Liverpool Thread

Re: Liverpool Thread

I think it would do Reina and Liverpool good for him to rest a bit and get back his focus, although he got his clean sheet last game.

yeah I agree with you , I think Reina wasn't at his best this season , and maybe a biit of rest gonna back him in his good form , really looking forward for match vs Reading , hope we get 3 points !

about Suarez sometimes I feel shame hes part of our team , he dive and I hate this , its one of bigest reasons why I hate Barcelona , now to have that kind of player on team it dosnt feel good ! all tho hes good player but diving its just a shame !

great news!

Liverpool have today confirmed Suso has signed a new long-term contract with the club.

The 18-year-old committed his future to the Reds by putting pen to paper on the deal at Melwood.

Moments after signing the contract, Suso told Liverpoolfc.com: "I am really happy. Liverpool are one of the biggest clubs in the world and this is the right place for me.

"I am happy Brendan has shown trust in me. I had no questions about signing a new deal and I am really glad to have done so.

"I am comfortable here. I have played some games for the first team and I hope to continue doing that, but I need to work hard every day for that to happen.

"This is one of the best days of my life."

suso500.jpg

Suso joined Liverpool from hometown club Cadiz in 2010.

The Spaniard impressed at both youth and reserve-team levels before being handed his senior debut in the Europa League victory over Young Boys in September.

He has since gone on to make four more appearances for the first team, winning plenty of praise for his mature displays in the process.

Reds boss Brendan Rodgers said: "We are all delighted Suso has committed his long-term future to Liverpool Football Club.

"At 18, he has demonstrated outstanding technical qualities but also shown very good temperament to play for such a prestigious club.

"His commitment is very good news for all our young Academy players and the excellent work taken place by the Academy coaches and staff."

After reading that once again Liverpool wont be shown on tv, I realised that i havent even watched a single match that liverpool have won this season....

good 3 points , not happy for dont score more than once but still better than nothing .

Jones had a great match all tho he dont had a lot to do !

our defenders were like sleeping on 2nd half , react so slowly , glad we dont take a goal !

Suarez ? damn wish this guy know how to score ! a lot of chances i think if a player like HIguain was at his possision today could easy score at last 2 goals !

we need a quality striker on january and I think we have a very promising team !

YNWA

if it wasn´t Brad Jones, this would be a draw or a loss..

good three points but we are not good atm.. not good at all.

only positive are Jones, Wisdom, Sterling, Agger and Suso...

not looking forward to next games if we continue to struggle like this, despite the win today..

Suarez was shocking at times, he missed some golden opportunities which shows once again that he's not a prolific goalscorer.
Sterling had a very good match and Suso also showed his sparks of brilliance.

But the match itself was boring if u ask me, I wouldn't be watching if it wasn't for Liverpool. I could sense the players weren't giving their best against a weak opposition like Reading, it seemed like the knew they're gonna win it and they didn't want to waste too much energy.

if it wasn´t Brad Jones, this would be a draw or a loss..

good three points but we are not good atm.. not good at all.

only positive are Jones, Wisdom, Sterling, Agger and Suso...

not looking forward to next games if we continue to struggle like this, despite the win today..

:CONFUSE:

If we had a striker who was skilled at finishing then today would've been a fantastic performance. Because Suarez had poor finishing, the game dragged out longer than it needed to. If the old Michael Owen or Fowler would've had those chances then it could've been 5-0.

We had some shaky moments in defence but we looked superb up front. Again, it shows the need for a clinical finisher.

i stand by my words.. i know it´s a problem Suarez is used currently as a CF, wich imho he isn´t, but the state of our defence today was very poor, especialy in second half of the game.. Skrtel ALWAYS looks shaky in pressure and he can´t head the ball away in clear manner not to give our oponent the ball straight away from his heading "clereance" - this is his major problem.. other than that.. Shelvey did cause some troubles to Wisdom with his back passes, that could allow Reading to score at least 3 times in second half..

i agree with the post about a deadly finisher, BUT our constant passing in width and back causes our defence problems...instead of playing it straight, we often pass the ball in width of the field and lose the ball very often today.. i hope we fix this problem... we miss Lucas a lot..

Suarez reminds me of Rooney from 2006/2007, great talent but he needs to really put in the work when it comes to his finishing, not good enough.

:CONFUSE:

If we had a striker who was skilled at finishing then today would've been a fantastic performance. Because Suarez had poor finishing, the game dragged out longer than it needed to. If the old Michael Owen or Fowler would've had those chances then it could've been 5-0.

We had some shaky moments in defence but we looked superb up front. Again, it shows the need for a clinical finisher.

Im agree with you , we won 5-2 away to norwich and suarez had his day , he did finish good hes chances , if he was in same day as that vs norwich he can have another hat-trick and we can have an amazing win again so everyone can be happy about :D

Is that FC Anzhi Makhachkala? Hiddink? Eto?

Very nice of them.

Of course it' a nice gesture. Knowing that it comes from that club with that owner (a war criminal), it one can only see it as extremely cynical. If it's a gesture of Hiddink and the players, it's a nice gesture...let's for once believe that it was just that.

Of course it' a nice gesture. Knowing that it comes from that club with that owner (a war criminal), it one can only see it as extremely cynical. If it's a gesture of Hiddink and the players, it's a nice gesture...let's for once believe that it was just that.

I assume it was Hiddink's idea. I doubt the owner had anything to do with it. But I have no idea.

LMAO Agger..

Wisdom is a beast, 19 years old, already a great player.

edit: Assaidi was a steal for what we payed..

also i have more faith in Jones now than in Reina.. what a second choice to have!

Last edited:

Anzhi is an awful team, can't believe Eto'o is playing there.

Anyway, there were 2 players that impressed me so much tonight Assaidi and Wisdom. Especially Assaidi was amazing, I agree with Pipa, he was a bargain.
He should definitely start against Everton. Wisdom is a beast, I think Johnson's days at Liverpool are counted but his versatility is very much needed.

Suarez has become so annoying to watch and I could almost predict he'd go down in the next touch ... He needs medical treatment *No Joke*

Anzhi is an awful team, can't believe Eto'o is playing there.

Anyway, there were 2 players that impressed me so much tonight Assaidi and Wisdom. Especially Assaidi was amazing, I agree with Pipa, he was a bargain.
He should definitely start against Everton. Wisdom is a beast, I think Johnson's days at Liverpool are counted but his versatility is very much needed.

Suarez has become so annoying to watch and I could almost predict he'd go down in the next touch ... He needs medical treatment *No Joke*

Johnson was my man of the match untill he was replaced, definetly to save him against Everton... he is a curent first choice for left back and was very attacking in first half.. i think the players who should worry about Wisdom´s form are Kelly and Flanagan...

Johnson is our best side back by far..

anzhi were good, Liverpool was better..but not that much..

we had good chances, but also made almost fatal mistakes..such as Downings pass to Jones, with clear Skrtel clearence...this could chainge the match..

Back
Top Bottom