...

Still, they have a great team, they had won 9 in a row before this match. Zenit do have a better team, but Anzhi is still one of the best teams in the Russian league. I have a feeling they take the Europa League a bit lightly, like Udinese and Napoli.

They were missing Lassana Diara and another Brazillian that I didn't know his name, which was the engine of the midfield, or so the Fox Sports guys were saying. That's why no service in the front, hence Etoo was tracking back in the midfield to help out.

The Brazilian you are talking about is Jucilei, and they also missed their other striker, Lacina Traoré, who would normally be the finisher where as Eto'o would be the more moving and creative striker, the link between attack and midfield pretty much.

Now, I'm not saying that this isn't an impressive result by Liverpool, because it is. Anzhi have a very good side and Liverpool played with a lot of young players.

8123097699_c8d6b3881a_o.gif

:LOL:

I'm sure he's bloody old & wise enough to know that what he did was a yellow card offense. Stupid, he and LFC will pay the price later in the tournament.

It's an illegal goal and was in the 90s as well, that referee made a mistake for the Crosby goal.

The keeper is deemed to have control of the ball and it's considered a foul to knock the ball from his hand. It's entirely different to a ball bouncing around the box and knocked from his hand then, but when he has it in control and is in the act of kicking it from his hand or bouncing it, it's deemed against the rules to knock it away from him. It's "ungentlemanly conduct"

Funny though :D

what was skrtl doing for the naismith goal? Looks like he let it go past him,id fear for liverpool in 2nd half,wisdom is being murdered by mirallas

Best celebration ever.

Poor game from Liverpool so far. Howard hasn't had much to do and, as usual, we're lacking much of a threat up front. Need to calm the play down as well, we're playing right into Everton's hands.

He's now carring a bit of a knock in the ankle, hopefully it'll slow him down abit. Wisdom's playin in his first game so he'll get better in the 2nd half. Great great game, hoping Sterling will be discipline in his defending from now on.

what was skrtl doing for the naismith goal? Looks like he let it go past him,id fear for liverpool in 2nd half,wisdom is being murdered by mirallas

It was Enrique not skrtle

Not that good performance we score 2 goals from almost nothing but we should play better after , I'm really afraid from 2nd half , hope we manage to play better and score once more (also don't get a goal)

Happy with a draw there, if anything I'd say Everton will be disappointed not to win.

With that said, I can't see any reason why Suarez had a goal disallowed at the end there. No foul, no offside, clear goal from what I can see.

fuck refere that wasn't offside !

damn i was flying , but that piece of crap back me on earth lol

Same here, gosh didn't expect the flag to go up was jumping all over the place.

But credit to Suarez, he was playing very well today & no divings IMO. He was subtle, and know his place. Am I the only one that believed he didn't mean that "stamp" on Distin's ankle?

@Dags: It's not a foul right? It was the linesman flagging for offside?

Yep, just seen the replay and the linesman flagging. Gary Neville got it spot on there, saying he thinks the linesman bottled it. His flag stayed down for ages, then only flagged when Everton defenders appealed. If it was offside, he'd have flagged a lot sooner.

Awful decision.

Neil Jones ‏@neiljonesecho
Moyes thought Suarez celebration was "great", said he was lucky to stay on for Distin foul, admits it was a goal in stoppage time.

Last edited by a moderator:

Clear goal for Suarez. Liverpool didnt deserve 3 points though.

Can someone please tell me why/how Henderson is at a big club? He awful.

benni, everyone is awfull for you... now that Borini is injured it´s Henderson? :D

1351432060377.gif

good draw, the ref again steal goal from us...

Dissapointing result, despite the early lead the team far too open.

Maybe Shelvey should've started, but it's a good learning curve for
the youngsters a real baptism of fire for them.

Suarez is a little s@!t but he's our great little s@!t, long may it continue.

Crap decision from the linesman, if he did not see it then why give it, fed
up with officials making calls like that then miss blatant incidents.

Game by game the team is getting there.

Great match of football. Also real credit to the ref - could have been multiple sendings off but he kept it all together. 3 things:

1. Linesmen can absolutely give fouls, but the way he flagged was for offside. A linesman waves his flat and points in the direction of the team fouled against if it's a free kick, raises his flag in a straight line and points at the offside if it's offside. He got it wrong.

2. As far as I can tell Suarez tried to break Distin's ankle. Can any of the Suarez supporters explain what else he was doing there? He had already injured Mirallas (deliberately kicking him) in the first half, and then that against Silvin Distin of all people. It was pre-mediated, off the ball and very, very indicative of his character.

3. Pretty even match. Everton much better in the first half despite the scoreline, Liverpool much better in the second. I'm very impressed at LFC fitness levels. Expected them to fade given how much pressing they do, but looked the stronger team at the end there.

Liverpool goal wrongly disallowed for offside at 2-2.

United offside goal wrongly given at 2-2.

SOME consistency, please : (

Great match of football. Also real credit to the ref - could have been multiple sendings off but he kept it all together. 3 things:

1. Linesmen can absolutely give fouls, but the way he flagged was for offside. A linesman waves his flat and points in the direction of the team fouled against if it's a free kick, raises his flag in a straight line and points at the offside if it's offside. He got it wrong.

2. As far as I can tell Suarez tried to break Distin's ankle. Can any of the Suarez supporters explain what else he was doing there? He had already injured Mirallas (deliberately kicking him) in the first half, and then that against Silvin Distin of all people. It was pre-mediated, off the ball and very, very indicative of his character.

3. Pretty even match. Everton much better in the first half despite the scoreline, Liverpool much better in the second. I'm very impressed at LFC fitness levels. Expected them to fade given how much pressing they do, but looked the stronger team at the end there.

Great match? Was it really? You watched a different game to me if you thought it was a great game.

Suarez tried to break his ankle? Don't talk such utter crap! How do you know he tried to actually "break his ankle"? Oh wait there, I forgot. You think you are a knowitall. You don't half come out with some rubbish.

Back
Top Bottom